Are you facing problems when handling domestic and commercial wire needs? For sure, stripping wires initially was not only time consuming but also involving and tiresome.
This is especially true if you had other bigger things to do. This is perhaps because manual wire strippers were the only ones available on the market.
However, things are totally different currently, with the emergence of wire stripping machines. These machines make this work quicker and overly effective. Having the right wire-stripping machine saves time and makes working enjoyable and reliable.
The best machine should enable you to cut and strip any type of cable and of any thickness without wasting much time and energy. Good models should be properly designed, easy to use, and speedy and feature bundles of accessories to ease your work.
To help you sort these models and find the best product, our wire stripping machine review below outlines some of the best products and buying tips.
Best Wire Stripping Machines 2018
|The Stripmeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine|
|The Benchtop Automatic Wire Stripping Machine|
|The STP 1000 Wire Stripper Tool|
|The Hardin WS-1270 Manual Cable and Wire Stripper|
|The Seatek SA200SK Wire Stripper|
1. The Stripmeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine – Best Overall Wire Stripping Machine
If you are in the market for an industrial grade automatic wire stripper, consider the Stripmeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine. This machine attacks all your scrap wire, simplifying your work. To achieve this, it comes with numerous features and accessories as outlined below.
Perhaps its feature highlight is the inbuilt Romex adaptor that enables users to cut several layers of wire in just one shot. This has been proved to save up to 33% of the user’s time. The wire stripper strips wires of sizes from gauge 18 to 250MCM.
Quality manufacturing is vitally evident by looking at this machine. It is constructed from a solid aircraft grade aluminum that doesn’t give up to any form of abuse. Other key features of the Stripmeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine include:
- Constructed from solid aircraft aluminum alloy
- Features feeder drives that are precision machined from stainless steel
- It is precision engineered with machine knife made from hardened and heat treated tool steel
- It is an all stainless steel hardware
- Comes with a blade depth reference indicator for easy adjustment of blade height
- It is all precision-machined with CNC milling technology
Four Reasons why you should consider the StripMeister
Being the best overall product, here are some of the reasons why you should buy this wire stripper.
- Better price – this is the best product for the money. It is also retailed and sold by manufacturers, thus free from intermediary price hikes.
- North American product – this wire stripper is manufactured under the strict ISO 9001 quality standard.
- Excellent customer service – manufacturers provide quality replacement parts, live website chats and toll-free number in case of queries.
- Unique product features – features variable speed technology, unmatched super precision components and other features not found in basic wire strippers.
2. The Benchtop Automatic Wire Stripping Machine – Best Wire Stripper for Copper Wires
Those looking for an easy and efficient way of recycling copper wires should consider ordering the Benchtop Automatic Wire Stripping Machine. It is the best alternative to the common use of razor when stripping copper wires. Use this machine instead of exposing yourself to the hazardous smoke when burning the copper wires.
Features and specifications of the Benchtop Automatic Wire Stripping Machine include:
- A benchtop automatic wire stripper that easily mounts on any bench or workstation
- Strips up to an estimated 450 inches of copper wire per minute when used with a drill.
- It easily connects to a power drill for enhanced automatic operation.
- It can be used manually through the included crank handle.
- It has a wire stripping capacity of between 3mm to 25mm.
- It does not strip on THHN wire.
3. The STP 1000 Wire Stripper Tool – Best Wire Stripper for Hard Plastic and Rubber Coating
If you are searching for an effective way of removing plastic and rubber coatings of undamaged scrap wire, the STP 1000 Wire Stripper Tool is an effective tool of choice. It is a portable tool that takes advantage of its compact nature.
It is made of aluminum, perhaps the reason behind its sturdy and lightweight nature. The STP 1000 Wire Stripper Tool features hardened steel angled-blade with a wire gauge cutting range of 18 AWG to 6AWG.
As mentioned, this handy, reliable and overly durable wire-stripping machine works best for removing hard plastic, insulation and rubber coating off undamaged scrap wires. The machine comes with specially designed blades made from high carbon steel that strips wires of various gauges.
4. The Hardin WS-1270 Manual Cable and Wire Stripper – Best Wire Stripper for All Wire Shapes
The Hardin WS-1270 Manual Cable and Wire Stripper can trim any shape of wire including square, parallel, and triangular and Romex insulation. It can also accommodate wires ranging from 24 AMG to 7/8 inches. Unlike the STP wire stripper, it independently adjusts rollers and blades thus easing your work.
According to manufacturers, this product produces up to 65% of copper for various electrical applications including wires and cables. Note that copper is often insulated for safety reasons and its seductive properties. Insulation detracts copper’s value, which often determines your returns when before stripping any wire.
