Home cooks and chefs – we know how important it is for you to prepare those tasty smoked meals inside the comfort of your home. Sometimes there isn’t enough room to smoke food outdoors, but that issue can be easily fixed by purchasing an indoor smoker (Source).
You can find various types of indoor smokers. For example, electric smokers are incredibly effective, and they often produce the best results.
The most common, cheap and resource-friendly indoor smokers are those made to be used on your stovetop. These use the heat from your own kitchen to smoke food, which means you don’t even need to connect them anywhere to make them work.
We’ll be looking at the top 5 best indoor smokers on the market. We’ll be guiding you through each of their features in the most comprehensive way possible, so you can decide which of these devices to purchase.
First, let’s take a quick look at them and their main features.
Best Indoor Smokers 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Indoor Smokers 2019
- 2 1. Oster Smoker Roaster Oven – Best Overall
- 3 2. Nordic Ware 36550 Indoor/Outdoor – Best Stovetop Smoker
- 4 3. Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker – Best Electric Smoker
- 5 4. Camerons Products Indoor – Outdoor Stovetop Smoker – Best Budget Smoker
- 6 5. Budweiser Stovetop Smoker – Best Multipurpose Smoker
- 7 What to Consider Before Purchasing an Indoor Smoker
- 8 Our Final Take
|Oster Smoker Roaster Oven|
|Nordic Ware 36550 Indoor/Outdoor|
|Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker|
|Camerons Products Indoor – Outdoor Stovetop Smoker|
|Budweiser Stovetop Smoker|
1. Oster Smoker Roaster Oven – Best OverallThis smoker was designed by Oster, one of the appliance industry’s finest. It is a multipurpose smoker that can also be used as a roaster or a slow cooker. The Oster Smoker Oven is incredibly efficient and consumes almost no wooden chips – and you don’t even need charcoal to make it function properly!
Smoking takes very little time with this roaster. Thick chicken can be done in less than two hours, and it leaves the meat feeling very tender. Smoking food with this product really emphasizes the taste of each ingredient. It’s one of the most effective food smokers that you can find online.
As a huge plus, it also comes with removable pockets which can be used to hold wood chips. This also makes the product a very viable option if you want to use it in the outdoors. It’s a high-quality smoker and roaster oven capable of making food taste like a proper BBQ meal.
Cleaning the product is a very straightforward process. It shouldn’t take a lot of time, as each part is easily removable for the user’s convenience.
2. Nordic Ware 36550 Indoor/Outdoor – Best Stovetop SmokerThe 36550 versatile indoor and outdoor food smoker is one of the best stovetop smokers that will certainly exceed your expectations after purchase.
It can be used to smoke many different types of food without any problems, and it’ll help you cook for that rivals anything that you can get in restaurants and bistros near your home.
All you need to do is be aware of how to use it (it’s not even difficult to operate anyway), and you should be more than ready to smoke any meat in your kitchen. The product is well designed, and its huge lid allows you to smoke large food such as whole chickens without any problem at all.
It does have some issues, but most can be easily overcome. For example, cooking ribs could be troublesome and a whole rack might not entirely fit, but you could cook half a rack at a time to solve the problem.
3. Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker – Best Electric SmokerElectric smokers are usually more powerful and offer more room than regular stovetop smokers, and this is exactly the case with Char-Broli’s product. The smoker performs very well, and food takes little time to reach a fully-cooked level.
One of its most important features is its ease of use. It’s a great option for any beginner who intends to start smoking food in their own home. The build itself is also very solid and the product isn’t one to wear down quickly. You can get it for a very cheap price as well, which is a huge bonus if you’re on a budget.
It is well-designed to manage temperature easily, so your food never undercooks or overcooks. Also, since the smoker isn’t charcoal-based, it produces almost no smoke. This is what makes it such a great option for indoor cooking – you won’t have to worry about filling up your house with a ton of annoying smoke.
