While you may not want to interfere with the natural instincts in your dog, consistent barking can be an annoyance. If not properly addressed, excessive barking will constantly disrupt you and affect your ability to focus on other things (Source).
To control this behavior, it is advisable to train your dog. The best ultrasonic dog repellers will come in handy, in this regard. However, choosing the right product is not so easy.
In order to buy the best ultrasonic anti-bark device, there are various considerations that you need to make. For instance, you need to buy the right device type in accordance with the intended application.
Additionally, you need to choose the right design, range, sensory, and sound levels as well as the battery life.
In this guide, we’ll detail ultrasonic pest repellers reviews and compare each model’s features and possible drawbacks.
What Is The Most Effective Dog Repellent?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is The Most Effective Dog Repellent?
- 2 Dog Ultrasonic Dog Repellers Really Work?
- 3 Comparing The Best Ultrasonic Dog Repellers
- 4 1. SportDOG Brand NoBark SBC-10R Collar – Best Overall
- 5 2. PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent – The Best Outdoor Ultrasonic dog Repeller
- 6 3. DOGTEK Sonic Bird House Bark Control – The Best Birdhouse Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- 7 4. Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent – The Best Hand Held Dog Repeller
- 8 5. Ortz Dog Whistle to Stop Barking – Best Affordable Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- 9 How to Use an Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- 10 Factors to Consider Before Buying
- 11 Do Ultrasonic Dog Repellers Hurt Dogs?
- 12 Buyer’s Guide
- 13 Ready To Buy The Best Ultrasonic Dog Repeller?
The most effective Dog Repellent is the SportDOG NoBark SBC-10R Collar. It has 10 levels of correction and 3 correcting modes, allowing the device to tailor its function to your dog’s temperament.
The SportDOG NoBark SBC-10R Collar is also waterproof and has long-lasting battery life.
Dog Ultrasonic Dog Repellers Really Work?
Ultrasonic Dog Repellers use high-frequency sound that is inaudible to humans but can be disturbing to dogs. By emitting this disturbing sound while dogs are exhibiting undesirable behavior like barking, they’ll learn to avoid this behavior for fear of punishment.
Comparing The Best Ultrasonic Dog Repellers
|SportDOG Brand NoBark SBC-10R Collar|
|PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent|
|DOGTEK Sonic Bird House Bark Control|
|Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent|
|Ortz Dog Whistle to Stop Barking|
1. SportDOG Brand NoBark SBC-10R Collar – Best Overall
With this device, you will be able to control the level of bark control you would like to impose on your pet. In this regard, the bark control device features 10 stimulation levels and 3 training modes.
Depending on your preferences and your dog’s response, you can decide to use the Progressive Correction, Temperament Learning or the User-Selected mode of the device.
The rechargeable collar device has been proven to offer fair and consistent correction for all dogs using sound and vibration.
In addition to an accurate bark sensor, the unit is equipped with the right technology to offer some of the best static stimulation in the industry.
- Has a built in safety feature
- Uses both ultrasound and vibration technologies
- Offers 3 correctional modes
- Equipped with a rechargeable battery
- Offers 10 static stimulation levels
- Features innovative bark technology
- Offers an extended battery life, up to 6 months
- Uses a rechargeable battery
2. PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent – The Best Outdoor Ultrasonic dog Repeller
With the PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasound Bark Deterrent, you can easily train your dog, provided that is within 50 feet from the device. This product is equipped with a sensitive microphone will pick up the barking sound and activate the device, so long as the dog is within range.
The ultrasound waves produced by this product can be detected by dogs, but cannot be perceived by human ears. This high-frequency sound will startle the dog without causing noise pollution.
For enhanced flexibility, the product offers 3 range levels. This setting allows you to choose the range within which the unit can pick up barking sound, between 15 and 50 feet.
- Features 3 range levels
- Uses safe ultrasound technology
- Offers a maximum range of 50 feet
- May be used to train multiple dogs
- Relatively durable construction
- Discourages excessive barking
- Can control barking in neighbor’s dog
- Can be used on dogs of all sizes
- Comes with a No Bark guarantee by the manufacturer
- Only compatible with a 9 V battery, which may be hard to track
3. DOGTEK Sonic Bird House Bark Control – The Best Birdhouse Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
You can stop this without anyone knowing that you have a dog repeller. Get yourself the DOGTEK Sonic Bird House Bark Control.
