Here’s a fact, It’s hard to beat a good omelet. This tasty and popular food has earned its place on breakfast tables around the world. And it’s not just for breakfast. Omelets make a delicious and nutritious meal that you can eat any time of day.
Part of the appeal of an omelet is its versatility. Besides eggs, you can add almost anything to an omelet. They’re the ultimate in customizable food.
When made correctly, omelets can be surprisingly healthy. They taste great, too. Not only that, but omelets are easy enough to make that children can be taught how to do it (Source).
A simple frying pan is all you need to start producing omelets. However, if you want better results that can stand up to your local breakfast diner, you need a designated omelet maker. These machines make a simple dish even easier to make.
If you are making a type of flatbread filled with cheese on heating, consider buying the best quesadilla makers.
Why Get An Omelette Maker?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Get An Omelette Maker?
- 2 Comparing The Best Omelette Makers
- 3 1. Holstein Housewares Omelette Maker
- 4 2. Lekue Omelette Maker
- 5 3. Dash Omelette Maker
- 6 4. Cuisinart WAF-B50 Breakfast Express
- 7 5. Better Chef IM-477R Omelette Maker
- 8 How Does an Omelette Maker Work?
- 9 How to Use Omelette Makers?
- 10 How to Take Care of My Omelette Maker?
- 11 Factors to Consider Before Buying An Omelette Maker
- 12 Ready To Buy The Best Omelette Maker?
As for omelette makers, it’s all about convenience. But why do I need it? The following are the reasons to have an omelette maker.
- Omelette makers save time: An omelette machine allows you to quickly make several omelettes at once without flipping eggs. Not only will this machine save you time, but it will also save you money and pay for itself in energy savings.
- Omelette makers sare safe to use: In addition to saving you time, an omelette maker will help you avoid a disaster in your kitchen. This means you will not have to worry about using the right cooking point whenever you wanna make a nicely rounded omelette.
- Omelette makers are easy to use: With this machine, the only thing you will worry about is getting the omelets out when they are done. Making the perfect omelettes can be a simple cooking activity if you know how to do it right.
- Omelette makers are versatile: An omelette maker can be a perfect cooking assistant in the kitchen. It can act as a multipurpose device. Apart from omelettes, you can also use it for other meals like roast chicken and steak.
Read on to see what the best omelet makers currently available have to offer.
Comparing The Best Omelette Makers
|Holstein Housewares Omelette Maker|
|Lekue Omelette Maker|
|Dash Omelette Maker|
|Cuisinart WAF-B50 Breakfast Express|
|Better Chef IM-477R Omelette Maker|
Additionally, the design of this omelet maker gives the food it produces a unique petal shape. Once the device has reached the proper cooking temperature, all you need to do is pour your omelet mix into this equipment’s two compartments and close the lid.
Moreover, the omelets produced by the Holstein are pleasantly light, fluffy, and thoroughly cooked due to the hot plates it has.
While the metal plates have a non-stick coating, it is still recommended that the unit is sprayed with a light coat of oil before use.
Overall, this device is a small omelet maker and is great for saving counter space. However, its compact design means smaller omelets produced.
Its capacity to produce two omelets at a time helps to offset this somewhat, but families with bigger appetites may find themselves unsatisfied.
Unlike the electric omelet makers on this list, the Lekue has no power supply. Instead, the device itself is a microwave oven-safe dish into which you pour the omelet mixture and then cook it in the oven.
Additionally, this foldable silicon device will fit even in a kitchen drawer, which makes it the best microwave omelet maker for small kitchens. Plus, by using your existing oven as a heat source, it allows for a far smaller footprint than an electric omelet maker.
Furthermore, this product cooks omelets without any oil at all, which makes it healthy, oil-saving, and perfect for health-conscious people.
Of course, this device doesn’t offer any fancy features like a timer or an alarm. But if you’re pressed for space, this omelet maker could be the answer to your prayers.
First, the Dash omelet maker gets rid of uneven cooking by making the machine flippable. Halfway through cooking, you can simply turn this two-pound unit over.
Even better, this device offers more than mere omelet making. It can be used to make frittata or calzone or to sear salmon and grill sandwiches. Its low profile won’t take up much space on your kitchen countertop, too.
However, the Dash omelet maker can only make one omelet at a time. Hence, if you live alone or as part of a couple, this may be fine. But if you have a family to feed, this unit may struggle to keep up.
To introduce this amazing product, the Cuisinart will take up a lot of counter space, but the manufacturers have decided to embrace that aspect of their machine by making an attractive-looking appliance of a stainless style. In doing this, they have ensured that this omelet maker will stand out in anyone’s kitchen.
Moreover, this is more than a mere round omelet maker. This high-end machine can also handle waffles, pancakes, fried eggs, grilled sandwiches, sausages, and fritters. It’s almost like having full-scale diner equipment in your kitchen.
Additionally, the Breakfast Express is packed with astounding features like browning control, temperature adjustment, temperature indicator, and an alarm. Hence, if you take your breakfast seriously, this might be the machine for you.
On the other hand, the cost and size of the Breakfast Express make it impractical for smaller kitchens and more limited budgets.
The high cooking heat of this device ensures light and fluffy omelets that taste great. Plus, it has multiple design color options to choose from so that you can make sure the omelet maker matches your kitchen.
