A Selenite lamp is an aesthetic, soothing, and translucent white-light emitter. This special lamps are gypsum-crafted and can not only light up your room but also lift your mood, soothe your spirit, and offer you mental and physical balance.
A selenite lamp composes—chemically, of Calcium-Sulphate—also known as mineral gypsum, and is often found in Paris’ old house cement and plasters.
Selenite lamps’ uniqueness is in their glow—surreal, non-intrusive, gentle, soft, soothing, translucent, quiet, and aesthetic, making them one of the best home-crystal you can purchase.
The translucent glow of selenite lamps is great for balancing out the REM blue light you get when using your phone, television, and computer screen. A Selenite lamp effectively balances out the aforementioned blue lights and makes the room less-light intrusive.
Selenite lamps are also great for shooting movies and photo scenes, as they make indoor shoots aesthetically pleasing, and block out unnecessary harsh lights.
How Do they work?
Table of Contents
- 1 How Do they work?
- 2 Our Number 1 Choice
- 3 DIY Selenite Lamps
- 4 Difference Between Himalayan Salt Lamps and Selenite Lamps
- 5 Selenite Lamps Buyer Guide
- 6 Taking care of your selenite lamp
- 7 FREQUENT Q&A
The word selenite is carved from “selene,” a Greek word that means moon, and “lithos,” another Greek word that means stone; hence, selenite means moonstone. The moonstone is the peak crystal stone for cleansing. Its subtle power can be felt whenever you hold the stone.
Selenite’s abilities go beyond its raving aesthetics. It is also great for clearing the air of any auric, negative, and congesting, energy, and building a positive power grid in your home. Although there is no scientific backing for the next claim, selenite aligns the spine, neutralizing Mercury poisoning. The stone is great for stress relief and meditation.
Our Number 1 Choice
- Our best pick for the selenite lamp is the Elvissmart Natural Selenite Curved Crystal Laithmp w Dimmer Switch. Elvissmart, in recent years, has become one of the best companies for selling Himalayan lamps, selenite lamps, and other aesthetic lamps and products. Here are the features of the product:
- The elvissmart natural selenite crystal lamp is hand-carved and made from pure gypsum crystal stone with the ability to cleanse your mind and release all negative energy around you.
- The elvissmart selenite lamp has the soothing and calming effect that will get you to a place of peace, balance your emotions, calm your nerves, and relieve you of worries and stress. The crystal is also great for meditation.
- The Elvissmart Natural Selenite is hand-carved and has a dimmer switch that is ETL certified and can remove energy blockages in your body, giving you a still and positive system. The Selenite lamp is also excellent for preventing and healing from epileptic seizures.
- WBM LLC-Accelerator, producers of the Elvissmart hand curved selenite lamp has excellent customer relation service, and they will help you through your pre-purchase and post-purchase process.
- The brand offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to people who wish to return the product.
- Weight: 4.32 pounds; dimension: 4.25 by 4.25 by 7.5 inches; price: $34.99; size: 2-4 LBS; color: white; voltage: 120 Volts; Wattage: 15 watts; included components: electrical cors, 15W bulb, user manual, and selenite lamp.
DIY Selenite Lamps
Selenite lamps are complicated chemical substances, and each lamp is often cut from a bigger one. There are different videos online that will teach you how to make one by yourself at home; however, it is much more advisable to purchase one if you want one, rather than attempting to make one by yourself. While you may be able to make a selenite lamp at home and achieve a soft white glow, you definitely would not be able to infuse the spiritual power possessed within the original stone. Also, selenite lamps have cleansing abilities that can only be sustained if properly cut.
It is advisable that you do not try to make one by yourself; however, if you insist or are an enthusiastic learner, below is a link that should help you achieve the best selenite lamp feel.
Difference Between Himalayan Salt Lamps and Selenite Lamps
Selenite lamps are very much different from Himalayan salt lamps. Each stone has different properties, health benefits, glow, and physical and chemical compositions.
The Differences in Appearance
The primary difference between a selenite lamp and a Himalayan salt lamp is their appearance. Himalayan salt lamps are cut from Himalayan salt crystals found mostly in the Himalayan regions of the world. These lamps are often carved out from the genuine crystals, and different sizes are sold to buyers. Selenite lamps offer translucent or opaque white light that is often carved from natural selenite (although various brands are making synthetic selenite matters that give the glow found only in natural selenite.
Difference in properties
Himalayan salt lamps are naturally hygroscopic lamps that can absorb water molecules from the air, providing your atmosphere with clean and purified air, free of dust, dirt, and other impurities. Himalayan lamps are also known to generate negative ions. Negative ions widely and positively impact your health and well-being. Himalayan lamps can also boost your mood, improve your sleep’s length and quality, and give you a general sense of wellness.
Selenite lamps, on the other hand, are neither hygroscopic nor do they have the ability to generate negative ions. Selenite lamps are more renowned for cleansing capacity, and exposure of your body and mind to positive and calming energy. The spiritual essence of the selenite lamp is magnanimous. Selenite lamps are also great for spiritual and mental activities like meditation, and they can help you reach the state of Nirvana—absolute peace.
Selenite Lamps Buyer Guide
If you want to purchase a selenite lamp, you must precisely understand your needs and situation. Various people have various requirements, and often, most selenite stores can offer you Selenite lamps that fit your utmost needs and desires.
For example, a selenite lamp can be purchased with size, glow, and durability in mind. While all selenite lamps should always be used in-doors—as moisture spoil them, some are more durable than others. If you have a small space, a small-sized lamp may be best suitable for you; if you have a large space, a larger lamp may be more effective for lighting the whole room.
Before you make an online purchase, ensure you read reviews on the product you want to buy. Most online stores like Amazon allow buyers to rate products. If a lot of customers give a raving review, then you can make a buying decision. Also, confirm:
- If any accessories come with the lamp.
- The warranty and guaranty terms of the company selling the lamp.
- Size of the product.
- Customer friendliness of the company selling the lamp.
Selenite lamps are usually simple to use. You need to place them in the most suitable part of the house.
Taking care of your selenite lamp
Selenite lamps may not look fragile, but they are essential to your spirit’s health—for those who understand their immense power. Below are tips that will help you properly care for your selenite lamps.
- Do not use outside: Selenite lamps are strictly indoor materials and should be used exactly as stated. They can get ruined if exposed to moisture.
- Clean with a cloth or air blower: Do not use moisture in your cleaning process. A cloth or a hair blower should do the trick.
What are the Benefits of using a Selenite Lamp?
- A selenite lamp is beneficial to mood-lifting.
- They can be used during meditation.
- A selenite lamp is excellent stress relief material.
- Selenite lamps offer essential aesthetic lighting in homes.
- A Selenite Lamp is therapeutic.
- Selenite lamps gives a white translucent glow and reverses the harsh effects of blue lights emitted from your computer, phone, and television.
- A selenite lamp infuses positive chakra into your souls and aligns your spirit. It’s an excellent tool for spiritual activities—like attaining Nirvana.
- Lights up your living room and bedroom subtly and gently.
Where do I place a selenite lamp?
A selenite lamp should only be used indoors—and not outdoors. When exposed to moisture—through rain, they will dissolve. Ensure that when indoors, a selenite lamp is placed away from appliances that let out water, for example, a refrigerator.
Do selenite lamps melt?
No, the lamps will not melt; however, it can dissolve when exposed to water.
Selenite lamps are becoming popular for their mood-lifting abilities, stress alleviation tendencies, aesthetics, and many more. Learn everything there is to know about selenite lamps today.