Ultrasonic pest repellers are devices that emit high sound frequencies, within a range of 20,000 Hertz.
It is this high sound frequency that prevents pests from coming anywhere close to the repeller. Such products are known to be effective on an array of pests. However, not all the solar pest repellers available today are effective.
While choosing the right solar-powered pest repeller, you need to consider such aspects as the range, size and safety of the product (Source).
If you are currently shopping for one, here are reviews of five top rated solar pest repellers you will love.
Best Solar Pest Repellers 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Solar Pest Repellers 2019
- 2 1. Pest Soldier Nighttime Solar Powered Animal Repeller – Best Overall
- 3 2. Aspectek Predator Eye Night Time Solar Powered Animal Repeller – Most Affordable
- 4 3. Vekibee 2 Piece Solar Powered Sonic Mole Repellent – Best for Burrowing Rodents
- 5 4. Abco Tech Ultrasonic Solar Animal & Pest Repeller – Best Repeller with a Motion Sensor
- 6 5. Bell + Howell 50104 Motion Activated Ultrasonic Solar Powered – Best Under $25
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Solar Pest Repeller
- 8 Our Final Verdict
|Pest Soldier Nighttime Solar Powered Animal Repeller|
|Aspectek Predator Eye Night Time Solar Powered Animal Repeller|
|Vekibee 2 Piece Solar Powered Sonic Mole Repellent|
|Abco Tech Ultrasonic Solar Animal & Pest Repeller|
|Bell + Howell 50104 Motion Activated Ultrasonic Solar Powered with Rechargeable Batteries|
1. Pest Soldier Nighttime Solar Powered Animal Repeller – Best OverallIn addition to keeping some wild animals, such as wolves and foxes, away, this gadget has been proven to keep an array of pests at bay. Some of the pests you will be able to repel with this unit include raccoons, coyotes, and skunks. The product features a reflective icon and a flashing red light. To such pests, these appear like an eye; causing them to stay away from the device.
The product is sold as a pack of 2 solar pest repellers for enhanced coverage. The two units are equipped with maintenance-free rechargeable batteries. Exposure to t he sun during the day will automatically recharge the batteries. The batteries used in these units are also very durable, with a fully charged battery lasting for up to 30 days.
Additionally, these repellers are light sensitive. As such, they will automatically shut down at full day light and come back on at dusk. Being some of the most effective pest deterrents out there, these gadgets have been proven to be effective from a range of about 500 yards.
The new model of this gadget features a durable, waterproof construction. As such, they will not be damaged by weather conditions when left outside overnight. You may use this product to keep pests away from your home or to protect your livestock from predators at night.
2. Aspectek Predator Eye Night Time Solar Powered Animal Repeller – Most AffordableAre you working on a limited budget? Well, here is another great repeller that does not cost much. For less than $20, you will get an effective deterrent that does not require a connection to electricity. Just as the product reviewed above, this Aspectek product has been proven to be effective against raccoons, coyotes, wolves, skunks, cougars and deer.
The battery used in this unit is solar chargeable and will automatically recharge during the day when exposed to sun rays. If not recharged, a fully-charged battery can last for up to 7 days. This being the case, you do not need to worry about the cloudy days when the unit is not charging. The product features a reflective icon and flashing red light.
To predators and pests, these appear like a stalking eye. As such, they will remain away from the device. For optimal coverage, this product is sold as a pack of 2. This allows you to cover a relatively large area. Finally, the devices will not be affected by weather elements as they feature a tough, waterproof construction.
3. Vekibee 2 Piece Solar Powered Sonic Mole Repellent – Best for Burrowing RodentsIf you are looking for enhanced versatility on your solar pest repeller, you should consider buying the Vekibee 2-piece solar powered sonic repellent. In this regard, the unit is designed to repel moles, rodents and an array of pests. In its functioning, the product emits a 400 Hz sonic pulse every 20 seconds.
This pulse penetrates underground to irritate any burrowing rodents within its range. The unit features an aluminum spike that is corrosion resistant. In this regard, you may bury the spike flush in your lawn. Aluminum is a good conductor of sonic pulses. This makes the product more effective at transmitting the repellent pulses into the ground below.
The unit is equipped with Polycrystalline silicon 2.5V/ 80 mA batteries. These batteries are known to have a better efficiency output and conversion rate, as compared to the conventional 2V/ 30 mA batteries. As such, the batteries need a 4-hour exposure to the sun for them to be fully charged. Once fully-charged, these batteries can last for up to 5 days.
