Destiny is a great game to play with your friends. Its combat is incredible, and it just never gets old. Not to mention, its creators Bungie Games, have done a great job in the past with popular titles like the Halo franchise.
However, the Destiny series is also well-known for its innovative and creative character designs. That’s why fans and players love dressing up as their favorite subclasses from this popular game. One of these subclasses is Destiny 2 Hunter, a lone wolf marksman in the series known for his focused ability to trap and kill his enemies.
To top it off, the sweet and appealing outfit this class wears has made it one of the most desired costumes by teens and adults. In this post, we will list the five best Destiny 2 Hunter class cosplays that you would love to buy online for your upcoming cosplay exhibition.
Furthermore, we will also go through some insights on Destiny 2 Hunter’s outfit buying guide, in-depth information on this iconic class, and other valuable information.
Comparing The Top 5 Picks
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparing The Top 5 Picks
- 2 DIY Destiny 2 Hunter Cosplay Tutorial
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 Brief History Of Destiny 2 Hunter Subclass
- 5 Various Colors And Styles
- 6 What Are All The Hunter Subclasses In Destiny 2?
- 7 Which Hunter Subclass Is The Best In Destiny 2?
- 8 What Are Some Popular Hunter Characters To Cosplay?
- 9 Ready To Buy Destiny 2 Hunter Cosplay Outfit
- Standard US Men size, Please refer to the Amazon Men's Apparel Sizing Chart
- Overall Length: 17.125", Blade Length: 12"
- Sizes run small, please buy up 2-3 size BIGGER than you usually wear or check the size chart in the product images
- Real looking banner
- 1). FOR YOU: Why would you choose this sweater? It must be a favorite of game Destiny cosplay hoodies,The pattern of your favorite anime character is...
DIY Destiny 2 Hunter Cosplay Tutorial
If you want to be more creative with designing your Destiny Hunter costume, you might want to check this awesome tutorial guide. This high-quality costume creation will require a 3D printer at your disposal to print the intricate parts, but it is worth creating.
For nailing that perfect Destiny 2 Hunter costume, you need to have a good source of information. Take a look at the factors to consider before buying a Hunter costume.
- Size – You need to choose an appropriate costume size so that it fits you completely. The right Hunter costume needs to fit appropriately around your head, arms, torso, and legs. After all, the perfect sized Hunter look will make you look badass.
- Material – Investing in quality material for your Hunter class Destiny 2 outfit will help your costume be more durable. Not to mention, it needs to have other features like resistance towards external factors such as dust, water, UV rays, and others.
- Design – A Destiny 2 Hunter has several subclasses and Non-Playable Character (NPC) designs, which you can choose for your cosplay routine. Thus, look for a costume that has an original design. That way, you can look at close to the game character as possible.
- Comfort – A costume needs to have a comfortable fit so that you can move freely in it. Destiny costume will require a lot of parts that need to fit comfortably over your body. So, make sure to see that the costume gives a comfy fit.
- Details – Destiny costumes are known for their intricate and appealing details. Thus, if you can find something that is detailed, it is worth an investment. Make sure to check for its quality as well before purchasing.
- Weight – If you choose a detailed Hunter class costume, then it would have a decent amount of weight on it. Moreover, the material of construction can also vary in weight. So, choose a costume that does not make it harder for you to walk around while wearing it.
- Accessories – Destiny characters also include various weapons and accessories. To look more detailed, choose a Hunter costume with props like guns, knives, bows, and other Destiny 2 game weapons.
- Advanced Features – If you are familiar with Destiny game characters, you might have seen their glowing eyes, movable parts, and other automated features. Find a costume that has inbuilt LED masks, and remote-controlled functions to resemble the in-game subclass characters.
- Cost – Finally, the price is equally important to consider before you invest in a Hunter Destiny 2 costume. The more detailed costume you look forward to buying, the higher the price will be. So, choose your budget accordingly.
Brief History Of Destiny 2 Hunter Subclass
In the world of Destiny, Hunters were considered to be survivors that traveled like nomads around the wilderness and wastelands creating their fate. By absorbing powers from the mysterious and powerful orb, known as the Traveler, Hunters gained superhuman abilities to survive.
Hunters have also been known to work as the risk-takers for their surveying skills around dangerous and hostile terrains by using their ingenious trademark skills. With time, Hunters had learned to work with other Guardians as part of a team. They learned that working as a team greatly improved their effectiveness when fighting the enemy.
The powers and skills they gained from the mystical energy gave them the capability of adapting themselves to any formidable situation with ease. Hunters are the creators of the path when it comes to aiding other Guardian classes as efficient scouts in the team.
Despite being team players, these characters have also been known for being dangerous and reckless for the entire team as they are used to working alone. However, since the Golden Age, their bravery has given birth to several discoveries in the game world of Destiny.
Various Colors And Styles
Hunters have several notable playable subclasses and NPCs to choose for cosplaying. Not to mention, these characters have an array of costumes with various colors and styles that you can choose. Let’s look at some of the most popular Destiny 2 Hunter costumes you can find online.
Cotton Hunter Costume
Destiny Hunter costumes made of cotton are some of the most basic ones you can find online. These are usually printed with the character’s costume design over the cotton fabric to give the necessary print. These are mostly suitable for kids who want to dress up for a costume party. You can find them in various measurements. Additionally, these are sown as a one-piece outfit, which makes it quite easy to wear.
