If you are new to Twitch, there’s a huge chance that you are not yet familiar with all of its powerful features and tools. Did you know that you can now host another user’s Twitch channel on your Twitch channel? Well, this is now possible using the new Host Mode of the platform.
The Twitch Host Mode is a rather new feature that allows users to share live channels at the comfort of their home chatrooms. In this regard, you will not have to sign off from your chatroom on Twitch for you to be able to host another user’s channel on yours.
Thanks to this new mode, broadcasters on this platform can now host other Twitch channels’ live broadcasts on their channel pages. So, how exactly does this new Twitch feature work?
Twitch Host Mode — What Is It?
Table of Contents
- 1 Twitch Host Mode — What Is It?
- 2 How the Twitch Host Mode Works
- 3 Of What Importance is Twitch Host Mode?
- 4 How to Host Other Channels on Twitch
- 5 How to Host on Twitch App
- 6 Final Verdict
Supposing that you are done broadcasting on this platform for the day, you can simply engage the Host Mode to host other Twitch channels. Again, to employ this mode, you do not need to sign off from your chatroom.
When you engage the Host Mode, your chatroom will essentially remain the same. However, the video player will be replaced by an embedded version of the channel streams you are hosting. This way, you will be in a position to continue hanging out with your community when you are offline.
As a broadcaster, you may use this mode to host live broadcasts by other Twitch channels on your channel page. On Twitch, any channel is capable of hosting other channels, and all Twitch channels may be hosted.
How the Twitch Host Mode Works
With the Host Mode engaged on your chatroom, you should just type the name of the channel you would like to host on the chat. For instance, you would like to share the weekly Twitch Shameless Plug show with your audience.
In such a case, you need to type /host Switch on your chat. As simple as that and your audience will now be able to see the broadcast from the channel you are hosting. This way, your audience will be able to see the broadcast title and be in a position to follow the chain you are hosting.
However, this feature allows you to host only one channel at a time and up to three channels within 30 minutes. To turn the Host Mode off, you simply type /unhost in your chat.
Of What Importance is Twitch Host Mode?
There has been a significant increase in the number of twitch users in the last two years or so. As a Twitch user, you may be wondering why you should use this new feature. These are some of the benefits associated with Host mode on this platform:
- Allows you to keep your Twitch community together even after you go offline
- Allows you and your audience to watch your favorite events and broadcasters on your Twitch channel
- Give you an opportunity to promote broadcasters or just share your favorite content and events with your audience on the platform.
How to Host Other Channels on Twitch
Depending on the device you are accessing the platform on, there is a particular procedure you should use to host other channels. If you do not know how to host on twitch, here is how you should go about it:
How to Host Twitch on PC
If you are using a desktop, Twitch may only be accessed from the website.
As such, these are the steps you should take to host other channels on the platform:
- Using any Mac or Windows computer, go to https://www.twitch.tv.
- If the browser does not automatically log into your Twitch account, sign in.
- However, if you are new to the platform, create a twitch account first. In such a case, click on the “Sign Up” tab on the top-right corner of the website.
- This will take you to the sign-up page where you are supposed to provide the required details before submitting.
- After signing in into your Twitch account, you can now proceed to host other channels.
- To host a channel on Twitch, click on your username on the top-right corner or the page. This will prompt a drop-down menu to appear.
- On the drop-down menu, click on ‘’Channel’’. This will cause your channel to appear with chatroom on the right side of the page.
- In this chat space, type ‘’/host’’ followed by the name of the channel you would like to host on the chatroom. For instance, you may type /host twitch on your channel to host the main Twitch channel.
Why this is optimal
By so doing, other Twitch users viewing your channel will be able to watch the channel you are hosting while your chatroom remains active for you to use in your circuit.
However, all views received on your channel are recorded as views for the channel you host.
Again, it is also easy to stop any channel you are hosting. Simply type /unhost in your chatroom.
How to Host on Twitch App
Would you rather host other channels on twitch while you are using a mobile device? Well, this is also easy. To do this, here are the steps you should take:
- Download and install the Twitch App from Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Open the App and log into your account.
- Then, tap on your profile picture. For Android devices, the profile picture will appear on the right-upper corner. For iOS devices, the picture will be on the upper-left corner of the screen.
- This will display the various profile options and content. Proceed to tap on the ‘Chat’ tab to display chat on your channel.
- Now, type /host followed by the name of the channel you would like to host in the chat.
- To stop the channel you are hosting at any particular time, type /unhost on your chat.
If you have heard of the new Twitch feature—the Host Mode, you must be mesmerized of what it can do. This mode allows you to remain connected with your community on Twitch even when you are offline. Again, you can take advantage of this feature to promote your favorite channels and add content on your channel, too.
With the more advanced feature of the Host Mode, you can navigate to the ‘Live Hosts’ to gain more exposure and success for the broadcasters. Either way, the above-described steps will help on how to host someone on Twitch PC or App.
Also, check out our guides for Dual Band Mobile Ham Radios out there!