Nothing is more convenient than being able to complete your workout at home. The last thing most of us want to do right before or after a long day of work is to go to a gym filled with the sweat and grime of hundreds of other people.
How nice would it be to have a treadmill in your home gym? With so many available, it’s hard to know which is the best for your budget and your fitness regime.
The Nordic Track C 800 is an excellent option for a home treadmill. It is one of the most affordable models put out by Nordic Track and can be found for as little as $780.
This treadmill is also space conscious due to it’s easy to fold frame. The model comes with a patented SpaceSaver design and EasyLift Assist.
Even if you don’t have an entire room in your house dedicated to a home gym, you can experience all the features the Nordic Track C 800 has to offer. It will fit in even the most space-restricted homes.
This product, while not designed for avid runners, is excellent for walking and light jogging and can hold up to 325 pounds. In this review, we’ll examine the specs, pros, and cons, and special features of the C 800.
We will also compare this model with similar models on the market regarding the price and features available with such treadmills.
Nordic Track C800 Specs
Table of Contents
- 1 Nordic Track C800 Specs
- 2 Comparing Similar Treadmills to the Nordic Track C800
- 3 Nordic Track C800 Features
- 4 What Makes the Nordic Track C800 So Great
- 5 User Feedback and Reviews: What Customers Said About the Nordic Track C800
- 6 How Much Does the Nordic Track C800 Cost?
- 7 Why Buy the Nordic Track C800?
- Dimensions: 35.75 inches x 78.3 inches x 56.4 inches
- Belt size: 20 inches x 60 inches
- Speed Range: 0 to 12 mph
- Incline: 12 degrees
- Motor: 2.75 CHP
- Weight: 250 pounds
- Color: Black and silver
Comparing Similar Treadmills to the Nordic Track C800
Nordic Track C800 Features
You definitely won’t get bored walking or jogging on the C800. It comes with built-in speakers as well as an MP3-compatible music port so you can work out to the songs that get your moving. It even comes with a tablet holder so you can surf the web, or watch your favorite TV shows and movies while working out.
If that’s not enough to keep you running, the console will display up to 20 different workouts designed by professionals to get the most of your workout.
When you’re ready to pick up the pace, you can connect your tablet to iFit Live. The program gives you the impression that you’re running through the streets or even in a race. The iFit Live feature also includes HD video workouts if you’re willing to pay the $9.99 a month subscription fee.
What Makes the Nordic Track C800 So Great
As mentioned above, while having a treadmill at home gives you more privacy and freedom to work out, it’s also helpful to have a treadmill that fits your home and keeps you focused on your exercise. Here are some of our favorite things about the Nordic Track C800.
If you’re looking for an indoor workout that feels like an outdoor workout, you can opt-out of the cushioning effect and experience more rigid walking or running. Otherwise, cushioning can be turned on to provide more support and comfort to your joints.
Clever Folding Design
Not only does the folding mechanism save you space when you’re not using the treadmill, but the EasyLift Assist makes folding up easy in just one step. Unlike other folding treadmills, there is no need for heavy lifting or bending.
Nordic Track stands by its treadmill frame and motor with a lifetime warranty. Parts are covered for two years, and labor has a one year warranty.
User Feedback and Reviews: What Customers Said About the Nordic Track C800
We can say anything we want basing off of workout blogs and product descriptions, but when it comes down to it, the most important opinion is that of the customers. Here is what consumers had to say about the Nordic Track C800.
Most Common Complaints
- Not For Long Term Use: Many users complained that after only a few years, parts began to break and burn out.
- Programs Don’t Keep Track of Progress: Once the time on a program has finished, you will not be able to see your progress if you continue to run. It only tracks what you’re accomplishing during the program’s workout.
- Lack Help From Customer Service: Many buyers found that when they had a problem with the treadmill, it was difficult to get help from the company even when the treadmill was still under warranty. While eventually, they did receive the support they needed, the process was always long and grueling.
Most Common Praises
- Quiet and Comfortable: Because of the sturdiness of the frame, as well as the cushioned track, the Nordic Track C800 is praised for its smooth functioning. It is much quieter than other treadmills on the market and is easy on the joints, thanks to how well it absorbs shock.
- Variety of Programs: Beginners will especially love the workouts included with the Nordi Track C800.
- Built in Fan: You’ll stay cool and focused on your workout rather than overheating. This treadmill has climate control, which is a real advantage to running outside.
- Affordable Price: While the Nordic Track C800 isn’t ideal for heavy-duty use by avid runners, it is an affordable option for those that need a treadmill they can use for walking and jogging. Most retailers even provide financing, so you don’t have to have the money upfront. Not to mention, you won’t be paying for that gym membership anymore.
How Much Does the Nordic Track C800 Cost?
The Nordic Track C800 is hard to come by these days as the model has been discontinued. However, there are a few retailers out there that still carry the C800, and you can expect to pay anywhere for $700 to $1000 depending who’s selling it.
If you choose to pay for the iFit Live subscription, it will cost you another $9.99 a month, as mentioned earlier in the review.
Why Buy the Nordic Track C800?
If you are a casual walker or light jogger, the Nordic Track C800 is an excellent option for you. While it isn’t the best for excessive running, it is a great, affordable option for a home treadmill that will only get light use. While it’s not a high-performance treadmill, that doesn’t take away the fact that a trustworthy brand manufactured it.
The speed is easily adjustable with the OneTouch button control as well as the incline. You can keep track of all your workout stats, including calories burned, speed, distance, time, and heart rate, so you know you’re making the most of your workout.
All the digital features, such as the programs included, the compatibility with iFit Live, as well as the MP3 input and table holder, make working out fun and rewarding.
Ultimately, the Nordic Track C800 is user-friendly, somewhat easy to assemble, and one of the cheaper, casual use treadmills on the market. Not to mention how little room it will take up in your house when you’re not using it.
If you’re a dedicated runner, you may opt for a more durable treadmill. However, if you are looking for an affordable treadmill designed to handle walking and light jogging, the Nordic Track C800 is a great option.