Grating cheese without the proper tools to do it can be huge pain in the neck. Finding the best rotary cheese grater is your go-to solution if you’re having issues with this kitchen job, and we’re here to help you out.
We’ve made a list of the best rotary cheese graters available on the market – with some of them being able to shred other types of food as well.
It would not be fair to judge a rotary cheese grater on the same ground as you judge regular graters. These tools tend to be faster and more efficient – they’re made to ease your job in the kitchen simply by shredding your cheese just by moving a mechanism (Source).
A well-manufactured rotary cheese grater will greatly reduce the time you spend shredding cheese. Take your time deciding which one you really want, as it could end up being one of your all-time favorite appliance purchases.
We’ll be breaking down the features of five different products. First, though, let’s overview all of them so you can get a better idea of their best features.
Best Rotary Cheese Graters 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Rotary Cheese Graters 2019
- 2 1. Westmark Multipurpose Heavy Duty Rotary Cheese & Vegetable Grater – Best Overall
- 3 2. Ikea Stralande rotary grater – Best on Budget
- 4 3. ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater – Best Restaurant Grater
- 5 4. SLC Swift Rotary Drum Grater – Best Multipurpose Grater
- 6 5. Rotary Cheese Grater – LOVKITCHEN Vegetable Cheese Cutter – Best Classic Grater
- 7 Things To Consider Before Purchasing a Rotary Cheese Grater
- 8 Our Final Review
Westmark Multipurpose Heavy Duty
Grates in three different shapes &
Very easy to clean
Ikea Stralande rotary grater, white
Works with many types of foods
ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater
SLC Swift Rotary Drum Grater
Grips to any surface
|Rotary Cheese Grater by LOVKITCHEN|
1. Westmark Multipurpose Heavy Duty Rotary Cheese & Vegetable Grater – Best OverallAlthough at first glance this rotary cheese grater might look extremely complicated to use, nothing could be farther from the truth than that. Westmark Multipurpose Grater offers its users a variety of different options to quickly grate cheese without any sort of trouble.
It works with many different types of food as well, so it’s an overall good addition to your kitchen.
This cheese grater comes with three legs. These are equipped with rubber at the end. This way, the device can stay in one place even when it’s on. It’s also conveniently made out of plastic in some areas where steel or metal could prove to be troublesome. The manufacture quality of the product is definitely one of its strongest assets.
It can grate cheese pretty quickly and doesn’t require the user to put in too much effort. You might need to check beneath the blades before cleaning the grater – sometimes food gets stuck there when it becomes too thin!
2. Ikea Stralande rotary grater – Best on BudgetThis grater, manufactured by home-masters IKEA, is as small as it is easy to use. It comes in a size big enough to easily grate chunks of cheese without any trouble. It’s one of those traditional graters with a sided manual rotation mechanism, but it isn’t hard to operate by any means.
In fact, some people might find this device easier to use than many automatic rotary cheese graters that you can find online. All you need to do is put whatever you like to grate inside the mechanism, and turn the handle until it’s done. It shouldn’t even feel hard to operate the rotary system, even with hard cheese such as parmesan.
If you fear that the handle could get detached while using it, fear not. The handle should comfortably stay attached to the device even after years of constant use.
It works well with hard cheese as well as soft cheese and, most importantly, it isn’t expensive at all!
3. ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater – Best Restaurant GraterThis rotary cheese grater is manufactured as a professional device which you can get for a very affordable price. You might be wondering the difference between a traditional grater and a restaurant-level grater, so we’ll clear that up for you: the grater’s plastic components are much sturdier and the blades are incredibly sharp.
This cheese grater can be used to shred many types of food, but its most important feature isn’t its versatility – it’s its durability.
It can be operated very comfortably; the owner shouldn’t get tired at all when grating cheese with this practical tool. You don’t even need to clean it after each use, unless you’ve just grated food that gets sticky.
This grater will shred your cheese and make it easy for you to pour it on your pasta or pizza. Once you’re done eating, it can be cleaned up very easily. Use it on a daily basis or don’t, the product will hold together for a long time in either case!
