If you are a plumber, one of the most important tools you must have is a PEX crimp tool.
These tools are used to join two metals by deforming one of them or even both so that they can easily hold each other firmly. The result of the joined pieces is known as a crimp.
So why should you buy a PEX crimp tool? Well, for one they make your plumbing work easier around the house. These tools are very useful especially when you are installing PEX pipes, but this is a device you’ll have to learn how to use properly.
Do you love DIY projects? PEX crimp tool is one of the tools you must have. However, you must be very careful when buying to ensure that you get yourself a quality product.
A good PEX crimp tool should be lightweight, affordable, calibrated, strong and easy to use. Below are the best PEX crimp tools on the market.
Best PEX Crimp Tools 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best PEX Crimp Tools 2019
- 2 1. IWISS PEX Clamp Cinch Tool – The Best PEX Crimp Tool
- 3 2. IWISS F1807 PEX Pipe Crimping Tool – Most Accurate
- 4 3. SharkBite 23251 ½ Inch, ¾ Inch PEX Crimping Tool– Best for Commercial and Residential Use
- 5 4. Jinwen PEX Crimping Tool – Best For Budget
- 6 5. RIDGID Compact Press Tool Kit – Best Battery Powered PEX Crimping Kit
- 7 Factors to Consider When Buying PEX Crimp Tools
- 8 Why Should You Buy A PEX Crimp Tool?
- 9 Our Final Verdict
|IWISS PEX Clamp Cinch Tool|
|IWISS F1807 PEX Pipe Crimping Tool|
|Jinwen PEX Crimping Tool|
|RIDGID Compact Press Tool Kit|
1. IWISS PEX Clamp Cinch Tool – The Best PEX Crimp ToolThis one comes with a long rubber handle which makes the crimping work easier and smooth. You do not need to apply a lot of energy when crimping. The tool allows you to crimp joints ranging from 3/8 to 1 inch.
It is made of heavy-duty steel to make it strong and durable. It also has a unique head which enable it to clamp easily. It is a universal tool and works perfectly with clamps from different manufacturers.
Unlike others, it has a very outstanding formatted design. Due to the design, you do not need to adjust or calibrate first before crimping. This means that it will save your time when using it. Apart from crimping, you can also use it to remove cinch clamps so you do not need to purchase a separate cinch clamp remover.
Another thing about IWISS PEX Clamp Cinch tool is that you can use it for both personal and odd jobs. However, it is not able to hold calibration for a long time and this makes it inappropriate for large-scale and commercial piping.
2. IWISS F1807 PEX Pipe Crimping Tool – Most AccurateOne of the best things about IWISS F1807 is that it comes with a 20-piece kit which makes it easy it store. The kit also makes it easy to carry. The best thing about this crimp tool is that it is very accurate since it features a Go/No-Go gauge which allows you to make accurate crimping. This means that there is no wastage of material when using this tool.
It is suitable for crimps with a measurement of 3/8 to 1 inch which makes it ideal for crimping large pipes. It also comes with everything you would require when crimping. You do not need to buy the additional accessories.
You will also note that it is very easy to use. Another impressive thing about it is that it features 3 jaws which are properly designed to ensure that they do not damage or break the pipe. You can also switch from one jaw to the other easily.
Additionally, it has a nice grip which makes your work easier when crimping.
3. SharkBite 23251 ½ Inch, ¾ Inch PEX Crimping Tool– Best for Commercial and Residential UseThe best thing about this tool is that you do not need to wait for glue or joint to dry before crimping. You can crimp immediately without any problem. It saves your time when crimping which makes it among the best. You can also check the connection before joining. If you are searching for a quality PEX crimp tool you can use in residential and commercial tasks, this one might be an excellent choice.
It comes with Copper Cramp Rings which are able to crimp pipes with a measurement of 0.5 to 0.75 inches. You do not need to purchase an extra tool. Due to this, it makes crimping work to be cost effective. It comes with a 2 years limited warranty.
When using SharkBite 23251, you do not need to calibrate first in order to achieve accurate joining. The tool will ensure that the joints are well connected. All you need to do is to apply some pressure when crimping. The tool is very accurate and does not allow poor crimping. This means that you do not have to re-do the task.
4. Jinwen PEX Crimping Tool – Best For BudgetAre you searching for a quality but affordable crimping tool? Jinwen PEX Crimping Tool might be what you need. Despite its low price, it comes with all the features you can find in the high-end models.