In this regard, the product is designed to resemble a conventional bird house. However, it uses high-pitched ultrasonic sound technology that will control unwanted barking in all dogs within a range of 50 feet.
The model is also very flexible, featuring 4 sensitivity levels. The effectiveness of this product may be attributed to its 3 sensors that are sure to detect any baking within range.
- Effective within a range of 50 feet
- Sturdy and compact design
- Durable and weatherproof
- May be used indoor or outdoor
- The sensitivity may be adjusted
- Not efficient on batteries
4. Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent – The Best Hand Held Dog Repeller
The product is designed to produce high-frequency ultrasound waves that are not audible to human ears, but are very effective at controlling barking in almost all dogs. Being a handheld product, you will find this unit compact and relatively lightweight.
As such, you can easily carry it with your wherever you go and stop any approaching dogs that may be unfriendly to you. If you happen to fear dogs, you will find this product very beneficial.
In this regard, the repeller allows you to discourage unfriendly dogs from approaching you from as far as twenty feet away. In addition to dogs, you may also use this product on cats. Really versatile, don’t you think?
- Relatively lightweight
- Durable and compact construction
- May be used on dogs and cats
- Features a low battery indicator
- Relatively affordable
- Very portable
- Offers a range of up to 20 feet
- May not work on larger dogs
5. Ortz Dog Whistle to Stop Barking – Best Affordable Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
Over the years, this product has been proven to give positive training results in a short period. Once you have this product, you are supposed to blow it whenever you notice your dog something bad.
As such, it may be used to correct many other bad habits in dogs, in addition to excessive barking.
- Versatile in application
- Offers multiple, adjustable frequencies
- Easy to teach a dog new commands and actions
- Comes with a landard strap
- Comparatively easy to use
- Lightweight and portable
- Relatively affordable
- Comes with an exclusive manufacturer guarantee
- May not work on some dogs
How to Use an Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
To use an ultrasonic dog repeller, simply turn on the device and set the dial to the bark distance you wish to pick up on. Leave the device in your desired area. When the dog barks, the device will pick it up and its speaker will emit an ultrasonic sound to try and calm them down.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
Dog repeller devices come with a variety of features. But, choosing the right one for your needs is essential. Here are some things to consider when buying an ultrasonic dog repeller:
- Frequency Levels – A decent ultrasonic dog bark deterrent gadget will have various levels of frequency for specific dogs, as all might not be able to stimulate the same frequency setting.
- Safety – Ultrasonic devices should also need to have a frequency range that is safe for dogs. You want to deter away from the dogs, not injure their hearing capabilities.
- Range – Such repellers also need to have an impressive range to ensure that you repel dogs from a safe distance.
- Flexibility – Repellers should also be usable for training multiple dogs.
- Waterproof – You might need to use it with water around you. So, it needs to be waterproof.
- Guarantee – Ultrasonic dog repellers should also be chosen based on the manufacturer’s warranty on the product.
Do Ultrasonic Dog Repellers Hurt Dogs?
Dogs have a sensitive hearing ability to ultrasonic sounds. That is why they are going to respond to such sounds instantly. Their emotional or physical behavior towards ultrasonic dog repellers and similar devices can vary.
Some dogs might feel agitated or irritated. Some dogs might even move away from the sound as it causes them discomfort. Additionally, high-frequency ultrasonic sounds may event hurt the eardrums of a dog.
This mostly happens if the device is triggered at a very close distance from a dog, which might cause it to run away instantly. That is undoubtedly an advantage if you are using an ultrasonic dog repelling device to scare off stray dogs.
But, it can also be irritating for your pet dog. So, you will need to be careful while using it. Nonetheless, most ultrasonic dog repellers are created within a frequency setting that does not hurt dogs to that extent. It just irritates them, so they try to move away from the sound.
Ultrasonic sound is a type of sound wave that is beyond the human hearing frequency, which is more than 20,000 Hz. So, how can this technology be of use when used to control barking in dogs?
