Here’s a fact, It’s hard to beat a good omelet. This tasty and popular food has earned its place on breakfast tables around the world. And it’s not just for breakfast. Omelets make a delicious and nutritious meal that you can eat any time of day.
Part of the appeal of an omelet is its versatility. Besides eggs, you can add almost anything to an omelet. They’re the ultimate in customizable food.
When made correctly, omelets can be surprisingly healthy. They taste great, too. Not only that, but omelets are easy enough to make that children can be taught how to do it (Source).
A simple frying pan is all you need to start producing omelets. However, if you want better results that can stand up to your local breakfast diner, you need a designated omelet maker. These machines make a simple dish even easier to make.
If you are making a type of flatbread filled with cheese on heating, consider buying the best quesadilla makers.
How Long Does An Omelette Take an Omelette Maker?
It takes just about five minutes for an omelette to be fully cooked with an omelette maker. Simply turn on the unit and wait for the ready indicator light to turn on. Then, pour in your eggs and veggies and wait 5-6 minutes.
How Many Eggs Do You Use In An Omelette Maker?
If you want to make two omelettes, you will need four large eggs. To make just one omelette, you’ll need just two eggs and less butter on the bottom of the unit.
Quick Overview of the Top 5 Omelette Makers
|Holstein Housewares Omelette Maker|
|Lekue Omelette Maker|
|Dash Omelette Maker|
|Cuisinart WAF-B50 Breakfast Express|
|Better Chef IM-477R Omelette Maker|
1. Holstein Housewares Omelette Maker – The Best Omelette Maker
Additionally, the design of this omelet maker gives the food it produces a unique petal shape. Once the device has reached the proper cooking temperature, all you need to do is pour your omelet mix into this equipment’s two compartments and close the lid.
Moreover, the omelets produced by the Holstein are pleasantly light, fluffy, and thoroughly cooked due to the hot plates it has.
While the metal plates have a non-stick coating, it is still recommended that the unit is sprayed with a light coat of oil before use.
Overall, this device is a small omelet maker and is great for saving counter space. However, its compact design means smaller omelets produced.
Its capacity to produce two omelets at a time helps to offset this somewhat, but families with bigger appetites may find themselves unsatisfied.
- Produces high-quality omelets.
- Quick cooking time.
- Non-stick plates for easy cleaning.
- Small footprint.
- Produces small omelets.
- No on/off switch – unit must be unplugged to turn it off.
2. Lekue Omelette Maker – The Most Efficient Omelet Maker
Unlike the electric omelet makers on this list, the Lekue has no power supply. Instead, the device itself is a microwave oven-safe dish into which you pour the omelet mixture and then cook it in the oven.
Additionally, this foldable silicon device will fit even in a kitchen drawer, which makes it the best microwave omelet maker for small kitchens. Plus, by using your existing oven as a heat source, it allows for a far smaller footprint than an electric omelet maker.
Furthermore, this product cooks omelets without any oil at all, which makes it healthy, oil-saving, and perfect for health-conscious people.
Of course, this device doesn’t offer any fancy features like a timer or an alarm. But if you’re pressed for space, this omelet maker could be the answer to your prayers.
- Oven-safe silicon resists high temperatures.
- Takes up very little space in your kitchen.
- Allows for omelets to be made with no oil.
- Very affordable – multiple units could be used to make four or six omelets at a time.
- No timers, alarms, or other advanced features.
- Requires the use of a regular microwave oven.
3. Dash Omelette Maker – The Best Flexible Omelette Pan
First, the Dash omelet maker gets rid of uneven cooking by making the machine flippable. Halfway through cooking, you can simply turn this two-pound unit over.
Even better, this device offers more than mere omelet making. It can be used to make frittata or calzone or to sear salmon and grill sandwiches. Its low profile won’t take up much space on your kitchen countertop, too.
However, the Dash omelet maker can only make one omelet at a time. Hence, if you live alone or as part of a couple, this may be fine. But if you have a family to feed, this unit may struggle to keep up.
- Low profile design saves space.
- Can cook other than just omelets.
- Easy to use.
- Can only make one omelet at a time.
4. Cuisinart WAF-B50 Breakfast Express – The Best-Looking Omelette Maker
To introduce this amazing product, the Cuisinart will take up a lot of counter space, but the manufacturers have decided to embrace that aspect of their machine by making an attractive-looking appliance of a stainless style. In doing this, they have ensured that this omelet maker will stand out in anyone’s kitchen.
Moreover, this is more than a mere round omelet maker. This high-end machine can also handle waffles, pancakes, fried eggs, grilled sandwiches, sausages, and fritters. It’s almost like having full-scale diner equipment in your kitchen.
Additionally, the Breakfast Express is packed with astounding features like browning control, temperature adjustment, temperature indicator, and an alarm. Hence, if you take your breakfast seriously, this might be the machine for you.
On the other hand, the cost and size of the Breakfast Express make it impractical for smaller kitchens and more limited budgets.
- Recognized brand.
- Can cook a wide array of breakfast food.
- Advanced features such as browning control, temperature adjustment, and timer.
- High price.
