Are you looking to protect your hands or worker’s hands against tough working conditions? If so, the Kevlar cut resistant gloves should be your choice.
Kevlar work gloves are perfect for protection against various cutting tool injuries, sharp edges such as grinders, utility knives, ceramics, cut metal sheets, and hatchets (Source).
Besides protection, their design allow them to provide immense hand and finger flexibility.
For such functionality, kevlar gloves are made from highly durable materials with utmost sturdiness. They are not only cut resistant, but also abrasion and heat resistant.
With the plenty of cut resistant gloves on the market, our review and buying guide below will help you find the best pair out there.
Best Kevlar Cut Resistant Gloves 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Kevlar Cut Resistant Gloves 2018
- 2 1. The Custom Leathercraft 615L Extreme Kevlar Gloves – Best Heavy-Duty Gloves
- 3 2. The HWI Kevlar Lined Duty Gloves – Best for Classically Designed Gloves
- 4 3. The Rapdom Tactical Kevlar Gloves – Best for Protection Against Sharp Objects
- 5 4. The Wislife Kevlar Gloves – Best Multipurpose Kevlar Glove
- 6 5. The G&F 1607L Kevlar Gloves – Most Affordable
- 7 Things to Consider Before Buying Cut Resistant Gloves
- 8 Our Final Review
|The Custom Leathercraft Extreme Kevlar Gloves|
|The HWI Kevlar Lined Duty Gloves|
|The Rapdom Tactical Kevlar Gloves|
|The Wislife Kevlar Gloves|
|The G&F 1607L Kevlar Gloves|
1. The Custom Leathercraft 615L Extreme Kevlar Gloves – Best Heavy-Duty GlovesFor heavy-duty applications, the Custom Leathercraft 615L Extreme Kevlar Gloves would be a perfect choice. Supporting this is the two-way spandex top material with a thermoplastic strip running from the fingertip to the back.
This amounts to great insulation and protection from the back of the hand to the palm. It also features a 10-mm thick knuckle and 7-mm thick TPRs running through the thumbs and fingers.
For maximum durability, it features a computerized stitching with polyester thread. The TPR pull-tab makes it quite easy to put on the gloves.
To complete the dorsal impact protection feature, the Custom Leathercraft 615L Extreme Kevlar Gloves adds a 0.8mm thick synthetic leather base. The glove’s grip is nothing to worry about. Perfectly described, they resemble a grip from an old sandpaper.
The gloves are perfect for motorcycle riding and minimal industrial work. Nonetheless, it requires that you find the perfect size fit. They are also warm making them perfect for winter, spring and fall seasons.
2. The HWI Kevlar Lined Duty Gloves – Best for Classically Designed GlovesThe HWI Kevlar Lined Duty Gloves is a perfect choice if you are searching for a classically designed and all-leather duty glove featuring a modern functional design. It contains 100% aniline goatskin leather that ascertains durability as well as a great feel.
The contour cut adds to its comfort as well as contributes to its abrasion-resistant feature. The full Kevlar liner added is perhaps the other contributor to its cut resistance. The key features of these gloves include:
- Contour cut natural design provides a natural fit
- Its hook and loop closure ascertains a snug secure fit
- Kevlar liner adds to the cut resistant protection feature
- Available in various sizes with a size chart
- Made from high-grade aniline goatskin that offers great feel besides contributing to its abrasion-resistant feature.
- The glove combines its classical modern design and a functional design providing a great versatility for its use.
3. The Rapdom Tactical Kevlar Gloves – Best for Protection Against Sharp ObjectsAlso known as the attacker gloves, The Rapdom Tactical Kevlar Gloves are best for providing ultimate protection against any attacking threats. They are feature packed to provide utmost security yet does not compromise on comfort.
Starting is their 100% cut-resistant Honeywell spectra liner. The back part is made of a combination of durable cowhide leather and Kevlar fabric that ascertains flask and flame redundancy.
To ensure that it provides great sharp protection on both sides of the hand, the knuckle aspect of the glove also has Kevlar, covered by molded plastic, as the top part of the fingers and palms is rubber padded for protection.
They are rated at level A5 as per the ANSI rating for cut resistance. They are overly versatile with flexible fingertips that do not compromise on trigger sensitivity.
Users who have tried this model attest that it works excellently well with thorn bushes and such sharp items. They also work expertly for self-defense. Finding the right size will not be challenging as they are rolled out with a size chart.
4. The Wislife Kevlar Gloves – Best Multipurpose Kevlar GloveIf you are in the market for multipurpose gloves designed to prevent cuts from sharp objects as well as kitchen safety, the Wislife Kevlar Gloves is a perfect choice. This model meets the standard EN388 level of regulation for cut-resistant gloves, rated at Level A5.
Their multipurpose nature makes it a perfect choice for in and out of the kitchen. Some of the kitchens use include oyster shucking, slicing with knives and mandolin, sharpening knives, cleaning up a broken wine glass, carving pumpkin, doing yard chores among many other tasks.
The Wislife Kevlar Gloves feature a layer of anti-bacterial protection feature that protects your hands from contamination. With this, you can rest assured that your hands and tools are safe. Additionally, the kitchen specially designed gloves are good for food preparation at home and restaurant kitchens.
Being Kevlar, you can expect them to be ultra-thin, highly elastic and soft against the skin. They are comfortable and lightweight. They are also wash friendly and machine friendly for easy cleanup.
