While some dog owners think of dog crates as inhumane, the opposite is actually true — are den animals.
This makes the best XXXL crates must-have accessories. They are not only good for holding dogs at home; they are also important for transporting and training the dog.
However, choosing the right XXXL dog cage may not be as easy as you may think. To ensure that you get the best abode that will offer comfort and space for your pet, you have to choose carefully (Source).
In this regard, you need to consider aspects like the cage material and size of your dog. Additionally, you need to sunbathing the intended application of the cage.
If the cage is meant for use indoors, your preferred choice should complement the décor in your home. Having considered such options, here are five of the best XXXL dog crates today.
Most Common Issues People Have with XXXL Dog Crates
Table of Contents
- 1 Most Common Issues People Have with XXXL Dog Crates
- 2 What is an XXXL Dog Crate?
- 3 Best XXXL Dog Crates 2019
- 4 1. MidWest iCrate Single Door & Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crates – Best Overall
- 5 2. Amazon Basics Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate – The Most Affordable XXXL Dog Crate
- 6 3. MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate – Best Crate for Aggressive Dogs
- 7 4. Noz2Noz N2 Sof-Krate Soft Dog Crate – Best Crate for Transporting Your Dog
- 8 5. New World Folding Metal Dog Crate – Best Value for the Money
- 9 Features of the Best XXXL Dog Crates
- 10 Things You Must Consider Before Buying an XXXL Dog Crate
- 11 Our Final Review for the Best XXXL Dog Crates
- Not XXXL Enough: When you see the XXXL tag on a dog crate, it is easy for you to assume that any large dog will comfortably fit inside. This may not necessarily be the case, though. Not all XXXL dog crates have the same dimensions.
- Too Heavy: Oftentimes, people who use an XXXL dog crate will need to take it out on the go. If it is too heavy, it will be a lot more stressful to do this. Since many dog crates are made with metal, the weight can easily become a top concern for many people.
- Poor Security: If you get an XXXL dog crate, you shouldn’t have to to worry about your dog escaping or being able to open the door by themselves. Not everybody considers this and can easily end up with a model which isn’t very secure.
What is an XXXL Dog Crate?
Dog crates are popular for many different reasons. For dogs, they provide a safe and secure place to lay down and call home.
Dog owners are better able to keep track of their dog and easily take them out on trips when they use a crate. XXXL dog crates are larger than other crate models so that your large dog will be able to lay inside comfortably.
Best XXXL Dog Crates 2019
|MidWest iCrate Dog Crate|
|Amazon Basics Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate|
|MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate|
|Noz2Noz N2 Sof-Krate Soft Dog Crate|
|New World Folding Metal Dog Crate|
1. MidWest iCrate Single Door & Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crates – Best OverallThe iCrate dog crates by MidWest Homes are rated as some of the best by most of the experts in the industry. This may be attributed to the many features they offer alongside affordability.
As a matter of fact, these crates offer an impressive value of your money. To begin with, they come with a Home Training System. Additionally, the cage is specifically designed to offer optimal security, safety, and comfort to your dog.
With regards to security, the cage boasts secure slide-bolt latches and an electro-coat satin-black finish. Meanwhile, the pan found inside this crate is removable; thus, easy to clean for you and comfortable for your pet.
Moreover, iCrate dog crates feature a fold and carry design. As such, you will find it easier to set them up without the need for tools. Hence, these units require minimal storage space whenever they are not being used.
2. Amazon Basics Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate – The Most Affordable XXXL Dog CrateIf you are like most dog owners today, you probably are looking for an affordable dog crate that has all the essential features. In such a case, you should just buy the AmazonBasics Double Door folding crate.
Basically, this crate is made of quality material and features a compact design for enhanced durability.
It features a strong metal-wired construction which makes it lightweight and highly portable. It’s well-ventilated as well and is perfect for sunbathing your pet outside the house. Additionally, this crate is also ideal for training your dog or carrying the pet along with you as you travel.
3. MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate – Best Crate for Aggressive DogsThis is another one of the top rated products by the manufaturer MidWest. Just like the iCrate reviewed above, this extra tall dog crate is very popular among dog owners today.
It’s an extra tall dog crate that’s aesthetically appealing, spacious, and is relatively affordable and of high quality.
Unlike the AmazonBasics crate, this cage is strong enough to hold restless dogs. Again, this crate presents you with a choice of two designs: the single-door and the double-door design.
Likewise, as the name suggests, this crate may be disabled with ease and does not require any tools to assemble or disassemble.
Additionally, the crate is lightweight and portable. Moreover, it features plastic handles that make it easier to carry around; one can say this is one of the best dog shipping crates around.
As an added bonus, the corners of the crate are rounded for safety.
4. Noz2Noz N2 Sof-Krate Soft Dog Crate – Best Crate for Transporting Your DogAre you looking for a dog crate that is soft and comfy for your pet? If so, the Noz2Noz N2 sof-Krate would be a great choice. To begin with, this crate is very beautiful and presentable.
As such, you will find it handy whenever you are visiting friends and family and would like to bring the dog along with you.
Furthermore, aside from being one of the best indoor dog kennels out there, it is also tough enough for outdoor use.
5. New World Folding Metal Dog Crate – Best Value for the MoneyLike the other products by New World, this folding metal crate is ideal for behavior as well as potty training for your dog.
This folding crate is actually a wired metal XXXL crate, which offers ample ventilation for your dog. The single swing door fitted on this crate is large and features a low threshold, which allows the dog to easily enter and exit the pooch.
