What is the best solution for your typing needs whenever you are traveling? Very few options can beat the convenience, portability and versatility of the best laser keyboards today whenever you are traveling.
Also referred to as projecting keyboards or virtual keyboards, laser keyboards only require an opaque, flat surface for them to work (Source).
The leading virtual keyboard brands today are compatible with a wide range of devices, including PCs, tablets, notebooks and Smartphones.
Unlike conventional keyboards, laser keyboards are comparatively small in size. Owing to their compact design, you can easily fit one into your pocket as you would a regular phone.
To buy the best laser keyboard, there are several things that you need to consider. For instance, you need to go for the best battery capacity, highest speeds and compatibility, as explained in this guide.
Best Laser Keyboards 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Laser Keyboards 2019
- 2 1. Celluon EPIC Ultra-Portable Full-Size Virtual Keyboard – Best Overall
- 3 2. AGS Wireless Laser Projection Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard – The Best Laser Keyboard for iOS Devices
- 4 3. LAMASTON Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard – Best Value for Money
- 5 4. Virtual keyboard, ShowMe(TM) Laser Projection Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard – The Best Affordable Laser Keyboard Option
- 6 5. iNextStation Wireless Bluetooth Projection Virtual Keyboard – The Best Lightweight Laser Keyboard
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying a Laser Keyboard
- 8 Final Verdict
|Celluon EPIC Ultra-Portable Full-Size Virtual Keyboard|
|AGS Wireless Laser Projection Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard|
|LAMASTON Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard|
|Virtual keyboard, ShowMe(TM) Laser Projection Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard|
|iNextStation Wireless Bluetooth Projection Virtual Keyboard|
1. Celluon EPIC Ultra-Portable Full-Size Virtual Keyboard – Best OverallJust like many other computer users today, you must be looking for the best value for money in your next keyboard. Get yourself one of the best laser virtual keyboards today that also serves as a mouse – the Celluon EPIC Ultra=Portable Virtual keyboard. With a simple switch flick, you can transform this multi-touch mouse into a full-size QWERTY keyboard.
This keyboard is designed to support an assortment of gadgets. In this regard, it is compatible with Android 4.0 and later, iOS 4.0 and later, Blackberry 10 as well as Windows XP and later. Additionally, the EPIC Ultra portable supports all Bluetooth HID devices. Additionally, the software used in this device is constantly updated to include compatibility for emerging platforms.
The unit allows you to alter several settings to suit your own preferences. For instance, you can easily customize the display brightness, sound feedback and sensitivity of the keyboard to your desired levels. This makes the EPIC Ultra=Portable one of the most versatile keyboard options available today.
The unit features an inbuilt Polymer Lithium-ion battery. This battery is capable of delivering 660 mAH of current at 3.7V. With such a long-lasting battery on your unit, you do not need to worry about plugging it in every now and then or even replacing the battery.
2. AGS Wireless Laser Projection Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard – The Best Laser Keyboard for iOS DevicesAmong the most appealing aspects of the AGS Wireless Laser Projection Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard is its aesthetics. This unit features a sleek designed and is availed in either black or silver color options. While some of the leading products in the industry do not support iOS devices, this one does exceptionally well, in this regard. The keyboard is designed to support an array of devices, particularly iPhones and iPads.
Additionally, the unit is compatible with several Smartphone and Tablet brands in the market today. You will also find the keyboard pretty easy to use. This may be attributed to the interactive user interface used in the product. Since you are looking for a really portable option, battery capabilities ought to be a key consideration. In this regard, the product is equipped with a capable lithium ion battery.
This battery may be recharged through your tablet or phone and will not lose charge fast. This ensures that you have an uninterrupted typing experience for many hours. With regards to connectivity, this product mainly uses Bluetooth. As such, it can only work with Bluetooth enabled devices. You will also find this keyboard compact and lightweight; hence easier to carry around.
3. LAMASTON Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard – Best Value for MoneyWhat if you had a smaller virtual laser keyboard that does much more? The LAMASTON Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard is one such product. This product offers 3 main functions; as a virtual keyboard, Bluetooth speaker and a virtual mouse. Even so, the virtual keyboard is priced below $35. This is, without a doubt, one of the products that offer the best value for your money.
With regards to convenience, several aspects of this laser keyboard may be adjusted to suit user preferences. For instance, you can easily adjust the keyboard brightness; keyboards sounds and turn the beep sound on or off. Additionally, the unit allows you to turn the speaker on an off. You will also love the fact that this keyboard supports several languages.
To change your preferred input language, you should press and hold ‘Menu’ and then press the space key. This method is only applicable to iOS systems. If you are using the keyboard with a Windows or Android device, you should refer to the set of input method for the device. The keyboard may be connected through Bluetooth or USB; hence is compatible with many devices today.
