Motorcycle wheel chocks, also known as motorcycle wheel stops, or simply wheel stoppers, are accessories used to ensure a motorcycle’s stability when being stored or transported. The best motorcycle wheel chock will have an adjustable locking mechanism, will fold up for easy storage, and will be easy to use (Source).
Motorcycle wheel chocks can come in handy anytime you need to transport your motorcycle, or when it needs to be serviced. They provide a safe way to secure your motorcycle firmly in place so that it doesn’t fall over. Motorcycle wheel chocks help prevent damage and ensure that your motorcycle stays in good condition.
These useful accessories come in several styles and sizes, to ensure your wheel fits tightly, and your bike remains safe. Higher-end motorcycle chocks feature a base plate, pivoting cradles that lock the wheel in place, adjustments to accommodate various wheel diameters and widths, and even built-in tie-down loops.
Motorcycle wheel chocks vary in quality, with some proving to be much sturdier and more reliable than others. This often comes down to the material used to make them, and the quality of their construction. Before buying a motorcycle wheel chock, consider its cost, build quality, warranty, and wheel compatibility (Source).
In this article, we will go over all of the top rated motorcycle wheel chocks. All of the wheel stoppers in this review will keep your motorcycle secure, and standing up straight, whether you are transporting your bike to another town, or you are just working on it.
What Is The Best Motorcycle Wheel Chock?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is The Best Motorcycle Wheel Chock?
- 2 Comparing The Best Motorcycle Wheel Chocks
- 3 1. Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock – Best for Trailers
- 4 2. Pit Posse Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best for All Motorcycles
- 5 3. MaxxHaul 70271 Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Most Versatile Wheel Chock
- 6 4. Extreme Max Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- 7 5. Baxley Sports Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best For Cleaning & Storing Motorcycles
- 8 6. MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Affordable And Reliable
- 9 7. Steadymate 80014 Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best Geometrical Design
- 10 8. Goplus Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Most Reliable
- 11 9. Lock N Load BK100 Deluxe Motorcycle Wheel Chock – High Safety
- 12 10. ABN Removable Trailer Wheel Chock – Affordable Tire Chock
- 13 How Does A Motorcycle Wheel Chock Work?
- 14 How To Use A Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- 15 Can You Make Your Motorcycle Wheel Chock From Scratch?
- 16 Things to Consider Before Buying a Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- 17 Ready To Buy The Best Motorcycle Wheel Chocks?
The Condor SC-2000 is a durable and versatile motorcycle chock for front or rear wheels ranging from 14-22 inches. It’s simple to operate, needing only one person to load the motorcycle. The Condor SC-2000 can accommodate motorcycles of up to 3000 lbs. and folds down easily for storage.
Comparing The Best Motorcycle Wheel Chocks
|Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock|
|Pit Posse Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|MaxxHaul 70271 Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|Extreme Max Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|Baxley Sport Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|Steadymate 80014 Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|Goplus Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|Lock N Load BK100 Deluxe Motorcycle Wheel Chock|
|ABN Removable Trailer Wheel Chock|
1. Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock – Best for Trailers
Notably, it has a patented locking mechanism as well which allows you to secure your motorcycle in an upright position regardless of the transport platform you used.
Furthermore, installing this wheel chock is pretty simple. It begins with bolting the chock down on the floor; then it involves adjusting the rocker depending on your bike wheel’s diameter by moving its quick release pin to the correct position. After that, place your bike wheel in position and immediately lock the front wheel into place.
The chock comes with two tie-down straps that hold the motorcycle firmly when being transported.
- Adjustable wheel locking mechanism
- Fold down ability for easy storage
- Easy installation and use
- Patented locking mechanism
- Two tie-down straps instead of the standard four
2. Pit Posse Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best for All Motorcycles
Additionally, the chock comes with mounting points that are convenient and provides for easy removal of the chock when not in use.
More than that, it also highlights a self-locking feature that is useful for enhanced safety.
Similarly, its zinc plate cradle has all the hardware sets needed for a secure hold while the bracket pivots to secure the wheel on the locks.
Overall, this product is made of high-quality steel that not only makes it extra strong but also durable. The gold finish, on the other hand, provides an appealing appearance as well as prevent corrosion and rust.
