There is not denying, Smartphones are a part of our lives now. These devices come with an array of accessories, including chargers and data transfer cables.
However, these may fail with time, requiring you to get a replacement. Other than that, you may just be looking for a trendier and more convenient interface for charging your phone and transferring data.
Regardless of the case, a good magnetic phone charger will come in handy.
However, you must have realized that there are numerous products to choose from in the market today. to choose the best unit out of the hundreds available today, you should know what to look for.
In this regard, you should consider such aspects as the strength of the magnet, type of attachment as well as length and durability of the cord on your preferred charger.
To make things easier for you, here are five of the best magnetic phone chargers today.
Best Magnetic Phone Chargers 2018
|Smart & Cool Gen3 Nylon Braided Super Magnetic Micro USB Charging and Data Transfer Cable|
|Wsken Mini 2 Micro USB Magnetic LED Display Data Sync Fast Charge Cable|
|NetDot 3 Pack Upgraded 1 m/3.3 ft Nylon Bradied USB2.0 Fast Charging Magnetic Micro USB Cable|
|SOJITEK Genuine Detachable Magnetic Charging Charger|
|Geeks Garage 2 in 1 Magnetic Phone Charger|
1. Smart & Cool Gen3 Nylon Braided Super Magnetic Micro USB Charging and Data Transfer Cable – Best OverallThe Gen 5 version of this Smart & Cool magnetic charging cable may be out already, but the Smart & Cool Gen3 Nylon Braided Super Magnetic Micro USB cable is here to conquer.
There is a reason why this product has been approved by thousands of users across the globe; it is good at what it is meant to do. Some of the things most of the users love this product for include affordability and practicality.
Though priced below $10, this super magnetic cable is actually one of the best you can get today. The unit features a patented Micro USB connector, along with a super strong magnet. These have been proven to give a strong, secure and more convenient attachment to the phone.
As such, the product is rated one of the best for the visually impaired users as well as drivers. Such individuals are unable or do not have the time to pay close attention to how they attach the cable to their phones.
In addition to charging your phone, you may also use this cable to transfer data to and from the phone. In this regard, it is compatible with an array of phones and gadgets. As a matter of fact, this cable may be used with any gadget that has a Micro USB port, including Windows and Android phones, Bluetooth speakers, tablets and cameras.
2. Wsken Mini 2 Micro USB Magnetic LED Display Data Sync Fast Charge Cable – The Best Fast-charge Magnetic ChargerAs compared to the product reviewed above, the Wsken Mini 2 Micro USB cable is relatively costlier. However, you also need to know that it offers more features. Starting with the basics, this Wsken cable is a metal magnetic cable.
As such it is tough and durable enough to withstand daily abuse for years to come without failing. You will definitely love the LED display used on the micro USB end of the cable. The light comes on when the cable is charging.
In addition to charging the phone, the cable is built to support USB 2.0 data transfer. The charging performance offered by this unit is another reason why thousands of consumers lover it so much. In this regard, the cable is known to offer a fast charging experience for the phones and gadgets it supports. As you can imagine, data transfer through this cable is equally fast.
Wear and tear is not going to be a problem for this one; the both sides of the cable are metallic. Whenever you are not using the cable, you may as well use the connector as an anti-dust plug on your valuable gadget. When used this way, the connector is aesthetically appealing and almost unnoticeable.
3. NetDot 3 Pack Upgraded 1 m/3.3 ft Nylon Braided USB2.0 Fast Charging Magnetic Micro USB Cable – The Best Magnetic Charger for iPhonesIf you are trying to balance affordability with functionality in your new magnetic phone charge, you should consider buying the NetDot 3 Pack cable today. Priced below $16, it is a strong and durable product that offers fast charging for all iPhones. This is made possible by the relatively high 2.1 A current output offered by the cable.
The cable may also be used for high-speed sync and data transfer. With regards to strength, the core as well as the braided jacket of the cable is made of High-Quality nylon. Additionally the product boasts of a Bulletproof Aramid Fiber construction. This makes it about five times stronger than traditional magnetic phone chargers.
4. SOJITEK Genuine Detachable Magnetic Charging Charger – The Longest Magnetic Phone ChargerThe Sojitek Genuine Detachable Magnetic Charger features a very strong magnet. As a matter of fact, the magnet used on this unit can support a weight of about one pound when suspended upside down. As such, it is proven to offer, a secure and reliable connection to your phone and will not fall out accidentally. Again, the connector may be pulled out in any direction. However, you should avoid pulling it straight out.
