Like most of the devoted watch collectors around the world, you probably have a costly Rolex watch in your collection.
Being the status symbol that these products are known to be, you need to ensure that your Rolex watch is well maintained and kept safe during storage. That is why you need to invest in the best watch winder for Rolex.
Most of the high-end watches by Rolex are known to be self-winding. As such, these watches will automatically wind themselves as you move, provided that you are wearing them (Source).
If you do not wear that watch for a while, it will lose its power and eventually stop. With the right watch winder for Rolex watches, you will not have to worry about the watch going dormant during storage.
Additionally, you will also need to ensure that the watch is kept in good condition and is safe during storage. While there are numerous watch winders in the market that are designed to perform the same task, not all of them work for Rolex watches.
How Much Do Watch Winders for Rolex Cost?
Table of Contents
- 1 How Much Do Watch Winders for Rolex Cost?
- 2 Comparing The Best Watch Winders for Rolex
- 3 1. WOLF 270002 Heritage Single Watch Winder – Best Overall
- 4 2. JQUEEN Watch Winder – The Best Rolex Watch Winder for Silent Operation
- 5 3. Brookstone Single Watch Winder – The Best Watch Winder for Rolex Below $100
- 6 4. Belocia Watch Winder Ebony Wood W/LCD Display – The Best Winder for Automatic Watches
- 7 5. Orbita Sparta Bold Single Watch Winder – The Best Single Watch Winder for Rolex
- 8 Things you Need to Know Before Choosing a Watch Winder
- 9 Ready to Buy the Best Watch Winders for Rolex?
Watch winders for rolex range between $60-$350 in cost. If you are looking to buy a more compact, double watch winder you’re looking at the $60-$100 range. However, if you need to store more than 4-6 watches, you’ll need a larger box.
For example, this storage drawer offers storage for 4 watches, but also offers features like an LED backlight and LCD touchscreen control. Also, enjoy multiple settings for TPD rotation which offers bi-directional turning and multiple turns per day. At less than $300, it is well worth the investment for your luxury watches.
Comparing The Best Watch Winders for Rolex
|WOLF 270002 Heritage Single Watch Winder|
|JQUEEN Watch Winder|
|Brookstone Single Watch Winder|
|Belocia Watch Winder Ebony Wood W/LCD Display|
|Orbita Sparta Bold Single Watch Winder|
1. WOLF 270002 Heritage Single Watch Winder – Best OverallWolf is a renowned brand that designs some of the aesthetically appealing and functional wall winder units available these days. The manufacturer is one of the best British Luxury leather products companies. Over the years, WOLF has been known to produce some of the most beautiful watch winders and jewelry cases and boxes in the world. The WOLF 270002 Heritage Single Watch Winder is one such product by this reputable manufacturer.
Like the other renowned watch winders by this manufacturer, the 270002 Heritage features two rest cycles in between its winding cycles. This design feature is meant to ensure that enough tension is exerted on the main spring of your Rolex watch. Basically, all the winding and rest watch cycles by this product are designed to take approximately 6 hours.
After every 6-hour cycle, the unit will automatically go into an 18-hour sleep phase. To prevent your watch from swaying during the winding phase, you must ensure that you have fastened the straps securely. The winder applies gravitational force to rotate the rotor within your Rolex watch, hence winding it. As such, you need to ensure that the watch is properly positioned within the winder for it to work.
2. JQUEEN Watch Winder – The Best Rolex Watch Winder for Silent OperationThough relatively affordable, the JQUEEN watch winder is one of the most popular winders for Rolex watches today. In addition to its affordability, many users love this product for its silent operation, solid construction and appealing aesthetics. You will also love the fact that this unit is quite reliable; with a defect rate of about 0.1 percent.
To ensure silent operation, the manufacturer uses a Super-silent Japanese motor. The product also offers a great value for your money, featuring a superior design and uses quality materials. In this regard, the unit is mainly made of acrylic glass and features a piano lacquer protection and copper fittings.
You will also find this JQUEEN watch winder easy to operate. It offers three motor direction settings and several cycle modes.
3. Brookstone Single Watch Winder – The Best Watch Winder for Rolex Below $100If you are looking for an affordable, yet appealing and functional winder for your Rolex phone, you must consider buying the Brookstone Single Watch Winder. With regards to aesthetics, the unit is made of solid wood and features a simple styling along with an appealing black lacquer finish.
This unit is specifically designed to ensure that you do not have to wind or adjust your self-winding Rolex the next time you would like to wear it. In this regard, the winder uses an omnidirectional motor to ensure that your watch remains on time and accurate during storage. Many of its users love the fact that the winder is designed to prevent accidental over-winding of the precious watches it houses.
4. Belocia Watch Winder Ebony Wood W/LCD Display – The Best Winder for Automatic WatchesWouldn’t you rather have a more versatile, adjustable and easy to operate watch winder? Well, this Belocia product is a great choice. As they designed this product for winding automatic watches, it allows you to adjust the direction and turns per day you would like it to deliver. Thus, it offers up to five different turns per day settings.
