HDMI connectivity is a common feature with high-end Android tablets, Amazon Fire HD and Apple iPad Pro tablets.
For example, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 inch and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 inch are such models. You also have the Wacom Cintiq 22, Amazon Fire HD 10.1 inch and Amazon Fire HD 8 inch.
Even the Apple iPad which lacked the feature for so long now has an integrated HDMI Output. In fact, the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inch and the Apple iPad 6th Gen with WiFi have HDMI Output.
Tablets with HDMI Output make it easy to share videos and photos with other devices. Such devices include smart TVs, PCs, and computer monitors. You can use it to display presentations at company meetings or display documents on a large monitor (Source).
If you need a projector that has an ability to project a fairly large in-focus image from a “short” distance consider buying the best short throw projector. Most of the tablet offers HDMI ports. So, you can connect to a projector on the go.
Today, you can actually hook your 8-inch or 10.1-inch tablet to a 75 inch or 80 plasma HDTV or smart TV. To experience the most thrilling sound experience, connect the tablet with HDMI Output to your home theater system.
How Much Do Tablets with HDMI Output Cost?
Table of Contents
Android tablets such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 inch or 10.1 inches go for $500 and above. This is also true for the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inch which goes for $940 for the 64 GB model and $1,499 for the 1TB version.
Budget tablets with HDMI Output such as the Amazon FireHD 10.1 inch go for under $150. There are specialized tablets such as the Wacom Cintiq 22 used by animators. This model goes for under $1,200.
The tablets with HDMI output come with amazing features. They include dual stereo speakers, 1080p Full HD displays, front and back cameras. You also have dual-band Wi-Fi and the ability to expand storage capacity.
Now, you can enjoy watching Full HD videos, read magazines, ebooks and more. You also have the opportunity of streaming content seamlessly. For example, stream videos from Netflix, HBO Amazon Video, Hulu and others.
When it comes to music, you have the option streaming via Spotify and Pandora.
Comparing the Top 5 Products
- [Strong and Powerful Performance]: Do what you like to do, Dragon Touch NotePad K10 Tablet features a powerful and strong 64-bit quad-core processor...
- [Native and Latest Android OS]: The Dragon Touch NotePad K10 Tablet has been certified from GMS and features with the latest Android version-Android...
- [Better Display Wonderful Contents]: With a wide and stunning 800*1280 IPS display, which presents a bright display with more abundant colors and more...
- [Ultimate Entertainment Experience]: The Dragon Touch NotePad K10 Tablet comes with dual speakers, providing a robust audio experience for your...
- [Sturdy Design, Large Storage]: The Dragon Touch NotePad K10 Tablet has a simple but also not simple design. The fashion, line-clear and slim metal...
- Premium Android Tablet PC – Offering superior freedom and flexibility, this Google Certified Tablet PC lets you work, browse, shop or game on the go...
- Powerful Quad Core Processor – Designed with a 64-bit quad core processor and an advanced GPU, our small tablet PC offers advanced multitasking for...
- Advanced Wireless Connectivity – Along with a HDMI port for connecting TV’s, Our PC tablet uses Bluetooth and a powerful dual-band Wi-Fi to give...
- Google-Certified Android Software – The Fusion5 tablet leverages Android OS which provides access to the latest apps, software, and media options...
- Essential Built-In Features – Each Android tablet PC comes with a 5mp rear camera, 2mp front camera and stereo speakers to help enhance your movie...
- GET 3 FREE BONUS ITEMS inside the box - A high quality tablet case, Universal power adaptor and Screen protector (pre-applied) – A total value of...
- PREMIUM 10 INCH TABLET with SUPERIOR CPU - High Power MediaTek Quad core processor which boosts the multitasking abilities of the tablet. Connect your...
- CLEAR SCREEN, LARGE DISK and TV CONNECTIVITY: The IPS HD screen resolution makes pictures very crystal clear and 64GB disk allows you to download...
- SAFE and CERTIFIED QUALITY – Certified by FCC and CE standards provides you the peace of mind for safety and Quality.
- WORRY FREE PURCHASE: - Comes with 1 Year warranty and our team of support staff provides the best customer service. You can contact us for any...
- ULTRA SLIM & ULTRA STYLE: WINDOWS 10 S TABLET - the ultimate user experience. This newest version of Windows Tablet PC from Fusion5 is fully-loaded...
- POWERFUL & MEGA STORAGE SPACE - what more is there?! Upgraded Intel Quad-core CPU with powerful GPU - 4GB of RAM and 128GB of on board Storage.Your...
- 10'' GRAPHIC DISPLAY FOR OPTIMAL VIEWING - the 10'' screen on this Windows 10 S tablet PC by Fusion5 is perfect for viewing our favourite TV shows,...
- WANT MORE? - this is a Bluetooth 4.0 Windows PC laptop tablet. Equipped with Intel Quad-core Processor, and full-size USB 3.0 port.
- WHY BUY THIS WINDOWS 10 TABLET PC BY FUSION5? - this ultra-slim and stylish Windows laptop tablet not only ticks all the boxes in terms of ultimate...
