A table saw is an efficient tool that enables you to cut wood cleaner and more precise. The RIDGID R4512 is quiet, produces virtually no vibrations, and makes fantastic cuts.
This saw is considered the best in its class. The RIDGID R4512 table saw cuts well enough to appeal to a novice and meet the expectations of a professional.
It consistently delivers enough power to cut through even exotic hardwoods. Below we have given a detailed review of the RIDGID R4512. Consider this information before choosing the table saw that meets your needs.
RIDGID R4512 Specs
Table of Contents
- 1 RIDGID R4512 Specs
- 2 RIDGID’s Models Available
- 3 RIDGID R4512 Features
- 4 What Makes the RIDGID R4512 So Awesome
- 5 How to Use the RIDGID R4512
- 6 User Feedback & Reviews
- 7 How Much Does the RIDGID R4512 Cost?
- 8 Why Buy the RIDGID R4512?
The RIDGID R4512 has the following specifications.
- Weight (lb): 267
- Motor: 13 Amp (120V)
- Speed (RPM): 3,450
- Dimensions (in): 46.3 x 30.6 x 37.2
- Blade Diameter (in): 10
- Dado Capacity: Up to 13/16 in.
- Arbor Size (in): 5/8
- Dust Port (in): 4
- Warranty (mos.): 3-Year Limited Warranty and Lifetime Service Guarantee
RIDGID’s Models Available
Here we have compared some of the alternatives to the RIDGID R4512.
This review is specifically about the RIDGID R4512. Therefore, we will examine all of the features of this model in detail.
RIDGID R4512 Features
The RIDGID 13-Amp table saw is a professional option for both weekend woodworkers and contractors. Let’s take a look at its amazing features below.
A 13-Amp enclosed fan-cooled induction motor is powerful enough to move through dense materials with ease. It is capable of outputting 3.8 horsepower.
This table saw has a flat, cast-iron surface that is well-finished and polished. Other parts of this machine are made from steel and aluminum.
One Step Mobility
A single action foot pedal allows you to easily adjust to your preferred position. Castor wheels are heavy-duty, secure, and stable.
What Makes the RIDGID R4512 So Awesome
The RIDGID R4512 is highly recommended. The following is a list of the qualities people love the most.
This saw delivers more cutting capacity than what you would typically expect from an amateur table saw. The blade has a 45° bevel capacity, and it can cut at a depth of 2.25 inches.
With the maximum rip cut capacity, you can extend yourself up to 30 in. to the right and 15 in. to the left.
The 4-in. universal dust port allows you to connect to a shop-vac to collect dust and debris. This feature promotes a clean workspace and uncontaminated air.
When you purchase the R4512 table saw, you also receive the following: magnetic push stick, 10” carbide tipped blade, blade wrenches, hex keys, miter gauge, rip fence, blade guard assembly, wheel castor set, stand, and left and right extension tables.
You get a 3-year warranty and lifetime service agreement when you register your tool.
How to Use the RIDGID R4512
Read the RIDGID R4512 manual for assembly, operation, and maintenance tips.
This RIDGID table saw is a breeze to set up. If you take your time and follow the instructions, the assembly will not be an issue. This tool is heavy and will require two or more people to unbox and assemble. After putting the pieces together, give yourself ample time to align and adjust the parts.
Here are a few quick and easy steps to using your table saw for the first time:
Move the saw into your work area.
After moving into place, release and set the wheels. Then, plug into a 120V grounded wall outlet.
Choose the right blade and select the correct height for your cut.
The blade depth should be set so that the outer points are approximately 1/8 to 1/4 in. higher than the piece of wood. After lining up the blade, lock it into place.
Prepare your workpiece.
Marking your wood ensures you get the result you’re looking for. It is also a useful practice for when you are cutting multiple pieces of wood at one time.
Set and lock the fence guard.
After locking the fence guard in place, position your board firmly against the fence at the edge of the table.
Cut your workpiece.
Push the board forward with your right hand, keeping it against the fence with your left hand.
Turn the machine off.
Shut the motor off as soon as the last part of the board gets past the blade. When the machine has come to a complete stop, use your push stick to move the pieces away from the blade.
Clean the dust chute.
Periodically inspect the chute and remove sawdust to prevent buildup. This will also ensure that large debris doesn’t block the chute entrance.
- Keep your work area clean and uncluttered to reduce the risk of injury.
- Never operate machinery when animals or children are in sight.
- Always wear eye protection with side shields to prevent dust and debris from going into your eyes.
- Never stand directly over the saw blade. If the saw blade becomes jammed, pinched, or misaligned, it can produce a “kickback.” Always stand with your body on the same side of the saw blade as the fence.
Now, you are ready to operate your RIDGID saw. Please watch the following video for unboxing and start-up assistance.
User Feedback & Reviews
Customers have provided both negative and positive feedback regarding this table saw. We have listed some of the most popular comments below.
Most Common Complaints
- Challenging to Assemble: The RIDGID R4512 table saw comes unassembled and can be time-consuming to put together. The instructions do not provide enough details and are difficult to understand.
- Requires a “tune-up” before use: Users report making multiple adjustments before the machine is ready to cut.
These modifications include: filing down the rip fence indicator insert, adjusting the bevel indicator, and altering the parallel of the blade.
Once the saw is dead on square and level, it is ready-to-go.
- Fence Measurements are Incorrect: The left and right fence do not line up properly. They require slight modifications before use to move evenly and smoothly.
Most Common Praises
- Great Price: Customers agree that for the price range, this is a great saw. It’s less expensive than a rigidly mounted table saw.
- Quiet: Extremely quiet in comparison to other table saws.
- Easy to Move: Convenient size makes it easy to maneuver in small shops. This portable table saw is not too large or heavy.
- Accurate and Precise Cuts: Better precision than many contractor saws. It doesn’t vibrate and is exceptionally sturdy, providing accurate cuts every time.
How Much Does the RIDGID R4512 Cost?
RIDGID tools are well-designed and durable. Since 1923, this American manufacturer has produced and distributed over 300 tools. Safety and performance are a top priority in their product design.
The RIDGID R4512 table saw can be purchased for under $900. The quality and attention to detail make this mid-priced table saw a cut above the rest.
The Lifetime Service Guarantee is a selling point that will often tip the scales when comparing to other similar brands.
Why Buy the RIDGID R4512?
The RIDGID R4512 is a great product that exceeds expectations. For general construction, it is the obvious choice. The 120V motor packs quite a punch and produces plenty of power. It makes straight cuts.
The angle adjustments and blade height work as intended. This saw can be the catalyst for those who desire to progress from novice to serious woodworking.