The Stanley Fatmax power station is perfect for those who are always on the move. With this device, you won’t be tethered by a plug or a wire anymore. Explore the great outdoors while staying connected to civilization.
Whether you’re heading to the campsite or beach, bring this device with you to recharge and power up your devices. If you need a portable and reliable power station when traveling, then bring Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A with you for your next camping trip.
Put it in your trunk and travel with peace of mind. Unlike other jumpers, it has a stable low-profile base that prevents the unit from rolling around in the trunk.
This device is famous for its practicality and transportability. It will provide you with an eco-friendly power source that will keep your electronics working. What’s more, it can double as a jump starter when needed.
Do you want to find out more about the Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A Review? Here’s everything you would ever want to know about this power station.
Stanley FatMax 1000A Power Station Specs
Table of Contents
- 1 Stanley FatMax 1000A Power Station Specs
- 2 Stanley FatMax 1000A Power Station Features
- 3 What Is Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A?
- 4 How to Jump-Start and Test the Alternator in Your Vehicle with the Stanley FatMax Powerit
- 5 Stanley Fatmax vs DEWALT DXAEPS2
- 6 User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A
- 7 How Much Does the Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A Cost?
- Amps: 1000 peak amps; 500 amps initial
- USB ports: 4
- Air-compressor: 120 PSI
- Jump starter: Yes
- Cables and clamps: Yes
- Worklight: 3-LED area light
- Dimensions: 13 x 6 x 11 inches
- Weight: 17.62 lbs
Stanley FatMax 1000A Power Station Features
- Power and capacity: 1,000 peak amp is enough to power up and run different types of electronics. Remember that it has the capacity to jumpstart the battery of your car. Prolong the life of your battery for up to 10 hours, depending on what you’re using it for.
- USB ports: There are 4 charging ports in total. Multiple USB ports allow you to charge various devices and appliances at once. Whether you’re on a campsite or job site, they will come in handy.
- 3-LED area light: The power station also features ultra-bright LED light. It includes three bulbs to help you see at night and in the dark.
- 120 PSI compressor: It will come in handy when you’re traveling. Pump air into your tires with this compressor and keep driving. In addition to vehicle and bicycle tires, this compressor will let you fill inflatable beach mattress, balls, and sports equipment.
- Jumpstarter & Alternator check capability: It can give a boost to dead or discharged batteries. Use the connector cables and clamps to make a temporary connection wherever you are. You can use it to revive the car battery and inspect potential alternator problems.
What Is Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A?
Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A is a portable power station with a jump starter. This device is highly portable and compact, so you can carry it in your RV or car. Take advantage of the direct current (DC) of your car’s battery to charge this power station.
This power station has 4 USB ports, allowing you to bring the power with you wherever you go. It also comes with a 120-PSI compressor that can fill both vehicle and bicycle tires.
Please note that the power station doesn’t come charged, so you will have to charge it after purchasing. This shouldn’t be an issue, though.
How Does It Work?
It is used to charge Lithium-ion batteries. The power stored in these batteries can be utilized later. This eco-friendly compact device doesn’t require gasoline, combustibles, kerosene, wood, coal, etc.
It allows you to generate grid electricity anytime and anywhere. After passing through an inverter, the electricity transforms in pure sine waves that can be utilized to power different devices.
Combine it with other power stations for the best results. You can wire a few power stations together either parallel or in series to get more electricity.
What Can It Power Up?
For example, you can use this portable power source to charge a cell phone, laptop, tablet, MP3 player, radio, and so on. Run your devices powered up all the time with this power station.
You will also be able to run an electronic barometer, your GPS, and other gadgets. Moreover, it can power some appliances on recreational vehicles. This device can even jump-start dead vehicle batteries.
How to Jump-Start and Test the Alternator in Your Vehicle with the Stanley FatMax Powerit
Aside from powering up a wide variety of electronic devices, this power station can be used to check the alternator for issues. It can also give your car a jump-start when it runs out of battery.
- Hook it up the correct way. If you hear a continuous sound (beep), that means you did it wrong. Disconnect it and plug it up properly.
- Put Positive (red) on first; then put Negative (black) on the frame. If done correctly, you will hear one beep.
- Turn jump-start power on. Make sure all the accessories (lights, heat, stereo, etc.) are turned off before starting your vehicle.
- To test the alternator, leave your vehicle’s engine idling for a minute or two.
- Then press Alternator check. It takes about 10 seconds. Once it stops blinking, you will see the alternator diagnostic on screen. Push this button again to stop the test.
- Lastly, turn jumper start off and disconnect cables. Take your Negative off first and then remove Positive.
Stanley Fatmax vs DEWALT DXAEPS2
When comparing these two portable power stations, it is critical to consider the following aspects:
- Power: With a 1000-Watt power inverter and a 2800 amp jump starter, the DEWALT DXAEPS2 can outpower the Stanley Fatmax. Nevertheless, the later can also get the job done just fine.
- Functionality: DEWALT DXAEPS2 offers a lot of functions. It combines dual 3.1 Amp USB ports with a 120 PSI air compressor and a high-powered LCD screen. While Stanley Fatmax has fewer features, it will live up to your expectations when it comes to functionality.
- Portability: As you can see in the table above, the Stanley Fatmax is about 20 pounds lighter than the DEWALT DXAEPS2. This means it is easier to carry around.
- Price: Stanley Fatmax is a more affordable option. Not only that it’s less expensive than the DEWALT DXAEPS2, but it is also one of the cheapest power stations on the market in this class.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A
As always, we will let you know what customers think about the product. It is important to know the main advantages and disadvantages of this power station before making a purchase.
Most Common Complaints
- It doesn’t detect the battery sometimes: This safety feature will prevent the jumper from delivering power to the terminals. If your car’s battery is completely dead, it may refuse to jump-start the engine.
- Rapid energy losses: After a while, the Fatmax may start dropping in performance. As a result, some users have encountered a problem with rapid energy losses.
Most Common Praises
- Fair price: The FatMax Powerit 1000A is priced reasonably and most customers find it well worth the price.
- Versatile use: This power station can be used for a broad range of electronic devices. From cell phones to laptops, to tablets and MP3 players, it will energize your electronics.
- Perfect for road trips and camping: People use this portable device when traveling and camping. They said that it is a handy piece of camping equipment to stay powered up.
How Much Does the Stanley FatMax Powerit 1000A Cost?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $150, depending on where you are shopping for this product. Compared to other 1000A power stations on the market, it is quite inexpensive. This product will give you the best bang for your buck.