If you ever need to power a heavy-duty electrical device on the go, you might want to consider a pure sine wave inverter. Without needing wall power, the best pure sine wave inverters will serve continuous power for extended amounts of time without surging.
Pure sine wave inverters are portable electronic devices that convert direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC) (Source). Unlike a modified sine wave inverter, a pure sine wave inverter delivers a smooth and consistent wavelength. This makes it able to power appliances like microwaves and refrigerators, as well as medical and office equipment (Source).
The best pure sine wave inverters have more than one power outlet and are simple to operate. They sometimes include USB ports, LED displays, and remote controls. Pure sine wave inverters may also come with safety features like a surge protector and automatic shutdown.
Pure sine wave inverters are perfect for use at home, at work, or at a job site. They’re also great for traveling, particularly by car. Pure sine wave inverters are also good options for backup power in the event of a power failure.
Prior to purchasing a pure sine wave inverter, you’ll need to ensure that its maximum power and continuous power capacity exceed your needs. You’ll also need to consider its wattage rating and battery life. Safety features like overload protection should also be a factor.
The next time you need a heavy power source on the go, consider these top-rated pure sine wave inverters.
What is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
Pure sine wave inverters are great to have if you own electrical appliances with heavy power needs that you need to take on the go. Since they have some strong included batteries which can convert DC power to AC power, the need for wall outlets can be easily bypassed when you have a pure sine wave inverter.
Do You Really Need a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
A Pure Sine Wave Inverter is absolutely necessary if you’re looking to power heavy duty electronics like kitchen appliances or medical equipment. They deliver a smooth and consistent wavelength that’s necessary to power motorized devices without the need for wall power.
What Is The Advantage of a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
A Pure Sine Wave Inverter delivers a smooth and consistent wavelength that creates reliable power for many heavy-duty appliances. They’re portable and can create power just about anywhere. A Pure Sine Wave Inverter can also provide backup power in the event of a blackout.
Comparing The Best Pure Sine Wave Inverters
|Samlex Solar PST-300-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter|
|Sunforce 11240 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Remote Control|
|Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter|
|MicroSolar – 12V 2000W (Peak 4000W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter|
|Xantrex PROWatt 2000 Inverter|
|SUDOKEJI 1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter|
|Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer|
|BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter|
|AIMS Power 12000 Watt Pure Sine Inverter|
|ENERGIZER 2000 Watt 12V Power Inverter|
1. Samlex Solar PST-300-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter – Best Overall
In such a case, the Samlex Solar PST-300-12 PST Series inverter will come in handy. Owing to its relatively low wattage, 300 Watts, this product is ideal for powering the less demanding appliances in the house.
Some of the appliances you may plug into this inverter include a computer, TV, stereo and office equipment. Alternatively, you may also use this product to power LED lights to light up a camping site or home.
You will also love the fact that this unit supports power surge. Safety is another commendable attribute of this inverter. In this regard, it features built-in GFCI AC plugs and pin connectors that are specifically designed to attach to the battery terminals. The front panel of the inverter is equipped with lights that will notify you if the unit is overheating or is overloaded.
- Offers a relatively high power surge capacity
- Equipped with built-in safety features
- Backed by a 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Features LED indicator lights
- Equipped with Dual GFCI protected AC outlets
- Comes with a detachable cable and battery clamps
- Meets UL safety standards
- Product is FCC compliant
- The battery inputs on this product are not standard
2. Sunforce 11240 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter – The Best Remote Controlled Option
Therefore, it is advisable to buy a product that supports power surge. The Sunforce 11240 1000 Watts Pure Sine Wave Inverter is one of the best, in this regard.
The Surface 11240 inverter boasts of a 2000 watts power surge capacity. As such, you will not have any problems if an electronic draws more current than it should.
Still on safety, the product is equipped with an overload alarm and a notification LED light. Again, the product has is designed to shut down automatically, if the battery is low of the output is overloaded.
- Offers a 2000 Watts power surge capacity
- Backed by a 2-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Supplied with a wireless remote control
- Has a safety shut off feature
- Features a high speed cooling fan
- Equipped with two 110V AC outlets
- Features an LCD display
- Does not have USB ports
3. Power TechON 3000W – Best 3000 Watts Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
The Power TechON Sine power inverter offers 3000 Watts of AC power when functioning normally. In addition to this, the product is less likely to be overwhelmed by power surges. This is because it has about 6000 Watts of power surge capacity.
For enhanced versatility, the product is equipped with 3 AC power outlet sockets. With regards to safety, the inverter features a LED notification light to let you know when things go wrong.
The product comes with a wired remote that allows you to control the inverter form a distance. In this regard, the remote is connected to a 15 Feet cable.
