To maintain the aesthetic appeal of your car, you need to clean it properly from time to time.
As dirt and dust gets embedded in the car seats, mats and carpet, you will need the best car detailing vacuum to get the job done. While this is the case, your household vacuum may not be suited for this task.
If you are shopping for the right vacuum for detailing your car, you need to consider such aspects as the type, power source, cord length, size, and weight as well as suction power of the product.
Basically, you will need a product that is specifically designed for this kind of work. Now that you know what to look for, here are reviews of five top rated vacuums you should consider buying today.
Best Car Detailing Vacuums 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Car Detailing Vacuums 2018
- 2 1. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner – Best Overall
- 3 2. BLACK+DECKER PAV1200W 12-Volt Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – The Best Hand-Held Auto Detailing Vacuum
- 4 3. DEWALT DCV581H 18/20-Volt MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum – The Best Commercial Vacuum for Car Detailing
- 5 4. Vacmaster 4 Gallon, 5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Floor Vacuum – The Most Affordable Auto Detailing Vacuum
- 6 5. VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage and Car Vacuum – The Best Corded Car Detailing Vacuum
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before You Buy a Car Detailing Vacuum
- 8 Our Final Review
|Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner|
|BLACK+DECKER PAV1200W 12-Volt Cyclonic-Action Automotive Pivoting-Nose Handheld Vacuum Cleaner|
|DEWALT DCV581H 18/20-Volt MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum|
|Vacmaster 4 Gallon, 5 Peak HP with 2-Stage Industrial Motor Wet/Dry Floor Vacuum|
|VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage and Car Vacuum|
1. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner – Best OverallThis vacuum is designed to offer you the perfect blend of powerful scrubbing action, suction and cleaning solution. No wonder the unit is rated as one of the best auto detailing vacuums for professional results. To help you achieve this, the product is packed with numerous performance and convenience features.
To begin with, the unit has been proven to be effective at cleaning a wide range of surfaces, including stairs, upholstery, car interiors, carpets, rags and mats. In this regard, the plug-in vacuum delivers a powerful suction to remove stains, dirt, spots and dust from your car.
The 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable by Bissell is equipped with a large capacity, 3/4 gallon tank. As such, you will be able to clean more without having to empty the tank. Although the product is a plug in model, it offers a decent range. This may be attributed to its long 22 ft power cord..
Finally, you will like the fact that the unit comes with several attachments and tools to clean various surfaces. Additionally, it features the patent professional-grade cleaning formula by the manufacturer. Its cleaning efficiency is further enhanced by its Scotchgard protection technology.
2. BLACK+DECKER PAV1200W 12-Volt Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – The Best Hand-Held Auto Detailing VacuumIf you are looking for a car detailing vacuum for your DIY cleaning projects, the heavy and more powerful commercial vacuums may not be the right choice. In such a case, you will need the bets handheld vacuum for car detailing. The Black 7 Decker Pav 1200 W Cyclonic Action cleaner is one of the best, in this regard.
For enhanced convenience and portability, the product comes with a 16-foot power cable that plugs into the 12-v outlet in your car. As such, you will find the model relatively powerful and portable. Weighing only 4.25 pounds, you will find the product relatively easier to handle. Additionally, it features a slim pivoting nozzle. This allows you to handle the unit at any angle; hence makes it easier to clean the hard-to-reach areas in your car.
3. DEWALT DCV581H 18/20-Volt MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum – The Best Commercial Vacuum for Car DetailingDo you own a car detailing shop? Then you will need a vacuum that is more powerful and versatile to suite an array of detailing applications. One such product is the DEWALT DCV581H 18/20-Volt MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum cleaner. With regards to versatility, this product may be used as a corded or a cordless vacuum.
When used as a cordless vacuum, it will require an 18 V or 20 V battery to run. The vacuum is equipped with a high-efficiency wet/dry HEPA filter. This filter boasts of an efficiency of 99.97 percent at one micron. You will also find the filter readily accessible, washable and reusable.
The product features an integrated -1/4″ diameter, heavy duty and crush resistant hose. This not only enhances the durability of the product, but also makes it more flexible. If you choose to buy this product, you will also get a nozzle too attachment and a crevice tool attachment.
