Zero gravity chairs are about one thing only—comfort. No matter the type, size, or design of the chair that you pick, it must be something you can sit on. Then you kick back, relax your neck and back in a reclined position and let all your tension and stress slip away.
There are a number of things you need to look out for when you want to pick out a zero-gravity chair. One of which is where you want to place the chair. Indoor chairs are designed to match better with your indoor furniture while those made for outdoor are built with durable materials to withstand the elements.
Also, you should put in mind how often you will need to use the chair. If it comes recommended for medical reasons, you might want to go for quality no matter the price. You should also look out for those with extra features that you prefer.
The 10 Best Zero Gravity Chairs 2018
|AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Chair|
|Le Papillon Zero Gravity Chair|
|Akari Extra Large Zero Gravity Chair|
|Portal Oversized Zero Gravity Chair|
|Super Decor Set of Two Purple Zero Gravity Chairs|
|Best Choice Products Two-Person Zero Gravity Chair|
|Timber Ridge Padded Zero Gravity Chair|
|Medical Breakthrough Zero Gravity Massage Chair|
|AmeriGlide 325 Infinite Position Zero Gravity Lift Chair|
|Best Choice Products Folding Orbital Zero Gravity Chair|
1. AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Chair – Best OverallThis zero gravity chair is in top form for an outdoor life. It is made with a steel frame that is powder-coated and weather-resistant fabric making it durable outdoors. The chair also has a capacity, which is able to support almost any body type
It comes with a double-bungee support which securely connects the weather-resistant fabric made from Textilene to the durable steel frame—keeping it sturdy. With a 300 pound capacity, the chair has enough strength and space to hold you up comfortably.
It works perfectly both when reclining and when you are sitting upright in it. It also comes with some added features for maximum comfort like curved armrest and a headrest. Additionally, it is available in 4 different color varieties and can be folded flat for easy storage.
2. Le Papillon Zero Gravity Chair With Removable Cushion – For the Extra CushionThis zero gravity chair fits perfectly both in the house as well as outdoors. Wherein, one of the major highlights of the reclining chair is its removable cushion made with suede material. This serves as an insulator that protects your skin against heat if the chair has been sitting outside. Alternatively, it might protect against the cold if it has been indoors.
The chair has a steel frame that is coated silver for durability and added beauty. The cushion is kept firmly in place on the chair frame by straps and back anti-skidding
The extra cushion also gives it a friendlier indoor look so that it fits in with the rest of your indoor furniture. The chair has extra features like a removable headrest and an adjustment knob for locking the chair in place in any reclining position you desire.
Additionally, it is easy to move about and can be stowed away easily when not in use. You also don’t have to go through any stress in setting it up since it is delivered fully assembled.
3. Akari Extra Large Zero Gravity Chair – Extra-Large To AccommodateThis zero gravity chair comes with a lot of extras. It is extra-large, made to accommodate the extra-tall and can also take some extra weight. The chair also comes with added features such as a canopy that protects your face from sunlight and additionally helps you stay cool on sunny days.
It has a detachable holder which can be used for holding your drinks, snacks, book, or phone. The chair also has a locking mechanism that helps to keep it in place in any reclining position you choose. Likewise, it has a detachable pillow headrest for added comfort.
There are 3 different colors available and each one is made of durable powder-coated steel material that stays rust free and waterproof regardless of the environment. Complementing all of this, the extra-large recliner is lightweight and folds up conveniently for easy transportation and for saving up storage space.
4. Portal Oversized Zero Gravity Chair – Most Luxurious ChairThis zero-gravity chair isn’t just big, it comes with its own table. This gives you extra space to hold your essentials while having a refreshing time on your reclining chair. The chair is made from breathable mesh fabric that blends in well with your outdoor landscape and also keeps you regulated in the afternoon sun.
It also comes with an adjustable and detachable sponge pillow for comfortable resting. Its durable steel frame is designed for absolute comfort and maximum flexibility.
The zero gravity chair is lightweight, easy to move, and easy to store. Additionally, it can be folded flat to save space when not in use. It has a locking mechanism that is perfectly positioned beneath the armrest. This makes it easy to reach, so as to lock the chair in place. Finally, the chair is perfect for a relaxing afternoon in the backyard or a day at the beach.
