Any motorcycle rider clearly understands the importance of protection from various hazards they get exposed to when riding. Majority wear the right gear, including an helmets, but always forget one important thing; the right eyewear for riding.
The best-polarized motorcycle glasses for wind protect the rider’s eyes from dangerous glare, wind and dust. They provide additional protection beside the shield from your helmet.
There are endless options of great motorcycle glasses present on the market currently. However, you should find an option that provides great protection measures, suits your needs and of course is pocket friendly.
To ease your search, after several considerations, we have outlined some of the best products in our motorcycle riding sunglasses review below. We will also highlight some of the essential factors we considered when developing this list.
Best Motorcycle Riding Sunglasses 2018
|Soxick HD – Night Driving Polarized Sport Sunglasses|
|Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses|
|Carfia Polarized Sport Sunglasses|
|Global Vision Eyewear Safety Glasses|
|Pacific Coast Airfoil Padded Riding Goggles|
1. Soxick HD – Night Driving Polarized Sport Sunglasses – Best Night Driving GlassesSoxick is well-known to be an odd brand for various reasons. However, the main reason being the origin of Soxick HD – Night Driving Polarized Sports Sunglasses. The technology used in creating these sunglasses was developed to aid the German military in low-light conditions.
With the military-grade quality, this model provides exceptional anti-glare and UV protection. Its yellow Polaroid lens reduces common eye fatigue by eliminating glare with its anti-reflective coating.
Some of the intriguing features of the Soxick HD – Night Driving Polarized Sports Sunglasses include:
- HD Polarized lenses that provide 100% eye protection, making them best for driving and outdoor activities. They give a natural and clear vision.
- Lightweight – features an aluminum-magnesium frame which makes it not only lightweight but also skin-friendly with no allergic risks.
- Comfortable – it is a classy and fashionable sunglass that sits firmly on the face even during involving outdoor activities.
- 30-day money back guarantee – manufacturers provide 30-day money back guarantee where customers can return the product within 30 days if they are not satisfied.
- Due to these features, the Soxick HD – Night Driving Polarized Sports Sunglasses is a perfect choice for outdoor activities such as climbing, trekking, driving and riding a motorcycle.
2. Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses – Best for Outdoor ActivitiesThe Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses are comfortable and stylish motorcycle riding sunglasses that completely blocks the UVB and UVA harmful rays. They feature up to 7 layers of protection, including the anti-glare, scatter proof UV protection and other additional layers that enhance durability.
These sunglasses provide a crystal-clear view with HD rated visible quality. It features soft nose pads that hold the sunglasses better on the face. Perhaps the best feature of these glasses are the clear, super light, durable and stylish frames.
The cool rimless jacket frame provides a clear visual field as the lightweight design makes them ideal for motorcycle and bicycle riding. They can also be used for climbing, trekking, skiing, fishing and other various outdoor activities. Fashion enthusiasts can also try them out, with an admirable color combination of the lens and frames.
The Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses features a polycarbonate lens that are impact and scratch resistant. They are certainly durable and unbreakable. To support this feature, manufacturers offer lifetime breakage warranty on the frame. In case they break, contact the sellers immediately for a new product.
As with other sunglass manufacturers, this product comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. This enables customers to return if they find it unsatisfactory after purchase.
3. Carfia Polarized Sports Sunglasses – Best Feature-Packed Motorcycle SunglassesIf you are looking for a feature-packed motorcycle riding sunglasses, the Carfia Polarized Sports Sunglasses should be your product of choice. It is a good choice for men and women looking to take their eye-protection measures to better levels during riding or engaging in various outdoor activities.
The notable features of these sunglasses are the 5 interchangeable lenses that offer 100% UV4 protection. With this, the glasses block all the harmful UVA and UVB. This Interchangeable feature enables riders to optimize their vision. The main lens is the multi-color lens with amber for night activities, clear for the windy weather; the black lens is polarized for driving and blue for the beach.
The polycarbonate-polarized lenses are engineered to cut up to 99 percent of glare from pavements and paths to minimize distractions. They also have an improved depth perception that makes it easy to spot loose gravel, small cracks, potholes and sand on your way.
The glasses boast of a premium TR90 frame with flattering lines that create an aesthetically pleasing frame. The high-quality materials also provide great performance and great comfort. Like other models, the nose support features a soft silicone that can be adjusted to fit your nose well.
4. Global Vision Eyewear Safety Glasses – Best for Industrial ApplicationsThe Global Vision Eyewear Safety Glasses are among the best industrial grade sunglasses that provide exceptional motorcycle riding abilities. These sunglasses produced by Global Vision come in three different lens colors. Users can choose from either the yellow lens color, clear or the smoke colored lens.
Just like other motorcycle riding sunglasses of this caliber, they are made of high quality composite polycarbonate material that expertly absorbs impact. This makes this item shatterproof. Similarly, they are equipped with UV400 protection ability that keeps the riders eyes safe from the harmful UV sun rays.
Besides being shatterproof, they are tough and to a better level, indestructible. This has been tested and confirmed by the ANSI Z87.1, recommending this model for industrial applications.
