Quesadilla is quickly becoming a staple food in most households all over the world.
For any cold winter night, you will need the best quesadilla maker to warm up you gooey quesadilla. This equipment is ideal for use with leftovers, especially when making an early morning breakfast (Source).
Unlike before, the good news is that you no longer need to visit your local Mexican joint to curb your cravings. With a few ingredients and the right quesadilla maker, you can quickly prepare these treats at home for your family.
By a right quesadilla maker, we imply one that features nonstick plates, good construction materials and make, perfect sizing and offers effective cleanup and performance.
Thankfully, we have outlined some of the best models, after several considerations, to help you find the device you’ll love.
Best Quesadilla Makers 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Quesadilla Makers 2018
- 2 1. George Foreman Electric Quesadilla Maker – Best Multipurpose
- 3 2. Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker – Budget-Friendly
- 4 3. Nostalgia EQM200 Electric Quesadilla Maker – Best for the Money
- 5 4. Black and Decker Quesadilla Maker – Best Alternative to Restaurant Quesadillas
- 6 5. Brentwood TS Quesadilla Maker – Lightweight Quesadilla Maker
- 7 6. Bella 13506 Quesadilla Maker – Packed with Features
- 8 7. Santa Fe QM2R – High-End Quesadilla Maker
- 9 8. Elite Cuisine EQD Quesadilla Maker – Best for Large Quesadillas
- 10 9. Betty Crocker BC – 2958CR – Most Versatile
- 11 10. El-Paso 10023 – Best for Experimenting with New Recipes
- 12 Things to Consider Before Buying a Quesadilla Maker
- 13 Our Final Review
|George Foreman Electric Quesadilla Maker|
|Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker|
Locking lid with edge-sealing rings
|Nostalgia EQM200 Electric Quesadilla Maker|
8-inch cooking surface
|Black And Decker Quesadilla Maker|
Press and seal lines
Slip resistance grips
|Brentwood TS Appliances Quesadilla Maker|
Built-in temperature control
|Bella 13506 Quesadilla Maker|
|Santa Fe QM2R Quesadilla Maker|
|Elite Cuisine EQD Quesadilla Maker|
Non-stick top and bottom surface
|Betty Crocker BC – 2958CR Quesadilla Maker|
|El-Paso 10023 Quesadilla Maker|
Included recipe with great quesadilla ideas
1. George Foreman Electric Quesadilla Maker – Best MultipurposeYearn to add some class and style to your kitchen with the George Foreman Electric Quesadilla Maker. The maker comes in a gorgeous color combination of cherry red and black, perhaps a reason for the extra boldness in your cooking space.
This is an efficient, easy to clean and large enough tool to accommodate the largest tortillas. Due to this, it is suitable for enthusiasts and fans of Mexican dishes. You will not only like the product due to its outstanding quality but also its great looks as well as outstanding cooking results.
The maker can prepare large 10-inch quesadillas within 5 minutes, perhaps an easier way of satisfying your family and guests’ hunger. To prevent the quesadilla from squeezing out all the fillings, you will have to tone down to an appropriate size. Despite supporting a limited amount of filling, the cheese included gets full justice by spreading its delicacy constituency throughout the boundaries.
Whereas such cheesy gooeyness is what everyone likes from quesadillas, it is what makes these items cleaning a nightmare. However, to eliminate such nuisance, the maker features a non-stick cooking surface that lowers its cleaning to some wipes across the surface.
Apart from the warm quesadillas, this maker can help you make crunchy snacks and appetizers. You can also get more creative with endless ingredients and spies in the six deep-dish pockets of the maker.
2. Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker – Budget-FriendlyEver since Hamilton has been manufacturing small and compact kitchen appliances. Therefore, it is no surprise that the Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker comes in this size and compact nature. The maker is designed for small tortillas in mind and works well with six to eight-inch tortillas.
With the maker, you can make six wedges of quesadillas once, saving a lot of time. The maker has two lights, the power and preheat lights, that lets you know when the machine is ready. All you need to do is place the tortilla at the center; pour some cheese, meat, vegetables, beans or other items.
Proceed by closing the lid ascertaining it is locked for extra assurance. The locking lid with edge-sealing rings provides an assurance that the filling stays inside, provided there is no overbearing. Surely, the maker can prepare quesadillas fast, but the size of the crispy golden items is smaller compared to its competitors.