5. Best Choice Products Two-Person Zero Gravity Chair – The Reclining Chair for LoversWith a 450 pounds weight capacity, this reclining chair is strong enough to support two people and is wide enough for lovers. The chair is a perfect choice to make relaxation time with your friend or lover a lot more enjoyable.
It has an adjustable and removable headrest and tray for holding cups and other items. The chair instantly adjusts to your body as it is made of an elastic material which is also UV resistant. Hence, the chair is perfect for a wide range of body types. Furthermore, it is suitable for settings ranging from outdoor camping to pool days.
Despite being larger, the chair is surprisingly lightweight and foldable. This makes it easy to move about in the house or transport for a romantic getaway at the beach. It comes in three different color varieties—tan, orange, and brown.
6. Super Decor Set Of Two Purple Zero Gravity Chairs – Best Chair for Dual ComfortFor those looking for a spice of color, this reclining chair comes in purple with a touch of pink. Essentially, it gives you something to display to your friends and neighbors when they come visiting.
The two sleek chairs come with all the extras you can ask for; cup holders, sunshade, and a slot for holding your mobile devices. This means you can set yourself up for a relaxing afternoon.
The chairs are also designed to be durable with a steel frame and UV resistant material. They also have knobs for keeping the chair locked in place in whatever position you want. Lastly, the high-quality elastic materials ensure that it always adjusts to your size whenever you make use of it.
7. Timber Ridge Padded Zero Gravity Chair – Best Chair for Extra ComfortThis is a unique zero gravity chair built for extra comfort. Unlike others made with a canvas material, the chair is made of padded material that makes your relaxation time absolutely comfortable.
It comes at a shorter length of 72 inches only. This makes it particularly limited to small-framed individuals. Other than this, the chair has all the essentials needed for comfort and some extras for luxury.
You get multiple reclining positions and a locking mechanism for keeping it in place. It also comes with a removable pillow which is padded for comfort. There are 3 color varieties available—blue, camouflage, and earth color.
8. Medical Breakthrough Zero Gravity Massage Chair – The Medical ChoiceThis zero gravity chair has a myriad of features which builds it into something special. Asides being a comfortable chair that reclines perfectly to relive all your body’s pressure point, it also comes with a built-in body massager and heating device.
The chair is specially designed by a team of surgeons, chiropractors, doctors, and pain specialists. Hence, it is built with the absolute comfort of users and efficient performance in mind. That said, the reclining chair, to do its job properly, scans and adjusts to your body shape when you sit on it.
The massage feature is fully customizable allowing you to choose the specific areas that you would like massaged. It also comes with chiropractic function that will help you stretch your back and at the same time squeeze your knees in order to lengthen your spine. Once again, it takes the word comfort and satisfaction literally. It is specifically designed for medical alleviation of pains and body aches and definitely worth the price should you decide to go for it.
9. Ameriglide 325 Infinite Position Zero Gravity Lift Chair – Improved Mobility and SafetyBuilt specifically for the aged and those recovering from surgery, this zero gravity chair can also double as a lift chair. The chair can recline to several positions and the footrest can be adjusted as well to aid blood flow.
It can also be fully customized for perfect comfort on your part. And asides the adjustable footrest, it also has a two-tiered seat-back and adjustable cushion. The Ameriglide zero gravity chair is an affordable way to improve safety and ease movement.
The zero gravity chair blends perfectly with your indoor furniture than most reclining chairs do. This, in turn, is one of the reasons why we recommend it for indoor use. There are four color options available for this chair; Bordeaux, chocolate, denim, and putty.
10. Best Choice Products Folding Orbital Zero Gravity Chair – Best Looking ChairIf you are looking for a zero gravity chair with a cool modern look then this is the best option for you. It sits on circular crisscrossing steel frames made from powder-coated steel which is quite durable. At the same time, the design language keeps the chair in a permanent adjustable but comfortable reclining position.