Despite the intriguing features, the Global Vision Eyewear Safety Glasses retails at an affordable price. This makes it possible for enthusiasts to have multiple pairs with varying lens colors for different light conditions.
5. Pacific Coast Airfoil Padded Riding Goggles – Best for Extreme Sports and Motorcycle RidingThe Pacific Coast Airfoil Padded Riding Goggles are a perfect choice for those anticipating riding competitions and other sporting activities. As you may know, a perfectly fitting item with clear-cut vision is mandatory for such sports. This is what this sunglass provides.
The glasses become dark during daylight especially during outdoor environments and automatically lighten or becomes clear when worn indoors at nighttime. Like other quality sunglasses, their lens is made of shatterproof polycarbonate that provides exception UV protection.
The Pacific Coast Airfoil Padded Riding Goggles protects from dust, water, wind and other alien materials trying to sneak into your eyes as well as anti-fogging ability. The snug fit and the soft foam lining ascertain this.
Things to Consider Before Buying Motorcycle Riding Sunglasses
As mentioned before, your sunglasses are of immense importance if you need to soar up any road on your motorcycle. The best motorcycle glasses for wind provide utmost comfort, safety, durability and optical clarity.
It can be quite confusing to find the best riding sunglasses suitable for a particular environment and ride. However, worry not as our guide below will walk you through the various features characterizing good motorcycle sunglasses.
Sunglasses Lens Option
There are two main aspects to consider when it comes to lens options. This includes the lens color and lens coating or features. Depending on personal preference, you can choose one of the following three colors.
- Clear lens – they are easy to see in the dark and shadowed areas. You will also not need to remove the glasses when going indoors.
- Grey lens – this color minimizes distortions and offer a true color perception. They are a good choice for everyday wear.
- Brown lens – this lens color has increased contrast in enhancing depth perception. They also make it easy to discern road obstacles such as potholes and bumps.
On the other hand, lens coatings involve several options. Lens can either have transitions signature, transition xtractive, transition vantage or the transition drivewear. Below are the key features of each coating.
- Has the traditional transition lens
- Clear to medium in color
- Transitions in this type vary from clear to a dark lens
- They are the fastest and darkest transition lens
- They are perfect for both day and night
- Transits from virtually clear to medium semi-polarized sunglasses
- Becomes polarized as it activates
- Transits from polarized medium sunglass to polarized dark brown sunglasses
- Typically is the best for driving as they will transition behind a windshield.
Other coating options include:
- Anti-fog coating – as the name suggests, helps in minimizing fogging.
- Reflective coating – helps in reducing glare from headlights and roads.
- Hydrophobic coating – repels any element of water and beneficial for motorcycles riding during rain.
- Oleophobic coating – these coatings repel any dust, dirt and oil particles as well as smudges including fingerprints.
Prescription Motorcycle Riding Lenses
There are three prescription motorcycle lenses available. They include:
- Single vision – these are prescription lenses that only have one type of correction.
- Bifocal/readers lens – they have a distance prescription on top and a reading prescription on the bottom. Some have a defined line that ensures that the users do not interfere with vision during the ride.
- Progressive lens – this type of prescription lenses provide distance, reading and intermediate abilities in one lens. They can also be referred to as unlined bifocal or trifocal reading lenses.
Motorcycle Riding Sunglasses Frame
There are various frame factors to consider before purchasing any light adjusting motorcycle glasses. They include:
Coverage – this is the biggest factor that is determined by the type of helmet you wear. For an open face helmet, you will need motorcycle-riding sunglasses that provide extra coverage. This will help in protecting your eyes from wind and other unexpected particles that can interfere with your riding vision.
Durability – riding sunglasses are cool riding accessories as well as fashion statements. They need to be durable and tough.
Helmet fit – ensure that the frame you choose perfectly fits underneath your helmet, ascertaining that both products are compatible.
Temples – compared to hooked temples, straight temples will be easier to put on or take off. They also fit perfectly under a helmet.
Interchangeable temples – various modern companies make it easy for users to switch from riding glasses to goggles. This makes them convenient as they can be switched from riding to ordinary glasses easily. However, note that these extra parts may be less durable.
Straps – various frames come with an extended strap that helps users personalize the glasses’ fit.
Foam – frame foam padding has two main importance. The first being that they ascertain comfort especially when wind exerts pressure on the sunglasses against your face. The second benefit is that they serve as a lock against debris. This is simply because it forms a seal between your eyes and the glasses.
When looking at the frame foam, there are two main things to consider. They could be either removable or replaceable. Removable models are perfect for short rides where you will need to easily take off the form and turn your riding sunglasses into a casual frame.
On the other hand, replaceable foams are good for long and hot rides where sweating is inevitable. These foams can easily be replaced when necessary.
Protecting your eyes from various hazards of the road is as important as other forms of protection employed when riding a motorcycle. Due to this, it is of immense importance to choose the best motorcycle glasses for wind.
The best product should ascertain maximum comfort, be convenient and provide protection from environmental hazards such as wind and dust as well as provide UV rays protection.
Our motorcycle riding sunglasses review above outlines all you need to know before making the final decision. You can as well purchase one of the products we have mentioned above.
For enthusiastic riders, which of the products mentioned above is your favorite? Share with us in the comments section below!