Foam Hunter Costume
Some Destiny costumes for the Hunter subclass are made using soft foam, which is quite a cozy, stretchable, and durable material. These properties also make it great for designing beautiful and semi-detailed costumes available at affordable rates. You will also find foam-based Hunter costumes to be quite lightweight. Some are even modular, which means you can connect various foam parts to get the blocky look like a real Hunter costume.
Plastic Hunter Costumes
These costumes comprise of modular plastic parts created using ABS plastic for adding strength and durability to them. Furthermore, these are lightweight and comfortable to wear with a nylon one piece so that their edges do not poke in the skin and cause discomfort. Some cosplayers use plastic costumes to create quite detailed outfits.
3D-Printed Hunter Costume
If you do not have a 3D printer to DIY a Hunter outfit, you can choose from a wide selection of Destiny 2 outfits and accessories. The material of choice for these are usually polymers that can take up any shape to form the costume parts. These are the most detailed costumes that you will love to flaunt in front of other cosplayers. However, be ready to pay a hefty sum to get these as they are quite costly at times.
What Are All The Hunter Subclasses In Destiny 2?
Destiny 2 offers three Hunter subclasses. These are:
- Arcstrider – This hunter is a melee-combat specialist who uses a special staff powered with the Arc energy to take out its enemies with acrobatic moves. Its main techniques involve close-quarter combat, which is similar to Bladedancers, a hunter subclass introduced in Destiny 1 (Source).
- Gunslinger – As the name suggests, the Gunslinger subclass uses guns for ranged combats. His special abilities include a Golden Gun that uses solar-powered energy shots giving tremendous power. This hunter also uses certain passive abilities to take down the enemies during a fight.
- Nightstalker – These are hunters who use the Void damage type to annihilate their enemies. They support other Guardians in a team battle. Their power helps keep the enemies under various disadvantages so that the other guardians in the team can take the opponents out.
Which Hunter Subclass Is The Best In Destiny 2?
Gunslinger is considered to be the best subclass among Hunters for eliminating Guardians. Their highly precise and ranged combat skills make them great choices for dealing with all types of players. Whether PVE or PVP scenarios, Gunslingers are the way to go. You can use them for the Iron Banner and Crucible events without thinking twice, as they are excellent sharpshooters for FPS players. Not to mention, the Golden Gun ability that gives them the monstrous ability to kill their enemies with a single shot at times.
What Are Some Popular Hunter Characters To Cosplay?
You can find plenty of notable hunters to cosplay. Here are some of them:
- Anastasia Bray – Ana is a reputed hunter, known for her supporting role in the Destiny 2 Warmind expansion pack. Her iconic cloak and the deadly rifle can be a great way to support her beautiful outfit.
- Anahera-3 – This Exo is a popular hunter and a Guardian of the Last City in the Destiny Universe. Exos or Exominds are self-aware war machines designed by humans for guarding in the Golden Age.
- Andal Brask – Andal was a Hunter Vanguard, who is considered the best in class among the Guardians. This high-ranking Guardian carried a powerful long-range rifle to instill fear in his enemies. Andal Brask can be an excellent choice for cosplay.
- Cayde-6 – He was an awesome hunter known for his iconic Ace Of Spades, a powerful exotic hand cannon. Cayde-6 also took over the position as a Vanguard after losing to a bet by his close friend Andal Brask.
- Efrideet – When it comes to strength, Efrideet has very few equals. She is a respected Iron Lord and an excellent Hunter. You can find her as a vendor in Iron Banner in the Iron Temple.
- Eris Morn – Eris may have left his hunter position, but he still was a hunter. Now she serves as a vendor in the Tower offering gear and bounty work. Her dark and cosplay outfit, especially her bizarre blindfold, has been admired by many.
- Jaren Ward – Jaren was a high-ranking hunter from the Dark Age. Cosplaying his iconic costume with his beautiful exotic hand cannon, the Last Word, is a treat for the eye.
- Marcus Ren – Marcus is a hunter who gained legendary recognition due to his abilities shown in the Sparrow Racing League, a popular in-game event. He has a stunning costume that you can try.
- Shin Malphur – Shin is a mysterious hunter known to be the last owner of the exotic weapon, the Last Word. Shin can be an excellent choice for a Hunter cosplay.
- Shiro-4 – You cannot miss Shiro-4’s iconic yellow cloak. He is known as a scout for the Vanguard. You can find him employed as a vendor in the Iron Temple.
- Tevis Larsen – This legendary hunter was a Nightstalker and a friend of Cayde-6. His unique ability to call out the Void was quite helpful during battles.
Hunters in Destiny 2 have been known for the dark, concealed, and cowboy-like outfits with cloaks that make them quite popular choices for cosplaying. You can find plenty of outfits available at various sources like Etsy Destiny 2 Costumes.
Ready To Buy Destiny 2 Hunter Cosplay Outfit
Destiny 2 has so many characters to offer to its fans. Their detailed outfits with a multitude of exotic weapons and accessories can give you a lot of variety for costume exhibitions and parties. The best Destiny 2 Hunter cosplay outfit would be comfortable, durable, chemical resistant, water-resistant, and modular.
However, do prepare a budget before buying one so that you know the kind of costume in which you are investing. Also, make sure to choose the right size for your body type. Try for custom Destiny 2 Hunter costumes if you can, as they will be tailored to fit your body perfectly.
Consider our top five Destiny Hunter costumes to find the best one if you are still unsure about the one to choose. Which Hunter subclass do you prefer for your upcoming cosplay event? Let us know in the comments.