4. Vacmaster 4 Gallon, 5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Floor Vacuum – The Most Affordable Auto Detailing VacuumIf you are working on a limited budget, you should consider buying an affordable vacuum that can actually handle the task. Though priced below $80, you will find this Vacmaster vacuum powerful and versatile to handle several detailing tasks effectively. The 5HP vacuum has been proven to deliver impeccable results when used for wet or dry vacuuming.
The product is equipped with a 2-stage powerful industrial motor. The motor makes this unit more durable, powerful and quiet in operation. The product may be one of the lightest car detailing vacuums in this guide, but is equipped with a large capacity 2-gallon tank.
5. VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage and Car Vacuum – The Best Corded Car Detailing VacuumAs is the case with any corded vacuum cleaner today, the length of the power cord is a key consideration. The VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage and Car Vacuum cleaner comes with an exceptionally long 50 ft. cord. Additionally, the wall-mounted vacuum delivers a reliable performance and is very powerful.
Owing to its powerful performance, the product is considered to be best suited for vehicles, garages, workshops, utility rooms and auto detailing shops. To withstand the conditions associated with such places, the vacuum features one of the strongest constructions in the industry today.
In this regard, the vacuum cleaner has a powder-coated galvannealed, corrosion-resistant housing. Despite its heavy weight, you will find the unit easy to mount. As a matter of fact, you will not need any plumbing to mount it.
Things You Need to Know Before You Buy a Car Detailing Vacuum
Just like a home would, a car is bound to accumulate dirt and dust as time goes by. As such, you will find vacuums important tools when cleaning and detailing your car.
Unfortunately, not all the available vacuum cleaners are suited for this task. Whether it is for a car detailing shop of your DIY detailing project, you will require the right car detailing vacuum for the best results.
As a beginner, this choice can be a thorn in your flesh. As such, it pays to know what you need to look for in the best auto detailing vacuum cleaner. Basically, the best product will depend on a couple of things.
In this regard, here are some of the considerations you should make while shopping for the right one:
1. Vacuum Type
Just as home vacuum cleaners are varied, car detailing vacuums are also different. This being the case, you first need to ascertain what you will be using the vacuum to do. For instance, will you be using the vacuum to pick up dust and debris only or you will also be shampooing some parts?
If the vacuum is entirely for picking dirt and debris, you should go for a model suited for dry vacuuming. However, there will be times when you need to shampoo certain parts. For enhanced versatility, it is advisable to go for a wet/dry vacuum. For wet vacuuming purposes, a blower will also come in handy for drying the wet areas.
2. Power Source
What powers your preferred vacuum cleaner? While you may have an array of power sources at your disposal, you need to go for the one that is best suited for the intended application. The various car vacuums available today may be grouped into 3 categories, based on their power source.
- Battery-powered – these are the vacuums that are powered by inbuilt batteries. In most cases, the batteries are rechargeable. Such models are very portable and do not have a limited range. However, the suction power in such models will fade away as the battery loses charge.
- Plug-in Vacuums – these may also be referred to as corded vacuums. Such products feature cords that plug to electrical outlets. The range of such vacuums will be limited by the cord length. However, these are some of the most powerful auto detailing vacuums you can buy today.
- Automobile powered – these ones are corded as well, but plug into the 12-volt outlet in your car. Though not as powerful as the plug-in models, these make up for enhanced portability.
3. Power and Performance
As you may be aware, car carpets and mats are tougher than household upholstery. Additionally, you need to get a model that is capable of picking up dirt from the car with ease. As such, the suction power offered by the vacuum is a key consideration. A stronger suction power makes it easier for the product to pick up dirt embedded in fabric.
The amperage rating of any auto detailing vacuum should give you an idea of how powerful its suction is. In this regard; the suction power increases with an increase in amperage. However, the more powerful units are often packed with bigger motors, hence require larger batteries.
Such requirements will definitely make the model bulkier and heavier to carry around. Therefore, you need to balance all such aspects for the best car detailing vacuum.
Different vacuums come with an assortment of removable attachments, depending on what they are meant to do. To get the best value for your money, you should go for a product that is really versatile. However, you should only stick with the vacuum tools and attachments that will make auto detailing easier for you.
Our Final Review
For professional quality car detailing, you will need the right tools and equipment. In this regard, you will need to invest in the right auto detailing vacuum cleaner. As you have learnt throughout this guide, the right unit will mainly depend on the intended application.
As such, you will have to get the right suction power, power source, weight, and vacuum type for the intended application. Regardless of your individual requirements, this guide will help you purchase the best vacuum for car detailing.