If you are on a hunt for a torque wrench to deal with those stubborn bolts on your bikes or machines, this write-up is for you.
At first glance, you may judge a torque wrench like an ordinary wrench. However, this type of wrench is different than traditional wrenches, like an open-end or a socket wrench (Source).
So, let’s dive into our review of the top inch pound torque wrenches, comparing all of their features, pros, and shortcomings.
Best Inch Pound Torque Wrenches 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Inch Pound Torque Wrenches 2019
- 2 1. Tekton 24335 Drive Click Torque Wrench – Most Budget-Friendly
- 3 2. Neiko 03714A Adjustable Click Torque Wrench – Best Click-Type Torque Wrench
- 4 3. Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench – Most Durable Torque Wrench
- 5 4. Venzo Bicycle Bike Torque Wrench – Best Expensive Torque Wrench
- 6 5. Pittsburgh Pro Drive Click Torque Wrench – Best Alternative to Tekton Torque Wrench
- 7 Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Torque Wrench
- 8 Our Final Review
|Tekton 24335 Drive Click Torque Wrench|
Rotates in both direction
Visible in low light
Has a tactile and auditory feature
|Neiko 03714A Adjustable Click Torque Wrench|
It includes reverse and forward lock settings
|Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench|
¼ inches drive tip
|Venzo Bicycle Bike Torque Wrench|
Quality bit set
Perfect for tightening nuts and bolts
|Pittsburgh Pro Drive Click Torque Wrench|
Has pawl and cam mechanism
1. Tekton 24335 Drive Click Torque Wrench – Most Budget-FriendlyTekton is one of the top-rated manufacturing brands that specialize in torque wrenches, calibration equipment, and measuring equipment. Tekton 24335 is a budget-friendly torque wrench that offers a wide range of different features to guarantee you get the best precision when tightening a loose bolt.
With that said, this is one of the best torque wrench tools on the market today. And it is corrosion resistant up to the steel shaft, lightweight, and are also durable. The top of the tool is made out of a hard chrome vanadium steel.
Talking about its usage and design, the torque wrench the easiest wrench in usage and as well comes with a compact design. Weighing around 2 lbs and measuring 3/7 inches in length, which makes it the best for reaching difficult areas of your car or bike.
The measurement monitor can easily be read even in the dark. This top torque wrench can last for a more extended period all thanks to the high-quality construction.
This torque wrench fits perfectly well in hands. It gives measurement in two scales: foot-pounds and Newton meters. If you are searching for a robust and affordable torque wrench that offers long-term service, TEKTON 24335 is best for you!
2. Neiko 03714A Adjustable Click Torque Wrench – Best Click-Type Torque WrenchWorking with a stubborn nut will not be a problem when using the Neiko 03714A adjustable click torque wrench tool. The wrench is two feet, and this particular attribute provides this torque with the maximum force to remove any stubborn nuts and screws.
Secondly, they are simple to use. A single twist with the handle locks and unlocks this tool. Which means this tools can simply be kept in your garage or truck. This tool is constructed from high-quality chrome vanadium, which makes this tool stronger than other torque wrench, making it resistant to weather and rust damage.
The flexible rotating of the head makes it easy for this tool to extend its reach to difficult parts. With that said, this tool is ideal for engine work and heavy repairs, and it is also shock resistant, highly durable, and made heat treated vanadium steel.
3. Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench – Most Durable Torque WrenchWheeler firearms accurizing torque wrench is one of the best brands for making durable and high-quality products and also among the best scope mounting tools available.
The ¼ inches drive tip assist in applying wrenches ranging from 15 to 67 in-Ibs at six in-Ibs increments. This torque wrench tool is impeccable for installing action screws, trigger guard, base screws, and scope rings.
Wheeler torque wrench tool is built from a durable stainless steel and quality plastic. It has an easy to mount feature which is due to the presence of digital FAT wrench. This tool is designed with an ergonomic large LCD digital screen, giving you the access to view measurement easily, and also has an ergonomic handle for easy grip.
Wheeler firearms are one of the best accurate torque wrenches on the market today, which is due to the high-quality material that gives this tool a prolonged life compared to other torque wrenches. Perfect for amateurs and professionals, and also provides a good value for your money.
4. Venzo Bicycle Bike Torque Wrench – Best Expensive Torque WrenchAre you looking for a torque wrench that is best for working on small projects like a bicycle? Then Venzo bicycle bike torque wrench is the best option for you. This torque wrench is perfect for bicycle and motorcycle lovers. With this torque tool, easy adjustment can be made with a soft twist of the handle.
