Are you looking for the best pure sine wave inverter out there? You will be surprised at the variety currently available in the industry.
These products come in an array of sizes and capabilities. Ranging from the micro wave inverters to the large Kilowatt pure sine wave inverters, the various products are suited for different applications.
There are several aspects you need to consider while shopping for the right unit. For instance, you need to consider the wattage, overload protection, additional features as well as the continuous and peak loads of the product.
Again, some electronics, such as pumps and printers, will draw a lot more energy to start than they require running. If you will be using the inverter to power such appliances, it is advisable to buy an inverter that has a surge amp rating (Source).
What is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
- 2 Best Pure Sine Wave Inverters 2019
- 3 1. Samlex Solar PST-300-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter – Best Overall
- 4 2. Sunforce 11240 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter – The Best Remote Controlled Option
- 5 3. Power TechON 3000W – Best 3000 Watts Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- 6 4. MicroSolar – 12V 2000W (Peak 4000W) – The Best Solar Chargeable Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- 7 5. Xantrex PROWatt 2000 Inverter – High Surge Capability
- 8 Features of the Best Sine Wave Inverters
- 9 Most Common Issues People Have with Pure Sine Wave Inverters?
- 10 Before Buying a Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- 11 Our Final Review
Pure sine wave inverters are great to have if you own electrical appliances with heavy power needs that you need to take on the go. Since they have some strong included batteries which can convert DC power to AC power, the need for wall outlets can be easily bypassed when you have a pure sine wave inverter.
Best Pure Sine Wave Inverters 2019
|Samlex Solar PST-300-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter|
|Sunforce 11240 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Remote Control|
|Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter|
|MicroSolar – 12V 2000W (Peak 4000W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter|
|Xantrex PROWatt 2000 Inverter|
1. Samlex Solar PST-300-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter – Best OverallBasically, it is not advisable to use the same inverter for two electronics of different power ratings. This being the case, you may need to buy several pure sine wave inverters for different applications. in such a case, the Samlex Solar PST-300-12 PST Series inverter will come in handy.
Owing to its relatively low wattage, 300 Watts, this product is ideal for powering the less demanding appliances in the house. Some of the appliances you may plug into this inverter include a computer, TV, stereo and office equipment. Alternatively, you may also use this product to power LED lights to light up a camping site or home.
You will also love the fact that this unit supports power surge. Safety is another commendable attribute of this inverter. In this regard, it features built-in GFCI AC plugs and pin connectors that are specifically designed to attach to the battery terminals. The front panel of the inverter is equipped with lights that will notify you if the unit is overheating or is overloaded.
2. Sunforce 11240 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter – The Best Remote Controlled OptionPower surge by appliances that draw up more current while starting can be a problem for your new pure wave inverter. Whether it is at your home or in the office, you need to be ready for such an occurrence. Therefore, it is advisable to buy a product that supports power surge. The Sunforce 11240 1000 Watts Pure Sine Wave Inverter is one of the best, in this regard.
The Surface 11240 inverter boasts of a 2000 watts power surge capacity. As such, you will not have any problems if an electronic draws more current than it should. Still on safety, the product is equipped with an overload alarm and a notification LED light. Again, the product has is designed to shut down automatically, if the battery is low of the output is overloaded.
3. Power TechON 3000W – Best 3000 Watts Pure Sine Wave Power InverterAre you looking for a pure sine wave inverter that can support the more demanding appliances, such as refrigerators in the house? Then you need to choose a product with a relatively high wattage rating. The Power TechON Sine power inverter offers 3000 Watts of AC power when functioning normally.
In addition to this, the product is less likely to be overwhelmed by power surges. This is because it has about 6000 Watts of power surge capacity. For enhanced versatility, the product is equipped with 3 AC power outlet sockets. With regards to safety, the inverter features a LED notification light to let you know when things go wrong.
The product comes with a wired remote that allows you to control the inverter form a distance. In this regard, the remote is connected to a 15 Feet cable.
4. MicroSolar – 12V 2000W (Peak 4000W) – The Best Solar Chargeable Pure Sine Wave InverterAre you looking for an inverter that is powerful and will not give in when the demand for energy increases? You should consider investing in the MicroSolar Pure Sine Wave Inverter right away. Efficiency is one of the selling points of this inverter. In this regard, the product will give you a conversion efficiency of about 90 percent.
Additionally, this product is not affected by overheating. Such attributes allows the inverter to last longer than most other products in this range. Even with such a dependable performance, the unit is one of the most durable inverters in the industry today.
5. Xantrex PROWatt 2000 Inverter – High Surge CapabilityThanks to its relatively high surge capability, the Xantrex PROWatt Inverter is the ideal solution for stating the ‘’energy-hungry’’ electrical loads. To many users, the appeal of this product is further enhanced by its USB port. This port makes it easy for you to charge any USB chargeable device.
Through the remote control of this product, you can easily control several things from a distance. For instance, you can schedule automatic shut down or ignition lockout using the remote. The aesthetically appealing, compact design of this product makes it ideal for use in marine, commercial truck and RV applications.
Features of the Best Sine Wave Inverters
If you know what you are looking for, it isn’t that hard to get a great sine wave inverter that matches your needs. However, if this is your first time getting a sine wave inverter, there are some things that you will need to learn.
To help you out, we have prepared a list of the most important features and specifications that you need to look for.
Enough Maximum and Continuous Power Loads
Remember that there is a difference between the maximum and continuous power loads. Start by making sure that the maximum power load is more than you estimate needing. Then, be sure to check that the continuous power capacity will work with the needs of your devices.
