A significant number of good hair enthusiasts believe in styling their hair in one way or another.
If you’ve come across the term “beachy waves” or longed for some messy-chic hairstyle you probably saw on Victoria’s Secret fashion show, you are probably acquainted with the hair of that moment.
There is only one way to get it – using a curling band. Getting curly hair is certainly a beautiful look and feel. Having them through the various natural techniques is often preferred, but not long-lasting (Source).
Additionally, you may also want to switch between styles. Hence, interchangeable curling wands enter the scene to help us. They allow you to easily swap one barrel out for another to create different styles.
Before curling your hair make sure your hair is clean and dry. If you want to dry your hair more effectively and faster without having to worry about burnt scalp or hair, consider buying the best bonnet hair dryer.
The best wands should have the right barrel types, fitting barrel sizes, enough heat to curl your hair and be affordable. After rigorous research, we have outlined some of the best interchangeable curling wands.
How Much Do Interchangeable Curling Wands Cost?
Table of Contents
- 1 How Much Do Interchangeable Curling Wands Cost?
- 2 Comparing The Top 5 Interchangeable Curling Wands
- 3 1. Remington C19538 Curling Wand – Best Overall
- 4 2. NuMe Titan 3 Curling Wand – Best Curling Wand with 3 Barrels
- 5 3. Hot Tools Pro 1110 Curling Wand – Best Curling Wand Under $50
- 6 4. T3 Whirl Curling Wand – Best High-Performance Curling Wand
- 7 5. Zealite 6 in 1 Curling Wand – A Truly Professional Choice
- 8 Things to Consider Before Buying an Interchangeable Curling Wand
- 9 FAQ’s About Interchangeable Curling Wands
- 10 Ready To Buy The Best Interchangeable Curling Wands?
Interchangeable curling wands cost as little as $15, or as much as $200 for a quality brand like Paul Mitchell. For example, you can often find the Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Unclipped 3-in-1 Curling Iron for a little under $100, which is truly a quality product.
If you want curls that will last all day long, even in humidity, make sure you get a solid product that’ll get the job done. We find that the $20 curling tools often break or don’t provide the really beautiful curls you’d expect.
Comparing The Top 5 Interchangeable Curling Wands
|Remington C19538 Curling Wand|
|NuMe Titan 3 Curling Wand|
|Hot Tools Pro 1110 Curling Wand|
|T3 Whirl Curling Wand|
|Zealite 6 in 1 Curling Wand|
1. Remington C19538 Curling Wand – Best Overall
If you are looking to step out in properly styled hair yet at a cheap cost, you should try the Remington C19538 Curling Wand. This is the ultimate choice of wand if you want a beautifully styled hair every day at an affordable rate.
It is professional and gives your hair an exciting and excellent ceramic surface. This because of its fine finishes made of real pearls that give your hair some awesome gliding looks. Additionally, the wand’s smooth surface also prevents your strands from sustaining damage.
As you may know, ceramic doesn’t give hot spots in curling. It is increasingly becoming popular for its ability to distribute heat equally and keep temperatures at bay evenly. Hence, this makes the Remington Wand the best curling iron that won’t damage hair.
Moreover, it also produces long-lasting and fast-forming curls. This is backed by numerous reviews and its quick heat-up time.
2. NuMe Titan 3 Curling Wand – Best Curling Wand with 3 Barrels
This titanium-surfaced barrel comes in three different sizes. As you may know, titanium provides intense heat capabilities. Alongside that, its ultra-high conductivity also keeps the heat at bay, preventing the occasional rip and tug on hair experienced with some cheap products on the market.
Additionally, the NuMe Titan 3 Curling Wand has variable temperatures, too. This gives the user extreme freedom to create instantly customized curls, for both medium and fine hair.
It also comes with dual voltage, meaning that it can be used with varying power sources. Lastly, it boasts a good swivel cord that provides much convenience.
3. Hot Tools Pro 1110 Curling Wand – Best Curling Wand Under $50
This curling wand ensures you’ll get pretty waves and curls of any type on any type of hair. It works exceptionally with its instant heat function and its affordable price tag.
Moreover, its other features also include:
- Heavy-duty 8ft swivel cord,
- Soft grip handles for comfortable use,
- Fast heating up of up to 428F with 85 Watts of power,
- Keeps memory of user’s favorite heat setting,
- Long life heating element of 24k gold-plated barrel that comes with an extra-long heavy-duty cool tip.
4. T3 Whirl Curling Wand – Best High-Performance Curling Wand
Having this tool eliminates the need for buying several curling wands to get versatile styling options. The three interchangeable barrels allow for the formation of well-defined deep waves, spiral curls, and beachy waves.
These barrels are made of tourmaline-infused ceramic, which emits negative ions that reduce frizz and fight humidity. Similarly, its infrared energy locks in moisture and natural oils from your scalp to maintain the hair’s health and strength.
This wand can heat to a maximum of 410F but can be easily regulated to suit your hair needs by control buttons located on the handle. It features an automatic lock system that kicks in when your preferred temperatures are reached, too.
Moreover, it comes with a long cool tip on individual barrels that makes it easy to hold the end of the barrel while styling to secure your hair better. It also works with a universal voltage.
