The Schwinn GTX 3 is a great all-purpose bike that handles well in different types of riding scenarios. This bike can be used around the city, up in the mountains, and so on. The versatility, affordability, and overall quality are all great reasons to consider this bike.
Generally, people who purchase this bike are on tighter budgets which cannot afford the nicest models priced upwards of $1,000 and more. As we will explore in this Schwinn GTX 3 review, this model is both affordable and reasonably high-quality.
In order to see if this is the right bike for your needs, you will need to learn some things about bikes, what a reasonable set of features looks like, and how to determine whether or not a bike is worth the price asked for.
On this page, we will break down everything that you need to know about this bike. In addition, we will explore all the most noteworthy features and how they match up to its main competitors.
Schwinn GTX 3 Bike Specs
- Weight: 46 pounds
- Dimensions: 43 x 25.5 x 70 inches
- Gear system: 21-speed
- Frame: Aluminum
- Rims: 700c Alloy Wheels
- Suspension: Yes
Schwinn’s Other Models Available
As we can see, the Schwinn GTX 3 Bike matches up pretty well to the competitors in terms of its features. For the purposes of our review, let’s switch our focus back to this model.
Schwinn GTX 3 Bike Features
The features of this bike are very typical in what we would expect in a medium-quality bike like this one. To help you decide if this is the right bike for your needs, let’s go ahead and take an in-depth look at the top features of the Schwinn GTX 3 Bike.
Strong Frame: One of the marks of a low-quality bike is found right in the frame. If it is made with anything other than metal or metal-like materials, this should be an immediate red flag. This bike has a strong aluminum frame which is also lightweight enough for some serious speed!
Lots of Speed: This is a 21-speed bicycle, which is very good for a bike of this caliber. Usually, bikes within this same price range will be around 7-speed or less. Since this bike is naturally faster than many of the competitors and comes at an affordable price,
Suspension: Having suspension on the bike will grant you the ability to go out on bumpy roads. Since this bike comes with Schwinn it is wonderful for navigating on less-than-perfect city roads. In addition, it can bee used in rougher terrain.
Powerful Brakes: The disc brakes that are included in this model have lots of padding and are really powerful! If you need to make a sudden stop in order to save your life, this is a great bike for the job! One side of the brakes are much more powerful than the other for this reason.
What Makes the Schwinn GTX 3 Bike So Awesome
Although there are clearly lots of reasons that this bike is so high-quality, let’s go ahead and break down three things which we think makes this model so heavily worth considering.
- Affordable Price – The price is one of the main selling points of this bike. If you want a great deal on a bike, this is a great option.
- Nice Gear System – The 21-speed gear system of this bike will likely provide more than enough power than you can handle. If you don’t believe us, try going all the way up to the highest gear and see if your leg muscles can handle it!
- Strong Aluminum Frame – Aluminum is a wonderful frame material for bikes since it is both lightweight and strong. Aluminum frames are generally much easier to go fast on than steel or heavier metal materials!
How to Install Your New Schwinn GTX 3 Bike
Once you get your brand-new Schwinn GTX 3 Bike, you will need to set up certain parts on your own at home. For your reference, let’s go ahead and look at the basic steps you need to be aware of in order to set up your new bike.
1. Attach Pedals to the Frame
Right away, the first thing you need to do when you take the bike out of the box is to attach the pedals. This is very easily done. All that you need to do is match up the right pedal with the right crank and then attach it all to the frame.
2. Ensure the Brakes Are Attached.
Usually, the brake system will arrive with your new bike all set up and ready to go. Simply check the wires and that the brake handles actually activate the brakes before going out for your first spin.
3. Tighten the Handle Bars
The last thing you need to do before you are ready to use your new bike is to attach the handlebars. If they aren’t already installed in the box, simply attach them without tangling up the brake cables. Then, simply tighten them up using the included tools.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About Schwinn GTX 3 Bike
The comments and experiences of the community are often how we will be able to predict a product’s quality. The same definitely holds true here with the Schwinn GTX 3. Here are some of the most common complaints and praises that people make when reviewing this bike.
You Most Common Complaints
- Installation: Many people buy a bike like this thinking that it will come installed and ready to use. However, to be able to put the bike into a reasonably-sized box, there were certain parts that are detached. It only takes 10 – 15 minutes to install at home.
- Faulty Chain: Just like other bikes of this caliber, it is common for problems with the chain to come about. If you wish
Most Common Praises
- Affordability: Considering how durable and high-quality this bike, it has a very reasonable price. This is also one of the most widely-acclaimed features of this bike.
- Gear System: This bike has a 21-speed gear system that lets you work up through 3 different tiers of 7 gears. This is a pretty standard gear system to find on bikes that are priced much higher than this one is.
- Smooth Riding: The suspension system that this bike comes with is one of the reasons that many people have had great experiences with it. It is especially great for paved roads that have a few bumps here and there.
How Much Does Schwinn GTX 3 Bike Cost?
As we have made clear throughout this whole Schwinn GTX 3 review, the price of this bike is a lot more reasonable than many of its competitors. Expect to spend anywhere between $200 – 400 for this bike, depending on the exact features and model you choose.
Ready to Take a New Bike out for a Spin?
This is a great all-around bike that can be used for a wide variety of jobs. Whether you are cruising through the city or taking a ride out into a hiking trail, the Schwinn GTX 3 is a great choice to keep in mind.
Leave a Reply