Are you looking forward to increasing your arm strength and speed? Weighted arm sleeves will be a great addition to your routine workouts. Such products are designed to offer added weight around the forearms.
Not all weighted arm sleeves are created equal. Some weighted arm sleeves are adaptable, doubling as ankle weights. Others are more suited to one form of exercise over another.
Not only do these sleeves help with strength training, but they also prevent injuries to your shoulders and elbows. Weighted arm sleeves are particularly beneficial for baseball players, sprinters and golfers.
Such sleeves can help improve your flexibility when competing in your favorite sport or simply when lifting weights. In case, if you are looking to enhance strength, agility, and coordination, buying a weighted jump rope can help as well. Such ropes also promote muscle-building and weight loss.
Choose a weighted arm sleeve that best fits your needs. Before buying an arm sleeve with weight, consider such aspects as the fit and comfort, materials, weight options as well as design and style of the sleeves.
Features to Consider Before Buying Weighted Arm Sleeves
Table of Contents
- 1 Features to Consider Before Buying Weighted Arm Sleeves
- 2 Comparing The Best Weighted Arm Sleeves
- 3 1. Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights – Best Overall
- 4 2. TheraBand Ankle Weights – The Best Weighted arm Sleeves for Physical Therapy
- 5 3. Da Vinci Adjustable Ankle or Wrist Weights – The Best Fixed Weight Weighted Arm Sleeves
- 6 4. Valeo Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights – The Best Weight-Adjustable Weighted Arm Sleeves
- 7 5. Zensufu Ankle or Wrist Weights – The Best Affordable Weighted Arm Sleeves
- 8 What Weight Should I Go for with Arm Sleeves?
- 9 Where to Buy Weighted Arm Sleeves?
- 10 Things You Must Know Before Choosing Weighted Arm Sleeves
- 11 Ready To Buy The Best Weighted Arm Sleeves?
The weight load should be matched to the activity. Heavier weights go with less vigorous activities. Lower weights pair best with more strenuous exertion.
Some weights come in only one size. Others allow you to change the weight load. In any case, normal weighted arm sleeves usually are weighted between one and ten pounds.
Bear in mind what type of exercise you will be performing while wearing weights. Then choose your arm sleeves accordingly.
Quality and durability are desirable characteristics in any product. But what are good indicators of quality and durability in a weighted arm sleeve?
Look to the material the sleeves are made of. Moisture wicking and breathable fabrics are best, given what you will be using them for.
Design also plays a part in comfort and functionality. Some weighted sleeves come with additional padding. Other arm sleeves are more streamlined so they can be worn under clothing.
Some arm sleeves are prone to ripping at the seams due to improperly secured weights. Buying a brand with a built-in warranty is a good bet against this.
The best weighted arm sleeves are adaptable in several areas. They may be adjusted to fit your arm. Some may even convert from arm sleeves to fit your legs or ankles instead.
Rather than one size fits all, with an adjustable fit, they’re likely to fit more comfortably. You’ll be able to focus on your workout without worrying about weighted arm sleeves that are too tight or too loose.
Some weighted arm sleeves also allow you to change the weight load. That way you can switch the weight load up to fit your current use. When you switch from a light to a vigorous exercise routine, you can switch your weight load as well.
You can also increase the weights as you build up endurance. Rather than buy new weighted arm sleeves, you can simply add more weight to the sleeve you already have.
Comparing The Best Weighted Arm Sleeves
|Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights|
|TheraBand Ankle Weights|
|Da Vinci Adjustable Ankle or Wrist Weights|
|Valeo Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights|
|Zensufu Ankle or Wrist Weights|
1. Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights – Best OverallIf you are looking for a renowned product by a popular brand, the Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights will be a great choice. One of the desirable aspects of these weights is that they are very versatile. In this regard, you can use them on your hand, wrist, ankle or even the leg. This being the case, the product may be used for several workouts to exercise various body parts.