Lastly, the package comes with a small stand and a heat-resistant mat; and if left idle for an hour, it shuts off automatically.
If you own an electric razor for styling, you definitely want your clipper blades to cut at a very high speed. Check our step by step guide on “how to sharpen clipper blades“.
5. Zealite 6 in 1 Curling Wand – A Truly Professional Choice
Moreover, it features a ceramic material that effortlessly glides on your hair with the barrel of varying diameters. Its ceramic heat transforms your seemingly dull and lifeless hair to some healthy-looking locks.
Additionally, it has an LED indicator, which displays the device’s status, and a swivel cord that adds its convenience and safety. It also has varying heat settings. You can choose low settings for fine hair and high settings for thick-textured hair.
Once connected to a power source, it heats up quickly and cools down instantly. It works with dual voltage circuitry, too, and comes with a two-year warranty.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Interchangeable Curling Wand
Unlike other products, you can’t jump into buying an interchangeable curling wand just because you heard the product is good.
There are several factors to take into consideration before making a selection from the plenty of curling wands available on the market.
We have outlined some of the key considerations below.
Curling Wands Shapes
Perhaps one of the most important factors to consider is the shape of the curling wand. This is because its shape primarily determines the type of curls created.
- Cone curling wand –For extreme versatility, cone-shaped curling wands should be your choice. It creates good curls, thanks to the thin and skinny edges of the conical wands.
- Straight curling wand – Straight wands are best for creating ring-shaped curls. They also work well in creating the bottom part of the curl upwards. This shape is perfect for people with naturally straight hair.
- Interchangeable curling wand – They are loved because they give users the option of changing the wand’s barrel. With this shape, you can create any curling style.
Curling wands are made of different materials. When searching for one, consider a material type that suits your hairstyle, feel, and texture.
Some of the common wand materials include the following:
- Basic metal – Common curling wands are made from basic metals. These wands come with few heat settings; they are often confined to low, medium, and high.
- Ceramic wands – They are increasingly becoming popular and have various functions and settings. Compared to metal wands, they are less likely to burn the shaft of your hair. They are also cheap and offer different qualities.
- Tourmaline wands – These wands are durable curling wands that last longer compared to other materials. They are popular due to their instant heat creation and great retention ability. They also leave your hair healthy and shiny all the time.
- Ionic curling wands – These work excellently in keeping your hair beautiful and excellently curled but they come at a high price.
Apart from the shape and material make, there are other specifics that should be considered to get a high-quality curling wand. To begin with, curling wands are all about the heat. Therefore, you should look at the temperatures the wand can reach.
Thicker hair will highly benefit from a higher temperature range while thin hair will curl at low temperatures. In relation to this, consider a curling wand that offers ergonomic temperature control as well.
Second, heat up time is another thing to examine. Consider how long it will take to get fully heated when switched on. Cheaper models take nearly one minute while others take a few seconds.
Most of the curling wands reviewed above have LED indicators that tell you the temperatures of the unit and beep when working temperatures are reached.
Lastly, you might also consider spending your time checking on the comfort and design of the unit. Choosing a comfortable and ergonomic unit will make it easy for curling your hair. Likewise, look out for safety features provided by the curling wand.
FAQ’s About Interchangeable Curling Wands
Q: Are curling wands better than curling irons?
It depends on the person and usage, but generally, yes. Curling wands are circular, while the irons are rectangular and usually leave marks on your hair. The former curls seamlessly, and also heats faster and gives results in almost an instant.
Q: How long do you hold your hair on a curling iron or wand?
You should heat your hair for no more than 12 seconds. Thick hair would go for 7-10 seconds, but thin hair would only require 5-10. If you hold your hair for too long, it could break the strands or even burn your hair.
Q: Can I curl my hair every day?
You can, but that could be damaging to your hair, depending on how you do it and the tools you use.
Q: What are good things to keep in mind when using curling wands?
First, protect your hair from the heat by using a heat protectant.
Second, use barrels accordingly. For example, large ones would produce big curls while smaller ones would result in firmer coils.
Third, base your heat on your need. Don’t use maximum heat if you can make do with medium heat. It depends on the hair’s capacity to be curled, but be sure to take that into consideration when curling.
Lastly, note how you want your hair to fall. Would you like them to look loose, or be tight? If you let the freshly-curled hair fall as soon as it curls, you’ll get loose curls. However, if you hold the curled strand in your hand and let it cool before letting it fall, the curl would be firmer.
Ready To Buy The Best Interchangeable Curling Wands?
Interchangeable curling wands are a must-have for those who highly regard their hair look and style. These hair curlers come in handy for those looking to create versatile and unique curls with ease.
The best curling wand should have a good barrel material, the right barrel shape, easy to control heat settings, be safe to use and heat up quickly.
The products listed above are the best interchangeable curling wand sets in the market. It is now up to you to identify which spiral curling wand suits you best.
That said, which one is your favorite interchangeable curling wand? Share with us in the comments section below.
Besides a great curly hair, if you love styling your eyebrows to adapt to the latest trends, buy the best microblading needles. It helps you add shading, depth, and texture to your eyebrows.