Are you recovering from a knee injury or are suffering from arthritis? Hiking, especially for long distances, is not going to be as comfortable as it used to be.
In most cases, you are likely to experience knee pain and the tissues around the joint may get inflamed. Knee pain is actually the most common among joint pain for humans.
To avoid such pain, it is advisable to buy a reliable knee brace if you’re going on a hike (Source). When used appropriately, braces have a horde of benefits.
The leading knee braces for hiking today are designed to offer increased pressure and support around the kneecap. As such, they are great at preventing knee pain and injuries.
When buying a knee brace, you should consider such aspects as the type and style, size, quality and comfort of the product.
Best Knee Braces for Hiking 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Knee Braces for Hiking 2019
- 2 1. Mava Sports Knee Support Sleeves – Best Overall
- 3 2. Abco Tech Patella Knee Strap – Most Affordable Knee Brace
- 4 3. Winzone Knee Support – Best Open Patella Knee Brace
- 5 4. Bracoo Knee Support, Open-Patella Stabilizer – Most Customizable Knee Brace
- 6 5. SB SOX Compression Knee Brace – Best Slip-on Knee Brace
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying a Knee Braces for Hiking
- 8 Our Final Verdict
|Mava Sports Knee Support Sleeves|
|Abco Tech Patella Knee Strap|
|Winzone Knee Support|
|Bracoo Knee Support, Open-Patella Stabilizer|
|SB SOX Compression Knee Brace|
1. Mava Sports Knee Support Sleeves – Best OverallGet a pair of knee support braces that will allow you to focus on your hiking rather than the discomfort around your knees. The Mava Sports Knee Support Sleeves are some of the best braces today, in this regard. The product features a bamboo charcoal fiber construction and is specifically designed to offer enhanced comfort for users with sensitive skin.
In addition to being a very durable knee brace choice; this product is also one of the best knee injury recovery aids available today. In this regard, it is rated one of the best braces for relieving knee pain and preventing inflammation today. This being the case, the sleeves will help prevent stiffness and soreness in your knees whenever you are hiking.
Are you recovering from an injury or suffering from arthritis? You will find these knee support sleeves great at rehabilitation and compression of the affected knee. This may be attributed to the fact that the product is designed to offer exceptional endurance and protection for your knees. You will also lime the fact that this product is availed in several size options. As such, it will be easier for you to choose a comfortable fit for your knees.
2. Abco Tech Patella Knee Strap – Most Affordable Knee BraceTo get the best knee braces for hiking, you do not have to go for the expensive options. The Patella Knee straps by Abco Tech are not only an affordable option; they are very effective and versatile in application. Basically, this product is designed to apply a constant amount of pressure to the patellar tendon. As such, you will find these straps ideal for people suffering from patellar tendonitis and other related knee injuries.
Although it is an affordable option, it has been proven to be very effective at reducing knee pain and offering enhanced support to the knees. Additionally, you will also find these braces very effective at correcting misalignment in the knee joint. This being the case, this product will help your patella to heal. You will also love the fact that the straps are adjustable.
As such, they offer a customizable fit for enhanced comfort. This is why the product is known to offer enhanced support and relieve pain without restricting movement on the knee joint.
3. Winzone Knee Support – Best Open Patella Knee BraceAre you looking for a knee brace option that will help stabilize your knee and alleviate pain? You should consider buying the Winzone Knee support braces. For enhanced comfort, the manufacturer uses unexposed, padded support in this product. As such, they will offer you a rigid, yet comfortable knee support and stabilization experience.
The product is considered to be one of the best knee braces for hiking for preventing pain associated with meniscus injuries, sprains and ligament instabilities. Additionally, this product will come in handy for people recovering from MCL/LCL injuries as well as those experiencing knee pains as a result of arthritis.
4. Bracoo Knee Support, Open-Patella Stabilizer – Most Customizable Knee BraceWould you like to get the best blend of affordability, comfort, support and durability in your knee braces? If so, you should consider buying the Bracoo Knee Support Open-Patella Stabilizer right away. Not only is this product aesthetically appealing, it has a horde of features to boast of. To begin with, the product features an extra-thick Neoprene sleeve that is highly breathable. While this is the case, this brace is equipped with adjustable straps for an adjustable fit.
In addition to preventing knee pain and inflammation, this product has been to be effective at stimulating and enhancing circulation within the joint. The extra padding, along with adjustable straps used on this product make it more comfortable to wear. As a result, the stabilizer will make it easier for the joint to heal naturally.