As opposed to human beings, dogs are known to perceive sound waves of higher frequencies, up to 45,000 Hz. As such, the bets ultrasonic doge repeller devices today will be perceived by the dogs, and not cause noise pollution in your environment.
Is your dog barking too often than it should, or is just disturbing your sleep barking unnecessarily at night? Get yourself one of the best ultrasonic repellers and this will be a thing of the past.
However, you still need to choose the best unit form the hundreds of devices available in the market today. To do this more effectively, there are certain aspects that you need to consider; some of which are discussed below.
1. Type of Ultrasonic Anti-Bark Device
While all the available repeller devices are meant to accomplish the same task, you must have realized that not all are designed the same way. Based on the intended application, it is advisable to choose the device that is better suited.
For instance, do you want to use the device indoors or outdoors? Is the problem with your dog or a neighbor’s dog? In this regard, here are some of the device types you should consider:
- Outdoor/Birdhouse Dog Repellers
With regards to design, these are meant to be very d stealth. As the name suggests, most of such units are designed to look like birdhouses. Such models are specifically useful when the problem is with a neighbor’s dog. You would like to prevent your neighbor’s dog from barking without him or her realizing what you are doing, right?
This is the right way to go. As a result, most of such ultrasonic dog repellers are designed for use outdoors. For outdoor applications, you should also go for the devices that are weatherproof.
- Ultrasonic Dog Collars
These will come in handy when you are trying to train your own dog. Some of the leading ultrasonic dog collars come with additional correctional capabilities, such as vibration and shock. While this is the case, it is advisable to steer clear of dog collars that use shock as the correctional stimuli. If this is your preferred type of device, you should go for the collars that are purely ultrasonic.
- Handheld Ultrasonic Dog Repellers
These are considered to be some of the most versatile dog repeller units today. in this regard, you may use such devices to train your dog, regulate barking in your neighbor’s dog or just for self-protection.
Since such models are meant to be held by hands, you should look for a product that is lightweight and features a compact design. Such aspects will ensure that your preferred repeller device is easier to carry around.
If you have been window shopping, you must have realized that most of these devices are not aesthetically appealing. For indoor applications, you need to go for a unit that will complement your indoor décor.
Currently, there are a myriad of design options to choose from for these devices, including torch-like, pebble-shaped to the keychain shaped ultrasonic dog repellers.
Again, you also need to ensure that you have enough space for your preferred device. If you do not have enough space on the floor or countertops, you should go for a model that is meant to be hung on the wall.
If you would like to silence your neighbor’s dog, you should for an outdoor model that is inconspicuous.
3. Sensory and Sound Levels
The range of these devices mostly depends on their sound and sensory levels. Most of the leading brands today have 3 sound levels and 3 sensory levels on their devices. With such a unit, you will be able to customize the sensory area covered by the device in feet as well as the intensity of the ultrasound produced by the device.
Most dog owners prefer the adjustable models to the ones that offer a fixed level of sound and sensitivity.
4. Battery Level and Range
Ultrasonic dog repellers run on batteries. As such, it is advisable to go for models that use a rechargeable battery and offers an extended battery life. Most of the best devices, in this regard, have batteries that can last between 3 and 6 months. Some models are equipped with LED indicators to tell you the battery status.
With regards to the range, most units have a sensory range of between 15 and 150 feet. The choice of the right range will be influenced by how you intend to use the device. If you want it to cover a larger area, you should go for an extended range.
Ready To Buy The Best Ultrasonic Dog Repeller?
Whether it is your dog or your neighbor’s, one thing is for sure; excessive barking can be very disturbing and even annoying. Nowadays, it is relatively easier to train your not to bark unnecessarily.
This may be done at home with the right training tools like an ultrasonic dog bark deterrent. One of the best tools, in this regard, is an ultrasound dog repeller. However, you need to know that choosing the right repeller device may not be easy.
Based on the intended application, you need to choose a device of the right range, type and one that offers the flexibility you desire. Regardless of your personal preferences, this guide will make your choice of the best ultrasonic dog repeller easier.
Leave a Reply