- Heavy-duty steel make
- Adjustable design
- Holds tires of up to 6 ½ inches wide
- Relevant mounting hardware
- 5-year warranty
- Quality of mounting hardware could be better
3. MaxxHaul 70271 Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Most Versatile Wheel Chock
This wheel clock can be used for wheels ranging from 15 to 22 inches in size. Besides that, it also accommodates wheels that are between 3 and 5 inches wide. The overall design of this product allows it to secure most motorcycle wheels on the market as well.
Like other models of this caliber, it is made of steel. Similarly, it features a black powder coat finish that enhances its appearance.
Meanwhile, for stabilization, it features a pivoting cradle that makes it easy for users to roll into the wheel chock and secure the bike. Alongside that, its anchor points add to the sturdiness.
Overall, for this product, there are up to six different cradle adjustments that can accommodate various motorcycle wheel diameters. This makes it possible to secure a motorbike on a trailer and other places.
- Great design
- Heavy-duty steel – durability
- 6 cradle adjustments
- Additional anchor points
- Easy to use
- Quite heavy
4. Extreme Max Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock
One thing you will certainly like about this is its solid construction enhanced with a base extension. Moreover, this product also boasts high-quality steel with a textured powder coat which assures durability.
Similarly, its sleek design comes in handy as it doesn’t take much space yet doesn’t compromise on the stability of the motorcycle as well.
Meanwhile, the chock’s combination of a solid boot and front crossbar makes it a suitable motorcycle trailer chock. It utilizes floor space which can also be used for multiple lifting. The rear wheels have cradle adjustments, which make the chock fit on the bike’s wheels properly.
Overall, this product can be used for wheel size ranging from 17 to 21 inches in height and 3-5/32 to 7-3/32 in width. The chock can easily be assembled and used, unlike other models where you might need an extra hand to help in assembly process.
- Solid front crossbar ascertains maximum stability
- Made from durable steel
- Designed for standard wheels
- Easy assembly and use
- Multiple rear wheel adjustments to fit the wheel perfectly
- Quite pricey
5. Baxley Sports Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best For Cleaning & Storing Motorcycles
Paired with this product, your motorcycle will roll into the chock and be positioned with ease. This is supported by the innovative swivel cradle feature that makes it easier to load and offload the motorbike.
Alongside that, you will also be able to adjust the wheel chock in any way to fit various wheel sizes ranging from 16 to 18 inches in height and widths of 110 to 130mm. Therefore, besides storage, this model is also ideal for transporting bikes on trailers and flatbed trucks.
Furthermore, for enhanced safety, the chock has a lever for hooking as well. In addition to the lever, it also has four rubber stops that will grant you immense grip on various surfaces.
- Heavy-duty steel ascertains durability
- Lightweight and portable
- Thick rubber enhances grip
- Intertwining cradle enhances bike security
- Lifetime warranty
- Quite expensive
6. MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Affordable And Reliable
The MaxxHaul 70075 motorcycle wheel chock even ensures a robust framework in this steel structure for impressive resistance against shocks and concussions. You will feel relaxed using this solid chock, which secures your motorbike for long journeys.
The effective pivoting cradle in this chock makes it simpler for loading and unloading your motorcycle as well. For higher durability, the chock also includes a rust-proof coating.
- It includes a three-position bracket to hold most types of motorcycles securely.
- Robust-steel construction.
- Simple to set up.
- User-friendly pivoting cradle.
- Not universal as it is claimed to be.
7. Steadymate 80014 Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Best Geometrical Design
This chock can withstand an impressive amount of shocks even while the truck or trailer is moving through off-road tracks. To give you more convenience, the 80014 comes with an automatic lock system that requires little effort from you.
Steadymate’s user-friendly design gives you two choices – either mount it permanently on your trailer with bolts, etc. or choose the rubber grip base model that ensures a non-slippery action while holding your motorbike in place.
- It includes a low-pivot design that ensures maximum stability of your bike.
- Suitable for 12-inch to 26-inch tires.
- It has an automatic lock for securing vehicles in place.