4. Virtual keyboard, ShowMe(TM) Laser Projection Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard – The Best Affordable Laser Keyboard OptionThe laser used in this product has been approved by the FDA as safe. However, you should not project the laser directly to your eyes. While the ShowMe Laser Projection Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard is a relatively affordable product, it has a horde of impressive features to speak of. To begin with, the unit is equipped with mini Bluetooth speakers. As such, you can use this product as a Bluetooth speaker for your iPad, iPhone 6, Android Smartphone or tablet.
The laser projection offered by this product has undergone several upgrades to make it smarter and more stable. For increased consumer satisfaction, the manufacturer replaced the mini USB port initially offered for the product with a micro USB port. As such, it is now easier for you to find a compatible cable for your ShowMe Laser Projection Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard.
The new model will last longer, without the need to plug it in. this may be attributed to the recent battery upgrade, from a 600 mAh to 1000 mAh capacity battery in the product. As such, you can now use your virtual keyboard for longer before recharging it. For enhanced battery life, the unit is designed to automatically change into sleep mode after 8 seconds of inactivity.
5. iNextStation Wireless Bluetooth Projection Virtual Keyboard – The Best Lightweight Laser KeyboardIf you are looking for the perfect blend of functionality and portability in your laser keyboard, you should consider buying the iNextStation Wireless Bluetooth Projection Virtual Keyboard. One thing you will love about this product is that it is lightweight and will not take up much space. Regardless of its compact design, the unit offers a full-size QWERTY keyboard in the form of a safe laser.
With regards to functionality, this is one of the fastest wireless virtual keyboards you can find today. Owing to its unmatched accuracy, this iNextStation keyboard is capable of detecting up to 350 characters per minute. When it comes to compatibility, the unit is built to connect with a vast array of devices and operating systems. In this regard, it supports Bluetooth connectivity.
Some of the platforms supported by this laser keyboard include Android 3.1 and later, iOS 4/5/6, Windows Phone 7, Max OS X, Blackberry 10 and Windows XP/VISTA/7/8. As you can see, you can connect your iNextStation keyboard to virtually ant Smartphone, iPhone, iPad, PC or tablet without any problem.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a Laser Keyboard
Are you are looking for a portable typing solution or are just after the trendy and modern keyboard in the market? You should consider buying some of the best Laser Virtual Keyboards today.
This technology will display a virtual keyboard wirelessly on any flat surface. You can use this virtual keyboard just as you would any conventional keyboard.
The only difference is that you will not need the bulky hardware and cords, commonly associated with QWERTY keyboards, to use a laser keyboard. With regards to portability, the projector for this keyboard is often the size of a regular match box.
Since this technology is a bit new in the market, choosing the right virtual laser keyboard may be a daunting task. In this regard, here are some of the things you should consider while shopping for the right one:
1. Battery Life
Just like many other users, you probably are after a virtual keyboard because it is more portable. In this regard, it is advisable to choose a unit that offers an extended battery life.
Most of the available units today will last for about 3 hours under continuous use. Some of the modern units feature modes that enhance battery life.
Basically, the powers saving modes in these units are meant to minimize power consumption by the laser keyboard. For instance, this mode will automatically dim the keyboard after a certain period of inactivity.
While shopping for the best laser keyboard, you should go for the one with modes that give you the best battery life.
Speed is the other aspect that you need to consider while shopping for the best keyboard. How many characters can your preferred virtual keyboard model detect per minute?
The right keyboard speed will mainly depend on the intended application. For high speed typing, it is advisable to go for keyboards that can detect between 350 and 400 characters per minute.
In addition to the typing speed, you also need to consider the pairing speed offered by your preferred unit. It is advisable to go for the laser keyboards that are easy and quick to install and pair with your devices.
You do not want to waste a lot of time installing drivers in your computer, right? You should buy the laser keyboards that do not require the installation of software drivers.
Not all the available virtual keyboards are compatible with all gadgets. For instance, some of the leading brands may work well with PCs, but fail to work with Macs. This being the case, you should only buy a keyboard that is compatible with several of the operating systems available today. This will allow you to use the keyboard on a vast array of computers and gadgets.
4. Range of Adjustable Brightness
There is no point of having a laser keyboard, if you cannot see the projection under certain light conditions, right? Therefore, you should consider buying a unit that offers a considerable range of adjustable brightness.
With such inbuilt control settings in your preferred unit, you will be able to regulate the brightness of the keyboard, hence be able to see the projected keyboard under different light conditions.
As you may have realized, every virtual laser keyboard is unique in its own ways. Similarly, different users are looking for different aspects while shopping for these products.
For instance, some are looking for affordability and effectiveness. Then these are those who are looking for impeccable performance, speed and extended compatibility in their virtual keyboards.
Regardless of what you are looking for, this guide will help you buy the best laser keyboard in the market.