Have you been in a situation where you found a beautiful pair of shoes that were just a little below your size?
At times like this, you are left with two options. Buy the shoe for the sake of personal preference or let go of it altogether. Which of the options would you pick?
Well, since you’re here, you wouldn’t have any reason to let go of a nice pair of shoes just because of size. It becomes even more emotional when those shoes are gifts from someone very important. You just want to try them on.
Stretching your shoes isn’t just a logical decision; it is also a remedy for those who suffer from feet issues such as bunions and calluses (Source).
Hence, here you will also learn the major considerations you need to make before deciding to buy a particular stretcher.
Best Shoe Stretchers of 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Shoe Stretchers of 2019
- 2 1. KevenAnna 2-Way Adjustable – Best Durable Shaper
- 3 2. FootFitter Premium 2-Way – Best Value for Money
- 4 3. Eachway Professional 2-Way – The Consistent One
- 5 4. MARZ 2-Way Stretcher – Best Stretcher for Bunions and Corn
- 6 5. Shoekeeper Wooden – Represents Versatility At its Best
- 7 6. Houndsbay Cedar Split Toe – The Shoe Life Prolonger
- 8 7. FootFitter Premium High Heel – Designated for High Heel Shoes
- 9 8. FootFitter Sir James – Excellent Odor and Moisture Absorber
- 10 9. Cherainti 4-Way Adjustable – Best Women’s Shoe Stretcher
- 11 10. FootFitter Cast Iron Ball & Ring – The Only Spot Stretcher on the List
- 12 Things You Should Know Before Buying a Shoe Stretcher
- 13 Our Final Review
|KavenAnna 2-Way Adjustable|
|FootFitter Premium 2-Way|
|Eachway Professional 2-Way|
|MARZ 2-Way Stretcher|
|Houndsbay Cedar Split Toe|
|FootFitter Premium High Heel|
|FootFitter Sir James|
|Cherainti 4-Way Adjustable|
|FootFitter Cast Iron Ball & Ring|
1. KevenAnna 2-Way Adjustable – Best Durable ShaperOne of the prominent reasons these KevenAnna shoe stretchers are our top pick is the fact that they are sold as a pair. The stretchers are made of polyurethane plastic and feature a steel shank. These materials guarantee that the stretchers are of high-quality which ensures long-time use.
That said, with this pair of stretchers, you can enlarge your shoes’ width and length appropriately. Plus, the stretchers themselves produce a perfectly sized shoe that doesn’t slack nor feel poor.
They come with 12 bunion/corn plugs which are used for correcting their namesake. In other words, the Keven Anna 2-Way Adjustable stretchers are a must-have for individuals suffering from bunions or corn.
2. FootFitter Premium 2-Way – Best Value for MoneyMade with a tough composition, the FootFitter Premium 2-Way shoe stretcher comes second in our list just below the KevenAnna stretcher. This product guarantees functionality and stability, thanks to the Beechwood material.
This product, in particular, has the ability to stretch in different directions; notably, it adjusts the length and width of the shoe.
Additionally, it comes with an instruction guide that can take you through the basics of the items. Therefore, it successfully eliminates any need for prior knowledge that would have otherwise led to a poor result.
Nonetheless, you should note that this stretcher is sold as a single unit, not as a pair.
On the other hand, its package comes with three bunions and corn plugs. Plus, it has14 holes which make it fantastic for customization.
3. Eachway Professional 2-Way – The Consistent OneThese are well-designed shoe stretchers that speak a language that we perfectly understand. By that, we mean they talk durability for long-term use, and their ability to stretch shoes is top-notch.
The stretchers are rightly shaped like a human foot and fit into shoes as though a foot is placed right inside. Additionally, the design of the stretchers helps prevent uneven sizes when the shoes are being stretched.
Furthermore, they come with very easy-to-follow instruction manuals that will take you through simple steps. They also come as a pair; this makes it a good purchase considering the price.
4. MARZ 2-Way Stretcher – Best Stretcher for Bunions and CornThis product from Marz comes with well-liked improvements. Shoe stretchers particularly have a certain susceptibility to being broken. However, this Marz stretcher doesn’t give you the permission to overturn the dial to ensure that it is less prone to being broken.
The product comes with bunion and corn relief pods, too, which is useful for alleviating such ailments. You can just place these pods on the stretcher in order to exert pressure on the particular spots where the issues originate. Essentially, these pods keep your toes in good shape.
This shoe widener has a steel shaft which helps to support the plastic material used in producing the stretcher. Likewise, this model is strong and can withstand impressive levels of pressure.
5. Shoekeeper Wooden – Represents Versatility At its BestThis product is sold as a single unit, and its focus is more on expanding the width of a shoe.
Nonetheless, it offers high-quality features and additional plugs that can help you expand the pressure limits of your footwear. If you have targeted a spot such for bunion or corn, these additional plugs will be valuable in helping you stretch the shoe simply by placing the shoe on the stretcher.
Additionally, with this product, you are also given another bonus which is a bottle containing conditioning spray. This helps you get your footwear primed for maximum stretching with minimum effort.
Furthermore, the wooden material used in making the shoe stretcher is sturdy when used under extreme pressure.
6. Houndsbay Cedar Split Toe – The Shoe Life ProlongerMade from cedar, these Houndsbay shoe stretchers wear a luxurious look, whilst at the same time, they’re not cheaply made to break any time soon.
