Are you looking for an efficient heating solution that will save you money this cold season? You should consider buying the best oil filled heater today.
While modern oil-filled heaters are renowned for their efficiency and effectiveness, choosing the right one can be a daunting task.
So, how should you go about buying one of these space-saving and portable devices?
For you to buy the right heater, you need to consider such aspects as design, capacity, energy efficiency rating, and point of installation and safety features (Source).
Still confused about which heater to buy? In this guide, we will review five of the best oil filled heaters.
Best Oil Filled Heaters 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Oil Filled Heaters 2018
- 2 1. DeLonghi EW7707CM Heater – Best Overall
- 3 2. NewAir AH-450B Electric Oil-Filled Space Heater – Radiant Heating At Its Best
- 4 3. DeLonghi TRD0715T Oil Filled Space Heater – Best Oil Filled Heater for Tight Spaces
- 5 4. Kenmore Oil-filled Radiator Heater White – Large Room Heating & Most Portable Oil Filled Heater
- 6 5. Honeywell EnergySmart electric oil radiator – The Best Oil Filled Heater for Large Rooms
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying an Oil Filled Heater
- 8 Our Final Review
|DeLonghi EW7707CM Heater|
|NewAir AH-450B Electric Oil-Filled Space Heater|
|DeLonghi TRD0715T Oil Filled Space Heater|
|Kenmore Oil-filled Radiator Heater White – Large Room Heating|
|Honeywell EnergySmart electric oil radiator|
1. DeLonghi EW7707CM Heater – Best OverallRunning on diathermic oil, the EW7707CM heater by Delonghi features seven fins. Being one of the most effective oil filled heaters today, this unit has a heat output of 1,500 Watts. As such, the heater is a great heating solution for small to medium sized rooms. Durability will not be a problem with this heater. In this regard, it features a compact, quality steel construction that has been proven to last for a long period.
With regards to convenience, the oil reservoir on this unit is permanently sealed. As such, you are not required to refill the oil throughout the lifespan of the heater. The EW7707CM has 4 heat settings, allowing you to calibrate the unit to your desired temperature. This, coupled with its adjustable thermostat, make it a very efficient heating solution.
Additionally, the unit features thermal slots. These are meant to maximize heat transfer surface area, while keeping the temperature on its surface low.
2. NewAir AH-450B Electric Oil-Filled Space Heater – Radiant Heating At Its BestWhile this unit has a heat output of 1,500 watts, it can heat a relatively larger space than the Delonghi EW7707CM reviewed above. Among the aspects you will find appealing about this heater is the display. The NewAir AH-450B heater features an interactive display that is comparatively easy to use. Through this display, you can easily choose between the 5 temperature settings and 3 heating options offered by the heater. Again, you can also program the timer, up to 10 hours, through the same display.
This being the case, you can program when the unit should start and shut down. This ensures that the unit remains off when it is not needed, hence makes your home more energy efficient. With regards to safety, the AH-450B is equipped with auto shut off features, as well as set of protocols it should follow, in case it topples off.
3. DeLonghi TRD0715T Oil Filled Space Heater – Best Oil Filled Heater for Tight SpacesAlthough this heater can produce 1,500 watts, it is designed for use on comparatively smaller spaces, up to 100 square feet. In this regard, this model is equipped with thermal chimneys. These are meant to deliver heat, while keeping the surface of the heater cool. In addition to being an efficient unit, it comes with an effective thermostat.
This thermostat, along with the 3 temperature settings on the heater, allows you to choose your preferred indoor temperature. Additionally, these features make it possible for the unit to run efficiently. You will also like the programmable timer fitted on this oil filled heater. This timer allows you to schedule when you want the unit to start and shut down. This further enhances its efficiency and will save you money on your monthly energy bills.
The outer part of this heater is made of metal, which makes it durable. However, the metal used on its surface is rust-resistant.
4. Kenmore Oil-filled Radiator Heater White – Large Room Heating & Most Portable Oil Filled HeaterAre you looking for an oil filled heater that is portable and can heat a larger room? If so, the Kenmore Oil-filled Radiator heater would be a great choice. While the heater features a compact and portable design, it is rather powerful, with a heat output of 1,500 watts. As such, the unit may be used to heat a larger room, when running on its highest temperature setting.
Basically, this Kenmore heater features 3 different heating settings. When on its lowest temperature settings, the unit can deliver up to 600 Watts. The medium temperature setting offers a heat output of 900 Watts, while the highest setting delivers 1,500 Watts. This makes it a convenient portable heating solution. This is because it allows you to choose the right power output depending on the size of the room you are using it in.
