When it comes to outdoor and camping equipment companies, they tend to offer everything and anything rather than concentrating on a few options. As a result, they often end up as a master of all trades, expert of none. The guys from Hyke and Byke don’t have this problem.
They specialize in backpacking tents and sleeping bags. Thus, they’ve made their brand well-known in the outdoor gear market even though they are relatively new in the camping industry.
Unlike other companies that promise high-end equipment capabilities, Hyke and Byke sticks to industry standards and norms. Nevertheless, their products beat most competitors in terms of quality and price. Sames goes for sleeping bags.
If you are looking for high-quality sleeping bags that are specially designed for low-temperature trips, look no further than Hyke and Byke. These heavy-duty bags come at fairly affordable price points without compromising quality.
Before making up your mind and laying your hands on a sleeping bag, we recommend reading our Hyke and Byke review. Find out why these sleeping bags are so popular today.
|Hyke & Byke Eolus Down Sleeping Bag|
|Hyke & Byke Crestone Sleeping Bag|
|Hyke & Byke Snowmass Down Sleeping Bag|
|Hyke & Byke Shavano Sleeping Bag|
|Hyke & Byke Antero Sleeping Bag|
Top 5 Hyke & Byke Sleeping Bags
Table of Contents
- Hyke & Byke Eolus 0 Degree F 800 Fill Power Hydrophobic Goose Down Sleeping Bag
- Hyke & Byke Crestone 15 & 0 Degree F 650 Fill Power Hammock Sleeping Bag
- Hyke & Byke Snowmass 0 Degree F 650 Fill Power Hydrophobic Down Sleeping Bag
- Hyke & Byke Shavano 32 Degree F 650 Fill Power Hydrophobic Down Sleeping Bag
- Hyke & Byke Antero 15 Degree F 800 Fill Power Goose Down Sleeping Bag
Hyke & Byke Sleeping Bag Key Features
Hyke & Byke sleeping bags don’t skimp on features. Listed below are the most significant features these bags offer.
Temperature rating: It refers to the min temperature at which most people will be warm. Don’t take temp ratings for granted because it depends on the user’s metabolism, body type, caloric reserves, and so on. This metric varies widely from model to model. The Antero sleeping bag, for example, can keep you warm down to 30° F for ground use.
- Insulation fill type: These bags feature Hydrophobic 800 FP Goose Down and 650 FP Duck Down fill. Both provide great cold-weather insulation. They come with a waterproof breathable shell to prevent down fill from losing insulating ability when getting wet.
- Material: All of the Hyke & Byke sleeping bags use the same material – 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric. This material is proven to be wear-and-tear resistant, so the bags can handle rough terrains without being damaged. Just because they can withstand the rigors of extensive use doesn’t mean they should be treated too roughly.
- Shell and lining fabric: The bags feature plastic-looking finish. This shiny coating can do a great job of shedding water. The liner is extremely silky and soft. While a cotton blend is very comfortable, it is difficult to dry and not suitable for inclement outdoor conditions.
Extra Features of Hyke & Byke Sleeping Bags
In addition to these key features, Hyke & Byke sleeping bags also have some extra features you will appreciate during outdoor camping adventures.
- Pockets: The Hyke & Byke sleeping bags have puffy long pockets. These pockets fill the dead-air room between the bag and the user. Pockets can help you keep a headlamp near at hand and prevent batteries from freezing. Main pockets allow you to put your keys, headlamp, phone, camera, and other items.
- Zippers: The bags are equipped with super durable heavy-duty zippers that can take a serious beating. Some of them also have anti-snag sliders that prevent zippers from snagging. Nonetheless, the fabric can get caught up sometimes during use.
- Feet box & shoulders: There is plenty of room in the foot box, so you will be able to wiggle your toes comfortably. Besides, the bags have fairly wide shoulders. These features can improve convenience and protect feet and arms from getting cold.
User Feedback & Reviews:
Most Common Complaints
- Machine washing is not recommended: Despite the fact that these sleeping bags can hold up in the washing machine pretty well, the manufacturer does not recommend this kind of washing. Avoid it to prolong the life of your sleeping bag.
- Smell odd out of the packaging: Strange smell is actually the biggest concern of most customers when it comes to Hyke & Byke bags. However, this is a common problem with most sleeping bags, so it is really not something worth worrying about. By the way, this smell will disappear after a while.
- Zipper snagging: The zippers may catch the fabric and snag slightly on it sometimes. Even so, the material can withstand this just fine and zippers get back on track without any damage. However, they can easily come apart when unzipped all the way.
Most Common Praises
- Hyke & Byke sleeping bags are highly durable: Designed as mummy-style sleeping bags, they feature waterproof ripstop nylon material. This material doesn’t only protect bags against damage, but it also makes them fit snugly and shed moisture. Aside from the warmth, it maximizes water resistance and durability as well.
- The bags are extremely warm: The proprietary goose and duck down fill materials offer incredible warmth. People said that the bags have kept them warm even in tough winter conditions at temperatures below 0°F. Some models can be used in temperatures as low as 15°F.
- Very comfortable and lightweight: These sleeping bags are surprisingly lightweight for the warmth they provide. Also, most users find them very comfortable. They come with a lot of inside pockets, wide shoulders, and a spacious foot box for the ultimate convenience.
- The best bang for the buck: For this price, you will have a hard time finding the highest down fill. Even the most expensive models are competitively priced. That makes Hyke & Byke so popular with many customers. They find these bags excellent value for money.
How Much Do Hyke & Byke Sleeping Bags Cost?
You can expect to spend somewhere between 105$ and 205$ on these bags, depending on the model you choose. Hyke & Byke Shavano is the most affordable sleeping bag from this company, while Eolus and Antero are the most expensive options.
So, choose one that suits your budget and needs. With Hyke & Byke sleeping bags, you get more bang for your bucks.
There is a wide range of Hyke and Byke sleeping systems and sleeping bags on the market. Chances are good that you have encountered some of them while searching for camping and outdoor equipment.
Whether you’re an adventurer or traditional camper, Hyke and Byke sleeping bags are worth a look. They are perfect for backpackers and hikers wanting something lightweight, minimalist, warm, and durable. This piece of equipment will help you stay warm and dry when you are outside.
If you are looking for sleeping bags, take a closer look at the options highlighted above. Each of these models provides great value for money, so you can’t go wrong with them. They will definitely come in handy when you are outfitting your next camping trip.