- 10.1" HD IPS Screen : Fusion5 104Bv2 Tablet ps is boosted with a fantastic IPS screen technology. Bright colours and saturated natural high quality...
- ANDROID 8.1 OREO GMS CERTIFIED TABLET PC: Our newest 104Bv2 is GMS certified with Android 8.1 Oreo operating System which would mean you can play all...
- AMPLE STORAGE SPACE & Power -The Fusion5 104Bv2 android tablet pc is perfect for multitude of uses. From an office workhorse to a games machine and a...
- UNIQUE FEATURES - Supports WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0, mini HDMI, Quad Core A35 Processor and many more
- 12 MONTHS USA WARRANTY AND USA SERVICE CENTRE- Fusion5 is honouring warranties since 2010. We have the upmost confidence in our range of products.
How Do These Tablets Work?
Tablets with HDMI Output have a USB C port. What is a USB C port? This refers to an industry-standard connector that transmits both power and data on a single cable. Developed by the USB Implementers Forum, its a replacement for the micro USB popular with most smartphones and tablets.
While it looks similar to the micro USB port at first glance, the USB C port is oval. It’s also slightly thicker making it possible to flip the cable. As such, it has no up and down orientation.
The USB C connector has the capability of transmitting at 10 Gbps compared to its predecessor –USB 3.0 – at 5Gbps. To connect to a smart TV or HDMI enabled devices, you need a special cable. This cable should have a USB C connector at one end and the HDMI connector on the other.
To connect, simply plug the USB C connector to your tablet and the HDMI connector to your smart TV or HDMI device. Once you make the connection, you can stream videos via YouTube, Netflix, HBO, and others.
Alternatively, you can stream music via Spotify, or display a presentation.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Tablets with HDMI Output
Before buying a tablet with HDMI Output, there are a few things to consider. By doing so, you ensure that the tablet you buy meets your needs. Here are the top four things to consider.
Form factor: What tablet screen size are you looking for? In the market, you can find, 7 inch, 8 inch, 9 inch, 10.1 inch, and 12.9-inch tablets. If you choose a smaller tablet like a 7 inch or 8 inch, its portable and light.
It is also perfect for streaming music when on the plane or reading eBooks. Tablets with larger displays such as the 9 inch, 10.1 inch and 12.9 inch are great for gamers and watching videos.
Such tablets are also preferred for company meetings and presentations. The reason for this is that they have more screen real estate. Before buying, match the tablet screen size and your needs.
Consider These Aspects
Battery life: Tablets with HDMI Output have better battery life. Why? They have room for bigger batteries, unlike smaller tablets. Most smaller tablets have a battery life that lasts 4 hours to 6 hours when gaming or streaming videos.
Large tablets have a battery life that lasts more than 9 hours. This makes the tablet ideal for demanding processes such as streaming video and gaming. When shopping, buy a tablet with better battery life.
Plastic vs metal casing: Looking for a tablet with USB port that offers a premium look and feel? We recommend a tablet with a metal casing. A good example is the iPad series from Apple. There is one problem with metal tablets.
Although they look great, they tend to heat up easily. Plastic tablets such as the Amazon Fire series and Samsung Galaxy tablets don’t scratch easily. They are lightweight and don’t heat up easily like metal ones. Problem is, they lack the premium look and feel.
Storage capacity: Let’s face it. No matter how much storage is available, it’s never enough. We find ourselves storing more pictures, videos, music, and documents. Today, most tablets start from 16Gb or 32 GB. Some can go as high as 256 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB.
To allow users to store more data, manufacturers enable users to use microSD cards. Some tablets support 128 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB. The added storage comes in handy and makes it easy to transfer files between a PC and the tablet. Problem is, microSD cards are prone to damage easily.
Connecting a Tablet to the TV Using HDMI
To connect an Android phone or tablet to your TV, use a SlimPort (via Micro-USB) or even a Micro HDMI cable, or cast your screen wirelessly using browser apps like Chromecast.
How to Connect the Tablet to a Computer
Modern laptops and PCs from popular brands such as HP, Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Asus, Acer, and Lenovo have an HDMI port. To connect your tablet with HDMI Output, use the right cable. It should have the USB C connector on one end and an HDMI connector on the other.
Plug one end in the tablet and the other on the PC. If the connection is ok, several notifications will appear. Choose the right settings to connect tablet to TV, computer, or some other device depending on your task.
Once everything is connected and set-up, you should be able to watch a movie or slide show. If your PC does not have an HDMI port, you need to buy an HDMI adapter.
Most adapters work with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. What you ought to know is that connecting with the adapter means losing certain functions or features.
To make a connection, plug in your tablet and PC, choose the right settings on your tablet and enjoy it.
If you are facing trouble connecting your tablet with HDMI output consider buying the VGA to HDMI converter.
Summing It Up
While there are various tablets on the market, not all have a reliable HDMI output. Also, understanding how to connect these tablets to your PC or TV can take a little getting used to.
Such a tablet with USB port is not only ideal for watching videos or gaming, but also for business presentations. And remember, don’t just opt for cheap tablet models. High-end tablets have better resolution and all-around compatibility.
Are you using display to HDMI output for connecting to a projector? If then you need the right projector screen. Check out the review on a quality projector screen.