- Offers 3000W of continuous power and 6000W of surge power
- Features thermal, overload, under voltage, and over voltage protection features
- Equipped with an LED warning light
- Features a temperature control cooling fan
- Has 3 AC output sockets
- Fitted with a USB port
- The remote is not wireless
4. MicroSolar – 12V 2000W (Peak 4000W) – The Best Solar Chargeable Pure Sine Wave Inverter
In this regard, the product will give you a conversion efficiency of about 90 percent. Additionally, this product is not affected by overheating.
Such attributes allows the inverter to last longer than most other products in this range. Even with such a dependable performance, the unit is one of the most durable inverters in the industry today.
- Converts 12 V DC input power to 120 V AC output
- Boasts of a 90 percent efficiency
- Has a 4000 W power surge capacity
- Comparatively durable and reliable
- Has under voltage and over voltage protection features
- Comes with a wired remote
- Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- The wire for the remote is comparatively short
5. Xantrex PROWatt 2000 Inverter – High Surge Capability
This port makes it easy for you to charge any USB chargeable device. Through the remote control of this product, you can easily control several things from a distance.
For instance, you can schedule automatic shut down or ignition lockout using the remote. The aesthetically appealing, compact design of this product makes it ideal for use in marine, commercial truck and RV applications.
- Features a built-in digital display
- Has protection features for low voltage as well as for overvoltage
- Equipped with a USB port
- Equipped with Dual GFCI AC receptacles
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Comes with a wired remote
- Equipped with GFCI protection
- Has to be used with a high capacity battery
6. SUDOKEJI 1200W Pure Sine Wave Inverter – Best Sine Wave Inverter With Continuous Power Supply
The inverter is equipped with 3 standard power outlets and 1 USB port, and provides enough power to run home appliances including refrigerators, fans, air compressors, and even life-saving medical devices.
The rugged aluminum shell is sturdy enough for outdoor uses like camping, RV excursions and home solar power systems.
But no matter the weather, dual cooling fans control the inverter’s temperature and a built-in expanding heat dissipation chamber shortens the devices cooling time, extending the life of the inverter and powering your devices for as long as you need.
7. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer – Most Portable
The battery pack uses a standard 110-120V outlet to recharge, but it is solar-ready. Pairs easily with the Jackery Solar Saga 60W/100W (sold separately), to be a purely green, portable power supply.
It is built with a solid handle, making it easy to carry anywhere. At just 6.6 lbs, you can still pack light for your next outdoor adventure and keep your small devices charged on the go.
The Explorer 240 is designed for smaller, outdoor adventure devices like mini-coolers and drones. It cannot power devices rated over 200W such as hair dryers, electric tools or kitchen appliances.
8. BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter – Most Versatile
Many competing power inverters have the added inconvenience of hooking directly to the battery terminals but still provide less wattage.
With 300W you can turn your car or RV into a home by powering most home appliances including TVs, laptops, video game consoles, or even Christmas string lights.
Equipped with 2 Smart USB charging ports, you can charge most phones, cameras, tablets and other small electronics simultaneously, as each charging port detects your devices automatically and adjusts power output up to 2.4 amps per port/4.8 amps max to deliver its fastest charge speed.
9. AIMS Power 12000 Watt Pure Sine Inverter – Best High-Performance Inverter
The split-phase system will output anywhere from 110/120 VAC to 220/230/240 VAC, at 50 or 60Hz, all at the flip of the SW4 dipswitch on the DC input side of the device.
This inverter is most commonly used in residences and businesses for emergency back-up power, with 12,000 watts of continuous power and a surge of 36,000 watts for up to 20 seconds.
But whether you are powering a small home, a mobile business or a work truck, boat or RV, the AIMS Power 12000W is ideal for large applications. For those looking for sustainability and efficiency, this inverter is more than suitable for off-grid systems.
10. ENERGIZER 2000 Watt 12V Power Inverter – Most Efficient
Unlike many other power inverters powered by 12VDC car batteries, this one is capable of powering microwaves, power tools, gaming consoles and televisions, even large home appliances like refrigerators.
But with the ability to power such large devices, this inverter has plenty of safety features to protect you and your vehicle.
The unit has built-in protections against overload and short circuits and a temperature gauge with an auto-shutdown feature, all displayed on an LCD screen alongside Input Voltage, Output Wattage and Battery Level.
Features of the Best Sine Wave Inverters
If you know what you are looking for, it isn’t that hard to get a great sine wave inverter that matches your needs. However, if this is your first time getting a sine wave inverter, there are some things that you will need to learn.
Enough Maximum and Continuous Power Loads
Remember that there is a difference between the maximum and continuous power loads. Start by making sure that the maximum power load is more than you estimate needing. Then, be sure to check that the continuous power capacity will work with the needs of your devices.