Again, you will also love the fact that these weighted arm sleeves are sold as a pair. Once you have ordered your product, you will get a pair of ergonomic, versatile and durable sleeves. Additionally, you will get a carrying case, which many users find convenient. This makes it easier for you to store or transport your weighted sleeves whenever you are not using them.
Now to the important aspect of any weighted clothing item—the weight. Each of the Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist sleeves weighs 3 pounds. The weight on these products is secured properly on the sleeves. With regards to flexibility, you can easily adjust the circumference of each of the sleeves, up to 14 inches. As such, the product is known to offer a customizable fit. Finally, the product is backed by a 1-year warranty by the manufacturer.
2. TheraBand Ankle Weights – The Best Weighted arm Sleeves for Physical TherapyWith regards to versatility, very few options can beat the TheraBand Comfortable Fit Ankle/Wrist Weight Sets. In this case, the weights may be used for workouts by athletes as well as for physical therapy.
Additionally, the product may also be used by occupational therapy and chiropractics. Many users today love these sleeves because they are easy to secure around the ankle or wrist. Again, these weights will not restrict your movements during workouts.
While they are great workout tools for training and toning muscles, these arm sleeves may be used to aid with post-surgery recovery. A customizable fit is another aspect you will definitely love a=bout these weights. The sleeves feature an adjustable buckle closure. As such, they may be adjusted to offer a comfortable fit for various wrist and ankle sizes. For enhanced comfort, the inside of these sleeves features a soft cloth liner.
You will also find these TheraBand arm sleeves very portable. In this regard, they feature a compact design. This makes them easier to store and carry around.
3. Da Vinci Adjustable Ankle or Wrist Weights – The Best Fixed Weight Weighted Arm SleevesFor those looking for weighted arm sleeves by a popular brand, here is another magnificent choice. Like most of the leading weighted sleeves today, these Ankle and Wrist Weights offer a customizable fit. In this regard, the product features a Velcro tightening band. The exterior of these sleeves is made of a soft cloth that stretches while you are adjusting the band. This being the case, the product is guaranteed to offer you a comfortable snug fit.
Additionally, the material used to line the interior of this product is capable of wicking away excess moisture and sweat. This keeps the sleeves dry and comfortable to wear while you are working out. These weights have been proven to be effective when used for strength and balance training. Additionally, they may also be used by occupational therapists, chiropractors, physical therapists, athletic coaches and personal trainers for their clients or patients.
4. Valeo Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights – The Best Weight-Adjustable Weighted Arm SleevesWhat if you had ankle weights that you could use as wrist weights? This would be convenient, don’t you think? Well, the Valeo Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights will offer you just that. As such, the product is suitable for an array of workouts. Being some of the best weighted arm sleeves in the market today, they feature a compact and appealing design. These sleeves are relatively short and designed to fit like cuffs.
The sleeves are sold in pairs, and the weight on each of the sleeves may be altered to meet your workout goals. As such, you can add the weight of each sleeve from 2 to 10 pounds. The adjustable sandbags are designed to fit snugly in their compartment within the sleeves and will not move while you are working out.
5. Zensufu Ankle or Wrist Weights – The Best Affordable Weighted Arm SleevesIf you are looking for affordability or just weighted arm sleeves that are comparatively lightweight, the Zensufu Ankle/Wrist Weights will be a great choice. The sleeves are sold in pair, with each of the sleeves weighing a pound. Just like the other products reviewed in this guide, these arm sleeves are also adjustable. In this regard, they are equipped with adjustable Velcro straps.
The product is delivered along with a black pouch carrying case. This makes it easier to store or carry the weights along with you. For enhanced comfort, the weights are extensively padded. Being a lightweight option, this product is a great choice for beginners.
What Weight Should I Go for with Arm Sleeves?
Weighted arm sleeves come in different weights. You don’t want to overstrain your muscles by using weights that are too heavy. It’s probably best to start small and work up, rather than using heavy weights from the beginning.