5. The G&F 1607L Kevlar Gloves – Most AffordableThe G&F 1607L Kevlar Gloves are one of the cheapest gloves made of Kevlar that provide adequate hands and finger protection. This makes it perfect for use in protection against cuts, slashes, and abrasion during work.
Some of the key features of The G&F 1607L Kevlar Gloves include:
- Coated with blue latex on the palm, thumb, and fingertips making it easy to grip objects
- Has tensile strength for cut and puncture protection.
- Made of 100 percent DuPont Kevlar resistant fiber
- Ideal for those handling glass materials and cutting work
Things to Consider Before Buying Cut Resistant Gloves
Having decided to buy a pair of cut resistant gloves, there are various options in the market to choose from.
To ascertain great safety, there are various things to consider before buying. This makes the selection process quite a process.
Having said that, outlined below are some of the essential considerations to look into to find the right pair of work gloves.
The Type of Protective Gloves
Kevlar cut resistant gloves are one of the best types of gloves available in the market. Other models you can compare to include:
Gloves for Handling Chemicals
Chemicals are among the top hazards you can come across in your work area. Gloves are important to protect your skin from impending harm. Various chemicals react differently with different materials, thus it is important to find the right material.
Gloves offering chemical protection are typically made of latex, thin rubber and nitrile for maximum dexterity. They also have textured fingertips that offer a better grip.
Manufacturers recommend that these gloves should be disposed immediately after use. They can easily turn inside out when being removed to ensure that the skin is not exposed to the chemicals when being removed.
As the name suggests, performance gloves are designed with a better grip and sturdiness to provide utmost protection from cuts and scrapes, especially when working on abrasive surfaces.
Performance gloves are a perfect choice for any plumbing job, masonry, landscaping, and carpentry work. They are typically made of heavy cloth such as leather or Kevlar to provide maximum protection.
Performance gloves, as mentioned, are made of thick fabric materials thus offer maximum protection with less dexterity. They also feature unique coatings for a firm grip.
General Purpose Gloves
These type of gloves are overly versatile that are a good choice for various household tasks. They are perfect for gardening tasks, yard work and other chores around the house.
To achieve such functionality, they are made of lightweight fabrics such as jersey and canvas. Like performance gloves, they typically feature polyurethane coatings for a firm grip. The soft fabric provides extra warmth and comfort.
Leather gloves are among the most versatile gloves that protect the hand during various tasks. There are various brands of leather used for work gloves. They include cowhide, pigskin, deerskin, and goatskin.
Of all, cowskin is the most commonly used. This is perhaps credited to its versatility and low-cost feature. These types are extra versatile yet durable to handle various chores. Pigskin is the most durable compared to other options and provides the best abrasion protection.
Cut Protection Gloves
Cut protection gloves are designed to protect your hands and fingers from cutting tools and sharp materials such as metals, glass, and ceramics. They are made of the toughest materials available including high-performance fibers such as Kevlar and Dyneema.
Note that even the best and strongest cut resistant gloves will not be good if they are too small to fit your hand or large that they slip off. For proper size guidance, most models often have a size chart that helps customers match their hands.
To find the right size, use a tape measure and wrap it around the widest part of your hand. The number of inches should be your glove size. Various models denote the inches with letters, with a guard on what each letter size is in inches or centimeters.
Considering your needs should perhaps be the first thing to consider before getting down to other glove considerations. For instance, if you do a lot of yard or construction work, prioritize heavy-duty gloves that can hold up with such conditions.
Similarly, if you want gloves for cleaning fish and slicing raw meat, find gloves that are easy to clean and sterilize. For those enthusiastic in grilling outside, chopping and dicing in the kitchen should go for heat-resistant gloves.
Level of Cut Resistance
The level of cut resistance is overly important, yet many people are completely unaware of this. However, note that having gloves with the highest level of protection does not guarantee high level of security. Therefore, it is important to purchase gloves with a good rating for cut resistance.
Having mentioned this, outlined below are the nine ANSI cut levels with the type of hazards best suitable to handle.
- Level A1: Good for nuisance cuts including paper cuts and minor hazards.
- Level A2: perfect for protection against low cut hazards such as small parts assembly with sharp edges, material handling, and general-purpose applications.
- Level A3: protects from light to moderate cut hazards such as light glass, packaging, and forestry.
- Level A4: protects from medium to heavy cut hazards like appliance manufacturing, canning applications, and glass handling.
- Level A5: they protect from medium to heavy cut hazards including meat processing and food prep.
- Level A6: perfect for protection against high cut hazards such as pulp, dry walling and electrical.
- Level A7: protects high cut hazards like window and glass manufacturing
- Level A8: extra high cut hazards like metal recycling and aerospace applications.
- Level A9: protects from extreme cut hazards such as automotive, sharp metal stamping and metal fabrications.
Our Final Review
Kevlar made gloves are probably the best cut resistant gloves you can ever find in the market. Besides being cut resistant, they offer immense comfort and flexibility for ease of use.
Always ensure that your choice meets your desired needs, made of quality materials, is of a perfect size, durable and has a rating that supports your anticipated use. It should also meet your anticipated budget.
To ease your search, our Kevlar cut resistant gloves review outlines all you need to consider when searching for the gloves as well as some of the top products in the market.
Having read it, have you tried any of the models mentioned above? Which one is your favorite? Please share with us below!