In addition to that, the best part of this omelet maker is its non-stick property. The heating plates of this device are coated with a Teflon substance, which makes cleaning a breeze and ensures your food won’t stick to the cooking surface.
Still, you’ll want to apply a few drops of oil from time to time to maintain the non-stick feature.
As for cleaning this unit, all you need to do is wipe it down with a damp cloth after use. However, make sure to wait for it to cool down first to not damage the cooking surface.
This omelet maker doesn’t have any special features like browning control or temperature adjustment. All it does is make omelets. But it does that well, and the ease of cleaning makes it a good choice for those who only need something more simple and easy to use.
How Does an Omelette Maker Work?
With an omelette machine, you’ll be able to cook some of the best breakfast for any recipe and everyone. It only takes from 2 to 5 minutes to have ready-to-eat food on the kitchen table! This will come in handy when you’re too tired and want to quickly make something for breakfast.
An omelette maker is an electric device that comes with a non-stick surface. The working principle is quite simple. Simply pour down the omelet mix when the device is switched off, close the lid, and let it cook. Your omelet will be ready in a couple of minutes.
How to Use Omelette Makers?
We have seen how omelette makers work in a nutshell. It should be noted that there are many ways to use these devices. Also, keep in mind that not all omelette makers are created equal.
Let’s break it down for you to make things easier. For most omelet makers, you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the omelette mix.
- Open the lid of the device.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the compartment for an omelette.
- Fill the omellete mix in that compartment or cavity, making sure it’s not too much.
- Adjust the settings as per your needs before closing the lid.
- Let the machine do its work – it may take up to 5 minutes.
- Once done, take your omelette out and serve it.
- Be sure to properly clean the device afterward.
- At last, place it in your kitchen where it belongs.
If you are using omelette maker you probably need to add green onions as an ingredient. If you are confused about the part of the green onion to use and how to cut it, you are not alone. Depending on the part of green onions you would like to use, there are several ways you can cut and slice it. Check our step by step guide on how to cut green onions.
How to Take Care of My Omelette Maker?
- Clean it regularly: It’s advisable to clean the device only after cooking. That will prevent leftovers from sticking up to the surface, which can make it harder for you to clean your omelette maker when dry.
- Be careful when washing your omelette maker: When plugged in, don’t wash the omelette machine with water or moist cloth. This will save you a lot of headaches.
- Don’t misuse your omelette maker: Similar to other devices, one of the best ways to keep your omelette maker in top shape is to use it properly.
- Avoid overburdening the compartments or trays when cooking: If the excess food gets out of the compartment, it may reach the device interior and cause malfunction.
- Store your omelet maker in a safe place: Keep the device away from high temperatures, humid places, and ants. Besides, you should keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Factors to Consider Before Buying An Omelette Maker
Before rushing out to buy another kitchen appliance, it’s worth taking some time to consider what features you need in an omelet maker.
Really, there is no point paying extra money for more than you need. At the same time, you want a device that can make your life easier while being simple to use.
Consider the following factors to make your decision on what omelet maker to invest in:
We’re talking about food, so the way the finished product tastes is the ultimate standard by which an omelet maker should be judged.
It sounds obvious, but it’s a point worth making. If an electric omelet maker has all the latest features but produces lackluster food, it’s just going to end up gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere. Hence, make sure the omelet maker you choose makes omelets the way you like them.
Mornings are often one of the busiest and most hectic times of the day. The whole point of an omelet maker is to reduce the time and effort you spend making a healthy breakfast.
To make anything well will always require a certain amount of time. But the quicker the machine you choose can cook an omelet, the more useful it will be during that crazy morning rush.
How many omelets do you want to make at a time? For those with large families, more is better. However, note that bigger machines can be more expensive.
Meanwhile, if you’re the only omelet eater in your household, a machine that can produce a single omelet may be more than enough.
Let’s admit it, it’s all too easy to overbuy appliances for our kitchens. Most of us have single-use items gathering dust in the back of a cabinet that we regret buying.
Usually, the more functions an appliance has, the easier it is to justify the expense of acquiring it and the space it takes up. If you have a family with diverse tastes, consider buying machines that can also help make pancakes, fritters, and sandwiches.
Some models feature advanced settings such as alarms and timers that can help you to avoid over or under cooking. Others have browning control that can help make an omelet just the way you like it.
These features are nice to have, but they can add extra bucks to an omelet maker. Hence, if it’s something you need, go for it. If not, don’t.
Using a thermal lunch box, you can take away omelette for your lunch or any short trip made from an omlette maker.
Cooking inevitably means cleaning. But an omelet maker that is hard to clean is one that you will quickly find yourself reluctant to use. If the machine that’s supposed to save you cooking time ends up being a nightmare to clean, you’ll soon regret your purchase.
Therefore, look for an omelet maker with a non-stick surface. Some models offer removable plates that significantly improve the cleaning process. Keep in mind that you’re buying a machine to help you, not to give you another chore to perform.
Ready To Buy The Best Omelette Maker?
Think carefully about the features you really need and the ones you can do without. Think also about how often you eat omelets and how much use any machine you buy will be getting.
There’s more at stake than just money, especially for those with smaller kitchens. The last thing you need is another appliance that doesn’t see enough use to justify its place in your home.
However, the right omelet maker can really speed things along in the morning or whenever you choose to make an omelet for yourself or your family. So, give one of these omelet makers a try and see how much time they can save you in the kitchen.