Pairing the right weight with the right workout is also critical. If you have a prior injury, consider talking to a medical professional. The advice of a doctor, therapist, or trainer can help you avoid misusing your weights.
They can also give you tips to help you maximize the benefits of performing activities with weighted arm sleeves.
Where to Buy Weighted Arm Sleeves?
It’s not hard to find weighted arm sleeves. Many mainstream stores carry them, as do more specialized stores. You can find them through major online retailers or more niche stores.
Weighted arm sleeves are used by athletes as part of their fitness training. They are used by regular people as part of their exercise routines. And they are used by medical professionals to treat people with injuries and other medical conditions.
Because of their varied uses, they can be found in your local sport store or the fitness section of your local department store. You can also find them in medical equipment stores.
Things You Must Know Before Choosing Weighted Arm Sleeves
Now that you are looking for the best weighted arm sleeve, you must be aware of its importance in your workouts.
These items are designed to enhance the agility and strength of your arms. These sleeves are designed to strengthen the decelerator as well as accelerator muscles in your arms unconsciously.
For instance, you will find it more difficult to swing and throw a bat when wearing weighted arm sleeves for baseball. This increased resistance will help you arm muscles more successfully.
Let’s take a look at the factors to consider before buying:
1. Sleeve Material
What is your weighted arm sleeve made of? Basically, there are several materials that are being used to make these products today. As such, you need to know which materials to go for and the ones to avoid while shopping for the best weighted sleeves.
This consideration is particularly important for users with sensitive skin. In this regard, there are materials that may end up irritating your skin when you wear the sleeves. In this regard, here are some of the things you need to pay attention to:
- Skin Sensitivity
This being the case, you need to ensure that you have chosen the right materials for your weighted sleeves. If you happen to have sensitive skin, it is advisable to buy the sleeves made of anti-bacterial materials. By preventing the growth of bacteria on your skin, such materials will prevent the development of skin rashes on your arms.
- Breathable Materials
If you will be wearing your sleeves for extended periods, you should opt for the ones made of breathable materials. This will keep your body cool throughout the period you will be wearing the sleeves. You will also find breathable materials more comfortable to wear for long hours.
How does the material feel against your skin? It is advisable to buy the arm sleeves made of smooth materials. Additionally, opt for a material that is capable of wicking away excess moisture and sweat. This makes the weighted arm sleeves more comfortable to wear on warmer days.
Finally, you do not want to buy materials that are prone to wear and tear. You want to own weighted arm sleeves that will last for a long period, right? Therefore, you should only buy the sleeves that are made of durable materials.
2. Fit and Comfort
The right choice of weighted arm sleeves should offer a snug fit; you should avoid sleeves that are too tight or too loose. Sleeves that are too tight may end up cutting off blood supply to your arm or lead to injuries.
Again, a product that is too loose will limit your movements and will affect your comfort as well. Rather than going for a fixed size, it is advisable to buy the sleeves that are adjustable. Such sleeves are the best because you can adjust them in accordance to your requirements.
If you are looking for workout equipment across all ages and bodies, consider buying the best air walkers as it helps you to perform low impact exercises. Air walkers can be used to tone and strengthen the upper and lower body and improve flexibility.
Ready To Buy The Best Weighted Arm Sleeves?
Weighted Arm Sleeves have many more applications beyond workouts and strength training. These products may be used for therapeutic as well as medical purposes, particularly in helping surgery patients recover.
As such, not all the available weighted sleeves will be ideal for each and every application. As you will learn in this guide, choosing the right product requires you to consider several aspects.
The weighted arm is particularly designed to improve the speed and strength of the arms, shoulders, chest, core, and back. It might not be used to burn fat. If you want to add an extra workout routine to burn fat. consider buying adjustable kettlebells.
With this guide, choosing the best weighted arm sleeves should be a walk in the park.