4. SLC Swift Rotary Drum Grater – Best Multipurpose GraterThis easy-to-operate rotary cheese grater comes with three different accessories which help you choose the shape in which your cheese will come out. All of the pieces can fit many different types of cheese and food, allowing you to cook with a lot more versatility. They are easily detachable as well – washing them shouldn’t be an issue at all.
As most of these devices, the SLC Swift Grater is operated by turning the handle on its side by hand. It’s very efficient and shreds cheese incredibly quickly.
The bottom of the grater is covered with a special fabric that easily sticks to any surface by suction. No matter how much you move the device while operating it, the grater will stick to whichever surface you have it standing on. It’s incredibly useful for those who tend to move a lot while manually operating these devices.
5. Rotary Cheese Grater – LOVKITCHEN Vegetable Cheese Cutter – Best Classic GraterThis cheese grater is very similar to the IKEA product that we reviewed earlier in this list. It’s actually a very simple tool which resembles the traditional cheese graters that have been used for decades. It offers a simple design and a very easy-to-use mechanism in which the user only needs to rotate the handle and watch the food come out shredded.
This rotary cheese grater is very compact and can be carried around or put away very easily. Although the device is pretty simple, it still comes with three different options to choose from as many other top-quality graters do.
We’ve only spoken wonders about this grater, so why isn’t it higher up on the list? There are actually two reasons for it.
The first one is that the cheese grater is very hard to wash. The manufacturer recommends using hot water and a sponge, but even then, some traces of food might be found on the grater.
The second reason is that it doesn’t really work as well with other types of food. Although we’re mainly focusing on cheese graters in this list, the other products that we’ve reviewed are very versatile and multipurpose.
Things To Consider Before Purchasing a Rotary Cheese Grater
Now that you know which products are the best rotary cheese graters on the market, we’ll help you decide how to choose the one that better works for you.
All you need to do is take into consideration all of the features that we’re about to mention and prioritize which one you think is more important to you.
The grater’s comfort
A grater’s comfort is heavily linked to its handle and the way it operates. If the handle is easy to turn and it doesn’t make the owner work too hard when shredding, the device will feel very comfortable at use.
You should also try to purchase a product which better suits your preferred hand – say, if you’re a lefty, look for a grater which can be operated with your left hand. Some products are made to be used with the right hand – be aware of this before purchasing.
If your rotary cheese grater manages to shred things quickly, you’ll end up feeling much less tired than you would with other less efficient tools. In this case, all of the rotary cheese graters that we reviewed are extremely efficient, so you can choose whichever one you like the most based on their other features.
Bigger rotary cheese graters are more likely to shred bigger chunks of cheese and other types of food. If you tend to grate a bunch of cheese, you might want to consider one of the bigger options. These large graters are ideal for those owners who have large families and need to have a bunch of shredded cheese ready all the time.
Having to replace kitchen appliances is always very inconvenient. Low-quality rotary cheese graters tend to break down quickly – particularly the rotary mechanism itself. Look for high quality products to avoid any issues of these sorts.
Getting the remnants of the food that you shredded off your grater can be incredibly difficult. The design of a rotary cheese grater often defines how easy to wash it is. Thankfully, most of the products that we’ve reviewed can be cleaned without too much fuss!
You don’t really need to spend a fortune on a rotary cheese grater. We’ve provided you with some great options that don’t cost a lot of money but still manage to offer good quality and a lot of versatility!
Our Final Review
Finding a high-quality rotary cheese grater might not be as difficult as you think, but finding one at a good price could be troublesome if you don’t know where to look. We’ve given you all the tools that you need to decide which rotary grater works best for you, and which products you should avoid at all cost.
If you take into consideration every feature that we mentioned, you should be able to quickly come up with a decision on which product to purchase. In fact, if you’re reading this, you probably already know by now!
Have you made your purchase already? Which of these products are you planning on buying? We know some are different than others, and we’d like you to share with us which one you like the most!