Based on statistical findings about one in every three people is suffering from hypertension in America alone.
At this rate, it is very likely that you or a member of your family needs to have his or her blood pressure monitored regularly.
If not properly monitored and controlled, this condition can lead to kidney disease, stroke or even a heart attack.
While this condition is relatively common, it does not have obvious symptoms. In a bid to monitor your blood pressure levels more accurately and conveniently at home, you will need a monitor that produces accurate readings (Source).
Since you will be comparing various models, there are some features you’ll have to review first.
Some of the important aspects that you need to consider include the type, cuff size, display and memory capabilities of the various blood pressure monitors.
Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors 2019
- 2 1. Balance Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor – Best Overall
- 3 2. Omron BP652N 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor – The Best Automatically Inflating Wrist Monitor
- 4 3. Generation Guard Clinical Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor – The Best FDA Approved Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 5 4. Omron 7 Series Bluetooth Wireless Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor – The Best Bluetooth Enabled Wrist Monitor
- 6 5. Care Touch Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor – The Best Affordable Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying a Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 8 Our Final Review
|Balance Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor|
|Omron BP652N 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor|
|Generation Guard Clinical Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor|
|Omron 7 Series Bluetooth Wireless Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor|
|Care Touch Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Mo|
1. Balance Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor – Best OverallIf you are looking for the best blend of affordability, accuracy and ease of use, the Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor by Balance will be a great choice. This product is one of the best selling wrist blood pressure monitors today for a reason. Prized below $15, this unit features a compact and portable design.
The built-in Position Assistant used in this gadget is one of the features that set it aside from its competitors. The Position Assistant feature will correct the position of your arm in real time for accurate readings.
You will also love the interactive display used on this unit. The 3.3 by 2.5 inches LCD display used on this unit will display all the details you need in a large font. In this regard, the unit will give you accurate diastolic and systolic blood pressure as well as pulse readings.
In addition to the large backlit display, you can also activate the Position Assistant feature to help you ascertain the correct wrist position to attach the unit. This ensures that you have used the monitor on the correct position for accurate readings.
In addition to its compact design, this wrist monitor is also lightweight, weighing about 7 ounces. This, coupled with the fact that it runs on two size AAA batteries makes this product very portable. In this regard, it comes with a carry bag for storage and transportation.
With regards to memory capabilities, this monitor may be used by two patients and store up to 60 records for each of the patients.
2. Omron BP652N 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor – The Best Automatically Inflating Wrist MonitorAre you looking for a product by one of the leading and well renowned blood pressure monitor manufacturers? The Omron manufacturer has been producing some of the best blood pressure monitoring equipment for the more than 40 years it has been in business. The Omron BP652N 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor is one of the most popular products by this manufacturer.
So, why is this product loved by so many Americans? To begin with, the unit is renowned for its accuracy. In addition to giving you accurate blood pressure readings, the monitor will also alert you whenever it detects irregular heartbeats. Additionally, the product will also notify you if it gets results that are out of the normal blood pressure range.
The memory on this gadget can store up to 100 records with a date and time stamp on each of the records.
3. Generation Guard Clinical Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor – The Best FDA Approved Wrist Blood Pressure MonitorConcerned about the accuracy and ease of operation of your new wrist blood pressure monitor? You should consider buying a model that has been approved by FDA, such as the Clinical Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor by Generation Guard. In addition to its clinical approval, this unit features exceptional technology for enhanced accuracy and ease of use.
With the large display, reading your blood pressure results has never been easier. The product is one of the most versatile monitors you can buy today. The adjustable cuff used on the monitor may be used by people with a wrist size of between 5 and 9 inches.
Depending on your preferences, this product allows you to take the measurements in either kPa or mmHg. The unit is also equipped with an irregular heart indicator to monitor your heart rate.
4. Omron 7 Series Bluetooth Wireless Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor – The Best Bluetooth Enabled Wrist MonitorGet a holistic picture of your health with this innovative product by one of the leading manufacturers today. The Omron 7 Series Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor is specifically designed to give you accurate data anywhere anytime.
In this regard, it features Smart Bluetooth Technology and can tether to the Omron Wellness mobile app to give you detailed information and comprehensive data on your health. The Omron 7 Series Wireless wrist monitor is designed to give you accuracy anywhere.
With Bluetooth Smart technology, you can track your readings on select devices with the free Omron Wellness mobile app to help get a clearer picture of your health.
The Bluetooth and Omron Wellness app connectivity of this device allows you to sync your readings wirelessly to your Smartphone. As such, you can access the information anywhere anytime.
The indicator lights fitted on the unit help you assume the right position so that you can get accurate readings from your device.
