If you want to enhance your view on certain areas within your home or office, security cameras are the only option.
Security cameras are very essential for your home; they ensure safety and alert you in the event that something is on fire or overcooking (Source).
Smoke detector cameras are covert surveillance devices that resemble actual fire detection equipment but have integrated video cameras.
They camouflage in plain sight and enable you to easily monitor your business or home undetected.
With their increasing popularity, various manufacturers are venturing to this field, increasing the brands and models of smoke detector cameras.
Nonetheless, the best camera should have good night vision, easy Wi-Fi connection, and be compatible with mobile devices. Additionally, factors like adequate storage and other extra features that provide immense functionality should be taken in as well.
Nonetheless, selection will require a clear understanding of the basics underlying these devices.
Best Smoke Detector Cameras 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Smoke Detector Cameras 2019
- 2 1. Littleadd Hidden Smoke Detector Camera – Best Motion Activated Smoke DetectorCamera
- 3 2. DareTang Smoke Detector Camera – Best Feature-Packed Smoke Detector Camera
- 4 3. SCS Enterprises WF-402 HAC Smoke Detector Camera – Best Visual and Compatible Smoke Detector Camera
- 5 4. KAMRE Wi-Fi Hidden Smoke Detector – Best Smoke Detection Camera for the Price
- 6 5. Tangmi Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera – Best Low Profile and Quality Smoke Detection Camera
- 7 Things to Consider Before Buying a Smoke Detector Camera
- 8 Final Verdict
|Littleadd Hidden Smoke Detector Camera|
|DareTang Smoke Detector Camera|
|SCS Enterprises WF-402 HAC Smoke Detector Camera|
|KAMRE Wi-Fi Hidden Smoke Detector|
|Tangmi Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera|
1. Littleadd Hidden Smoke Detector Camera – Best Motion Activated Smoke DetectorCameraThe Littleadd Hidden Smoke Detector Camera tops this list due to numerous reasons. Perhaps one of the most discreet smoke detector cameras on the market, it is incredibly affordable and offers a great value if its overall qualities and features are compared.
The camera offers both 720 HD and 1080 HD modes, probably all you need to achieve a stunning visual sharpness of the recorded videos or images. This is a motion-activated smoke detector with its motion detection mode set off if it senses movements within 5 meters. It can then record videos and capture photos during this period, thus saving on battery life.
Now, speaking of battery life, this motion activated smoke detector camera can run between 10 – 14 hours on a single charge. This is considerably a better power option you can find in this list.
Additionally, you can connect the charging code to ensure that the camera keeps running all throughout without power problems.
More on the Littleadd Hidden Smoke Detector Camera
Besides the said features, the smoke detector camera features an 8GB SD card that holds up to 3 hours of constant recording as well.
If that’s not enough for you, you can always upgrade to 32GB. This, therefore, provides a tripled amount of time for recording. Keep in mind that there is no looping once full.
To ease its use, the Littleadd Hidden Smoke Detector Camera comes with a remote that makes it easy to turn it on and off. However, the drawback is that there is no downloadable app for controlling or viewing the footage remotely.
Overall, this motion-activated smoke detector camera is very affordable, and while it may disappoint in other areas, the core functionality of this spy camera is impressive; especially when it comes to prioritizing battery life and enough recording time.
2. DareTang Smoke Detector Camera – Best Feature-Packed Smoke Detector CameraIf you are in the market for a feature-rich and modern-designed fire detector camera, the DareTang should be your top choice. The smoke detector camera enables users to capture hours and extended periods of quality footage and view it from remote locations.
Like other high-end models in the market, this camera records only in 1080 HD. With such quality, you can be certain of stunning visuals which include pictures.
The camera allows users to choose between the two major modes: a motion activated mode or recording in any place with Wi-Fi. Motion detection mode can be activated by moves within 5 to 7 meters.
Alongside that, the DareTang Smoke Detector Camera comes with a lithium battery that can be recharged within 3 – 4 hours. Once fully recharged, the camera can keep rolling for approximately 5 hours or longer if not used intermittently. Running a power source using the battery charging cord can also be done.
Further Review of the DareTang Camera
On one hand, the run-time of 5 hours can be a drawback of this device. On the other hand, it boasts a memory capacity that accommodates up to 64GB; allowing users to store massive amounts of footage.
Additionally, the camera provides options for looping back to the old footage and starts recording automatically if you fill the storage.
Unlike our best model, the DareTang Smoke Detector Camera, this smoke detector ip camera comes with a smartphone app that allows you to view real-time footage remotely. You can also turn the camera on and off or switch to other cameras from the app.
3. SCS Enterprises WF-402 HAC Smoke Detector Camera – Best Visual and Compatible Smoke Detector CameraThe SCS Enterprises WF-402 HAC Smoke Detector Camera is the best smoke detection camera of choice if you’re looking for a product that offers great visuals and compatibility. Usually, it is a good choice for professional level monitoring.
Perhaps backing up the best visual feature of this device is the 720 HD camera quality. That feature makes it easy to view everything within the room in detail. The visuals are enhanced by double layer pinhole lens with enlarged camera sensors that allow the camera to see clearly compared to other models.