This watch winder is unique in that it is fitted with a touch LCD display for easier operation. If you would like your self-winding Rolex phone to retain its accuracy and precision, you should consider investing in this product.
5. Orbita Sparta Bold Single Watch Winder – The Best Single Watch Winder for RolexOrbita, an American brand, is one of the leading purveyors of luxury watch winders in the market today. Like most of its other products, the Sparta Bold entry level Watch Winder is designed to give you a beautiful and reliable way of displaying your cherished watch. You will also like the fact that the product features a compact and lightweight design.
Rather than using a rotary motion to wind your watch, this winder is designed for syncing the watch once every 10 to 15 minutes. In order to simulate the swinging action of your wrist as you move, this product is fitted with a microprocessor. In its functioning, the microprocessor will activate a servo motor, which then sways the watch for several oscillations throughout the day.
You will also find the aesthetics of this winder to be very captivating. That’s because, the model is made of an aluminum frame and black matte side plates. It is then powder coated for enhanced appeal and durability.
Things you Need to Know Before Choosing a Watch Winder
Throughout the ages, men have been known to desire fancy, collectible and intricate objects, such as Rolex watches. For many people today, Rolex is a standard symbol for prestige and luxury.
Like anyone who owns it, you get sense of accomplishment and class with a Rolex in your possession. What few people know about such objects is that they require proper maintenance to retain their appeal as time goes by.
Thus, you are going to need a good watch winder for your Rolex watch(es). Normally, some of these products rely on your motion whenever they are worn to wind themselves.
Other models have a manual winding mechanism. Regardless of the case, the watch is bound to lose its power during storage and eventually stop. Investing in an automatic watch winder for your Rolex watch will ensure that it remains functional regardless of how long it is stored.
With so many automatic watch winders to choose from today, choosing the right winder for a Rolex watch can be a challenge. As you may be aware, not just any watch winder is suited for use with Rolex watches.
In order to buy the right winder, there are several aspects that you should consider. We discuss some of them below:
Watch winders are broadly categorized based on the number of watches they can accommodate. Rather than having to buy a separate winder for each watch you own, you should invest in the right watch winder type. Thus, winders may be grouped into the following categories:
- Single winders – meant for use with one watch
- Double winders – can accommodate a maximum of 2 watches
- Quad winders – meant to accommodate up to 4 watches
- Triple winders – winders that can accommodate a maximum of 3 watches
With the right winder type, you will be able to store and preserve all your precious watches in a single unit. However, there are other experts who would rather classify these products differently. Discussed below is another common classification criterion you should know:
With regards to design, elegant watch winders feature exquisite designs and a more appealing construction. Such products normally go beyond functionality. In most cases, elegant winders take the form of an enclosed box that is made of high-quality materials. As such, they are aesthetically appealing and meant for display on dressers or desks.
These are the most basic of watch winders you can buy today. Essentially, functional winders are primarily meant for winding watches. They feature a basic design and often hold the watch on the outside of the unit itself. As such, they are known to be relatively affordable.
If you are looking for high-end accessories for your precious Rolex watch, you should consider buying the best extravagant winders. As compared to the other winders discussed above, these products excel in functionality too. In addition to automatically winding the watch, these units are designed to keep the watch at the ideal temperature.
Some of the extravagant watch winders may have built-in drawers and automatic time display, among other high-end features. Based on the features a winder has, the price varies from one unit to another. In any case, they are the most expensive of the three winder types mentioned above.
In order to keep your watch properly synchronized, you are going to need a winder that is very precise. In this regard, you need to consider the winding sessions the product offers per day, commonly referred to as turns per day. Some of the best watch winders in the market are known to offer as many as 900 turns per day.
3. Removable Attachments for Space
In addition to the number of watches a winder can accommodate, you also need to worry about the size of the watches. If your watch is relatively larger, you need to ensure that your preferred watch winder is spacious enough to accommodate it. It is highly likely that you own watches of varying sizes. As such, the right winder should be able to accommodate watches of various sizes with additional mechanisms that are easy to remove and add.
4. PU Leather
Not only should your preferred product be good at winding a watch, but it should also be good at preserving it. In this regard, PU leather is an important feature to consider. That feature helps keep off static and magnetization energies from the watch. Such energies can otherwise impact negatively on watches.
Ready to Buy the Best Watch Winders for Rolex?
Most Rolex watches are designed to self-wind whenever you are moving. It is the swaying movement of your arm that initiates the process of winding in such products. Keeping such watches powered and on-time during storage is not easy. However, the right watch winder will make this easier for you. With the various considerations and reviews discussed in this guide, choosing the best watch winder for Rolex should now be easier.
Also read our reviews of the Greatest Under Seat Luggages on the market today.