- The large machine takes up a lot of counter space.
5. Better Chef IM-477R Omelette Maker – High-Performance Omelet Maker
The high cooking heat of this device ensures light and fluffy omelets that taste great. Plus, it has multiple design color options to choose from so that you can make sure the omelet maker matches your kitchen.
In addition to that, the best part of this omelet maker is its non-stick property. The heating plates of this device are coated with a Teflon substance, which makes cleaning a breeze and ensures your food won’t stick to the cooking surface.
Still, you’ll want to apply a few drops of oil from time to time to maintain the non-stick feature.
As for cleaning this unit, all you need to do is wipe it down with a damp cloth after use. However, make sure to wait for it to cool down first to not damage the cooking surface.
This omelet maker doesn’t have any special features like browning control or temperature adjustment. All it does is make omelets. But it does that well, and the ease of cleaning makes it a good choice for those who only need something more simple and easy to use.
- Makes omelets two at a time.
- Easy to clean.
- Non-stick plates prevent sticking and burning.
- Lacks advanced features offered by other models.
- It can only make omelets.
6. NordicWare Microwave Omelette Pan – Best for Busy Mornings
NordicWare is one of many companies that decided to make omelettes just a little easier to create by designing an omelette maker that’s microwave-friendly. All you need to do is open up this device, pour in your eggs, and then heat it up in your microwave for a couple of minutes.
Like regular cookware, the NordicWare pan is capable of making 2-4 egg omelettes. To add to the already-awesome level of convenience, the omeltte pan is capable of being washed via dishwasher. So, if you were worried about having to scrub egg off the pan, you can relax.
- Very affordable
- Easy to use
- You need a microwave to use it
7. The Dash Black Rapid – Best for Egg Fans
The Dash Black isn’t just an omelette maker. In fact, that’s actually one of multiple functions this egg maker holds. It also can make your eggs hard boiled, poached, scrambled, or soft boiled, depending on what attachments you use.
To make things simpler, the Dash comes with a small instruction booklet to take out any guesswork. That being said, you don’t have to stick to the recipe guide to make great breakfasts. Many users come up with their own ways to improvise.
It’s easy to clean, can cook up to six eggs at the same time, and also comes in a very aesthetic variety of colors. Fans of having a stylish kitchen will enjoy that perk. At the price point it’s being sold, we’re not sure it’s possible to find anything better.
- Easy to use and clean
- Comes in a variety of colors
- More involved cooking than most models
8. The Omelit – Best for Dieters
To use the Omelit, you layer it on top of the pan that you’re using to heat up the egg. Once the egg is cooked, you bend the Omelit over so that you get the classic half-fold that makes a great breakfast omelette. Since it’s nonstick, the egg just slides off the Omelit when you’re ready to serve it.
Cleaning this thing is a breeze, and it takes very little time to master the use of it. That being said, while it can be handy for people who are use to working in the kitchen, there’s always a small chance that people who are klutzy in the kitchen may have a hard time with it.
The trick to getting the Omelit to work is to make sure that the pan is hot before you add the egg in, and to make sure that the Omelit itself is flush against the bottom of the pan. Other than that, it makes eggs pretty quickly.
- No oil needed
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Flimsy build
9. Fox Run Nonstick Omeltte Pan With Egg Poacher – Best for Stovetop Gurus
The Fox Run nonstick omelette pan makes it easy to flip and fold your omelette, giving you an amazing look to your breakfast every single time. It also comes with a poached egg attachment for times when you’re a little tired of omelettes.
- Good for traditional omelette making
- Multiple egg cooking options
- More involved than a regular omelette maker
10. Red Copper 5-Minute Chef Electric Omelette Maker – Best for Uniform Omelette Creation
No products found.Looking to make an Instagram-ready set of eggy omelettes? You’re going to need an omelette maker that has a special focus on getting that perfect shape every single time, and that’s where Red Copper really shines.
This omelette maker creates beautiful “loaf” omelettes in a matter of 5 minutes. Since it has a unique copper setup, there’s no reason to flip the omelette. Your omelette’s top and bottom get cooked evenly thanks to its awesome “whole heating” technology, too.
Worried about having to clean everything up? Don’t be. The Red Copper is nonstick and designed to be as easy to clean as possible. While it might not be the cheapest option on this list, it’s definitely one of the most user-friendly.
- Easy to use
- Makes eggs in 5 minutes
- Uniform omelette appearance
- Slightly pricey
How Does an Omelette Maker Work?
With an omelette machine, you’ll be able to cook some of the best breakfast for any recipe and everyone. It only takes from 2 to 5 minutes to have ready-to-eat food on the kitchen table! This will come in handy when you’re too tired and want to quickly make something for breakfast.
An omelette maker is an electric device that comes with a non-stick surface. The working principle is quite simple. Simply pour down the omelet mix when the device is switched off, close the lid, and let it cook. Your omelet will be ready in a couple of minutes.
Why Get An Omelette Maker?
As for omelette makers, it’s all about convenience. But why do I need it? The following are the reasons to have an omelette maker.