It is made of quality materials and has a nice design which makes it durable. The tool is made of manganese steel and hardened oil. This means that it is strong enough for heavy-duty tasks. You can use it for 3/8 to 1 inch pipes. It works with different brands but is not compatible with Zuri Quick Clamp.
You will note that it has rubber-coating handles which makes it easy to use. These handles are longer as compared to those in other crimp tools. You do not need to calibrate or adjust before using it since it is already calibrated. This saves your time as compared to when you are using other crimp tools which requires you to adjust before using.
Additionally, you can crimp immediately since you do not need to wait the glue to dry or cool the joint.
5. RIDGID Compact Press Tool Kit – Best Battery Powered PEX Crimping KitThis one comes with a unique inline design which allows you to work even in tight areas without problems. It has a balanced weight and this means that you can move with it easily. Unlike others, it uses 18V Lithium 2aHr batteries and it is able to provide more than 200 crimps when it is fully charged.
Additionally, it features an inbuilt LED indicator light which shows you the status of the battery. It also shows when the temperatures are not suitable. Another thing is that this tool features a rotating swivel barrel which rotates in 270 degrees when accessing tight areas. This makes the press connections easier and more efficient.
The tool features ½, ¾, 1, 1¼-inch jaws which allows it to work with stainless steel, copper and PEX fittings. This tool provides the flexibility required when working with RIDGID jaws, press ring, actuator among others.
The best thing is that it comes with a lifetime warranty. If you are searching for a quality crimp tool for your professional duties, this one might be the best. It will also save a lot of your time.
Factors to Consider When Buying PEX Crimp Tools
Whether you have ever used a PEX crimp tool before or not, you must be very sure about the product you want to buy. Otherwise, you may end up wasting a lot of money since crimp tools are different. Here are some of the factors you should consider.
Ensure that the crimping tool you have selected is portable and easy to use. A heavy one will make your work difficult and will lead to low performance. A good crimp tool should be easy to store after use. Ensure that it is made of quality materials but lightweight.
Before buying, consider the task you are intending to do with the tool. Crimping tools are designed for different functions. Some are used for plumbing others for network cables while others are for computers. Make sure that the crimping tool you have selected is the best for the work you are intending to do.
Look for a long lasting crimping tool. You do not need a tool that you keep repairing or replacing. Always check the materials used to make the tool before buying. A quality crimp tool should be mad of rugged steel. It should also be sturdy.
Crimping involves applying a lot of force. Therefore, you should ensure that the tool has a comfortable handle. Otherwise, you will end up with a blistered hand especially when you are using the tool for a long time.
Crimping tools are available in different prices. The more money a crimp tool costs, the better the performance. In addition, purchasing a quality tool will lead to high productivity. However, you also need to note that the price of a crimping tool does not always guarantee the quality. What matters most are the materials used to make the product.
A good crimp tool should be easy to modify. This will enable you to use the same tool for different sizes of pipes. With an adjustable crimp tool, you do not need to purchase different tools to do various tasks.
Why Should You Buy A PEX Crimp Tool?
PEX crimp tools are the very common form of PEX connections. Here are the reasons why you need PEX crimp tool.
Easy to use
They are very easy to use and you do not any skills to use them.
Since most metal connections are bent around the connection area, the connection is tighter as compared to when you are using clamps.
The best thing about these tools is that they are affordable as compared to clamp connections.
Our Final Verdict
If you want to do your plumbing work more conveniently, all you need is a PEX crimp tool. These tools are very easy to use and are affordable. If you are searching for the best PEX crimp tool, you should consider IWISS PEX Clamp Cinch Tool. This tool is very versatile and affordable. It also comes with a long handle to make your work easier.
If you are searching for a long lasting tool, you should go for IWISS F1807 PEX Pipe Crimping Tool. It is easy to use and even comes with a storage case. If you prefer a battery powered PEX crimp tool, RIDGID Compact Press Tool Kit is the best. It even comes with an LED indicator which shows you the status of the battery.
However, if you are on a tight budget, you should consider Jinwen PEX Crimping Tool. It is a quality tool despite its price. For those searching for the best PEX crimp tool for both commercial and residential use, you should consider SharkBite 23251 ½ Inch, ¾ Inch PEX Crimping Tool.
It is our hope that this guide will help you make a decision on the best PEX crimp tool for your plumbing work.