8. Goplus Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock – Most Reliable
The metal surface is coated with an anti-corrosive powder that will ensure its long-term usage as well. GoPlus Adjustable wheel chock boasts its V-shaped pivoting cradle, which will give you freedom of fitting bikes with tires ranging from 15 inches to 21 inches in diameter.
Additionally, you can keep a motorcycle of up to 1,800 lbs securely on this stand without worrying a bit. This unit also includes adjustable bolts to give you the flexibility of positioning your vehicle even on inclined surfaces.
- It consists of durable steel bars with anti-corrosive coating.
- It supports up to 1,800 lbs of weight.
- It is also adjustable to park vehicles at an inclined surface.
- Instructions on the manual are hard to understand.
9. Lock N Load BK100 Deluxe Motorcycle Wheel Chock – High Safety
The mounting plate is flexible enough for connecting and disconnecting whenever you feel like without damaging the equipment. If you like, you can fix it to the trailer bed with robust bolts to using it instantly for transportation.
Lock N Load even adds an auto-locking bracket in this design that will give you relief of doing it manually when positioning your motorcycle. You can even ensure a higher level of security for your bike by using straps with this wheel chock.
- Auto-locking wheel bracket for ease.
- It incorporates a flexible mounting plate for instant connections and disconnections.
- It comprises of highly-durable steel frames.
- The instructions that come with it are hard to understand.
- It might need additional straps to secure it completely while transporting through off-road tracks.
10. ABN Removable Trailer Wheel Chock – Affordable Tire Chock
The design gives you a few adjustments, like adding plywood beneath the base to keep it cushioned and stable for securing vehicles in place. Furthermore, this feature also lets you unmount the chock if you are not fixing it in a permanent position.
You can easily use it for almost all types of tires because of the top-notch cradle holder that comes installed in it. ABN’s removable wheel chock is certainly an impressive tool available at a very affordable budget.
- It consists of a seven-gauge steel plate for high durability.
- It lets you cushion the base with plywood to avoid mounting bolts permanently.
- It offers a universal cradle for almost all tires.
- It comes with mild-steel hardware instead of stainless steel.
- Instructions are harder to comprehend.
How Does A Motorcycle Wheel Chock Work?
A Motorcycle Wheel Chock uses a locking system that stabilizes the front or back wheel of a motorcycle to ensure it doesn’t move or tip.
Many Motorcycle Wheel Chocks simply hinder movement while others use interweaving technologies to ensure the motorcycle is securely locked in place.
How To Use A Motorcycle Wheel Chock
It indeed becomes safer to transport or store a motorcycle when installing a wheel chock. However, some might find it hard to understand the right way of using this tool.
Moreover, motorcycle wheel chocks come in a variety of sizes and styles, which might confuse you. Here is a simple tutorial for using motorcycle chocks.
Before moving forward, understand that chocks comprise of a base plate with a movable cradle that keeps the wheel in a stable position by locking it. Additional adjustments can be made in the cradle to fit motorcycle tires of various widths and diameters.
Steps To Use A Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- Mount The Chock Over The Deck – After the motorcycle is on the bed, you can mount the chock on the tire of the vehicle.
Please make sure the chock and wheel are aligned in a straight position when you mount it over the trailer or truck deck. Use the relevant bolts and nuts that can fit the mounting holes of the chock.
- Secure The Motorbike With Additional Straps – To ensure more security for your motorcycle, you can use tie-down straps to keep it stable and locked within the chock.
Use two straps for the front part and two for the back. Tighten the belts securely so that there is tension in them while holding the motorcycle in place. Make sure the pressure is balanced from both sides.
- Keep The Motorcycle In Gear – Put the vehicle in gear once it has been stripped down on the truck bed properly. The gear will prevent the motorcycle from rolling backward when the truck or trailer moves forward.
Can You Make Your Motorcycle Wheel Chock From Scratch?
Yes, it is possible to make a wheel chock. However, it will not only be time-consuming, but it will also require sturdy material for building the frame. You will need to measure and cut it for creating the base plate and movable system for the chock.