Proper Wattage Rating
The wattage rating of your pure sine wave inverter gives you an idea of what type of devices that the model works for. If you only need to charge cell phones, for example, anywhere around 50-watts should be enough. Larger appliances can typically require 2000-watts or more.
Safety and Protective Features
Using any sort of electrical device comes with an inherent risk. One small mistake can be dangerous. This is especially true for demanding devices such as pure sine wave inverters.
Make sure there overload protection features. This is one of the most basic things we find in each of the best pure sine wave inverters. Safety should always be a top concern of yours when you use potentially dangerous products like these.
Easy Interface and Use
Certain pure sine wave inverters are a lot easier to use than others. For example, certain models have an LCD display which gives you a lot more information and overall easier experience.
Many people can encounter a learning curve when they get their first pure sine wave inverter. In order to make things easier on yourself, make sure that you have a general understanding of the interface and how to use the device in advance.
Long Enough Battery Life
Make sure that you know how long your battery will last before you make a purchasing decision. It is common for people to encounter issues with battery life. If you want the best possible experience, a model like the Samlex Solar PST-300-12 is ideal since it has the ability to hold solar charges.
Most Common Issues People Have with Pure Sine Wave Inverters
- Low Wattage: When using a pure sine wave inverter, it is important that the device matches the watt rating that you need. If you don’t have enough maximum power, you might not be able to use the device as you expected to in the first place.
- Low Continuous Load: Maximum power specifications are often seen as a reflection of what the device is capability on a continuous basis. Continuous power levels are usually not the same as the maximum power, and a pure sine wave inverter won’t operate on maximum power all the time.
- Long Charging: The big battery that your pure sine wave inverter uses need to be recharged if you expect to you use it for the long-term. Make sure the charging length and capabilities match your expectations so you don’t get let down later down the road.
Before Buying a Pure Sine Wave Inverter
A power inverter is basically a device that is specifically designed to convert current from direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC). So, what about a pure sine wave inverter?
Simply put, the modified pure sine wave inverters will convert direct current to a form that is friendly to the various AC gadgets and appliances you would like to plug in.
A good example of a pure sine wave current is the standard utility electricity you tap from the grid. While a conventional inverter will give you an AC output, when connected to a DC power source, the output waves may not be safe for your valuable gadgets.
1 Overload Protection Features
When dealing with any power source, precaution should be exercised. As such, it is advisable to buy an inverter that has the necessary safety features. Overload protection is one of the most important features, in this regard. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in most of the affordable units in the market.
Although you may be looking forward to saving a few bucks on the purchase, the cheapest pure sine wave inverter is not the way to go. Without overload protection, your inverter will just blow up if a higher powered appliance is connected to it.
Most of the leading products in the industry feature overload protection. As such, the unit will adapt when a too high powered device is connected.
2. Continuous and Peak Loads
This is another aspect you need to be very careful about when shopping for the best pure sine wave inverter. First things first, the peak load of a power inverter is not the same as its continuous load. The peak load is the maximum load the unit can handle.
However, you need to understand that an inverter cannot function at peak loads. As a matter of fact, the leading products can only support the peak load for a few seconds. The continuous load, on the other hand, is the load the product can support and still function normally. Again, this boils back to the type of devices and electronics you will be connecting to the inverter.
3. Additional Features
While the above mentioned considerations are mandatory, the right features to have on your inverter will depend on your own preferences. Modern pure sine wave inverters are packed with a multitude of convenience and aesthetic features. You really do not need all of them. Here are some you may need to consider. Though:
- Display – An LCD display makes the inverter easier to operate and interpret. However, this feature will also affect the pricing of the inverter. This is why most of the affordable options do not have an LCD display.
- Air compressor – Some modern pure sine wave inverters have a built-in compressor. This is particularly beneficial if you intend to use the inverter on your car battery. As such, you may use the compressor to pump the tires. You will not need this feature if you will be using the inverter on your solar power system.
- Solar Charging Support – Though designed to run on almost any DC power source, not all inverters allow for solar charging. If you need an inverter for your solar power system at home, you need to buy a model that supports solar panel charging.
Ready To Buy The Best Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
Regardless of the intended application, the choice of the right inverter does not have to be a hard one. As a matter of fact, you do not to be an expert in the field for you to choose a pure sine wave inverter. Basically, you just have to get a unit if the right wattage and suitable peak and continuous loads.
Other than that, you should ensure that the product has the right safety features. It does not matter what features you are looking for, this guide will help you choose the best pure sine wave inverter.
Interested in home solar setup and systems? Check out this page for the list of best solar charge controllers and an explanation on how to find the unit for you.
Thanks for the post. What sine inverter do I use for my 200watt setup?
Thank you again. I found my inverter thanks to your reviews.