You must have come across many big-name brands in the saw market. Very few of them get acknowledged for their functionality, convenience, and the power they bring.
Shop Fox W1837 succeeded in finding its way through the best as one of the top-quality hybrid table saws today. Below, we give a complete Shop Fox W1837 review for you to find out what to love about this mighty tool.
Shop Fox W1837 Specs
Table of Contents
- 1 Shop Fox W1837 Specs
- 2 Shop Fox W1837 Options Available
- 3 Shop Fox W1837 Features
- 4 What Makes Shop Fox W1837 So Awesome?
- 5 How to Use Shop Fox W1837?
- 6 User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Shop Fox W1837?
- 7 How Much Does the Shop Fox W1837 Cost?
- 8 Why Buy the Shop Fox W1837?
- 2 HP motor
- Power Input: 10-17 VDC
- Operable on 120V or 240V
- 30-inch ripping capacity
- Arbor: 5/8″
- 10-inch blade
- Speed: 3,450 RPM
- Highly mobile built-in wheeled base
- Weight: 260 pounds
- Anti-kickback pawls
- The maximum cut depth at 45 ° is 2-1 / 4 in.
- The maximum cut depth at 90 ° is 3-1/4 in.
- Rip capacity: 15″ to the left and 30″ to the right
- Includes riving knife
- Blade tilt: Left
- Quick-release blade guard
- Dust control
- Vacuum system
- Maximum blade diameter: 10″
Shop Fox W1837 Options Available
There are some contenders of Shop Fox W1837 that you may find in the market. Let’s look at the comparison table below.
This review includes all the features, praises, and complaints about the Shop Fox W1837 model.
Shop Fox W1837 Features
- 3450 RPM: Shop Fox W1837 can impressively cut many types of wood due to its brilliant blade speed. The saw’s speed can go up to 3450 RPM.
- Flexible Blade: This saw is a very convenient tool for cutting bevels, miters, and chamfers as its blade can be angled up to 45 degrees. It provides the woodworkers with more freedom in adjusting the angle and height of the blade.
- 2 HP Motor: Shop Fox W1837 comes with a motor with 2 HP. It can efficiently perform power cutting jobs on softwood. Additionally, it can sustain cutting through harder types of wood.
- Upper-Stand: Shop Fox W1837 offers an excellent enclosed upper-stand made from steel. It helps seal in and contains dust effectively. The stand also features flexible wings that move to stop dust to leak out on either side of the cut.
- Vacuum System: This tool gives you a maximum dust containment feature that includes an excellent functioning vacuum system. Through its 4-inch outlet, you can also pair it with your usual dust collection system.
- Caster Wheels and Riser System: Shop Fox W1837 includes built-in caster wheels and an efficient riser system. They help in adjusting its height and making movement easy-peasy.
- Mobile Base: The fence design on Shop Fox W1837 is comparable to many top options for cabinet saws, with its robustness and precision on point. The saw’s mobile base allows you to effortlessly lift off the fence with a slight push on the foot levers.
- Locking Option: You can bring the tool anywhere. Lock it on both ends for the perfect cutting experience, even if it is in a completely new place.
- Thermal Overload Protection: Another useful feature of Shop Fox W1837 is its dependable safety. It prevents overheating as it contains thermal overload protection. It also keeps the machine safe from fluctuating current.
- Riving Knife: It includes a riving knife that can be interchanged. This feature protects the user from a guard-less blade when not needed, i.e., for non-through cutting jobs. Additionally, it prevents potential kickbacks.
What Makes Shop Fox W1837 So Awesome?
The Shop Fox W1837 proves to be one of the best models of the Shop Fox company. Let’s take note of some more attractive things about it.
- Mobility and Mass: Woodworkers usually choose cabinet saws because of their durability and sheer power stability. However, they can have their disadvantages. When it comes to Shop Fox W1837, all you need to do is push down on the foot lever. The saw will rise to become mobile. Then you can move it to a new location if you want.
- Stability and Safety: The Shop Fox W1837 incorporates a quick‐release blade guard assembly. Due to its anti-kickback pawls and riving knife, the saw provides extra safety for the user.
- Budget-friendly: The Shop Fox W1837 merges all the expensive saws features into one hybrid unit at a very affordable price.
- Limits Vibration: Unlike other table saws, the Shop Fox limits its vibration with the use of the pulley system and induction motor.
How to Use Shop Fox W1837?
Shop Fox W1837 is a hybrid saw, you can get more use out of it than with a cabinet saw or standard contractor saw. However, unlike other hybrid saws, its cutting performance is on par with a standard cabinet saw. It comes with additional features that favor the woodworkers for an ultimate cutting experience.
User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Shop Fox W1837?
Before you go to buy this table saw, you will surely want to know what people are saying about it.
Most Common Complaints
- Not a Full-Sized Table Saw: As Shop Fox W1837 is a compact and hybrid unit, it cannot provide a bigger motor and rip capacity. It does not work like a full-sized table saw. Therefore, cutting off large pieces of wood with it would not be possible.
- Does not have a Reliable History: Some people complained that the product has just been released. Therefore, it does not have a reliable history. Additionally, it does not have a track record that they can account for, especially when it comes to its longevity.
Most Common Praises
- Sharp Cutting: People love Shop Fox W1837, for it can cut a depth of 3 1/4” at 90 degrees and 2 1/4” at 45 degrees.
- Less Noisy: The Shop Fox W1837 creates less vibration and noise because of its solid cast iron trunnions. Working with this tool is very peaceful.
How Much Does the Shop Fox W1837 Cost?
For its price, this brilliant table saw is a great option for both experienced woodworkers and newbies. It offers top-quality performance, enough power, and all the essential features that would meet the requirements of hobbyists or professionals.
It saves on cash, as most hybrid saws do not feature a built-in wheeled base. With the Shop Fox W1837’s high-level compatibility with the bases available in the market, getting one will cost you a few hundred dollars. You can buy the saw itself for less than $1,000.
The Shop Fox W1837’s portability and weightlessness make it convenient to move around. We would recommend it to traveling woodworkers and other operators on the go.
Why Buy the Shop Fox W1837?
The Shop Fox W1837 delivers a remarkable performance for a hybrid table saw as compared to the other contenders available in the market. Its fantastic features, such as guard system, dust collection, and precise fence design, make every cutting experience safe and hassle-free. The Shop Fox W1837 Hybrid table saw is a great return for the price you pay.
It lets you do various cutting jobs that are more than just straight cuts. It allows you to perform different kinds of woodwork with just a single tool.
Overall, the Shop Fox W1837 is among our top picks for powerful hybrid table saws. It is worth investing in because it provides you with the best of both worlds. The contractor table saw and the cabinet-style unit arrive as one compact tool.