Furthermore, you will have to ensure that the built frame is steady enough to withstand the load of a motorcycle. Strength in the structure would be possible if you are skilled at welding and attaching the frames efficiently.
Surely several types of materials can be used for creating a cock frame, such as steel, certain alloys, etc. Furthermore, those materials need to be coated with rust-proof materials to keep them durable and usable for the long term.
Certain metals can be heavy, which might limit their mobility. In such cases, you might want to use aluminum ones.
The Incurred Costs For DIY Motorcycle Wheel Chocks
If you want to create a sturdy motorcycle wheel chocks yourself, then you might have to pay a lot for the parts that need to be assembled. Building cheap frames might not be worth the investment of time and money.
Instead, you can buy a readymade motorcycle wheel chock, which is not just cheaper, but also sturdier. Just get one that will fulfill your purpose efficiently.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Motorcycle Wheel Chock
When shopping for the best motorcycle wheel chock, there are several factors to consider that will help you narrow your options. Perhaps the first thing everyone will begin with is reviews.
Checking out what people who used the chock before think about the product is of immense importance.
Well, here are other things you should take into consideration to ensure that you settle on the right model that suits your needs.
Size of the Wheel
This is the first and most essential factor, to begin with when searching for your product. You should ensure that you know the size of your motorcycle wheels. Bike wheels typically range from 17 to 21inches.
If your bike wheel falls between these ranges, you can use all the standard wheel chocks or small wheel chocks. However, if your motorcycle wheel is out of this range, consider finding a chock that fits the size of your wheels.
There are various models of wheel chocks specifically designed for different placements. To narrow down your choice of motorcycle wheel chock to buy, ensure that you identify where you intend to use the chock.
Some chocks are suited for garages to support bikes, others are meant for transportation purposes. Understanding the intended purpose is therefore of immense importance to get the right one. Nonetheless, you can still go for a multifunctional wheel chock.
The importance of having a motorcycle trailer chock is to hold the bike securely in place to ensure that it doesn’t fall. This is why you should look at the security features and the included hardware such as tie downs. Ensure that there are reassuring security features such as straps to avoid the risk of motorbikes falling over.
When you are a traveler, you can never expect the same weather always. Sometimes it’s dry and it may start raining out of nowhere. And if you are thinking of carrying the necessary items with you, storing them in a waterproof motorcycle backpack is recommended.
Buying motorcycle wheel chocks is a huge investment, so you should go for a model made from high-quality materials. This is the only way to ensure that the chock will serve your needs for a reasonable amount of time.
Quality materials come with much-needed strength, stability, and durability. Besides the materials, the chock’s finish should also be considered. Prioritize models with powder coat finish that are rust and corrosion resistant.
Cheap is always expensive. However, this is not necessarily true like with the saying that expensive brands are always the best. Before settling on a motorcycle trailer chock for a bike, ensure that you compare the feature details before coming down to its price.
This is a good way of ensuring that you avoid paying up much for a product with little to offer. Alternatively, you can find a product with great features at an affordable price.
Warranty and Customer Reviews
You should never be in a rush to buy a motorcycle chock before getting as much info about the chocks as possible. Reviews are vital information that will help you avoid bogus models and mediocre chocks.
Similarly, find out from the dealer and extensively the motorcycle chock manufacturer if they offer warranty. This guarantees that both the dealer and manufacturers trust the quality of their product. The longer the warranty, the better.
Ready To Buy The Best Motorcycle Wheel Chocks?
Purchasing the right tire chock is an assuring way of transporting your bike safely. Our motorcycle wheel chock review and guide above will help you make an informed decision.
While all-wheel chocks may promise to work great, ensure that you find a model made of quality materials. Besides that, make sure it fits your wheel perfectly, has right placement, offers better security features, and comes at a pocket-friendly price.
Are you worried about the various hazards exposed to when riding? Consider buying the top-rated motorcycle riding sunglasses as it protects the rider’s eyes from dangerous glare, wind, and dust. They provide extra protection besides the shield from your helmet.
If you’re a rider that loves more freedom in riding, then a motorcycle half helmet is a perfect solution. Unlike the full helmet, it protects the head of the rider without having to totally cover the rider’s head.
Leave a Reply