Similarly, the fillings ought to be placed right at the center of each piece in small, but enough amounts to prevent overflowing. If it gets out of the tortilla boundaries, it might stick to the boundaries, which can be hard to clean.
3. Nostalgia EQM200 Electric Quesadilla Maker – Best for the MoneyThe Nostalgia EQM200 Electric Quesadilla Maker comes at an incredible price tag yet with busts of features that prove its worth. Perhaps the highlight being the six sections that provide for six wedges of delicious quesadilla at once.
The maker’s plates are designed to seal in the fillings of each piece uniquely. Though not that large, the ideal size of tortilla to be used is 8-inches in diameter. However, those with 11-inches can work as well. The maker has two kinds of latch positions that support both thick and thin stuffings.
This means that you can prepare quesadillas with any ingredient you think of. You will only need to regulate the amount of fittings to prevent messy overflows that may make it hard to clean the maker after use. Manufacturers claim that the interior surface is non-stick, but there are user’s claims that contradict this statement. However, it has a removable drip tray that makes the cleaning process quite faster.
Perhaps the most useful feature of the Nostalgia EQM200 Electric Quesadilla Maker is the two lights – the red and green that help in determining how much time remains for the plates to get fully heated up. The green light, better known as the ready light, indicates when the maker is fully preheated. The red light indicates that the machine has been turned on.
4. Black and Decker Quesadilla Maker – Best Alternative to Restaurant QuesadillasIf you are looking for a way of making restaurant-style quesadillas, try using the Black and Decker Quesadilla Maker. This is a multi-functional and extra versatile kitchen appliance that can make great quesadillas, nachos, mini frittatas, giant cookies, croissants and much more.
Like other top-notch products on our list, this maker features six wedge pockets that cook within 5 minutes. Just a disclaimer, the pockets may not be large enough if you have some extra appetite. You will have to make room for your creative mixture of fillings. You can as well oven the stuffings to flatten before putting them in the maker to ease your work.
The maker supports making of up to 8-inches diameter quesadillas. the interior of this appliance features a non-stick coating that makes it easy to clean off the cheese pieces without much effort. Both sides of the tortilla shells receive enough pressure from the innovative press and seal lines included in the equipment.
Like other best products, two indicator lines guide the user on when to place the tortilla disks. In addition, the removable drip tray that makes the cleaning process more convenient with slip-resistant grips makes it easier to operate.
5. Brentwood TS Quesadilla Maker – Lightweight Quesadilla MakerPerhaps with their 25 years of experience in making kitchen appliances, Brentwood wouldn’t go wrong with their new maker, the Brentwood TS Appliances Quesadilla Maker. The appliance weighs only four pounds with a basic design.
The maker can prepare standard sized quesadilla ranging from 8 to 9 inches diameter. Like other top products on our list, it has six sections that cut the quesadilla into six equal portions.
The non-stick interior keeps the cheese away from being glued to the surface. This eases the cleaning process. Additionally, coupled with the removable drip tray, cleaning requires some simple wipes, perhaps for further convenience.
The indicator lights on the top are clear signals when to start cooking. Besides, the built-in temperature controls keep your prepared quesadilla hot and crispy all times. The maker operates at 900 watts of power. It also won’t take up much space as it can be stored upright.
6. Bella 13506 Quesadilla Maker – Packed with FeaturesThe Bella 13506 Quesadilla Maker is one of the kitchen appliances that has been on the market for quite some time. From the look of things and customers’ reviews, this product isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
The maker supports preparation of quesadillas that are 8-inches large in diameter. Despite this, the area doesn’t provide enough space to add juicy fillings inside. Therefore, you will have to limit your culinary anticipations and culinary when using this maker.
As for the sections, it comes with six wedge sections that cut up the quesadilla conveniently and equally during serving. As for the plates, they have a non-stick coating thus easy to get rid of stuck or overflown cheese after use.
The maker comes with a built-in drip reservoir that minimizes the mess you’re your cheesy dish. Preparing the quesadilla with the Bella 13506 Quesadilla Maker takes approximately 5 minutes. Using the maker is easier, especially with the help of ready and power indicator lights on top.
7. Santa Fe QM2R – High-End Quesadilla MakerThe Santa Fe QM2R Quesadilla Maker would perhaps top our list if we were to list our best products according to their price tags. However, its expensive nature doesn’t come as a surprise, taking into consideration the great features of this product with confidence based on various customer reviews.