4. Camerons Products Indoor – Outdoor Stovetop Smoker – Best Budget SmokerThis indoor stovetop smoker comes at a very affordable price, which makes it a great option for anyone looking for a cheap option to improve their cooking. In fact, this doesn’t even need to be used on top of a regular kitchen stove; you can use this smoker in almost any heat source if it’s hot enough to cook.
The product is made with stainless steel, an ideal material for cooking appliances. It can be cleaned easily as well, as it doesn’t have any inconvenient areas which could potentially get greasy.
You can use it easily on your kitchen and it smokes food at a very reasonable rate, although it isn’t as quick as other products that we’ve reviewed today.
The best way to use this product is to use it on medium heat sources, allowing everything to cook at a decent rate without burning your food. It will release some smoke inside your house, but not enough to trigger most house fire alarms.
5. Budweiser Stovetop Smoker – Best Multipurpose SmokerThis multipurpose smoker is designed to work great from the go. You don’t really need to go through a steep learning curve with this product, all you need to do is be clear what you want to cook and be done with it.
Its straightforwardness is what makes this multipurpose smoker one of the most viable options for every home cook out there. Cleaning this appliance is also very easy if you use a product based on vegetable oil. Aluminum foil also helps facilitate the cleaning process.
It works very quickly, and you can smoke a bunch of food in little to no time, even when comparing this product’s efficiency to that of other more expensive appliances.
Your food should come out well smoked and well flavored, if you make sure you don’t overcook anything. In any case, make sure you experiment a bit with this product to find out the perfect cooking time for your meals.
What to Consider Before Purchasing an Indoor Smoker
Indoor smokers are often smaller than their outdoor counterparts, as outdoor smokers are made to cook large amounts of food without worrying about the amount of smoke generated.
These indoor smokers are made to cook less food, but they also produce less smoke than a full-sized smoker.
These products are made to give food a different taste and color, making it different than what it would look (and taste) like if you grilled it. Keep in mind that the taste of smoked meat tends to be sweeter, as their properties often tenderize and become sugary after the smoking process.
An indoor smoker is also made to be used all year round. You don’t need good weather to make them work, all you need is a heat source and, in some cases, electricity.
Be keen on the following list of features and you should be able to find your dream indoor smoker in no time.
Look at other people’s opinions before purchasing an indoor smoker. Reading the opinions of other buyers might be the best way to know if you’ll be pleased or displeased with the smoker’s food quality before purchasing it.
If you feel like you’re happy with what other people have to say, the product might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Easy To Clean
An indoor smoker must be smartly designed to be able to be cleaned without going through much hassle. In some instances, you’ll need to clean the smoker after each use – especially if you intend to cook different types of meats on it. The process of cleaning it shouldn’t take too long or it could become troublesome on the long run.
Since indoor smokers are smaller than their outdoor-specialized counterparts, they often tend to cook food at a slower rate. Although this is understandable, you still need to find an indoor cooker capable of smoking food at a relatively decent rate. Having to wait several days for your food to be ready is far from ideal!
Amount of Smoke Generated
It is very important for an indoor smoker to generate low amounts of smoke when used. Most of these devices are bought mainly to be used in a kitchen, so being able to cook without having to worry about the device triggering a smoke detector is a crucial feature for them.
Rest assured though: most of the products we’ve shown you today excel at cooking while generating little smoke in the process.
Our Final Take
Indoor smokers are essential tools for anyone who lacks enough space to cook outdoors in the comfort of their own home.
An indoor smoker will provide you with a very efficient appliance which will make your food taste like a BBQ meal without having to rely on any space apart from that of your own kitchen.
If you want to create homemade flavory and smoky meals, you should consider purchasing one of the products that we’ve shown you today.
You’ll have absolute control over the amount of food you cook – so be careful not to overdo it!
Which of these indoor smokers are you going to buy? Will you use it solely at home or do you plan to give it a try outside? Let us know in the comments below!