Toothbrush sanitizers help keep our toothbrushes germ-free so you limit your exposure to harmful bacteria.
We know we need to take care of our teeth, but we often don’t pay a lot of attention to our toothbrushes.
It may seem like a small thing, but toothbrushes can be a breeding ground for germs (Source) including E. coli and staphylococci (staph).
Toothbrush sanitizers help fight bacteria using ultraviolet light that kills most of the germs. All you need to do is remember to put your toothbrush into the sanitizer after you’ve used it.
There are different types of toothbrush sanitizers — some designed for the counter in your bathroom, some designed for multiple toothbrushes, and others designed so you can take them with you when you travel.
Here are five top-rated toothbrush sanitizers.
Best Toothbrush Sanitizers 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Toothbrush Sanitizers 2019
- 2 1. Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer – Best Overall
- 3 2. EJiasu Travel Toothbrush sanitizer – Best Travel Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 4 3. Linsam UV Toothbrush Holder – For the Whole Family
- 5 4. Seasky Deep UV Toothbrush Sanitizer – Best Budget Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 6 5. Violife Zapi Luxe UV – Best Toothbrush Sanitizer for Kids
- 7 Things to Consider While Buying a Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 8 FAQs About Toothbrush Sanitizers
- 9 Our Final Take
|Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer|
|EJiasu Travel Toothbrush sanitizer|
|Linsam UV Toothbrush Holder|
|Seasky Deep UV Toothbrush Sanitizer|
|Violife Zapi Luxe UV|
1. Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer – Best OverallPhillips has been making amazing electronic products for a very long time, so we were really excited to test the Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer. Thankfully, it delivered on all fronts and became our number one pick for the best toothbrush sanitizers list.
This unit is capable of holding and cleaning two brush heads at a time. Hence, this is perfect for couples. Likewise, it can handle normal wear and tear with ease and looks sleek and sophisticated enough to fit in standard washrooms.
Additionally, it is also designed to be quickly used and comes with the latest technology. Philips claims that the Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer is capable of eliminating 99.9% germs on your toothbrush. This means you’ll be kept safe from cold and cough as well.
Alongside that, this sanitizer can accommodate almost every toothbrush head. Furthermore, it boasts an automatic “turn off” feature after 10 minutes and a reflector that can spread the light evenly for even greater performance.
Finally, all you have to do is press the button placed on the top of the unit to effortlessly sanitize your toothbrush.
2. EJiasu Travel Toothbrush sanitizer – Best Travel Toothbrush SanitizerThe eJiasu Travel Toothbrush Sanitizer is very affordable and available in two different colors. It is basically a compact jewel case that you can use to store any toothbrush, be it an electric one or a normal one.
Alongside that, it uses good quality anti-odor materials and is sturdily made, so you don’t have to worry about damaging it during your travels. It can also kill bacteria and prevent any kind of infectious diseases, cavities, and gum diseases.
There are ultraviolet light bulbs inside the case that do most of the heavy lifting, which are extremely efficient and won’t need any replacement for a very long time. In fact, the company says it will last you as long as the case remains intact.
Additionally, we like how the eJiasu Travel Toothbrush sanitizer automatically turns on when the toothbrush is placed inside. There are no buttons to turn it on.
3. Linsam UV Toothbrush Holder – For the Whole FamilyIf you have a bigger family, then getting separate toothbrush sanitizers for everyone doesn’t make much sense. Thankfully, you don’t have to invest in multiple toothbrush sanitizers: the FDA-approved Linsam UV Toothbrush Holder provides that for you.
It is especially great if you have kids at home because germs can be more harmful to them. It is made of sturdy materials and won’t break during usage, which makes it perfect for kids alongside adult family members.
We also like how there are separate holders; you can easily put five brushes in it. Consequently, the cleaning process starts as soon as you close the lid, so you don’t have to actually press any buttons. It can be mounted on a wall, too.
Therefore, if you have a big family, this sanitizer is the best option available. It is easy to use, made out of anti-bacterial materials, and works automatically so your kids don’t have to fiddle around with anything.
4. Seasky Deep UV Toothbrush Sanitizer – Best Budget Toothbrush SanitizerThe Seasky Deep UV Toothbrush Sanitizer is a portable sanitizer that you can take anywhere without much problem. It looks wonderfully sleek and stylish and allows you to sanitize your toothbrush with relative ease.
Notably, it is also small enough to be carried around in a purse or pocket without adding any bulk. So, if you are traveling and need a toothbrush sanitizer to go along, this is one of the best options available. On the other hand, it can easily be mounted on a wall in your bathroom as well.
It opens up to reveal a simple toothbrush holder. To use it, simply place the toothbrush inside and the whole process would only take around three minutes. The UV light will destroy the DNA structure found in bodies of bacteria.
Finally, we like how you can quickly charge the Seasky Deep UV Toothbrush Sanitizer via USB. The UV light can also work for 12,000 hours, which is more than enough for common users. In addition to that, this product comes at a very reasonable price.
5. Violife Zapi Luxe UV – Best Toothbrush Sanitizer for KidsThe Violife Zapi Luxe UV toothbrush sanitizer is specially made for kids. The product itself has a ninja design. Aside from that, it is also very easy to use.
All you need to do is insert your toothbrush into the unit and let it do its job. Ultraviolet light will sanitize the toothbrush in only six minutes. Additionally, it shuts down automatically when the sanitizing is completed.
Notably, this sanitizer can be used with any toothbrush, be it electric or manual. We also had no trouble using the smaller kid’s toothbrushes.
Alongside that, it is remarkably easy to clean with its removable drip tray. Likewise, you can simply wipe it from the inside as well. However, you’ll need three AA batteries to power the Violife Zapi Luxe UV.
Things to Consider While Buying a Toothbrush Sanitizer
There are not a lot of factors that you need to consider while purchasing a toothbrush sanitizer.
However, it is better to go in prepared to get the best product for your personal needs. Here are a few minor things you should keep in mind while shopping for a toothbrush sanitizer:
Some toothbrush sanitizers only sanitize one toothbrush at a time. If you are a single person, that is the perfect one for you. However, if you have multiple people in your household, you need to invest in a toothbrush sanitizer that can accommodate more brushes at the same time.
If you travel a lot, investing in a portable toothbrush sanitizer makes a lot of sense. However, if you simply need a toothbrush sanitizer at home, it makes financial sense to invest in a wall-mounted one.
Most toothbrush sanitizers come with a built-in battery or run on standard batteries. So, if you’re traveling, you may want to keep an eye on how long the sanitizer works before running out of juice. It’s not a big deal if you have one at home, but during travels, it is important to take note of this.
FAQs About Toothbrush Sanitizers
Q: How Do Toothbrush Sanitizers Work?
They project the ultraviolet light on the toothbrush. Ultraviolet light can produce various results that depend on the wavelength and the power of the light.
In this case, the electromagnetic waves generated by the ultraviolet light can affect the DNA of microorganisms. Viruses and bacteria die when they are exposed to ultraviolet waves. Thankfully, this type of radiation has absolutely no effect on humans.
Our Final Take
These are some of the best toothbrush sanitizers to stay healthy and germ-free. We hope that you found the perfect match for your needs on this list.
We included different types of toothbrush sanitizers so that there are a lot of options available for you to choose from because toothbrush sanitizers are almost essential in this day and age.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, feel free to talk to us in the comments. We always love to hear from you.