The maker can heat up quickly within 4 minutes, and ready to melt out the cheesy fillings. It also prepares up to 10-inch tortilla disks, which can be spread out to create more space for stuffing. The extra inches on the outside wall limits extra stuffing from overflowing, perhaps an assurance that you won’t miss any of your cheesy goodness.
Perhaps to complement its price, the Santa Fe QM2R Quesadilla Maker cooking plates are non-sticky thus easy to clean up any sticky residue. Besides, the drip tray comes in handy preventing an extra mess.
Moving on, the indicator lights provide a good indication of the power status and the readiness of the maker to help you keep the time of cooking in check.
8. Elite Cuisine EQD Quesadilla Maker – Best for Large QuesadillasThe Elite Cuisine EQD Quesadilla Maker is perfect for those who need the largest quesadilla. It can serve you large quesadillas worth up to 11-inches wide. This is an assurance of enjoying two inches extra every time.
However, regardless of the superior size, the maker is divided into six perfect wedge pieces with the help of built-in scoring guides. Operating this appliance is very easy and takes minimal time to heat up. So to say, the maker starts cooking after 5 minutes.
Despite the large diameter, there is minimal space left for additional ingredients unless they are flattened before being inserted. Unlike other models, both the top and bottom surfaces of this maker are non-stick. This certainly keeps the cheesy mess to a minimum level.
Additionally, there is a tray that traps unwanted grease with a drainage rim that passes out the wastes from the interior tray outside. This certainly makes cleaning a breeze. Like other models in our list, there are indicator lights of readiness and power. The ready light turns on when the maker is ready to cook.
9. Betty Crocker BC – 2958CR – Most VersatileIf you are still spoilt for choice on the best maker for various items, consider the Betty Crocker BC – 2958CR Quesadilla Maker. This is a terrific quesadilla maker, but also great for quiche, giant cookies, nachos and other items.
The versatile multifunction of this machine not only makes it fun to use but also makes cooking quick and energy efficient. The maker can bake up to 12-inches of pizza. This eliminates the need for switching to a large oven for such needs.
The Betty Crocker BC – 2958CR Quesadilla Maker, is easy to use. There are power and ready lights that provide clues when cooking to avoid guesswork. As usual, the ready to bake light indicates the machine is ready. This facilitates easy cooking and control.
10. El-Paso 10023 – Best for Experimenting with New RecipesIf you have had enough of the regular homemade quesadilla recipes, try the El-Paso 10023 Quesadilla Maker with new recipes. The maker’s non-stick plates offer for easy cleanups.
This maker features a built-in drip reservoir that ensures minimal mess when cooking by catching drips and unexpected spills. The on/off power lights also lets you know when the unit is ready and running. This eliminates the traditional hand-checking method that could burn off your fingers.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Quesadilla Maker
If you haven’t used a quesadilla maker before, there is no denying the fact that opting for the best can be some tough struggle.
This is especially true, bearing in mind the sheer number of models available on the market.
Nonetheless, here are some few tips to guide you find the best maker.
Quality of materials and construction
Checking on the quality of materials is of immense importance for any home appliance. When checking on this, look for materials that will last longer, less likely to break and aren’t affected by the maker’s use.
Similarly, for optimal heat distribution, consider makers made of steel. Avoid quesadilla makers with plastic covers that can melt or warm when under heat.
This is an extremely important factor that determines if you can get your food out of the appliance with ease of not. Without a proper non-stick surface, you will need plenty of oil or butter to remove your ripe food. This is an extra hassle that can be avoided by selecting one with non-stick plates.
Quesadilla maker size
This is an important feature especially if you have limited counter space or a big family to cook for. However, for space, you can look out for appliances that come with a stand-up feature. With this, you can keep the maker upright when not in use, thus reducing the storage space.
If you can afford to have a splurge, you shouldn’t hesitate to go for an appliance with multiple plates. This is because you can prepare several batches at once. However, you should avoid textured surfaces and prefer smooth ones that can easily be cleaned with a quick wipe down.
Our Final Review
Figuring out the best quesadilla maker for your needs is the first and most crucial step in making cheesy masterpieces. This is a good way of making family times appetizing as no one can surely say no to the goodness of quesadilla.
Ensure that your maker is of a perfect size, easy to clean, made of durable materials preferably steel and doesn’t break your budget.
From our quesadilla maker review above, which one is your favorite? Share with us in the comments section below!