5. Care Touch Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor – The Best Affordable Wrist Blood Pressure MonitorIf affordability is your key concern or are working on a limited budget, the Care Touch Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor would be a great choice. To begin with, the unit is pretty easy to use, featuring a large backlit display that is easy to read. This unit will take accurate measurements of your blood pressure and alert you if the results are not within the normal range.
The inbuilt memory in this gadget can store up to 60 records, each with a date and time stamp, for comparison. The FDA approved wrist blood pressure monitor can take pressure measurements between 0 and 300 mmHg. The cuff on this unit will inflate automatically, provided that you have placed your hand in the right position.
In addition to pressure readings, this unit will also track your heartbeat for irregularities.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
As you may be aware, hypertension is a common chronic condition today that needs to be managed carefully. If you are living with this condition, you doctor will ask you to monitor your blood pressure level closely.
To keep your heart healthy and to remain fit, while suffering from this condition, it is advisable to monitor your blood pressure levels on a daily basis, preferably at home. In this regard, you are going to need a good blood pressure monitor, right? While this is the case, choosing the right pressure monitor model is not that easy.
With so many products to choose from, cost is not the only consideration you need to make. Knowing what to look for in the best wrist blood pressure monitor will help you buy the right unit. In this regard, here are some of the key things you need to consider while shopping for the best product:
1. Type of Blood Pressure Monitor
For many years, the mercury gravity-based manometer had been the only devices that could be used to measure a patient’s blood pressure level. Owing to technological advancements, there are several types of monitors that you can use to ascertain your blood pressoure level. However, not all are built equal.
While choosing for the bets unit, these are the main blood pressure monitor types you should consider:
- Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors
As the name suggests, these monitors are completely wireless and used around the patient’s wrist. These are loved for their accuracy, portability and ease of use, not to mention their affordability. For enhanced accuracy with wrist monitors, you should use the device while seated and with the arm raised to the heart level. While most of wrist monitors run on batteries, some models have A/C adapters that should be plugged into a wall socket.
- Arm Monitors
While these monitors are renowned accuracy and enhanced functionality, they are relatively costlier. They are designed for use on the upper arm. Such units will inflate the cuffs automatically and show you the blood pressure readings, along with other risk factors that you may be having, such as irregular heartbeat. Some of the high-end units will also allow you to download the results into a computer.
If you are buying a arm monitor, you need to get the right fit for the cuffs as this can affect the accuracy of the results you get.
2. Cuff Size
Having decided on which monitor type to buy, you need to ensure that you get the right cuff size. What you need to understand is that too loose or tight cuff will definitely lead to inaccurate results. Rather than looking for the right size cuff for your arm or wrist, it is advisable to go for the flexible options.
Most of the leading blood pressure monitors come with adjustable cuffs. This allows you to adjust the cuffs to fit your arm or wrist size. If you have unusually large arms or wrists, you need to ensure that your preferred model is specific to your measurements.
3. FDA Approval
While it is advisable to buy an accurate wrist blood pressure monitor, it is not easy to tell how accurate each model is. This is where the input of health sanctioning bodies comes in handy. To ensure that you have bought an accurate device, it is advisable to buy the units that have been validated by the appropriate FDA regulated authority.
Such organizations include the American Medical Association (AMA) and American Heart Association (AHA). This is particularly beneficial if you are buying your monitor online.
However, the approval you will find on most of these products is an approval by the FDA. This is a guarantee that your preferred monitor works as described. It also shows that the unit has been tested and approved to be accurate.
4. Display Options
The display on your preferred device should be large enough for you to easily read the results. Additionally, it should display sharp fonts. Currently, there are several models that come with touch screens.
While this feature is not essential, it makes such units easier to calibrate and use. Basically, the display should be able to show the systolic/diastolic, alongside the pulse reading.
5. Memory Capabilities
Most of the leading wrist blood pressure monitors today are fitted with onboard memories. This feature is particularly important for patients monitoring their blood pressure as a result of pre-hypertension or hypertension.
In such a case, you will need a unit that can store several readings for comparison. Basically, your preferred monitor model should be able to store several of your recent measurement results.
Our Final Review
It is advisable for patients living with hypertension and those that are more predisposed to the conditions to monitor their blood pressure regularly.
To do this at home, you need to buy the best wrist blood pressure monitor. These units are considered to be some of the most versatile, convenient, easy to use and accurate ways of tracking blood pressure levels.
Whether you are looking for accuracy, affordability, portability or more features in your new monitor, this guide will help you choose the best wrist blood pressure monitor in the market.