Unfortunately, it is off-limits to hold a traditional birthday party amidst this pandemic. But this is no time for birthday blues. You can still celebrate your day and make it super special! Buckle Up! We have gathered awesome ideas to hype up your special day.
Here is a list of ideas to celebrate your day in a non-conventional yet fun manner:
- Play a virtual Escape Room: To jazz up your day, we present you with the perfect virtual birthday party idea! An escape room adventure! Escape rooms are 60 minutes of real-time adventure games where the players are locked in a room, and they have to escape. The game revolves around a story, and concerning the story, the room is designed and equipped with puzzles and quizzes. The players need to decipher all the clues and puzzles and solve the mystery. If they can do that, they will be able to escape the room and win the game.
These games are usually played in a team. They are so very immersive and interactive which makes them ideal for a birthday party celebration. You can now virtually play these games from the comfort of your home. They can be played via zoom calls, WhatsApp, or Skype calls.
So, send a virtual invite to all your friends and play this adventure-filled game together.
- Spa day at home: A relaxing spa- day is never a bad idea, especially when you have nowhere to go. This year celebrate your day sitting at home and enjoying your own company. Pamper yourself and do your manicure, pedicure, and hair- care. You can also do your own facial and then put on a face-mask. If you have a significant other, then this day can prove to be a good bonding exercise as well. You can order all the stuff that you need before-hand from Amazon. All the stuff that is needed for this calming day is not very expensive and can be used later on as well.
What are you waiting for? This day can prove to be the calm in the chaos.
- Family game-day: Do you remember the time when we use to have a family game-night every Sunday? How about we bring that time back! A game-night can be a fun way to celebrate a birthday. You can play a game of monopoly, chess, or ludo with your family. These games usually last for 3-6 hours if you are playing it with a group of 4-6 people. After the board games, you can move on to play cards or Uno and then finish this perfect day off with some video games.
Now is the perfect time to take all those board games out off the back of your cupboards, dust them off and get ready to play all night with your family!
- Movie-marathon: A movie marathon is one of the best ways to celebrate your birthday night. If you are a movie-lover like us, then sitting on the couch, eating popcorn, and watching movies that we enjoy sounds like literal heaven to us. A movie marathon having movies of the genre that we love can be a fun way to spend our birthday night. You can watch a movie series or show series, whatever you like better.
If you are a movie-lover, here are some of the best movie series suggestions for you to watch with your family- the Lord of the Rings series, Harry Potter series, Movies from Marvel Cinematic Universe, Jurassic Park series, or Indiana Jones series. So, whatever is the genre you love, there are numerous options available.
You can also binge on a sitcom like Friends, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, Brooklyn 99, or any other of your choice.
- Cook a delicious dinner with your family for your family: Looking for a wholesome way to spend your birthday? Nothing can be better than cooking a meal for yourself and your family.
Cook something that you and your family love. Involve all your family members in the job, and while cooking you may also play games and sing songs.
Another amazing thing that you can do is bake a cake from scratch. You would relish the taste of the food even more because you made it yourself and you have put your hard work and love into it.
Don’t forget to click pictures so that whenever you miss this moment, you can always go back and relive this memory!
- Online Shopping spree: What can be better than giving a gift to yourself on your birthday? With all the brands going online and having online stores, you can now order all the stuff you love from your home. Because of Covid, the brands have started contact-less deliveries as well. Therefore, go ahead and order all the stuff you wanted and gift it to yourself on your birthday.
- Host a group video call: This is the most basic out of all the ideas, but we cannot deny how important this one is. You obviously will be missing your family and friends on your birthday. Although you cannot meet them physically but meeting them virtually doesn’t sound like a bad plan at all. So, host a zoom call and meet the people you love virtually.
These were a few ways you can celebrate your birthday in a completely non-conventional manner. We sincerely hope that you do not host big birthday parties or events and follow all the social distancing measures.
You can make a huge difference by celebrating your birthday from your home. After all, by doing so, you are just saving yourself and your family but also stopping the spread of this deadly pandemic.
We are sure that the ideas in this list can prove to be great ways to celebrate and you will make memories of a lifetime. And who knows you might end up appreciating this pandemic party more than a traditional one!