However, unlike other models mentioned above, the SCS Enterprises WF-402 HAC Smoke Detector Camera doesn’t come with a rechargeable battery pack. In the place of this, manufacturers provide a 110 – 220VAC direct wiring cable that allows you to connect directly to your existing wire setup either in the wall or ceiling.
The bottom line is it can be initially challenging to install, but it offers 24/7 operational ability; perhaps it is worth the effort.
More on the SCS Enterprises
Concerning the storage capability, the camera comes with an 8GB SD card that can offer up to 30 hours of continuous video recording.
If you’re not content with that, you can upgrade this to 32 GB for more storage.
However, the camera is always on a secure network when connected; therefore, anybody searching for Wi-Fi can detect it.
The SCS Enterprises WF-402 HAC Smoke Detector Camera is compatible with the popular Lizvie app that enables you to have full control over its features remotely from your mobile device.
Overall, with its direct wiring ability, wide-angle view, and potentially large storage space, this could be the best wifi smoke detector camera for you.
4. KAMRE Wi-Fi Hidden Smoke Detector – Best Smoke Detection Camera for the PriceThe KAMRE Wi-Fi Hidden Smoke Detector is a choice if you need a simple-to-install and affordable quality HD camera. It provides an excellent combination of image quality while its smartphone app integration makes it a solid purchase.
Like other top-notch cameras on the market, the camera captures videos in 1080 HD quality and offers much detail and fluid movement in every recorded video. Other intriguing features of this smoke detection camera include:
- Unique design – it comes in a special shape with screws that can be easily mounted on the ceiling or wall. Nobody will realize this is a surveillance camera as well.
- Motion detection – the camera automatically begins capturing the video once motion is detected. If the camera is connected to your phone, it automatically sends 3 photos as an alert.
- Remote view – the camera can be easily configured to any available Wi-Fi connection. Once configured, you can view all the images and recordings from your phone or computer remotely. You can also save the videos in your phone’s micro SD card.
- Quality service – setting up the camera is quite a breeze. Besides that, there is also an included user manual and a quick video installation guide that makes things easy.
- Concerning the power use, the camera operates with a battery pack that can record continuously for a maximum of 3 hours. Recharging the battery takes approximately 4 hours. Nonetheless, this can be circumvented by connecting your power source using the charging cord.
5. Tangmi Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera – Best Low Profile and Quality Smoke Detection CameraMaking into the list of our best products, the Tangmi Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera offers great value with modern features and everything you may want for a smoke detection camera.
Like other top models, the camera comes with great image quality, helpful mobile app, and a wide range of view. It’s an excellent choice for business or home surveillance needs.
The camera records in 1080 HD quality. However, it comes with several options for lower quality modes that provide an extended battery life as well as save your SD card. You can opt for the 1080 HD, but 720 HD works fine, too, especially if you are looking to maximize battery and SD card space.
Alongside that, its 90-degree viewing field provides sufficient capture for the entire room as well.
In contrast, its battery life is quite low, offering only 2 hours when in full HD. You can work around this by using the available modes such as motion detection or scheduled and alarm modes.
Moreover, the spy camera doesn’t come with an SD card but can operate up to 32 GBs. The camera’s iMiniCam application enables users to control the camera remotely when connected to Wi-Fi.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Smoke Detector Camera
Before investing in any smoke detector camera system, it is of immense importance that you understand the options available. To find the best, certain features should be considered. Outlined below are some of the essential aspects to look into before buying a smoke detector camera.
Wired Vs. Wireless
Wireless cameras provide much versatility compared to their wired counterparts. However, you will need to be mindful of other devices such as cordless phones, wireless internet, and baby monitors that may interrupt wireless camera’s signal.
Besides, there is a potential that other people may intercept your camera’s video feeds and make them vulnerable. Therefore, you should ensure that your camera has encryption technology to maximize its functionality.
This is an obvious requirement before investing in any spy camera. You will definitely want to see everything recorded clearly, including the small details. Consider smoke detector cameras with resolutions ranging from 720HD to 1080 HD.
Mobile App Compatibility
Mobile integration is perhaps the best improvements done to these cameras. Better and modern models allow users to control the camera through an app. You can view direct feeds, zoom in, start, or stop recording from the mobile app.
This is the other critical aspect of any spy camera. The higher the storage capacity, the longer the stored video footage. The majority of cameras use micro SD cards of varying storage capabilities to store their recorded videos.
Go for a model that accommodates large-capacity SD cards. The camera should also provide looping that allows the camera to restart and record over old footage once maximum capacity is reached.
Depending on the camera model, it can either be powered by a lithium battery or a cord that connects to the power source directly. Various models also offer varying periods of usage once fully charged.
Whereas others last approximately 5 hours, others last up to 16 hours without requiring to be charged. Go for longer lasting models if possible.
All the above-mentioned smoke detector cameras are great options for various reasons. However, when searching for a perfect product, it is imperative that you begin by considering your needs and intended use.
After that, proceed and look into the various features of the best products mentioned in our smoke detector review above. The buying guide can help you wade through the best features to consider.
From our review, which one is your favorite product? Share with us below!