Proper Wattage Rating
The wattage rating of your pure sine wave inverter gives you an idea of what type of devices that the model works for. If you only need to charge cell phones, for example, anywhere around 50-watts should be enough. Larger appliances can typically require 2000-watts or more.
Safety and Protective Features
Using any sort of electrical device comes with an inherent risk. One small mistake can be dangerous. This is especially true for demanding devices such as pure sine wave inverters.
Make sure there overload protection features. This is one of the most basic things we find in each of the best pure sine wave inverters. Safety should always be a top concern of yours when you use potentially dangerous products like these.
Easy Interface and Use
Certain pure sine wave inverters are a lot easier to use than others. For example, certain models have an LCD display which gives you a lot more information and overall easier experience.
Many people can encounter a learning curve when they get their first pure sine wave inverter. In order to make things easier on yourself, make sure that you have a general understanding of the interface and how to use the device in advance.
Long Enough Battery Life
Make sure that you know how long your battery will last before you make a purchasing decision. It is common for people to encounter issues with battery life. If you want the best possible experience, a model like the Samlex Solar PST-300-12 is ideal since it has the ability to hold solar charges.
Most Common Issues People Have with Pure Sine Wave Inverters?
- Low Wattage: When using a pure sine wave inverter, it is important that the device matches the watt rating that you need. If you don’t have enough maximum power, you might not be able to use the device as you expected to in the first place.
- Low Continuous Load: Maximum power specifications are often seen as a reflection of what the device is capability on a continuous basis. Continuous power levels are usually not the same as the maximum power, and a pure sine wave inverter won’t operate on maximum power all the time.
- Long Charging: The big battery that your pure sine wave inverter uses need to be recharged if you expect to you use it for the long-term. Make sure the charging length and capabilities match your expectations so you don’t get let down later down the road.
Before Buying a Pure Sine Wave Inverter
A power inverter is basically a device that is specifically designed to convert current from direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC). So, what about a pure sine wave inverter?
Simply put, the modified pure sine wave inverters will convert direct current to a form that is friendly to the various AC gadgets and appliances you would like to plug in.
A good example of a pure sine wave current is the standard utility electricity you tap from the grid. While a conventional inverter will give you an AC output, when connected to a DC power source, the output waves may not be safe for your valuable gadgets.
This is mainly because most electronics available today are meant to be plugged into a pure sine wave power source. To ensure that such electronics are connected to a safe power source while you are out camping, you should consider investing in the right pure sine wave inverter.
To choose the right product, here are some of the key considerations you need to make:
1. Watt Rating
Did you know that the right pure sine wave inverter depends on the intended application? Well, there you have it. Before buying a new inverter, you need to figure out what you will be using it for. Just as the various appliances and electronics in your home have different watt ratings, so the inverters.
Depending on the electronics you would like to power using the inverter, you need to choose a product of the right wattage. As you may be aware, some appliances and electronics have a relatively low wattage while others have a higher wattage.
Basically, it is advisable to match the wattage of the inverter to the watt rating of the product you will be powering with the inverter. For instance, a 50 watts pure sine wave inverter will be the right choice for charging phones. For the more demanding appliances, such as a microwave, you will need a product of higher wattage, say 2000 watts.
For garden tools, such as a chain saw, a 3000 Watts inverter will be the right choice. Ordinary appliances like computers and medium sized TVs will require about 300 Watts.
2. Overload Protection Features
When dealing with any power source, precaution should be exercised. As such, it is advisable to buy an inverter that has the necessary safety features. Overload protection is one of the most important features, in this regard. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in most of the affordable units in the market.
Although you may be looking forward to saving a few bucks on the purchase, the cheapest pure sine wave inverter is not the way to go. Without overload protection, your inverter will just blow up if a higher powered appliance is connected to it.
Most of the leading products in the industry feature overload protection. As such, the unit will adapt when a too high powered device is connected.
3. Continuous and Peak Loads
This is another aspect you need to be very careful about when shopping for the best pure sine wave inverter. First things first, the peak load of a power inverter is not the same as its continuous load. The peak load is the maximum load the unit can handle.
However, you need to understand that an inverter cannot function at peak loads. As a matter of fact, the leading products can only support the peak load for a few seconds. The continuous load, on the other hand, is the load the product can support and still function normally. Again, this boils back to the type of devices and electronics you will be connecting to the inverter.
4. Additional Features
While the above mentioned considerations are mandatory, the right features to have on your inverter will depend on your own preferences. Modern pure sine wave inverters are packed with a multitude of convenience and aesthetic features. You really do not need all of them. Here are some you may need to consider. Though:
- Display – An LCD display makes the inverter easier to operate and interpret. However, this feature will also affect the pricing of the inverter. This is why most of the affordable options do not have an LCD display.
- Air compressor – Some modern pure sine wave inverters have a built-in compressor. This is particularly beneficial if you intend to use the inverter on your car battery. As such, you may use the compressor to pump the tires. You will not need this feature if you will be using the inverter on your solar power system.
- Solar Charging Support – Though designed to run on almost any DC power source, not all inverters allow for solar charging. If you need an inverter for your solar power system at home, you need to buy a model that supports solar panel charging.
Our Final Review
Regardless of the intended application, the choice of the right inverter does not have to be a hard one. As a matter of fact, you do not to be an expert in the field for you to choose a pure sine wave inverter. Basically, you just have to get a unit if the right wattage and suitable peak and continuous loads.
Other than that, you should ensure that the product has the right safety features. It does not matter what features you are looking for, this guide will help you choose the best pure sine wave inverter.