There is a wide range of soft coolers in the market. From insulation bags to Styrofoam boxes, you will find much variety. However, we have not quite experienced anything like the Yeti Hopper 40 collection.
Yeti Hopper 40, built for the wild, incorporates construction and materials that make it one of the most durable “soft” coolers. It features two DryHide™ shells – one for the interior and the other outside. They are made of the same material used in whitewater rafts. It offers tough-as-nails durability.
The exterior side of the cooler boasts a double TPU coating. It makes the Yeti Hopper 40 impenetrable, waterproof, and fade resistant.
It does cost you more than you’d expect for a cooler. However, what you get in return, is a high-quality cooler. This product can beat even some of the best hard-shell units out there in quality.
If you are going to hit the foggy coastline or hilly areas, take it with you. Even if you are about to take a walk down to the local lake, the Yeti Hopper 40 is the best choice. This cooler suits both long-distance and shorter journeys brilliantly.
Though it is easy to be skeptical, we want you to go through our Yeti Hopper 40 review. It will give you the full truth about this superb cooler.
Yeti Hopper 40 Specs
Table of Contents
- 1 Yeti Hopper 40 Specs
- 2 Yeti Hopper 40 Options Available
- 3 Yeti Hopper 40 Features
- 4 What Makes Yeti Hopper 40 So Awesome?
- 5 How to Clean The Yeti Hopper 40
- 6 User Feedback and Reviews
- 7 How Much Does the Yeti Hopper 40 Cost?
- 8 What is the Yeti Hopper 40’s Warranty?
- 9 Why Buy the Yeti Hopper 40?
- Cooler Type: Soft-sided
- Best Use: Camping
- Gear Capacity (L): 40 liters
- Gear Capacity (cu. in.): 2333 Cubic Inches
- Material(s): Outer: 840-Denier Double-Side Thermoplastic Urethane; Insulation: Closed-Cell Foam; bottom: EVA
- Dimensions: 26 x 13 x 19.5 Inches
- Weight: 4 Pounds.
- 840-denier double-side thermoplastic urethane
- Construction: Soft-Sided
- Dry Storage: No
- Drainage: No
- Locking: No
- Slip Resistant: No
- Warranty: Three Years
- Wheels: No
Yeti Hopper 40 Options Available
You will find many contenders of Yeti Hopper 40 in the market. Below we have a comparison table:
This review is fully based on the Yeti Hopper 40 model.
Yeti Hopper 40 Features
- Waterproof Coating: The Yeti Hopper 40 features a waterproof coating.
- Welded Seams: The product includes welded seams for a watertight seal.
- HydroLok™ Zipper: The Yeti Hopper 40 offers you an air-tight seal with the HydroLok™ Zipper. That means that the zipper protects heat and water from getting in. Also, it protects cool and melted ice from getting out. The zipper is designed to be snag-proof. Additionally, you’ll get a small bottle of lubricant. It ensures that the cooler’s zipper stays in shape.
- DryHide™ Interior and Exterior Shells: This cooler comes with DryHide™ Interior and Exterior Shells. They make your food and drinks last longer.
- Ergonomic Detachable Shoulder Strap: With the Yeti Hopper 40 cooler, you also get the ergonomic detachable shoulder straps.
- Reinforced and Double-Stitched Handles: This cooler is quite robust and made for use in the wild. It has double-stitched and reinforced handles.
- ColdCell™ Foam Insulation: The Yeti Hopper 40 features a cold cell foam insulation that keeps ice from melting for days. Due to this cold cell insulation, you can easily keep your drinks and food cold for more than two days. Even when the temperature is at 95-degrees, the heat is no match for the Yeti Hopper 40.
- HitchPoint™ Grid of Straps: This cooler offers hitch point grid of straps for customized attachment options.
- Six D-Ring Points: You will find six built-in D-ring tie-down points for attaching gear on this cooler. They help you latch tightly and exert tons of pulls without damaging the cooler.
What Makes Yeti Hopper 40 So Awesome?
The Yeti Hopper 40 proves to be one of the best models by the Yeti company. Let’s take note of some more attractive things about it.
- Durability: When it comes to sustainability and durability, the Yeti Hopper 40 is much stronger than other soft-shell coolers in the market. Its foundation are the D-rings that produce a tight grip and leave room for lots of pull.
- Indestructible: The RF welded seams, and the dry hide shell have made this cooler nearly indestructible. They keep it intact even when dragged through the dirt and rocks. UV rays and mildew are no match. If you end up in the wilderness, this cooler is all set to course it by your side.
- Portability: The portability of the little Yeti Hopper 40 is really what makes it stand out. Most people love to get this soft-shell cooler in the first place because it is so easy to carry around.
- Purse-Like Design: Another wonderful characteristic of this cooler is its purse-like design. It is different from the awkward-to-carry and boxy coolers that we usually see in the market. When you are done with your ventures, you can easily compress it in a tight space.
How to Clean The Yeti Hopper 40
Cleaning this cooler is not a difficult task. You could only use a simple solution of dish wash and water to give your Yeti Hopper 40 a brand-new look. When you are done using it, simply rinse it out with fresh water. Then wipe it dry with a clean paper towel.
After you have washed it, we will recommend you to leave it open for a day or two. It will dry out nicely by then.
User Feedback and Reviews
Before you go to buy this cooler, you will surely want to know what people are saying about it.
Most Common Complaints
- A bit expensive: Some people complained that the Yeti Hopper 40 is more costly than the rest of its contenders.
- Lubing Required: You have to lube the Yeti Hopper 40’s zipper every once in a while.
Most Common Praises
- Durable: Undoubtedly, the Yeti Hopper 40 is a quite durable cooler.
- Good Companion in the Wilderness: The Yeti Hopper 40 has a puncture-proof dry hide shell. It proves to be a great companion in the wilderness.
- Excellent Ice Retention: This cooler offers excellent ice retention.
How Much Does the Yeti Hopper 40 Cost?
When it comes to a soft-shell cooler, the Hopper 40 is one of the best in the market. It is an easy winner in terms of soft-shell ice retention. This cooler is far superior to all other soft-shell coolers available.
It keeps your drinks and food fresh for days. Additionally, the product will last you for years because of its incredible durability.
You can buy this cooler for a little under $500. You might shy away from this cooler because of the high price. However, stay informed that it is more of a long-term investment than a short-term reflex buying.
What is the Yeti Hopper 40’s Warranty?
The Yeti Hopper 40 is backed up with a three-year limited warranty. This limited warranty only applies if you find a defect in the product in terms of a manufacturer’s fault. There are some other conditions for the warranty that you may find out here.
Why Buy the Yeti Hopper 40?
Overall, we must give the Yeti Hopper 40 a capital A+ because of its high-quality design features. From the purse-like design to the durable construction, to the compactness, and everything in-between, it is obvious to see why people love this Yeti cooler.
When it comes to soft-shell coolers, you will be pressed to find something that can match the Yeti Hopper 40.