Likewise this, cedar still has another function in its use as a base ingredient for the product. It does a good job of absorbing the moisture and odor found in the shoe. Therefore, it helps to prolong the shoe durability significantly.
The shoe stretchers are easy to use, too, with the pair engraved with “Left” and “Right” to aid user experience. Additionally, the stretchers perform an exceptional job in providing quality stretch that aids comfortability on your part.
7. FootFitter Premium High Heel – Designated for High Heel ShoesFootFitter is a popular name in the shoe stretcher industry. This is simply because the company offers several types of stretchers designed for various purposes. This one is the best shoe stretcher for heels.
Built with solid beechwood, the stretcher is very durable and it integrates quality design that allows for impressive features. First, it can absorb odors and moisture trapped inside the shoe. Second, it can expand your shoes for a comfortable and perfect size.
Moreover, this women’s shoe stretcher is designed to adjust the width of your shoes, which is a point you have to take into consideration. For those who have certain spots that require being stretched to ensure relief, the bunion plugs are included as well.
8. FootFitter Sir James – Excellent Odor and Moisture AbsorberThe FootFitter Sir James has a somewhat different design from what is generally noticed with shoe stretchers. However, the fact that they come from a trusted brand makes them somewhat reliable. Therefore, we did some proper research: These stretchers even do more than just expand your shoes.
They are dependable in another area due to the materials used. The stretcher is built with high-quality Tennessee Cedar, which is very effective for absorbing moisture content and bad smells from the shoe.
Nonetheless, for the primary function, the shoe stretcher effortlessly expands your shoe to the required size. Likewise, it doesn’t require that much stress on your part, which, in turn, helps with the stretcher’s lifespan.
9. Cherainti 4-Way Adjustable – Best Women’s Shoe StretcherThis is a unique product on the list that comes as the only shoe stretcher that is four-way adjustable. It can stretch the length and width of the shoes alongside its height. That said, the shoe stretcher doesn’t just expand the shoe; it doubles as a preserver when it is not being utilized for shoe stretching.
You can do this by gently lacing your footwear in order to smooth the creases. All of this is complemented by its ease of use and its ability to absorb odors and moisture.
However, do not expect this feature to be on the previous product’s level.
10. FootFitter Cast Iron Ball & Ring – The Only Spot Stretcher on the ListThis shoe stretcher from FootFitter is the only one on this list that can be used to stretch a particular spot. Made from cast iron, it is a product that does what you want it to do on both natural leather and synthetic fabric.
For instance, if you are looking to stretch your shoes’ big toe areas, the stretcher easily caters to your needs with consistency and durability.
Nevertheless, the product is a bit limiting in use, as you can only stretch a spot at a time. Therefore, you should pair this up with one of the shoe stretchers above to couple precision and overall efficiency.
Things You Should Know Before Buying a Shoe Stretcher
A set of quality shoe stretchers will save you massive amounts of time and money. And if done right, they will ensure that you seldom replace them. Also, they will help keep your favorite shoes, especially the ones you hardly wear because of size.
Now, to get such quality out of your shoe stretcher, there are certain considerations you should notice before you make a purchase.
1. Construction Material (Wood vs. Metal vs. Plastic)
You may be told to choose one material over the other. However, there really isn’t a wrong decision in any of the three. Just note that wooden stretchers last longer as they have a very firm surface.
Due result of this is that they’re not prone to being loose under intense pressure. Also, you may consider wood because it absorbs moisture and odor from the shoe.
Meanwhile, plastic is a consideration you should make if you will be traveling from place to place with the stretcher. First, plastic stretchers are easy to carry as they are lightweight. Second, pieces of plastic stretchers are more affordable when you need one.
Finally, the metal stretcher can be likened to the wooden type. It is durable and can withstand pressure. However, it is on the heavy side and could rust if not well-taken care of. The worst thing is that the rust could be transferred to the shoe lining.
If you see holes on a stretcher and you are thinking it could be a design flaw, you are wrong. Holes are used as pressure points. They give extra pressure when stretching any part of the shoe.
However, the holes could have their own disadvantage as well. The holes in a stretcher implies that the device as a whole is no more single.
Hence, it could become weak over time. You have to decide to go with a stretcher with holes or one with none. Here, the kind of material the stretcher is made of comes into play. Typically, metal stretchers with holes are better than wooden stretchers with holes.
3. Ways to Stretch
In the list above, you will see that the stretchers have different ways to stretch. Some have two, and the Cherainti has four. This determines the amount of extra space you can create. Additionally, some stretchers will expand the length and width of the shoe, while others will only expand the length or the width.
Ultimately, this depends on your personal preference.
Our Final Review
Instead of buying a shoe with looks that are typical, you should consider purchasing one that you prefer despite the size. With shoe stretchers, you can significantly expand the size of any shoe.
More so, the stretchers we have highlighted above are really the best you can get, and they do a fantastic job in stretching your shoe.
If you want the best, the KavenAnna 2-Way Adjustable is what we recommend. However, you may consider the FootFitter Cast Iron Ball & Ring if you want a piece with more precision.
Nonetheless, you will never go wrong by picking any of the items listed above. However, don’t forget to go over the things you should consider before buying a shoe stretcher.
Also, check out our guides for Boot Scrapers out there!