The Silhouette Cameo was initially introduced in 2011, and since then, it has created waves in the arts and crafts industry. It gave the ability for imaginative, creative enthusiasts to cut, design, and create more easily. The product was released in the company’s Summit held in Hawaii, 2016.
Silhouette Cameo 3, is an ingenious product, which has made printing and die-cutting further accessible and innovative! The company has also released a Silhouette Cameo 4, but the third version is a people’s favorite.
It has replaced the much-admired Silhouette Cameo 2, and the hype is real. The device comes with different advanced features catering to a broad, creative audience. It appears as a sleek printer. However, it is more than that since it gives its users the capability to cut and draw on 100 different kinds of materials.
It has been in the market for a while. In that time, it has managed to gain excellent ratings on Amazon and other platforms. The latest features of this device are its automatic system, vast storage space, improved blades, Bluetooth connection, and much more.
In this guide, we’ll be discussing the pros, cons, the improved features of Silhouette Cameo 3. We’ll also explain why this device is the right choice for you.
Silhouette Cameo 3 Specs
Listed below are the different specifications for Silhouette Cameo 3.
- Silhouette Studio software
- Power cable and USB cable
- Silhouette Cameo 3 cutting machine
- 12 ” cutting mat
- Cross cutter
- Silhoutte’s AutoBlade
- 100 free digital designs
- 1-month basic subscription to the Silhouette Design Store
Silhouette Models Available
There are some other popular models of Silhouette in the market as well. Below, we are comparing some of the features of Silhouette Cameo 3 with other trendy models.
|Silhouette Cameo 3|
|Silhoutte Cameo 2|
In this guide, we will lay emphasis on a detailed review of the Silhouette 3.
This device is an innovative, DIY cutting machine, and a printer. It can help you in cutting various printouts from different kinds of materials. This model has a large capacity. It can cut through a wide range of materials, such as fabric, paper, cardstock, and vinyl.
The machine can be really useful in designing scrapbooks layouts, sketch designs, vinyl decor, and intricate papercrafts. The other latest features are its Bluetooth connectivity range and the drawings from the well-known Silhouette Studio design software.
The device can easily connect to your smartphone, desktop, and laptop, making it easy to store work. This accessible feature can be really convenient for various types of projects. The device also has access to thousands of designs, which are easy to download.
The Mac-compatible software can cut up the material to pieces that are 12-inch wide and 10-feet long. It also is Pix-Scan compatible.
Silhouette Cameo 3 Features
The Silhouette Cameo 3 is not as great as its competitors. However, it still stands out because it can create custom designs. The machine’s portable size makes it a home-friendly device.
Here are the distinctive features of the Silhouette Cameo 3.
- Full-color LCD touch screen: This feature simplifies the digital format. It is also quite useful while searching through various designs.
- Pix Scan Functionality: If you want to use your phone’s camera, this feature can help you upload pictures more efficiently.
- No cartridge: Having no cartridge is a great advantage. It will allow you to create multiple and limitless designs from scratch.
- Pre-made designs: It also gives the user access to thousands of pre-made designs. Also, the user gets free 50 pre-made designs on using the machine for the first time.
What Makes Silhouette Cameo 3 So Awesome
This machine is still leading the market. Here, we have listed the following reasons why this device stands apart from the rest of its competition.
Dual- Carriage – The machine has a two-tool option available. Once you activate this icon, you can use two tools at the same time. This will help you in multitasking. It can also increase your productivity.
- Stippling Icon – If you want to create a stippled ink decor, use the Stipple fill icon. It will give you a variety of options to choose from and create a masterpiece.
- Silhouette studio – The latest version of this Silhouette software is incredible. It enables you to edit your designs like you would with a professional photo-editing software. It allows you to use Adobe Photoshop and other sites too.
- Adjusting blade – Auto-adjusting blade is simple to use and will provide great versatility. You can automatically change the cut-settings.
- Print and Cut – This is a fantastic feature. It enables you to make and send videos via the Studio software. You can efficiently conduct crafting and scrapbooking sessions through it.
How to Install the Silhouette Cameo 3
This machine is installed using the following steps:
- Register First: As your Silhouette Cameo 3 arrives, take out all the components from the box, and proceed on registering the machine on the site, https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/setup.
- Check the Items: The second step is to ensure that all the items are inside the box. You should find inside the box, a:
- USB cord
- A 12-inch cutting mat
- Power cord with an A/C adapter
- Auto blade
- Cross cutter
- A small multi-purpose tool
- Download the Software: After you have set up the machine, download and install the Silhouette Studio Software. To download the software, click the option to do so at https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software. To know more about its installation, check out the link:
User Feedback & Reviews
Read on to find out both the good and bad things that people are saying about Silhouette Cameo 3.
Most Common Complaints
- Weak Cutter: Some of the people did not like its cutter. The cutter comes with only 210 gf (compare w/ Cricut Explore Air 2 (400 gf) / Cricut Maker (4000 gf).
- Heavy in Size: Silhouette Cameo 3 is a little difficult to carry as compared to Silhouette Cameo 2 due to its larger size and heaviness.
Most Common Praises
- Bluetooth Support: Silhouette Cameo 3 supports Bluetooth, which has made it a much more likeable device.
- Works Without Internet: Another great thing about it is that it can work both with or without the internet.
- Touchscreen: Silhouette Cameo 3 is very responsive. It makes your work much comfortable with its touchscreen mode.
- Easy to Use: Silhouette Cameo 3 is the easiest device to use so far while providing high-functionality.
How Much Does the Silhouette Cameo 3 Cost?
When you head towards purchasing the Cameo 3, stay assured that you are going to get the best tool. Also, the great thing about the Cameo is you will not need to purchase expensive cartridges for it.
You can buy the Silhouette Cameo 3 for less than $200. Even that will not seem much once you start using this wonderful machine.
Why Buy the Silhouette Cameo 3?
The Silhouette Cameo 3 is a reliable device. It is also the best Silhouette machine you can get so far. It comprises of all the valuable features of the Cameo 2 with the inclusion of Bluetooth.
Once you have used it, you will not want to go back to cutting on a Silhouette without Bluetooth, and the AutoBlade. Also, you cannot replace its ability to use two tools at once with any other machine.
Leave a Reply