Traveling with cigars may not be as straightforward as you may think.
If you plan to travel around with cigars, you will need a humidor to keep them fresh. Without storing your cigars in appropriate humid conditions, they will start to lose their favor and begin drying up.
Travel humidors are perfect for weekend getaways and lengthier business trips. They have set humidity and typically used to store cigarettes, tobacco and cigars.
Cigar aficionados often rely on cigar humidors to preserve the flavor, taste and aroma of your cigars.
However, telling a well-designed humidor from a poorly designed one may prove tough. You will need to buy a quality humidor to keep your cigars in a safe haven (Source).
A humidor should not only keep your office desk look great but should also be equipped to make your journey interesting. Below are some of the top rated travel humidors on the market.
Best Cigar Humidors 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Cigar Humidors 2018
- 2 1. Cigar Caddy 3240 Travel Cigar Humidor – Best Overall Travel Humidor
- 3 2. Xikar Cigar Travel Humidor – Best Travel Humidor for Tough Outdoor Activities
- 4 3. The Novelist Leather Travel Cigar Humidor – Best Travel Humidor with Class
- 5 4. Amancy Cedar Wood Portable Travel Cigar Humidor – Best Portable Travel Humidor
- 6 5. Guardsman Travel Black Cigar Humidor – Best High-Quality Travel Humidor
- 7 Things to Consider Before Buying a Travel Humidor
- 8 Final Thoughts
|Product Name||Top Features|
|Cigar Caddy 3240 Travel Cigar Humidor||Can hold up to 10 cigars|
Waterproof up to 100 feet with airtight seal
|Xikar Cigar Travel Humidor||Super strong ABS construction|
Molded lock ring for extra security
|The Novelist Leather Travel Cigar Humidor||Classy|
Removable cigar tray
|Amancy Cedar Wood Portable Travel Cigar Humidor||Elegant, modern design|
Leather outside with cedar wood inside
|Guardsman Travel Black Cigar Humidor||Included humidifier disc|
Great, sturdy and effective
1. Cigar Caddy 3240 Travel Cigar Humidor – Best Overall Travel HumidorThe Cigar Caddy 3240 Travel Cigar Humidor is a perfect humidor for outdoorsmen and avid travelers who don’t want to sacrifice their cigars during their expeditions. It is a conveniently compact model that is built to be virtually impenetrable, thanks to its ABS molded plastic make.
This cigar humidor comes with an airtight seal that makes the humidor float on water as well as remains unaffected by water when drawn down to hundred feet. The humidor’s cushioned interior features a humidification disc that can hold up to 10 cigars in a smoke ready condition.
Designed to protect your cigars, the Cigar Caddy 3240 Travel Cigar Humidor comes with two separate detachable foam pads that protect them from abrupt exposure to tough environmental forces. Each of the foam pads can hold up to 5 cigars every time. The pads make the cigars stay in place regardless of the terrain’s roughness. You can also expand the interior space by removing them when you want.
The humidor also has a lanyard that further adds to the device’s versatility. Home and out in the wild, the Cigar Caddy 3240 Travel Cigar Humidor is there to get your cigar covered, maintaining its aroma and taste.
2. Xikar Cigar Travel Humidor – Best Travel Humidor for Tough Outdoor ActivitiesDo you plan on going to fish? Mountaineering? Are you worried that your pricey smokes might be withered with by the harshness of Mother Nature? Well, worry no more as the Xikar Cigar Travel Humidor is there to save you. These cigar humidors have been made to keep your outdoor concerns away, enabling you to focus solely on outdoor pursuits.
Like other high-end humidors, this product is water resistant and airtight ascertaining durability. It is made from a tenacious ABS molded plastic that makes them crushproof as well.
Xikar Cigar Travel Humidor is available in a myriad of sizes. They range from small sizes that hold a maximum of 5 cigars to large sizes that can hold up to 80 sticks. Our model, the Xikar Cigar Travel Humidor is a 15-stick cigar-holding humidor.
This line of humidors is considered the best travel humidors due to its security system. So to say, the system features an advanced security system comprising of a sturdy and long lasting latches and hinges. You can also take advantage of the built-in molded lock to keep your precious cigars out of reach for other people.
3. The Novelist Leather Travel Cigar Humidor – Best Travel Humidor with ClassIf you are in the market for a travel humidor that goes beyond the functionality, try the Novelist Leather Travel Cigar Humidor. It is a classy travel humidor to carry your cigars in. The humidor features a deluxe leather book jacket, perhaps a better alternative the myriad of plastic options available on the market.
The Novelist Leather Travel Cigar Humidor comes with all the features to keep your cigars fresh with initial aromas. It is perfected with the inclusion of a hygrometer and humidifier that keeps you posted on the humidity level of the humidor.
The other nifty inclusion is the guillotine cigar cutter that is firmly positioned and held in place by recessed magnets. The inside portion is lined with removable discs that can hold up to 5 clouds of smoke. Removing the discs provide space for 5 additional cigars.
4. Amancy Cedar Wood Portable Travel Cigar Humidor – Best Portable Travel HumidorSince the introduction of the first humidor in the market, Amancy is increasingly becoming a popular brand of the humidor for cigar lovers. The Amancy Cedar Wood Portable Travel Cigar Humidor features a compact and sleek design, perhaps making it perfect for cigar lovers on the go due to its portability.
