If you are in the market for a lawn mower that saves you money and is easy to operate, consider the Kobalt 80-volt cordless electric mower.
You will be able to ditch the oil and gas for this cleaner, quieter mower without losing the power. The Kobalt 80-volt Self-propelled Mower offers up to 80 minutes runtime on a fully charged 6.0 Ah battery.
This second generation of the Kobalt 80-volt mower will take on up to a ¾ acre lot on a single charge. Offering 3 cutting options, rear bag, mulch, or side discharge you can take on all your yard work.
With a great 5-year limited tool warranty and 3-year limited battery warranty you can push this mower to the limits knowing you are covered.
What Features Stand Out the Most with the Kobalt Electric Mower?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Features Stand Out the Most with the Kobalt Electric Mower?
- 2 Other Key Features
- 3 Kobalt 80-volt Specs
- 4 What People Love About the Kobalt 80-Volt Mower
- 5 Where the Kobalt 80-Volt Misses the Mark
- 6 How to Use the Kobalt 80-Volt Mower
- 7 How Much Does the Kobalt 80-Volt Cost?
- 8 Why Buy the Kobalt 80-Volt Max Mower?
The easy to use mower has a 21-inch cutting deck. Also, seven cutting heights that easily adjust with a single lever forward or backward on one wheel. Maneuvering is made easy with the 10-inch rear wheels and 8-inch front wheels.
Mowers will love the uncomplicated 3-in-1 capabilities from installing the mulcher lock, taking the bag on and off. Or, snapping on the side-discharge chute this powerful tool is not complex in use.
Besides being better for the environment, switching to a gas free mower is also much lighter in weight. Overall, the Kobalt 80-volt mower is a great option across the board. Continue reading below to see key features, specification, where to buy and the cost.
Other Key Features
- Long Run Time: Up to 80 minutes runtime on a fully charged 6.0 Ah battery (battery and charger included)
- Battery Operated: Not only do you get to say goodbye to gas but it’s better for the environment too. And with an 80-volt, 6AH battery, you get more power and longer runtime on each charge. Battery bonus! The strong 80-volt will fit over 23 Kobalt tools making it a great addition to your collection.
- Self-Propelled: With rear-wheel drive power assist you get increased traction to take on the toughest terrains. Having variable-speed control allows you to set your own pace and mow without extra effort.
- Brushless Motor: The digitally controlled brushless motor maximizes power and extends battery runtime.
- Easy Height Adjustment: 7-position single-lever height adjustment allows you to achieve the perfect cut on all grass types.
- Push Button Start: This simple feature means there are no cords to pull.
- Warranty: 5-year limited tool warranty and 3-year limited battery warranty
Kobalt 80-volt Specs
- Adjustment Type: Single-point
- Assembled Weight: 76 lbs
- Battery Amp Hours: 6.0 Ah
- Brushless Motor: Yes
- Charge Time: 1.5 hours
- Height Adjustment: 7-position
- Cut Width: 20.5″
- Cut Range: 1/2 to 1 acre
- Discharge Location: Rear and side
- Drive Type: Rear-wheel drive
- Front/Rear Wheel Size: 8″/10″
- Handle Adjustment: 3-position
- Cut Range: 1.38″-3.75″
- Mulching: Yes
What People Love About the Kobalt 80-Volt Mower
If you are in the market for a new, quiet, energy and labor-saving mower that is fun to operate, then this is the mower for you.
- Easy to Maneuver: Even on steep terrain the Kobalt got the job done with limited effort thanks to the self-propelled technology.
- Large Range of Motion: Simply use one lever to set all wheels to any of the 7 height levels that range from 1.25” to 4.375”.
- Handle Position: With 3 handle positions everyone can mow at a comfortable and customized setting.
- Quick Charge: The powerful battery charges in under two hours.
- Lightweight: At under 60lbs the mower is light without losing the sturdiness you expect.
- No More Oil or Gas: No rope to pull, no odor to smell. You will not miss the gas or oil.
- Battery Life Indicator: An on-board indicator allows you to monitor your battery life while using.
- Vertical Storage: Easy fold up and no fear of gas or oil leaks allows for easy in garage storage.
- Smartcut Technology: Uneven grass is no trouble with this feature.
Where the Kobalt 80-Volt Misses the Mark
- Tall Grass: In very tall grass the Kobalt may struggle to keep up.
- No LED Lights: Some miss this feature.
- Awkward Fold: The handle can be awkward to fold.
- Smaller Bag: The bag can fill quickly before your lawn is complete.
- Thumb Controls: Hand positions are limited with thumb controlled self-propelled motor controls.
How to Use the Kobalt 80-Volt Mower
As with any new power tool make sure you read through the instructions before getting started. The full user guide can be found here.
This mower is equipped with a “soft-start” feature. When initially starting up, the mower will take approx. 3 seconds to get up to full speed.
Before using the mower for the first time, raise the cutting position to the height best suited for your lawn. The average lawn should be between 1-1/2 in. and 2 in. during cool months and between 2 in. and 3-1/2 in. during hot months.
Mowing Tip: A sharp blade will greatly enhance the performance of the mower, especially when cutting high grass. Be sure to check the blade and to sharpen it at least once per year.
Mulching Tip: Inspect the area where the mower is to be used and remove all stones, sticks, wires, bones, and other debris that might be thrown by the rotating blade.
Storage Tip: Store the mower indoors, in a cool, dry place, out of the reach of children. Do not cover the lawn mower with a solid plastic sheet. Plastic coverings trap moisture around the mower, which causes rust and corrosion.
Safety Features: For safety purposes, the Kobalt 80-volt has a two-stage starting process in which operators must push the start button and then pull back the handle.
Maintenance: Make sure you are cleaning the mower regularly, including underneath the deck. You should inspect the blade from time to time. Check the owner’s manual for all maintenance suggestions.
How Much Does the Kobalt 80-Volt Cost?
The Kobalt 80-volt Max is priced under $600 and is frequently marked down to at least $550, depending on availability.
This is a high-tech mower that offers great cutting options, such as 3-in-1 mowing. Also, an impressive blade that can get through even wet or thick grass with little issues.
While the price tag can seem a bit steep, remember that owning a battery-operated mower means you will never have to shell out money for gas.
Why Buy the Kobalt 80-Volt Max Mower?
The Kobalt 80-Volt Cordless Mower is an efficient and powerful lawn mower that leaves your lawn looking great. This mower is a great clean-energy replacement that is easier to maneuver then a heavy gas-powered mower.
Backed by the generous five-year warranty, the Kobalt 80-Volt is one of the best electric mowers available. With its long-lasting battery, quality cutting and mulching power, this mower offers everything you need at an affordable price.
Leave a Reply