Did you know that not all blu ray drives are built equal? As a matter of fact, a considerable number of computer owners are confused on which drive to go for.
Well, blu-ray drives are the best disc readers out there; but you just have to buy one that will suit your requirements.
For instance, there are some drives that are great at archiving data and burning blu ray discs. Then there are those that are better suited for beginners.
All in all, there are several aspects that you need to consider while shopping for the right internal blu ray drive. For instance, you need to check whether the product is compatible with you computer and whether it offers a satisfactory speed (Source).
As you will learn later in this guide, you also need to consider the surround-sound formats supported by the product as well as versatility.
Best Internal Blu Ray Drives 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Internal Blu Ray Drives 2019
- 2 1. LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter – Best Overall
- 3 2. ASUS Computer International Direct Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT Drive – The Best Disc Encryption Blu Ray Drive
- 4 3. Pioneer Electronics Internal Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-2209 / BDR-209UBK) – The Best Internal Blu Ray Drive Under $100
- 5 4. MCE Technologies internal Blu-ray Drive Burner Writer Player – The Best Blu Ray Internal Disc for Apple MacBooks
- 6 5. Panasonic Laptop Internal UJ-272 UJ272 9.5 mm SATA 6X 3D Blu-ray Burner – The Best Internal Blu Ray Drive for Laptops
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Internal Blu Ray Drive
- 8 Our Final Review
|LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter|
|ASUS Computer International Direct Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT|
|Pioneer Electronics Internal Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-2209 / BDR-209UBK)|
|MCE Technologies internal Blu-ray Drive Burner Writer Player|
|Panasonic Laptop Internal UJ-272 UJ272 9.5 mm SATA 6X 3D Blu-ray Burner|
1. LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter – Best OverallIf you are looking for a versatile blu ray drive that is very versatile, you should consider buying the LG 14X SATA Blu-ray internal rewriter.
With regards to versatility, the product is compatible with a greater range of optical discs, including Blu ray, DVD+R, RW DVD-RAM and RW DVD-R. With such flexibility, you can easily decide on which disc format to use for each application or task.
One of the things that set this product apart from its competitors is its data protection feature. Additionally, the drive supports M-DISC. Rather than using conventional organic dye, this rewriter is designed to use a rock-like patent recording surface to etch the data onto the disc. This technology has been proven to be superior to the one used on traditional DVDs today.
This LG rewriter employs Silent Play technology. This goes a long way in reducing the noise produced by the drive during playback. The innovative technology enables the blu ray drive to recognize various multimedia.
By so doing, the product is able to regulate its playback speeds for optimal performance, whilst maintaining a silent play experience. With the Power BD-DVD 3D ver software, this product allows you to convert 2D videos to 3D.
2. ASUS Computer International Direct Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT Drive – The Best Disc Encryption Blu Ray DriveIt is the little design and performance features that make a difference when it comes to Blu ray drives. In this regard, the Asus Direct Blu Ray Writer BW-16D1HT Drive is designed to offer you the best there is in blu ray technology.
To begin with, a high burning quality is assured with this drive. This may be attributed to its innovative OTS technology that delivers the best burning quality you can think of.
Additionally, this technology enhances the burning success rate and gives users a high quality as well as fast operation. You will also the ease of use of this disc, allowing you to successfully burn your disks in three simple steps. The intuitive burning interface of this product also allows you to use a Drag-and-Burn Functionality, which makes it even simpler.
3. Pioneer Electronics Internal Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-2209 / BDR-209UBK) – The Best Internal Blu Ray Drive Under $100Enjoy fast blu ray disc writing speeds whilst maintaining an exceptionally high quality on all the discs you write. This is now possible with the Pioneer Internal Blu-ray Writer. In this regard, the product can deliver a writing speed of up to 16x. In addition to this impeccable writing, this is one of the best drives today, with regards to HD movie playback experience.
With this 5.25-inch SATA internal blu ray drive, you will be able to do much more than watch high-definition movies. For instance, you will be able to burn data onto blu ray discs at high speeds and with a comparatively high success rate. Additionally, the product allows you to create archive discs for data backup. You will also find this pioneer product great at playing 3D movies. With regards to versatility, the drive is also compatible with CDs and DVDs.
4. MCE Technologies internal Blu-ray Drive Burner Writer Player – The Best Blu Ray Internal Disc for Apple MacBooksTalk of an operating system-specific blu ray internal drive and any knowledgeable expert will tell you that the MCE Burner Writer Player is the best product for Apple MacBook Pro.
Having been designed for Apple PCs, this product is a perfect replacement for the 8X SuperDrive that comes with these computers. Basically, this product will give you exceptional writing, recording and player performance at an optimal speed of 8x.