- Omelette makers save time: An omelette machine allows you to quickly make several omelettes at once without flipping eggs. Not only will this machine save you time, but it will also save you money and pay for itself in energy savings.
- Omelette makers sare safe to use: In addition to saving you time, an omelette maker will help you avoid a disaster in your kitchen. This means you will not have to worry about using the right cooking point whenever you wanna make a nicely rounded omelette.
- Omelette makers are easy to use: With this machine, the only thing you will worry about is getting the omelets out when they are done. Making the perfect omelettes can be a simple cooking activity if you know how to do it right.
- Omelette makers are versatile: An omelette maker can be a perfect cooking assistant in the kitchen. It can act as a multipurpose device. Apart from omelettes, you can also use it for other meals like roast chicken and steak.
Read on to see what the best omelet makers currently available have to offer.
How to Use Omelette Makers
We have seen how omelette makers work in a nutshell. It should be noted that there are many ways to use these devices. Also, keep in mind that not all omelette makers are created equal.
Let’s break it down for you to make things easier. For most omelet makers, you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the omelette mix.
- Open the lid of the device.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the compartment for an omelette.
- Fill the omellete mix in that compartment or cavity, making sure it’s not too much.
- Adjust the settings as per your needs before closing the lid.
- Let the machine do its work – it may take up to 5 minutes.
- Once done, take your omelette out and serve it.
- Be sure to properly clean the device afterward.
- At last, place it in your kitchen where it belongs.
How to Take Care of My Omelette Maker
- Clean it regularly: It’s advisable to clean the device only after cooking. That will prevent leftovers from sticking up to the surface, which can make it harder for you to clean your omelette maker when dry.
- Be careful when washing your omelette maker: When plugged in, don’t wash the omelette machine with water or moist cloth. This will save you a lot of headaches.
- Don’t misuse your omelette maker: Similar to other devices, one of the best ways to keep your omelette maker in top shape is to use it properly.
- Avoid overburdening the compartments or trays when cooking: If the excess food gets out of the compartment, it may reach the device interior and cause malfunction.
- Store your omelet maker in a safe place: Keep the device away from high temperatures, humid places, and ants. Besides, you should keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Factors to Consider Before Buying An Omelette Maker
Before rushing out to buy another kitchen appliance, it’s worth taking some time to consider what features you need in an omelet maker.
Really, there is no point in paying extra money for more than you need. At the same time, you want a device that can make your life easier while being simple to use.
Consider the following factors to make your decision on what omelet maker to invest in:
We’re talking about food, so the way the finished product tastes is the ultimate standard by which an omelet maker should be judged.
It sounds obvious, but it’s a point worth making. If an electric omelet maker has all the latest features but produces lackluster food, it’s just going to end up gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere. Hence, make sure the omelet maker you choose makes omelets the way you like them.
Mornings are often one of the busiest and most hectic times of the day. The whole point of an omelet maker is to reduce the time and effort you spend making a healthy breakfast.
To make anything well will always require a certain amount of time. But the quicker the machine you choose can cook an omelet, the more useful it will be during that crazy morning rush.
How many omelets do you want to make at a time? For those with large families, more is better. However, note that bigger machines can be more expensive.
Meanwhile, if you’re the only omelet eater in your household, a machine that can produce a single omelet may be more than enough.
Let’s admit it, it’s all too easy to overbuy appliances for our kitchens. Most of us have single-use items gathering dust in the back of a cabinet that we regret buying.
Usually, the more functions an appliance has, the easier it is to justify the expense of acquiring it and the space it takes up. If you have a family with diverse tastes, consider buying machines that can also help make pancakes, fritters, and sandwiches.
Some models feature advanced settings such as alarms and timers that can help you to avoid over or undercooking. Others have browning control that can help make an omelet just the way you like it.
These features are nice to have, but they can add extra bucks to an omelet maker. Hence, if it’s something you need, go for it. If not, don’t.
Cooking inevitably means cleaning. But an omelet maker that is hard to clean is one that you will quickly find yourself reluctant to use. If the machine that’s supposed to save you cooking time ends up being a nightmare to clean, you’ll soon regret your purchase.
Therefore, look for an omelet maker with a non-stick surface. Some models offer removable plates that significantly improve the cleaning process. Keep in mind that you’re buying a machine to help you, not to give you another chore to perform.
Ready To Buy The Best Omelette Maker?
Think carefully about the features you really need and the ones you can do without. Think also about how often you eat omelets and how much use any omlette maker you buy will be getting.
There’s more at stake than just money, especially for those with smaller kitchens. The last thing you need is another appliance that doesn’t see enough use to justify its place in your home.
However, the right omelet maker can really speed things along in the morning or whenever you choose to make an omelet for yourself or your family. So, give one of these omelet makers a try and see how much time they can save you in the kitchen.
Keep in mind that a cup of espresso will go well with your breakfast. And, if you make your own ice cream as dessert for breakfast, check out the buying guide on hand crank ice cream makers.
I have used Holstein Housewares, this very frequently since getting it. The omelets are a bit small but very tasty, so we usually plan on eating several for a meal. So many variations can be made quite easily.