Having a desk fan in your workplace can really boost your productivity especially during hot and sunny days.
A desk fan enhances circulation of air in the room and helps to regulate humidity or temperature within your environment. The refreshing cool air will make your work more enjoyable especially if you work in a crowded room.
The best thing with desk fans is that most of them are affordable and can be used in different places due to their compact size. They are also friendly to the environment and easy to use.
When searching for the best desk fan, you need to consider the price, features, size, durability and it should also be quiet enough. In addition, you should consider its design in terms of appearance and color.
To make your work easier when buying, we have reviewed the best silent desk fans you can find today.
Top 5 Best Silent Desk Fans in 2018
|Vornado Zippi Personal Fan|
|Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan|
|iMBAPrice USB-MFAN USB Desktop Fan|
|SENPAIC, Desk Personal Fan USB Table Portable Fan|
|Ozeri Brezza III Dual Oscillating 10″|
1. Vornado Zippi Personal Fan – Best OverallThis desk fan has a sleek and stylish design. The innovative design makes it look more attractive as compared to others. It is ideal for every work environment due to its compact size. It is quiet and won’t disturb your co-workers especially when used in a large office. It allows you to make phone calls comfortably without any distractions.
One of the best things about this fan is that it is easy to fold which makes it ideal when travelling. It also comes in nine different colors which allows you to choose your favourite color that matches with the design of your office or home if that’s what you prefer.
Another thing about this desk fan is that it comes with soft cloth blades to prevent accidental cuts. These blades are safe to touch even when the fan is in operation. If you work in a busy office, this feature will be of great use. When you are using it in your home, these blades ensures that your kids or pets running into the fan will not be hurt. In addition, the soft blades ensure that the sturdy frame of this fan is protected from damages.
It also comes with two speed settings and an adjustable head which makes it easy for you to adjust according to your preferences. The fan is very quiet and due to this, you can use it in your bedroom at night. You can also use it on an IT desk with many computers to cool the desktops that run hot.
2. Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan – Most Powerful Desk FanThis fan is very powerful and comes with amazing features. One of the best things with this fan is that it has a tilt feature which allows you to move the head upwards at 90°. The feature enables you to control the airflow in that you can move the warm air which has accumulated at the ceiling around the room. Apart from that, this feature also helps in drying a freshly painted wall especially when you want to apply another layer of paint.
Unlike others, the fan comes with three fan speeds which are low, medium and high. If you are in an average sized room, low setting is enough. In large areas or when moving air from one floor to another, higher settings may be required.
In addition, it has a seven-inch blade which is placed behind the plastic guarding grill. This means it is not likely to cause accidental cuts. However, this makes it hard to clean the interior parts unless you use something that can remove dust and debris inside when it is not in use.
Another thing is that no assembly is required, you just remove it from the box and plug into a socket. You can also mount it on the wall if you want to save the desk space. It can also be a great option for those who spend many hours in the kitchen. When the weather is cold, this fan can be used to move hot air from a wood stove to the rest of the room. This provides good air circulation in the room.
3. iMBAPrice USB-MFAN USB Desktop Fan – Most Affordable Desk FanIf you are searching for an affordable and very effective desk fan, this one might be what you are looking for. It is lightweight and measures 6.2 X 6.2 X 4.5 Inches. The fan is powered by USB and this means you can simply connect it to your computer or any USB power available. It comes with a 44-inch cord which makes it suitable for any workspace even on a kitchen countertop.
The fan only tilts vertically and not sideways. If you are not comfortable with connecting it to your computer, you can look for an USB adaptor which you can connect to any standard wall plug. The desk fan is very quiet and won’t cause any disturbance in your working environment. The plastic frame may produce a buzzing sound but you can change its location to minimize the sound.
The plastic frame can be mounted in different locations to provide good circulation of air. The materials used to make the casing of the USB cord and the plastic frame are not durable but the fan is still powerful as compared to other cheap desk fans.
4. SENPAIC, Desk Personal Fan USB Table Portable Fan– Best USB Desk FanThis one has a unique design and a square frame which surrounds it. The fan also contains a brushless motor which is not noisy to allow you concentrate on your work. It comes with two speed settings to allow you choose the one which works best for you.
You can tilt it for 360 degrees either upwards or downwards. The fan has a compact design to save your desk space. One of the outstanding features of this fan is the 47-inches cable which allows you to move it freely within the office. It also has a rubber base which gives it the required stability.
Another thing about this desk fan is that, it is powered by USB which means that you can just connect it to your laptop or desktop as you work. If you are looking for a portable, stylish and affordable desk fan, this one is among the best you can consider.
5. Ozeri Brezza III Dual Oscillating 10″ High Velocity Desk and Table Fan – Most Advanced Desk FanThis one is among the most stylish desk fans you can find today. It comes with a remote control to make your work easier when adjusting the settings. The fan is powered by dual oscillating motors which moves horizontally and vertically. This means that it can rotate ether sideways or upward and downwards at the same time. You can use the remote control to try this feature.
If you are looking for a long lasting desk fan, this one is one of the best. It weighs only 6 pounds and has a handle which makes it easy to carry. You can use it in the living room, bedroom or any other place due to its small size. Another thing is that despite being a desk fan, you can also place it on the floor to cool those people who are sitting down. This is made possible by the up and down oscillation feature.
Another unique feature about this fan is that it has a 4 hours timer which provides the lowest noise output. It is very powerful as compared to many desk fans. Are you worried about its price? The best thing with this fan is that it is cheap despite the advanced features.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Desk Fan
Today there are so many desk fans on the market and choosing the best may not be easy. However, if you are looking for the best desk fan, consider the following features.
The fan should be made of quality materials which will enable it last for a long time. This will save you the cost of buying fans from time to time.
Another thing you should be keen on is the design. The edges should be smooth to prevent damaging the neighboring devices. This is especially if you are using it on your table or near a computer. It should also have a good stand to ensure it is stable.
How much are you ready to spend for a good desk fan? This will enable you to narrow down your options. The only difference will be the features. Most of the expensive desk fans come with additional features which makes them more efficient as compared to the cheap models. However, there are good desk fans for every price.
The fan should be compact enough to fit in your table. It should also be lightweight to enable you move it from one place to another. The stand should be easy to adjust to achieve the desired size.
4. Mode of operation
The best desk fan should operate quietly. This will enable you to concentrate with your work. Look for desk fans which use double motors or special blades which are able to muffle the sound.
Additionally, it should have more than one base setting. Some fans come with different speeds which will allow you to regulate the level of air around your workstation.
A good desk fan should have a flexible neck. This will enable you to adjust the angle of inclination according to your requirements. Look for a fan that can use rechargeable battery. This feature will be of great use in case the power fails. The battery should last for a long time when fully charged.
Our Final Verdict
From the reviews, you will find that each desk fan is different from the other in terms of design, price, size and features.
When shopping for a desk fan, ensure that it is pocket friendly, durable and will perform as required. Additionally, it should be compact enough to fit on your desk. It should also be quiet to give you maximum concentration as you work.
It is not easy to determine the best, but if you consider what we have covered in this article, you’ll be able to easily pick out the best desk fan for you.