With this product, you do not need to improvise; it will fit into the same screw holes that the previous drive was using. You will also love the fact that this product is comparatively easy to install. With regards to OS compatibility, this MCE drive may be used on Mac OS 10.5 all the way to OS 10.12 (Sierra).
The effectiveness of this product is further enhanced by the Mac Blu-ray Player Software. Unlike the other blu ray drives reviewed above, this one comes with its installation software in one package.
5. Panasonic Laptop Internal UJ-272 UJ272 9.5 mm SATA 6X 3D Blu-ray Burner – The Best Internal Blu Ray Drive for LaptopsDoes your laptop use a 9.5 mm, tray-loading SATA drive? If so, the Panasonic Internal UJ-272 UJ272 9.5 mm SATA 6X 3D Blu-ray Burner would be a great upgrade or replacement option.
The SATA interface, along with precise dimensions (measures 128 mm x 9.5 mm x 129 mm) allows it to fit perfectly. In this regard, the product is comparatively easy to install.
As opposed to its predecessor, model UJ-262, the current UJ-272 model is more versatile. The product features upgrades that allow it to support various discs, including BD-RE XL 100GB and 128GB, as well as BD-R XL 100GB. Still on the flexibility aspect, this is one of the products that may be used on Windows and Mac operating systems.
In this regard, it is compatible with Windows 98SE through Win 8. Additionally, the drive may be used on Mac OS 8.6 and higher.
Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Internal Blu Ray Drive
With an increasing number of computer users relying on Cloud storage, you may be tempted to think that a good internal disc drive is not essential.
If you are looking for the best performance with high-definition movies on your computer, you should consider investing in one of the best internal Blu-Ray drives available today.
Like many other users across the globe, you may be willing to upgrade the DVD drive in your computer, but do not know which is the best one.
Choosing the right internal disk drive for your computer may not be as easy as you may think. This is mainly because there are numerous products to choose from. Modern blu ray internal drives are, without a doubt some of the best options today.
If you are looking for the best internal blu ray disk, here are some of the aspects you should consider:
There is not point of buying a product that is not compatible with your computer, right? Well a disc drive may be fast, visually appealing and affordable, but simply not compatible with your computer hardware or software.
As such, it is advisable to check whether your preferred drive is compatible with your PC. To begin with, the internal drive you opt for should be compatible with the operating system installed in your PC.
This should not be a problem as most of the leading blu ray brands manufacture products that are compatible with multiple OS platforms. However, some of the products available today are specifically designed for specific operating systems.
For instance, Blu Ray drives meant for use in Mac will not work in Windows operating systems. To know whether the drive is compatible with your computer, you need to check its specifications before making the purchase.
What can the Blu ray drive do? This is something many computer users tend to overlook while shopping for the best blu ray drive.
What you need to note, in this regard, is that blu ray drives are not exclusively designed to write and read blu ray disks. Therefore, your preferred product should be capable of handling other functionalities as well.
For instance, your preferred dist should be able to read and write dual layer, single layer and quad-layer disks. Additionally, you should consider getting a drive that accepts CDs and DVDs as well. With such a product, you will be able to read and write virtually any type of disc on your computer.
3. Supported Surround Sound Formats
Exceptional video and sound quality are some of the reasons why an increasing number of consumers today are upgrading to internal blu ray drives. However, you need to check the sound formats supported by your preferred unit.
Basically, you should consider buying a product that supports surround-sound formats, such as DTS-HD Master and Dolby TrueHD audio formats. Unfortunately, not all the blu ray internal drives available today support such formats.
This may appear to be insignificant, but a drive that supports these formats will give you the best surround sound experience. With regards to surround-sound formats support, these are some of the aspects you need to check:
- Bitstream Output
Blu ray internal drives that use this mechanism are some of the best today. Such drives are designed to send the undecoded audio bits, as they appear on the blu ray disc, through an HDMI to the receiver. By so doing, the drive allows the receiver to decode the surround sound format internally, hence giving out the best sound quality possible.
- Internal Decoding
As opposed to bitstream drives discussed above, other blu ray internal drives feature an internal decoder. The internal decoder chip will decode the DTS-HD or TrueHD surround sound formats before sending it to the receiver. As such, the output may either be in HDMI or PCM formats.
Our Final Review
Just as the case with many other computer components, choosing the right disc drive for your PC is not an easy task. As you may be aware, there are many technicalities at play.
While blu ray internal drives are some of the best today, do you know which of them is ideal for your computer? Well, this does not have to be a daunting task.
This guide will take you through the various things you need to consider while shopping for the best internal blu ray drive.