5. SB SOX Compression Knee Brace – Best Slip-on Knee BraceIf you are looking for a brace that is relatively easy to wear, yet effective, the SB SOX Compression Knee Brace will be a great choice. You will also love the comfort offered by this product. In this regard, the brace is made of anti-odor, breathable, moisture wicking and lightweight material. Additionally, the product features a silicone grip gel to reduce friction and soothe the knee joint.
Having been designed to reduce knee pain and offer enhanced support, the product uses a renowned compression technology. As such, the product will boost blood circulation around the knee joint; hence reduce accumulation of lactic acid. This goes a long way in reducing pains and preventing inflammation of the knee joint.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a Knee Braces for Hiking
Do you feel like you knees are on fire whenever you hike a few miles?
Well, you should consider getting yourself the best Knee braces for hiking. As you may have noticed, there are numerous type and models of knee braces today. While this is the case, you need to know that not all the available knee braces are suited for hiking.
So, which is the right knee brace choice for hiking?
While shopping for the best braces for the purpose of hiking, there are several things that you need to consider. In this regard, here are some of the main considerations you have to make while looking for the bets knee braces for hiking.
1. Type of Knee Braces
While the various knee braces available today are meant to do the same thing, they feature different styles and designs. Each of the types comes with its unique set of benefits and downsides. If you are looking for the best ones for hiking, here are the types you should consider:
- Hinged Knee Braces
These are specifically designed to slip over your knees and offer enhanced support for your knees. As such, the various hinged knee braces for hiking are equipped with an effective way of restricting the knee.
For instance, some of the popular hinged braces feature a ring to restrict the knee and offer the support needed. If you have an issue with slipping knee caps, you should consider buying the best hinged knee braces for hiking today.
- Sleeve knee Braces for Hiking
These are specifically designed to slip over the knees like conventional socks. In addition to offering warmth to your knees, these braces will increase pressure to the knees and enhance circulation. As such, they have been proven to be very effective at reducing knee swelling and pain.
If you are recovering from a knee injury and would love to minimize knee aches while you are hiking, this is the right type of braces. This is also a great choice for people suffering from arthritis.
- Strap Braces
As compared to the other brace types discussed above, strap knee braces are known to offer more focused pressure to the knees. Rather than covering the entire knee, these braces are designed to just attach slightly beneath the knee cap.
This being the case, these knee braces are effective at relieving pain associated with tendonitis and patellar whenever you are out hiking.
2. Braces Style
Once you have decided which type of knee braces to buy, you need to worry about the right style. The various knee braces for hiking available today may be categorized into two main styles:
- Slip-on Straps
- Wraparound Braces
The slip-on braces are work like traditional socks. In this regard, you just place you foot into the brace opening and then pull them upwards towards the knee. The wraparound knee braces, on the other hand, should be positioned either behind or in front of the knee. In other words, the braces are wrapped around the knees.
3. Open or Closed Patella?
Many knee cap users today do not know whether to go for the open or the closed patella knee braces. If you are looking for braces that will offer a uniform coverage and support to the entire knee, you should get the closed patella knee braces for hiking.
The various open patella knee braces available today are meant to relieve pressure around the kneecaps. Additionally, these braces will offer appropriate tracking as well as enhanced support for the kneecap.
4. Size and Comfort
If your preferred knee braces are not of the right size, they may end up doing you more harm than good. This is why the leading manufacturers avail their products in several size options. Depending on the size of your knees and the design of the braces, your preferred product should neither be too loose not too tight.
Additionally, your preferred braces should be comfortable for you to wear for long periods.
Rather than going for the fixed size braces, it is advisable to opt for the adjustable options. Since you will be hiking on different terrains, adjustable straps on your braces will come in handy. With such a product, it will be easier for you to loosen or tighten it around your knees for enhanced comfort.
Adjustable straps will also align your knee joints to the patella; hence reduce internal friction within the knee joints.
Our Final Verdict
Whether you are suffering from a knee injury or are trying to avoid one during sports, a knee brace will come in handy.
However, the fact that there are hundreds of these products makes it hard for you to choose the right brace to suit your needs. This choice does not have to be this difficult, though.
Basically, you need to buy a brace of the right size, design and style and one that is comfortable to wear for long hours.
In this regard, some users find the sleeve knee braces more appropriate while others love the strap-on knee braces.
Regardless of your preferences this guide will help you buy the best knee brace in the market.
Also, check out our guide for Leg Massagers for Circulation, if you’re suffering pain.