Pool sanitation is not only a requirement; instead, it is a necessity for every pool owner. If you need to maintain a healthy swimming pool, you need to regularly sanitize your pool and make sure the chlorine content is at the right level.
While you go about sanitizing your pool, you need first to understand the different pool sanitation systems available. There are basically four major ways of sanitizing your pool. We have chlorine, saltwater, UV, and Ozone. The popular one you must have been seeing is the chlorine pool sanitizing. That comes handy to buy and always available, well efficient.
However, we will be looking at the pros and cons of using these four methods of pool sanitation. Also, we will be addressing the effectiveness of each in your pool shocking.
Pros and Cons of Chlorine, Saltwater, Ozone, and UV
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros and Cons of Chlorine, Saltwater, Ozone, and UV
- 2 Chlorine Sanitation System
- 3 Saltwater Sanitation System
- 4 Ozone Sanitation System
- 5 UV Sanitation System
- 6 Wrap Up
Oh yes, let us take you down to the pros and cons of each of these pool sanitation systems. We hope this gives you the path to choosing the right sanitation system for your pool.
Chlorine Sanitation System
The method of using chlorinating products in sanitizing pools is the most popular and affordable method among the other three. It is effective, and most pool owners prefer it because of its ability to maintain a high chlorine content which the pool needs to fight bacteria and other green algae. You can also check out to see top 5 auto chlorinators for pool
However, it comes with a few disadvantages. First, let us pinpoint what you stand to gain while using chlorin for your pool and analyze the cons of it.
Pros of Using Chlorinating System
- It provides high impact in preventing algae and other forms of bacteria present in the pool and can maintain that for a long time
- It is affordable and readily available at any store
- It is easy to use and most acceptable means of pool sanitization
Cons of Using Chlorinating System
- It can irritate skin and eyes, and some other allergies are associated with it.
- When combined with the sweat and urine in the pool, it releases an offensive odor. This is a lead cause of chloramines, and chloramines occur when chlorine is mixed with these compounds in the pool.
- The product can bleach your pool liner or damage your pool walls.
- EASY TO USE: Simple to follow DIY instructions are included in each Well Safe Well Sanitizer Kit. Pour as directed into Well & Circulate then Let...
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- FAST TESTING TIME FOR INSTANT RESULTS - The FryOilSaver Co's Sanitizer Test Strips enable you to test sanitizer solutions in a matter of seconds....
Saltwater Sanitation System
Just like swimming in the ocean, the same way you feel swimming in a saltwater pool. The soft and pleasurable water gives you cleaner water to enjoy your hot tub throughout the summer. The entire water is treated with salt with a little chlorine to boost the purity. Just like everything, there is always a disadvantage.
Pros of Using Saltwater System
- It is packed with lots of minerals such as magnesium that healthy to the skin. The magnesium helps to absorb some harmful bacteria in the skin and heal infections
- Low maintenance cost and simple maintenance process
- It offers a long-lasting effect in pool purifying
Cons of Using Saltwater System
- It cost more to install compared to other products
- It is corrosive, and even though there no much salt compared to the ones in the ocean, over time, it will cause corrosion on your pool materials.
- They still have a little amount of chlorine present in them
- CONVERT ANY HOT TUB TO A SALTWATER SYSTEM: This salt-based spa system produces a pure form of chlorine by electrolysis of natural salt (NaCl). Salt is...
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- ADVANCED AIR CLEANING TECH: Combines a HEPA-13 filter that captures 99.97% of dust, pollen, smoke, mold, & other ultrafine impurities, combined with...
Ozone Sanitation System
Ozone water sanitation is one of the natural gifts of purifying water. The organic sanitizing compound present in it has been effective in treating water in water plants and in pools. O3 Is used to oxidized bacteria present in the water
Pros of Ozone Sanitation System
- It kills bacteria 3000 times faster than chlorine
- Does not contain any chemical, so nothing toxic to harm your skin
- Very effective in killing algae and bacteria at a very low concentration
Cons of Ozone Sanitation System
- Very expensive to purchase and install
- Cannot purify your pool alone. You would need additional chemicals like chlorine to boost its effectiveness
- It is dangerous to humans. Careful use needs to be observed.
- Color night vision: An all-new Starlight Sensor records night time video in full, vivid color. The Starlight Sensor can see full color in environments...
- Small yet powerful speaker for streaming music and more. Get rich, room-filling sound with Play:1, and control it with the Sonos app.
- ⭐ NATURAL DETOX of kidney and liver from unwanted metabolites and toxins, promoting digestive health and helps neutralize mood levels.
UV Sanitation System
The UV sanitation system uses UV rays from UV light to kill chlorine resistant chemicals. In this method of sanitation, your pool or spa is exposed to the radiation from UV light that produces germicidal UV-C light to help purify your pool from bacteria. How it works
Pros of UV Sanitation System
- It provides a safe means of treating pool and spa
- It is environmentally friendly as it produces no harmful chemical or leaves any residual products after pool treatment
- It consumes lesser energy and can be easily integrated into homes to save utility bills
Cons of UV Sanitation System
- It is expensive to maintain as parts are not easily gotten
- It is slow in sanitizing pools, and it requires the microbes to be on the light. Any microbes not under the light will not be killed
- It is technical and would require some training
- Unlike other puzzle box toys that turn out disappointing & dull, the patented, award-winning Shashibo fidget box features 36 rare earth magnets for an...
- 90 saline concentrate capsules for use with the Naväge Nose Cleaner (sold separately).
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary...
Any of the methods mentioned above can be used to treat your pool. However, some methods might require a little bit of stress because they are not common methods. Going for a chlorinating pool could be your go-to option because, with the right application, you can eliminate most of the drawbacks it offers.
Getting the best chlorine tablets for your pool should be another thing you should thinking of as a bad product that can cause your pool and skin to ruin. Also, the right quantity to apply is another thing, but if you read the guide attached to the product, chlorine application should be seamless.
You can check out this video to learn more about pool chlorinating