Features of the Best XXXL Dog Crates
Although it isn’t that complicated to find an XXXL dog crate which will suit your needs, there are various features and potential problems to be aware of. For this reason, we have compiled the results of countless buyer experiences to give you the following list of important features.
Dimensions Which Suit Your Needs
Before you purchase any sort of XXXL dog crate, it’s important that you find a model which best fits your dog. XXXL dog crates can come with different heights and widths. Consider the size and height of your dog so that you get one which fits them perfectly.
Lightweight Enough for Easy Transport
You shouldn’t have to work out your muscles just to move your XXXL dog crate around the house, and out on trips. Check the weight of your top options before making a purchase so that you don’t make the mistake of getting one which is too heavy for you to comfortably transport from place to place.
Doors that Your Dog Won’t Open
It is common for dog owners to expect their dog crate to keep their dog inside the crate. Make sure that the locking mechanism is complicated enough so that your dog won’t be able to open the door on their own.
Dogs are smart enough to open a crate single latch lock which easily pushes to open and close. If you want to keep your dog inside the crate, you need to consider how the lock works.
Strong Construction Material
Although XXXL dog crates are often made with strong metal parts, there are also wooden, plastic, and even fabric XXXL dog crates which you can find. Large dogs can destroy their crate if it is made with weak materials.
If your main focus is on the level of durability your crate offers, make sure that metal parts are used. This will help the crate hold up and last as long as possible.
High Level of Portability & Comfort
If you get one of the best XXXL dog crates, you will likely end up with a model that can easily fold up and be carried away with handles. This is a common feature we find in the metal crates.
As a compassionate dog owner, you should also consider the total level of comfort that your crate provides. Make sure the model you choose will easily allow you to put in blankets, pillows, and such without sacrificing the necessary space.
Things You Must Consider Before Buying an XXXL Dog Crate
Like many pet owners today, you probably are looking for the best cage/crate for your dog. If so, do not just buy the one you think is beautiful or cheap. You need to understand that dogs need comfort and space, just as humans do.
As such, it is important that you buy them crates of the right size. If you own the large dog breeds, you are going to need an extra large crate for it. However, do you know how big it should be?
In addition to the size consideration, there are several other considerations that you need to make while shopping for a dog crate.
If you are looking for the right XXXL dog crate, here are some of the factors you need to consider:
1. The Size
As opposed to the common notion, bigger is not always better when it comes to dog crate sizes. However, the crate should not be too small. The right size for a pet crate is the one that allows it to turn around, sit up straight, and lay on its side with its paws fully stretched out.
To find out the right size for your dog, you need to measure the physical size of your dog. In this regard, you should make the dog stand tall then measure it from the end of its tail to the tip of its nose. You should then add 2 to 4 inches to the measurement you get.
Additionally, since some dog breeds are taller when in a sitting position, you need to measure its height while it is seated upright as well. Again, you should add 2 to 4 inches to this measurement to get the right cage height.
2. Crate Material
Currently, there are several materials that may be used to make a dog crate, ranging from wood to metal. The choice of the right material should be influenced by the personality of the dog.
Alongside that, here are some of the materials you should consider:
- Metal/Wired Dog Crates
These are made of thick metal wires of metal sheets. Some of the leading wired cage brands feature multiple doors. Such are a great choice, if you are looking for enhanced airflow to your pet. The wired construction also makes the crates lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Wooden Dog Crates
If you are looking forward to using the crate in the house, you should get one that features an appealing design. Wooden crates are some of the best, in this regard. A wooden dog crate will give your dog ample space and not compromise the décor in your home.
- Plastic Dog Crates
The various dog crates made of plastic are often referred to as pet carriers or travel cages. This is because such crates are considered to be good at transporting pets. If you would like to use the crate to transport the dog as well, you should consider getting a plastic crate. The leading plastic dog crate models are lightweight, secure, and travel-friendly.
3. Where Would You Like to Use the Crate?
Basically, dog crates may be used inside or outside the house. Depending on where you would like to use the crate, the choice of the right unit will vary. The various wooden dog cage models are precisely designed for use indoors. As such, they are colorful and beautiful. However, wooden crates are relatively heavy and not ideal for transporting the dog.
Plastic crates, on the other hand, may be used both inside and outside the house. When used indoors, these crates occupy minimal space and will not have much impact on the interior décor. However, keeping the dog in plastic crates inside the house for extended periods can lead to depression because of the sheltered nature of plastic dog crates.
Meanwhile, the wired cage options are well-ventilated and ideal for sunbathing your pet outside the house. Since various wired crates are relatively bulky, they are not ideal for use indoors; especially if you do not have much space in the house.
Our Final Review for the Best XXXL Dog Crates
For many dog owners today, choosing the right crate for the larger dog breeds is not easy. However, this choice does not have to be that complicated.
What you need is a spacious, strong, comfortable, and portable XXXL dog crate of the right material. In addition to such considerations, personal preferences will also come to play while shopping for the right unit.
In this regard, you may be looking for a really attractive design that you can show off to your friends and family whenever you go visiting. For such a dog owner, no other crate can beat the aesthetical appeal of the Noz2Noz N2 Sof-Krate Soft Dog Crate. This crate is also versatile in that it may be used both outside and inside the house.
For dog owners looking for the right crate for aggressive dogs, the MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate will come in handy.
The Amazon Basics Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate, on the other hand, is a great choice if you are looking for affordability and basic features.