Its heavy construction ensures an effective and long-life usage. It comes with high-quality size bits which saves you money by not having to buy many different ones. This tool ranges from 3-25 NM, making sure all installation is completed.
Venzo torque wrench features a measurement that is excellent for bicycle carbon parts. Venzo is a high-quality tool that is perfect for bicycle bolts; it gives a sign or click as notice to stop tuning, meaning the torque has attained the maximum value.
Note, if you have not used your wrench for an extended period or you just purchased it, make sure you use these tool regularly to regulate lubrication internally. The Venzo torque wrench tool is versatile. Unlike other tools listed above, Venzo wrench skips when reached its required torque instead of giving a clicking sound.
This is one of the best wrenches in this price range and a perfect choice for your bike that does its adjustment, maintenance, and fitting.
5. Pittsburgh Pro Drive Click Torque Wrench – Best Alternative to Tekton Torque WrenchThe Pittsburgh torque wrench is one of the most affordable tools around and is ideal for amateurs and starters. They are a non-professional torque wrench tool that is suitable for beginners and hobbyists. It ranges from 21-ft lb to 152-ft-lb.
Pittsburgh is very easy to use, it has a sound system that indicates when it has reached the limit. It is handy and compact at only 19 inches. It is dependable for its price range.
They are delivered in a plastic carrying case for storing of the tool. It has a wide range of measurements and specifications. These wrenches are perfect for daily automotive and smaller tasks. These tools are specially made for heavy duty purposes. They are sturdy and are capable of enduring any force.
The construction of this wrench is more potent than another torque wrench. If you want precision, then this torque wrench is precisely what you need.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Torque Wrench
It is much difficult to pick the perfect torque wrench due to their different purposes, types, material, and sizes; it is essential to pay attention to some factors before purchasing your torque wrench.
Below are things to consider before buying a torque wrench:
Quality of Materials
You need to first consider the quality of the wrench, in term of material. For a wrench to be considered quality, it doesn’t need a lot of plastic materials, because plastic materials are of bad quality and are not durable.
Pick the torque wrench that is produced from a metal construction as they are super in performance and will last for years thus giving you the value of your money.
It is important to know the head types of the torque wrench you want to use before purchasing any. It is best to choose the wrench that offers more number of heads. Selecting this will save you a lot of cash as it will save you the time of going back to purchase another head in times of emergency.
Consider Warranty & Cost
Leading brands of wrenches come at a cost and with a warranty too. These are due to their high quality. Non-branded wrenches are often made from inferior quality materials, while branded wrenches are made from high-quality materials.
If you find a torque wrench on the market without a warranty, you need to question their quality. Pick out a wrench with high quality because they are going to serve you for a very long time.
The Level of Precision is Important
The torque level of precision is an essential factor to look into before purchasing your torque wrench. Because the higher the precision, the better the provided spaces. Accuracy means safety.
Consider the Grip
The grip is a vital feature to look into before purchasing a torque wrench, pick a wrench that is ergonomic. It shouldn’t easily slip away while working and it should be very comfortable to hold.
Consider the Ratchet
The ratchet style could be a big difference between all torque wrench tools. A torque wrench with the function to ratchet is more valuable than a regular wrench tool. All wrench tools mentioned above can ratchet.
The modern wrench is both in anticlockwise and clockwise systems. Which makes them more comfortable and quicker to use.
A torque wrench with a high accuracy level will automatically be a product of high-quality. You either choose a digital torque which will save the result after showing or a slipper wrench which will only show the reading without saving.
The save side of both wrenches is that they are error-free torque wrench.
The storage case is also an essential factor before buying any of these tools. Being banged around when a toolbox can lower the accuracy and throw off the calibration.
The best storage case for this tools is a plastic case, which most of them come with, but it’s best to double check before buying a torque wrench tool.
A good case prolongs the duration of these tools.
Our Final Review
Figuring out the best pound torque wrench for your needs should be the first step before purchasing a torque wrench because not all torque wrench can meet your individual needs. Pick a product that is of good value and good quality for your money.
Also, never lose focus when using this tool as you could get harmed, when not used correctly or lack of concentration can cause a fatal accident.
From our torque wrench review above, which of this is your favorite? Share your thought with us in the comment section below!