This product is one of the continuations of Amancy line of elegant humidors that feature excellent leather interior complemented by the cedar-lined interior. This provides an assurance that your cigar remains fresh and in humid conditions, ignoring the adversity of external conditions.
As highlighted, this product takes pride in its timeless design and stubborn, tough build. Despite the fact that polysynthetic leather skin may not recreate the exact convenience of the original leather, this design poses an eye-catching demeanor. It also provides excellent protection from normal spills and bruises.
Like other high-end products, the Amancy Cedar Wood Portable Travel Cigar Humidor comes with a hygrometer that is placed on the top of the lid. This provides for effortless observation of humidity levels without the hassle of having to open the lid.
To finish it off, the humidor’s interior makes features a cedar-insulated wall that can easily stock up to 5 standard cigars.
5. Guardsman Travel Black Cigar Humidor – Best High-Quality Travel HumidorConstructed with reinforced high-quality ABS plastic, the Guardsman Travel Black Cigar Humidor comes with a vintage ammunition case design, probably the reason behind its name, Guardsman. This design not only makes the humidor durable but also adds some extra appeal if you have a genuine interest in gun culture.
Safety of your cigars is perhaps everyone’s priority. To ascertain this, the Guardsman Travel Black Cigar Humidor features a stainless steel hinge that not only fosters portability but provides extra security.
The silicone seal on the lid also provides air and watertight storage for cigars ranging from 10 to 15 cigars. You can also lock down the humidor’s lid to ensure that the cigars remain safe when expediting on rocky and overly uneven terrains.
You can also easily access the humidifier disc and regulate the levels to maintain your desired level of humidity and moisture every time.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Travel Humidor
Cigar humidors certainly play an important role for travel enthusiasts. However, choosing a poor quality product is nothing different from not having one. Well, to find a good quality product, you need to consider the following factors.
Travel Humidor Size
The size of the travel humidor matters a lot when it comes to choosing a perfect humidor for your traveling needs. You should ensure that the humidor you are looking to buy comes with ample space for storing the number of cigars you want to carry along.
As mentioned in our review, cigar humidors come in varying sizes and shapes. Whereas some are big with giant rooms, others are compact enough to carry around in your pocket.
Roomy humidors are ideal for cigar collectors and distributors who need to keep thousands of dozens of cigars for a given period. If you are looking for a personalized version, consider portable version.
Small humidors will require that you stuff your cigars within them. This may compromise the flavor of the cigars as the humidor won’t be able to allow for ambient air supply to facilitate the cigar’s aging process.
On the other hand, large humidors may lead to “humidity overdose.” Humidity is certainly good for preserving cigars. However, exposure to a certain amount of moisture may dampen the cigars. Damp cigars may lead to uneven burn; a phenomenon called tunneling.
Therefore, you’ll need to pick the right size to store the exact number of cigars you intend to store.
Since you are looking for a travel humidor, portability should be a crucial factor to keep in mind when shopping for humidors. Travel humidors are a must have for frequent travelers and cigar enthusiasts. The best travel humidor should be smaller and lighter to easily fit your backpack or pocket when on your roadside adventures.
You should always keep a balance between the product’s size and portability. Don’t compromise the size at the expense of portability. For small sized products, ensure that the materials should be lighter and stable enough.
The Humidor’s Seal
Perhaps what maintains the humidity of your humidor is a seal. If the seal is flawed, you won’t be able to retain the target humidity level, which is ideally between 65% – 70%. A perfect travel cigar case should feature an airtight sealing system that retains an exact humid condition to sustain the cigar’s ingenuity.
Most high-end travel humidors are made of Spanish cedar. These are premium wood different from cedar used in making closet linings and souvenir. Spanish cedar offers outstanding insulation and charming aroma.
This wood is also known for its enhanced durability as it expands and contracts over time preventing possible cracking. However, this might be a slightly expensive option. If you find it out of your range, consider other options such as mahogany, maple, oak and cherry wood humidors.
There are several accessories that come with travel humidors. For instance, a thermometer and hygrometer are commonly used accessories with cigar humidors. Thermometers come in handy in measuring temperatures while a hygrometer measures the humidor’s humidity level.
Some models have built-in accessories while others require that you buy them separately. Prioritize travel humidors that have built-in thermometers and hygrometers in their design. This allows you to monitor temperature and humidity levels easily, ensuring that your cigars are in perfect condition.
Travel humidors are essential cigar accessories that keep your Smokey fresh all around. They are a must have item if you need to maintain the genuine flavor of your cigars. By creating humid conditions, they keep your cigars and smokes ready all the time.
If you are always on the go and can’t resist the urge for a nice smoke, consider one of the above-mentioned travel humidors to carry along. Even if you are not such a traveling enthusiast, having a humidor proves quite useful as it maintains your cigars in top-notch condition.
As many cigar fans may argue, just like wine, cigar gets better with time. To achieve this, a proper humidor is a must-have to retain its magical ingenuity. All the products outlined above in our review should be among your considerable options.
That said, from our list, which one is your favorite? Share with us in the comments section below.