The cable comes features a relatively long, 5 feet cord. Additionally, it is equipped with a 25″ Micro USB Magnetic Adapter, which is compatible with most Android devices. What’s more, this adapter may also be used with Lightning magnetic as well as Type-C connectors. However, you will have to buy the latter separately.
5. Geeks Garage 2 in 1 Magnetic Phone Charger – The Best Affordable Magnetic Phone ChargerTalk of affordability, versatility or even convenience and ease of use. The 2 in 1 Magnetic Phone Charger by Geeks Garage will offer you all that. Again, the product is also beautiful to look at and its jacket is made of a durable material. For enhanced durability, the cable is covered in braided nylon. The product is shock-resistant and features a quality metal plug.
You will also love the fact that the product is anti-corrosive and can support a myriad of Android devices as well as iPhones. In this regard, the unit supports both Micro USB and Lightning magnetic connectors. The Power off protection is one of the things that set this cable apart from the rest. This safety feature uses a built in intelligent protection chip to know when the device is fully charged and go off automatically.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a Magnetic Phone Charger
As technology advances by the day, it is not only the gadgets that are advancing with it; gadget accessories are also evolving as time goes by. As opposed to the olden days, there are several ways and types of chargers you may use to recharge your phone today.
However, magnetic phone chargers are known to be some of the most convenient, high performance and easy to use ways of charging iPhones or Android phones.
Are you tired of having to plug your phone in and out whenever you would like to recharge the battery? You really need to upgrade to the best magnetic charger right away. The functioning of these trendy chargers may be compared to that of the iPhone 8P data cable.
This makes them relatively more convenient at charging the phone and transferring data between the phone and your PC.
If you are looking for the best magnetic cable in the market, here are some of the things you should consider:
1. The Type of Magnetic Charger Attachment
Well, the truth is that not all the magnetic cable chargers available today are built the same. The various chargers may be categorized into 3 broad groups, based on the type of attachment they have. The right attachment should make it easier and more convenient for you to attach your phone to the charger. When shopping for these charges, you will have to choose between the following types:
- Micro USB – In these chargers, the attachment resembles a conventional USB connector, but is comparatively smaller. The functioning of these micro USB connectors is also similar to that of the traditional USB connectors.
- Lighting Connectors – Products within this category are specifically meant for use with Apple products, such as iPhones and MacBooks.
- Type-C connectors – This is the type of attachment that you can just plug into the charging port on your phone without checking the right attachment side. In this regard, the charger will work, regardless of how you attach the attachment to the phone.
The choice of the right magnetic charger attachment mainly depends on your individual preferences. Therefore, you should just go for the attachment type you find to be more convenient and applicable to your lifestyle. Most importantly, you need to ensure that the attachment type you have chosen is compatible with the charging port on your phone.
2. Cord Length and Strength
Just like traditional phone chargers, magnetic chargers comprise of cords. When shopping for the right unit, you need to check the cord length as well as its build strength. The right choice of cord length and strength will mainly depend on the intended application and the environment you will be using the charger in.
The various magnetic cables have different cord lengths. If you would like to use your phone while it is still charging, you should ensure that the cord is long enough. In such a scenario, the cord length should allow you comfortable access to the phone.
This should be possible without disrupting the charging or data transfer process through the cable. Based on your preferences, it is advisable to choose a length that you find to be appropriate.
With regards to the build strength, the cord should be able to withstand wear and tear. Will you be using the cord in a work environment where it will be exposed to wear and tear every now and then? The exterior coating on your preferred magnetic charger should be made of a tough material.
This will help the unit withstand wear and tear. This will, in turn, enhance its durability.
3. LED Indicator
Though not so important, a status LED indicator will help you know the charging status from a distance. Most of the leading magnetic phone chargers today feature LED light indicators to tell you when the phone is charging, when it is not charging and when it is fully charged.
With this feature, you do not have to touch the phone to know the charging status.
The Final Verdict
Now that you have decided to get yourself a magnetic charging cable, do you know which of them is ideal for your gadget?
Again, you also need to worry about the cord strength and length of your preferred magnetic phone charger.
Even with such considerations, different users have varying preferences when it comes to magnetic charging cables.
Regardless of your preferences, this guide will help you choose the best magnetic phone charger.