A propane tank splitter allows you to connect two propane appliances into one fuel tank. This means you can run two cookers in a single tank.
You just need to ensure that the fuel will be enough for the two cooking appliances. Using one propane tank will be more convenient when cooking as compared to when you are using two since you do not require a lot of space for different fuel tanks.
When searching for a propane tank splitter, ensure the device you select will provide a secure connection.
A good tank splitter should have an indicator to show you the level of gas remaining when cooking. You should also look for a gadget that is easy to install and use.
If you are looking for a regulator that automatically switches to the full tank when the other is empty and maintains the consistent gas pressure from propane tanks. Consider buying the dual propane tank regulator.
Apart from a regulator, below is a list of the top 5 propane tank splitters you can find today.
Comparing The Best Propane Tank Splitters
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparing The Best Propane Tank Splitters
- 2 1. SHINESTAR Propane Splitter, Propane Tank Y Splitter Adapter with Valves – Best Overall
- 3 2. GAS ONE Propane Y-Splitter Tee Solid Brass – Most Durable
- 4 3. GASPRO Propane Tank Splitter – Most Secure
- 5 4. DOZYANT Propane Splitter – Best on Budget
- 6 5. KIBOW Propane Tank Y-Splitter Tee Adapter – Most Advanced
- 7 How to Connect a Propane Tank with Propane Grills
- 8 Key Factors You Should Consider When Buying a Propane Tank Splitter
- 9 Ready To Buy The Best Propane Tank Splitters?
|SHINESTAR Propane Splitter|
|GAS ONE Propane Y-Splitter|
|GASPRO Propane Tank Splitter|
|DOZYANT Propane Splitter|
|KIBOW Propane Tank Y-Splitter|
1. SHINESTAR Propane Splitter, Propane Tank Y Splitter Adapter with Valves – Best OverallShinestar Propane Splitter is a top quality propane tank splitter which you can use to connect regulators to hoses and tanks. The splitter adapter comes with just one valve and you can only use it with one hose. It works perfectly with propane appliances such as camper cylinder, BBQ grill and heater.
Additionally, you can use it with a camping stove, gas grill, propane smoker and other appliances. It is made of brass which makes it durable and sturdy. It also allows you to connect two propane appliances into one tank.
The splitter contains one male end and two female ends which lets you to connect QCC and POL fittings. These ends contain right hand thread on the inside and left hand thread on the inside. They fit perfectly in QCC ends when you turn clockwise. You should rotate anticlockwise when you want to connect the POL fitting.
2. GAS ONE Propane Y-Splitter Tee Solid Brass – Most DurableIf you are searching for a long lasting propane tank splitter, Gas One propane Y splitter is one of the best you should consider. It is made of a strong brass material which enables it to last for a long time. This material also enables it to provide a reliable connection.
Another thing is that it is very easy to use. You just need to remove it from the box and attach to your propane tanks. You do not need any other accessories for it to function. It also allows you to use two propane appliances or two hoses at once. You just need to connect them to the 5-20bl propane tank
It also comes with a universal fitting of QCC-1 which enables it to work perfectly with all propane appliances. It is easy to connect to different cooking and heating equipment. You should also note that it is one of the rare devices which are listed by CSA as an approval of a quality product.
3. GASPRO Propane Tank Splitter – Most SecureGASPRO Propane Tank Splitter joins two regulators to one. This enables you to run two cooking equipment in one tank. It also features QCC tee-male X female QCC which enables you to add extra appliances. It has two female ends and one male end. The device works well with propane appliances such as Camper Cylinder, Heater and BBQ grill.
The splitter Y fitting is ideal for both new and old styles connectors. You should turn the adapter of your hose counterclockwise, if you are using it for old style.
It comes with a high quality solid brass which is used to connect the regulators to the hose and also the tank. The Y adapter features a check valve which means that you can only connect it with one hose.
This propane tank splitter also offers an airtight and secure connection between the gas grill and the propane tank. It is very easy to install to the propane appliance. You should also confirm the type of your connector for your cylinder or propane tank before buying the propane adapter.