The Hardin WS-1270 Manual Cable and Wire Stripper easily remove the insulation from most wires and cables producing premium scrap prices. It is simply designed, and users can strip the wire or cable at the beginning by slipping through the guide rollers.
5. The Seatek SA200SK Wire Stripper – Best Feature-Packed Wire Stripper
If you need a wire stripper for the plenum, computer and communication cables, flat and round Romex coax, line cords, twisted jacketed cables, category 3 and 5 wires among others, the Seatek SA200SK Wire Stripper is an ideal choice.
This product features an extra sharp surgical type blade that easily slices through the cable jackets. The wire cutter produces excellently accurate cuts yet prevents damaging the conductors. This is made possible by setting the featured micrometer dial to an accurate and correct blade depth.
Specific features of the Seatek SA200SK Wire Stripper include:
- Equipped with an extra sharp surgical type blade that easily slices through the cable jackets.
- Extreme accuracy provided by the micrometer dial setting thus prevents damage to conductors.
- Straight cuts all the jacketed cables up to 5/8” and ring cuts cables of up to ½.”
- Features a calibrated micrometer dial that provides precise cut depths.
- Each tool comes with a spare blade cartridge that can be easily replaced.
Things to Consider Before Buying Wire Stripping Machines
Wire strippers come in various forms and styles with diverse features that makes one different from the rest. This complicates the search process, especially for interested persons who don’t have an idea of what to look for in a good wire stripper.
Stripping machines are not limited in use to electricians who want to repair wires. Other interested parties may need to work on home or commercial wires. Before looking at the buying tips, what are the benefits of using wire strippers?
Advantages of Using Wire Stripping Machines
Stripping a wire through standard means takes a lot of time and energy. It can also be a hazard, especially if you resort to awkward methods, such as using your teeth. Outlined below are some of the key benefits associated with the use of wire stripping machines.
Quality stripping – unlike stripping a wire by hand, using a wire stripping machine guarantees utmost quality and promises good returns. Machines also make it easy to strip bigger wires, which often seem difficult by hand. However, achieving quality stripping often comes down to choosing the best wire stripping machine.
Some machines are operated manually and lightweight thus portable and can be used anywhere.
Manpower – a quality wire stripping machine will hold the wire by itself and does the entire process for you. Having the right machine by your side in a workshop or at home eliminates the need of others’ help in your work. It does everything for you.
That said, below are some of the things to consider when searching for the best wire stripping machine on the market.
Wire Stripping Machine Design
Like any other workshop equipment, you must consider the design of the wire-stripping machine. There are primarily two types of wire strippers, the manual, and automatic machines. Before settling on either, consider which one is best for your needs.
Manual model, judging from the name, requires low maintenance and requires little space to work on. On the other hand, automated machines are certainly powerful and can handle heavy-duty wires much better. Of both models, the manual machines are affordable than automated models.
As mentioned before, people seek the services of wire stripping machines for various applications. Regardless of the use, it is of immense importance to consider the speed of the machine.
Quick machines come in handy if you need to strip many wires as possible. It helps you complete your projects timely. Some models are faster than others. However, speed in some models can compromise the quality of certain wires. In relation to this, note that manual machined may not be fast enough.
Ease of Use
You should always ensure that the machine is easy to set up and use. Otherwise, you will spend much time trying to understand the working ability of the machine, instead of working on your wires.
As mentioned above, there are various machines with a plethora of features and varying functionality. Most of them incorporate advanced technology that may make them quite daunting to operate. However, such machines are overly effective and precise. Nonetheless, always go for a model that is simple yet ascertains quality stripping.
Other essential features to consider include:
- Construction – wire stripping machines are built from various materials. Whereas some are aluminum coated, others are made of steel. The choice of either material determines the longevity of the machine.
- Price – these machines are available at varying prices. Primarily the features often determine the price of these machines, just like other workshop tools. Before settling on a machine, weigh the features and price tags. Consider an affordable machine that provides all the features of a wire stripper of your needs.
Our Final Review
Whether you are a professional or a handyman looking to try some basic electrical work, having a wire-stripping machine will be helpful. However, not all wire-stripping machines provide a guarantee of easing your workout.
You will need to find the best wire-stripping machine from the wide pool available on the market. The best that guarantees precise wire cutting and stripping should be of good design, easy to use, reasonable speed and affordable to use. It should also have options for manual usage, to increase its portability.
From our wire stripping machine review above, which machine do you think is your favorite? Share with us in the comments section below!