If you are in search of a portable pedal-sized amp head under $200, take the time to check the Quilter MicroBlock 45.
Quilter has been around for quite a while, offering popular amplifier heads like MicroBlock 101 and 200. They have taken their awesome Tri-Q equalizer and put it in a smaller package. That’s how the MicroBlock 45 has been developed.
Don’t let the size fool you. This small guitar amp packs a punch with its class-D amplification and high-impedance input. Offering a guitar-friendly serious power plant in a pedal enclosure, the MB-45 is a great deal indeed.
With 45W into 4 ohms and 33W into 8 ohms, MicroBlock 45 has many applications. For instance, it can be used as a practice amp, utility power amplifier, headphone driver, and so on. It can even serve well as a backup emergency amp.
This makes it a complete miniature amplifier coming in a small package. As a guitarist, you will be able to dial in a varied spectrum of tones – from soaring overdrive to clean tone – by virtue of Tri-Q Master Volume Controls.
Want to know more about the Quilter MicroBlock 45? Let’s take a look and see what else this small guitar amp offers.
Quilter Labs MicroBlock 45 Specs
Table of Contents
- 1 Quilter Labs MicroBlock 45 Specs
- 2 Quilter Labs MicroBlock 45 Features
- 3 Best Features of the Quilter MicroBlock 45
- 4 User Feedback & Reviews:
- 5 How Much Does the Quilter MicroBlock 45 Cost?
- 6 Wrapping it up: Why Buy Quilter Labs MicroBlock 45?
- Type: Solid State
- Power Supply: 24 Volt DC (included)
- Total Power: 45 Watts
- Number of Channels: One
- EQ: Tri-Q Master Volume Controls
- Construction Material: Cast Aluminum
- Outputs: 1×1/4″ (speaker out)
- Inputs: 1×1/4″, 1×1/8″ (aux)
- Headphones: 1×1/8″
- Item Dimensions: 9.25″ x 6.25″ x 2.25″
- Item Weight: 1.82 pounds
Quilter Labs MicroBlock 45 Features
- Tri-Q volume control provides a variety of voicings from lead boost to mid-scoop
- Class-D amplification for supreme dynamics and efficiency
- Gain control includes everything from overdrive to clean
- High-impedance input for complete pickup response
- Harmonic voicing and Smooth overdrive for authentic performance
- Headphone output and Aux input jack for added versatility
- The universal power supply
- Die-cast aluminum chassis
Best Features of the Quilter MicroBlock 45
Despite being small in size, the MicroBlock 45 is loaded with a lot of features. You will be surprised by how many features and functions are packed into this ‘compact box.’
That will give you an opportunity to enjoy unlimited playing pleasure. Besides, you’ll be able to embed your amplification into different kinds of portable devices, including those that run on batteries.
Listed below are the key features of this guitar amplifier that set it apart from the rest.
Great Flexibility – For maximum flexibility, the MicroBlock 45 comes with an entirely protected speaker output. It can be employed as a utility amplifier for any headphones, as well as a general-purpose playback amp.
Tri-Q Master Volume Controls – Aside from offering a great tone-shaping potential, Tri-Q controls will also give you a chance to ditch pedals from your board.
Amazing Backup for Guitar Combo Amps – If you’re looking to beef up your combo amp, the Quilter Labs MicroBlock 45 would be an exceptional backup solution for you. Serving you as backup equipment, this amplifier will ensure that the show goes on.
Ideal for Practice Sessions – The MicroBlock 45 is not only an excellent backup amp. It is perfect for practice sessions alike. All you need to do is plug in your guitar and connect headphones.
Flexible & Versatile Guitar Amp
As a complete guitar amplifier, MicroBlock 45 is capable of filling everything from a small club to a living room and bedroom. It drives any 16-ohm, 8-ohm, or 4-ohm speaker cabinet.
Whether you want to drive dual 12-inch speakers for a smooth band rehearsal or a single 10-inch speaker for personal guitar practice, this flexible amp will suit the purpose just fine. What’s more, it can drive a bigger 4×12″ speaker load on a typical festival stage without any problem.
You can use either the mini-jack or guitar input according to your needs. It can also be used as a distortion pedal. For line output, you need to use the headphone jack.
Intuitive Volume Controls
This device combines Gain with Master and Tri-Q to provide you with wide-range volume controls. Gain can go all the way from clean to soaring distortion. Start with a clean guitar tone and peg the gain while using Master for dirty crunchy sound.
While the Master will take you from zero up to full output, Tri-Q will go from lead boost to clean blackface tone. Most importantly, neither clean tone nor overdrive will change when making a switch.
As a result, you will have full control over what you’re playing. The intuitive volume controls make this amp ideal for either playing out or practice.
Great Backup Amp for Gigs
Are you the kind of person who gigs regularly with combo amps? Chances are good that you will encounter an amp problem while playing a gig at some point in your life. However, that doesn’t mean you should bring along another amp with you for peace of mind.
Instead of replacing your main amplifier in the event of a failure, make use of the MicroBlock if a problem arises. Always have it ready for your gigs. Disconnect the internal speaker of your combo amplifier and connect this backup amp in place of it.
This way, you can proceed with your gig when running into trouble. Rather than hauling a redundant gear, use your combo amplifier as a loudspeaker cabinet if needed.
Headphone Out & Aux Input
By combining these two features, the MicroBlock 45 makes it easy to practice guitar routine. Before starting your guitar practice sessions, you need to hook up headphones (your output) and plug in a guitar as well.
Alternatively, you can pair this guitar amp with your smartphone using the aux input. Jam along with your band or backing tracks.
User Feedback & Reviews:
Most Common Complaints
- Sustain issues: Some users have reported that the amp shortened the length of their guitar sustain. That may cause the string unable to vibrate for an extended period of time.
- The clean tone could be better: Up to the overdrive, the tone is excellent thanks to Tri-Q Master volume controls. Nevertheless, some users find a clean tone a bit honky and dark.
Most Common Praises
- Easy to use: Most people find it easy to use. Simply connect this pedal-sized amp to just about any speaker cabinet and you are all set to rock.
- Good power output: So small but so loud. That’s what people said about this efficient guitar amp. While it’s not as mighty as the Quilter Tone Block 200, the output is still powerful considering the size.
- Excellent sound: The tone is alive and punchy. You will have peace of mind knowing that your tone won’t change when you’re dialing back the master controls.
- Highly portable: Are you tired of dragging heavy combo amplifiers to gigs? If so, the MicroBlock 45 will make your life a whole lot easier. At only 1.82 pounds, this compact guitar amp is easy to carry around.
How Much Does the Quilter MicroBlock 45 Cost?
For this guitar amplifier, you can expect to pay anywhere from 150$ to 200$. It is one of the simplest and cheapest amps offered by the Quilter Labs.
Wrapping it up: Why Buy Quilter Labs MicroBlock 45?
As its name suggests, this product is designed as a micropower sounding amp. With Tri-Q Master controls and a proper preamp, it provides a decent sounding output that will live up to your expectations.
Combining an ultra-compact design with a great tone, this small pedal-sized amp is a good solution for both gigging guitarists and at-home players. It is particularly suitable for smaller gigs.
If you are looking for a compact yet powerful and versatile guitar amp, the Quilter MicroBlock 45 is a worthwhile investment. This incredible little beast will be a nice addition to your music gear.
Leave a Reply