4. DOZYANT Propane Splitter – Best on BudgetThis propane tank splitter joins two regulators to one tank which means you can you can run two propane devices on a single tank. You just need to connect the Y splitter to the fuel and then connect to the burners or the two grills.
It is made of a high-end solid brass which enables it to last longer as compared to other propane tank splitters. It is also strong which enables it to comfortably support additional appliances. Moreover, has a valve and you can only connect it to one hose.
Another thing is that it offers a secure and reliable connection between the gas grill and the propane tank. You can also use the Y fittings to join regulators with the tank and also the hoses. It also comes with QCC connector which has 2 male pipe ends.
5. KIBOW Propane Tank Y-Splitter Tee Adapter – Most AdvancedThis one is very easy to install and you do not need any tools. It also has an inbuilt safety feature and has an airtight connection between the gas appliances and propane tank. It is also economical since you can connect two hoses or regulators to one tank. This means you can easily connect two cookers into one tank.
Unlike others, this one has an indicator which shows you the gas level. This means you can never run out of gas when cooking without knowing.
Additionally, it features one QCC1 connector which has two male ACME thread. The device is made of a quality solid brass. Unlike others, you can use it when you have connected only one hose.
How to Connect a Propane Tank with Propane Grills
If you have never used a propane tank before, below is a guide on a how to connect a propane tank with the propane grills.
- The most important thing you should consider when using a propane tank is safety. You should always ensure that there is a secure connection between the propane tank and the propane grills.
- Before you use a propane tank, you should first check the gasket on the tank. Confirm that the gasket is working properly. To do this, you need to point the valve on the propane tank into the sun to get a clear view of the gasket. The shape of the gasket valve should be round and should not have any splits or cracks.
- You should make sure that you have installed the propane tank properly in the grill. You can check the user manual if you are not sure of how to install.
- Perform a gas leak test- This should be done before you connect the propane tank to a regulator. All the control knobs on the grill should be off. After you have connected the regulator to the tank, you can now turn on the tank valve. Spray a few drops of soapy water on the regulator connection.
If you see some bubbles, turn off the valve and then disconnect the regulator. Check the connection again and try to reconnect.
Key Factors You Should Consider When Buying a Propane Tank Splitter
1. Easy to Install
Propane tank splitters comes in different designs. You may also encounter a normal propane tank adapter (top choices reviewed here), but you can easily distinguish it from the splitter type. Some require additional accessories for them to work as expected while others are very easy. Look for a device that won’t be complicated to use and to install.
Most of the cheap propane tank splitters are made of low quality materials which means that they can only be used for simple tasks. You will also note that most of these products break easily. When searching for a good propane tank splitter, the product you choose should be made of a strong and durable material. If possible, look for a material that is resistant to heat.
It can be very frustrating when the propane tank runs of gas when you are cooking. It is good to look for a device which has an indicator. This mean you will be able to check the gas levels and refill when it is time to do so.
4. Fuel Tank
You should also look for a device that allows you to connect to regulators into one. This means that you can use one fuel tank with two hoses or propane appliances. A quality propane tank splitter should also have male and female ends which allows you to add additional appliances.
One of the most important things you should be assured of when using cooking or heating appliances is safety. Look for a device with an airtight and reliable connection between the propane tank and the grills. It is also advisable to check the type of connecter in cylinder before you purchase a propane adapter.
Ready To Buy The Best Propane Tank Splitters?
Propane tank splitters are very important components you should consider if you use propane appliances. They are small gadgets which are connect hoses and regulators to a propane tank. The best thing about these devices is that they are very affordable and easy to use.
When buying, look for device with a secure connection. It should also be made of sturdy materials. The gadget should also be compatible with different cooking appliances such as heaters, BBQ grills among others.
The five products we have reviewed above fulfill all the requirements you should expect from a quality propane splitter. We hope that our reviews will help you to determine a quality propane tanks splitter.