The material and pillow are made of PVC material that is absolutely convenient to lie on. It is incredibly lightweight and folds up effortlessly making it very easy to move around. Moving on, the orbital zero gravity chair comes in 6 different colors that fit perfectly with the rest of your interior decoration. Its carrying capacity of 264 pounds means it is not made for the heavyweight, but it sure holds up an average person without stress.
What You Need To Know Before Buying a Zero Gravity Chair
Without question, there are several benefits to owning your own zero gravity chair. And if you decide to get one for yourself, it’s a totally awesome idea.
Point made, the sitting position you take in a zero gravity chair mimics the feeling of weightlessness and this has immense medical benefits.
First, its great for your spine as it gives your lungs a lot of relief. It is also known to reduce blood pressure and to also relieve pain.
That said, there is a long list of zero gravity chairs to choose from and that might be a bit tricky for buyers. Hence, here are a number of things you need to put into consideration before buying yourself a zero gravity chair.
1. Your Body Type
The main purpose of buying a reclining chair in the first place is comfort. Better yet, the very first thing that must be considered is how well the chair you are picking fits your body type.
This, to a very large extent, will determine how comfortable the chair will be. Since many chairs are designed to accommodate people of average weight and height—if your body type doesn’t fall into the range of being average you might need to look for something exactly your size.
In other words, there are chairs made specifically for tall people or short people. And that is what you should look out for while shopping for a chair. At least, in regards to your personal size.
2. How Often Will You Use the Chair?
There is simply no point in spending so much money on an expensive chair that you might only use once in a while. How often you will use the chair you want to buy is one of the major questions you need to answer. Is it going to be a permanent fixture in your living room? How often will you have to move it about? And will it serve you both indoors and outdoors?
If you will be using your chair often, you might need to go for something more rugged and built to last. Otherwise, if you won’t be putting it to regular use, then mind your budget.
This is another important point to keep in mind when shopping for a zero gravity chair. For example, if you plan to use the chair both in the house and outside in your backyard—or even for relaxing on the beach, then something lightweight and easy to transport should be your target.
However, if you don’t mind keeping your chair in place, then the bulky multifunctional types will do. The fact that their bulky build allows extra features like massager and heat should also be noticed.
4. How Fancy Do You Want Your Zero Gravity Chair To Be?
Some people like pretty things even if it’s just a zero gravity chair. As a matter of fact, we are one of those interested in fancy designs and bright colors. Hence, there are certain models of reclining chairs made just for people like us. Nonetheless, if all you want is a functioning chair and you don’t care so much about its looks, then just go for something simple.
5. What Purpose Will Your Zero Gravity Chair Serve?
Is it just luxury or you have medical reasons for buying that chair. You need to answer that question and go for something built for your needs. You don’t have to spend so much on getting an expensive zero gravity chair that’s specialized. Though, for the aged or people with certain medical conditions, it’s the right choice. Moving on, it is wiser to go for something simple, if you just want to relax.
6. Is Brand Name Important?
While buying a big brand name doesn’t automatically guarantee that you are buying quality, there is still a lot of assurance that comes with purchasing from a famous brand. This isn’t to say that the other chair brands don’t have something great to offer too.
In fact, if you are working on a tight budget then you might want to avoid the big brands and the large bills that follow them. Instead, something less popular yet having quality (in spades by the way) should be a viable alternative. All that said, for chairs with electrical parts, quality is key so it won’t be a bad idea to go for a known name in this case.
7. Your Budget
The idea here is not just to buy something cheap. That will be totally wrong. Rather than forfeit quality for cost, go for the best quality your money can buy. Of course, you might have to forfeit some extra features to get what you want.
Nonetheless, as long as your chair has all the basic components to work great, you are good to go. In other words, a combination of great price, excellent track record, and quality design is what you should look for in any product (not limited to this) regardless of your budget.
Our Final Take
After a long stressful day at work, there is nothing better than coming back to your personal spot where you can relax and let all that stress slip away. Your zero gravity chair serves this purpose and a lot more.
It is thus important that you are not only choosing something that suits your pocket, but something that suits your body as well.
Thus, consider all the factors that have been discussed here and how they apply to you. From there, make a decision that will not only last for a long time but will also serve its purpose.