4. Abco Tech Ultrasonic Solar Animal & Pest Repeller – Best Repeller with a Motion SensorAs compared to the other products reviewed in this guide, this pest repeller is comparatively costly. However, the unit is worth every penny. This may be attributed to its effectiveness and an assortment of features to offer. For enhanced efficiency, the product is equipped with 3 ultrasound frequency settings. Additionally, it also features optional LED flash lights to scare pests away.
Just as is the case with other high-quality products in the market today, this repeller is backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee by the manufacturer. You will also love the versatility and range offered by this repeller. In this regard, the motion sensor used in this equipment picks up motion within a range of 30’.
When pest movement is detected, the sensor will trigger the unit to go on thus scare the pests away. Having been designed for outdoor use, the product features a weatherproof design.
5. Bell + Howell 50104 Motion Activated Ultrasonic Solar Powered – Best Under $25This solar pest repeller is designed to scare pests within a range of 30 feet away. To achieve this, the product has dual speakers that produce high-pitched sound. This sound has been proven to be effective at scaring trespassing pests away.
For easier installation, the product comes with mounting brackets. As such, you will find the product easier to mount on a garden stake, wall or tree. The solar-charged repeller features an inbuilt infrared motion detector. The effective range of this product is about 30 feet.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Solar Pest Repeller
Whichever way you look at it, pests are nuisances to human beings. Currently, there are numerous methods that may be used to control, exterminate or repel pests in your home.
Well, preventing pest infestation is considered to be more effective than exterminating them. In this regard, solar pest repellers are some of the most effective pest control gadgets available today.
When it comes to controlling pest infestation, ultrasonic devices are very popular today. Most of the ultrasonic pest repellers available today are plug in models. What if you are not connected to the grid or would like to use the device while camping outdoor?
In such a case, you will need a solar-powered ultrasonic pest repeller. Such products are not only eco-friendly; they will also help you save on energy consumption in your home.
While this is the case, choosing the right unit may not be that easy. To make things a bit easier, here are some of the considerations you need to make while shopping for the best solar pest repeller:
This refers to the amount of space that a repeller can cover and is usually expressed in square feet. Different models of solar pest repellers have different capabilities. As such, not all the available units are suited for all applications. Before buying a repeller, you first need to ascertain the area you would like the unit to cover.
With that in mind, it will be easier for you to select a unit with the right coverage for the intended application. Basically, corded ultrasonic repellers are known to have the widest coverage. Some of the leading corded repeller models have coverage of up to 5,000 square feet.
Such units are best suited for controlling pests in larger spaces, such as attics and basements. As opposed to these, plug-in and solar-powered pest repellers have a comparatively smaller coverage. Some of the most powerful units have coverage of up to 1290 sq. ft. Therefore, your choice of the right unit should be influenced by the area you would like to cover.
Normally, the sound frequencies produced by these products cannot be detected by human ears. However, they may have some effect on your pets. While shopping for thee products, it is advisable to go for the ones that have been proven to be safe for household pets.
Some of these products have been known to cause distress to domesticated rodents, such as rabbits and hamsters. If you own such a pet, you need to be very careful while choosing the best solar-powered pest repeller.
Basically, corded repellers produce extremely high frequencies. Such frequencies are known to make dogs uneasy. While most of the leading solar pest deterrent brands are considered to be safe, you need to be very careful when choosing one.
Basically, your choice should not be entirely determined by the price of these products. Most people are looking forward to saving some money on their purchase. Well, this is fine; but you should resist the temptation to buy the cheapest product. Cheap products are known to be of poor quality.
Rather than just buying the cheapest product, you should try to strike a balance between the quality and price. Normally, the cost of these units will increase with their power and size.
If you are looking for a cheaper option, you may need to settle for the disposable ultrasonic repellers. These are designed to repel pests for a limited period, after which you need to replace them. While this is the case, the longer-lasting models will offer you a better value for money.
The more durable units are costlier than disposable ones. However, they will continue to repel pests in your home for years to come. In the long run, it will be cheaper to buy a single model that lasts for long than buying multiple disposable solar repellers.
Our Final Verdict
Are you looking for the best way to control pests in your home? Whether it is crawling or burrowing pests you are trying to control, you do not need to use harmful chemicals. With the right solar pest repeller, keeping pests away is now eco-friendly and easy.
As you have learned throughout this guide, there are several things that should be considered while shopping for an ultrasonic pest repeller. While various devices are designed for different applications, choosing the best solar pest repeller should be easier with this guide.