The exterior part of this heater is made of high-quality metal for enhanced protection and durability. The surface metal on this unit is powder coated to make it resistant to rust and scratches. This being the case, the unit is meant to last for years without compromise. With regards to safety, this unit does not lag behind either. It is equipped with an automatic power shut-off feature to prevent overheating.
5. Honeywell EnergySmart electric oil radiator – The Best Oil Filled Heater for Large RoomsIf you are looking for a relatively affordable heater for large rooms, few models can beat the Honeywell EnergySmart Electric Oil Radiator. To begin with, the sleek design with a black finish is both appealing and functional. Just like most of the heaters reviewed above, this model delivers a silent performance. However, it is known to make some popping noises when running on the maximum power setting.
That said, the heater is equipped with variable temperature settings. This offers you complete control over the indoor temperature. Additionally, you will have an easy time moving this unit form one place to the other, thanks to its wheels. The programmable timer used on this heater allows you to program its uptime, up to 12 hours.
For the purpose of safety, this model is designed to shut down whenever it topples over. Additionally, it has an overheat protection features and a heavy duty cord.
Things You Must Know Before Buying an Oil Filled Heater
Having decided that your new heater is going to be an oil-filled radiator, the next step will be choosing the best unit in the market. You probably know that this is not an easy task, especially if you do not know what to look for.
While there are numerous makes and models of oil radiators available today, not all of them are good. If you are shopping for the right oil filled heater for your home, here are some of the aspects you need to consider:
1. Heater Type
Based on their functioning/mode of heating, oil filled heaters may be categorized into several groups. While shopping for the right unit for heating your home, it is advisable to choose the right type of heater.
In this regard, the main types of oil-filled heaters available today include:
- Radiant heaters
- Convective heaters
- Micathermic heaters
If you are looking for a good whole-house heating solution, it is advisable to buy the best convective oil-filled heater. Such a heater will ensure that you get even heating in all the rooms in your home. The radiant heaters, on the other hand, are best suited for spot heating. When used in smaller spaces, radiant oil-filled heaters will give fast and widespread heating performance.
2. Indoor or Outdoor Installation
Where would you like your new heater to be installed; inside or outside the house? Basically, the various oil filled heaters are suited for outdoor installation. This is mainly because of the carbon monoxide poisoning risk they pose. Again, most of these heaters are relatively huge and bulky.
As such, they require a considerable amount of space for installation. This makes them ideal for outdoor installation.
3. Heater Safety Features
As opposed to the traditional oil heaters, modern oil-filled heaters are safer and more efficient. However, you still need to ensure that your preferred unit is safe enough for you and your family. In this regard, you need to ensure that the heater has the necessary safety features.
These are some of the important safety features you should consider:
- Overheating Control – Overheating on your heater can lead to problems in your home. To be on the safe side, your preferred unit should have features to prevent overheating. Such features should be aimed at shutting the heater down when it starts to overheat.
- Rounded edges – Most oil-filled heaters have fins that are meant to enhance the efficiency of heat transfer. Therefore, you need to ensure that the fin edges are rounded. This will reduce the risk of injury for the children and pets in your home.
- Over-tipping Safety – While most of the leading oil-filled heater models are stable, you still need to ensure that they have such a feature. With this feature, the unit will automatically shut down whenever it is not standing upright. This reduces the risk of fire.
4. Heating Capacity
Any heater installation experts will tell you that not just any heater is ideal for your home. The right heater should be able to heat the space effectively without straining/overworking. While choosing the right heater capacity, you need to consider the square footage of the space you would like to heat.
Since there are several aspects that need to be considered, In this regard, you should let an expert advice you on this matter. The right course of action would be to have the installation contractor asses your home and ascertain the right heater capacity.
A considerable number of Americans today are upgrading their homes to make them more efficient. Having an efficient oil filled heater installed in your home will improve energy efficiency significantly. As such, energy efficiency rating is one of the things that you must consider while shopping for the right unit.
In addition to these rating, you should look for features like an efficient thermostat, programmable timers and energy saving modes. Such components will make your heating system more efficient.
Our Final Review
Unless you know what to look for in an oil filled heater, choosing the right unit in the market is going to be challenging for you. As you may be aware, a heater that works best for one home may not be the right choice for another home.
Basically, the right unit should be powerful enough to heat the space in question faster and more efficiently. Regardless of the heating requirements of your home, this guide will make it easier for you to choose the best oil filled heater.