Massage is an excellent way to relieve muscle tension and relax your body. There’s a wide variety of massage types available, each of which uses different techniques. If you don’t know which one is right for you, hot stone massage is a safe bet.
Whether you want to relax or ease tension in sore muscles, this alternative therapy will do wonders for you. Hot stone massage helps treat muscle strain by providing heat and increasing blood flow. This eventually reduces discomfort and stiffness in muscles (Source).
If you are using stone massage kits, consider also buying handheld massager for knots as such devices will help with back pain. This device also helps to relieve tension and aches as well as improves blood circulation.
Furthermore, this soothing massage can also relieve stress, boost immunity, and alleviate pain. It is particularly beneficial to those suffering from soft tissue injuries or fibromyalgia.
However, you will have to buy a set of stones to reap the benefits of this massage. Of course, you can’t use any stones. They should be perfectly smooth, flat, and capable of holding heat for a long time.
The best hot stone massage kit needs to include anything and everything you could ever need to get started. Let’s try to find a hot stone set that would work best for you.
How Much Does a Hot Stone Massage Kit Cost?
Table of Contents
- 1 How Much Does a Hot Stone Massage Kit Cost?
- 2 Comparing the Top 5 Products
- 3 What Is Hot Stone Massage Kit?
- 4 Preparing Hot Stones for a Massage
- 5 Buyer’s Guide – Things to Consider Before Buying a Hot Stone Massage Kit
- 6 What is the Best Hot Stone Massage Kit?
- 7 Tips on How to Use Hot Stone Massage Kits
- 8 Ready to Use a Hot Stone Massage Kit?
It will depend on whether the kit includes a warmer besides stones. For the basic set, you can expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $60, depending on the size and number of stones.
The higher-end kits come with a stone warmer, too. They start at around $80 and go as high as $250.
Comparing the Top 5 Products
- 12 BASALT VOLCANIC STONES: This heated rock therapy system by SereneLife features 6 large and 6 small smooth round shaped natural black basalt rock with high silica and iron content that can hold heat for 25-35 mins which is longer than most stones
- Hardcover Book
- 12 BASALT VOLCANIC STONES: This hot stone massage kit rock therapy system features 6 large and 6 small smooth round-shaped natural black basalt rock with high silica and iron content that can hold heat for 25-35 mins which is longer than most stones
- Melt away the stress of the day and relax tired muscles with the Conair Hot stone massage kit
- HOT STONE MASSAGE KIT: 4 PLACEMENT STONES (around 3.14 x 3.14 in) and 2 WORKING STONES (around 3.14 x 2.36 in); best for common massage areas - neck, back, shoulders, arms and legs
What Is Hot Stone Massage Kit?
Every hot stone massage kit consists of specific stones that are placed on different areas of the body. They are usually placed along the spine, as well as on the stomach, chest, face, palms, and feet.
Before giving hot stone massage, it is critical to heat the stones. The warmth of the stones is relaxing and it helps tight muscles to loosen. The ideal temperature is anywhere from 130 to 150 degrees.
These stones come in different shapes and sizes. Most kits contain Basalt stones because this fine-grained volcanic rock is proven to hold heat well.
Are you particularly looking for a leg massager? Consider buying leg massager for circulation as it helps your legs and feet by inflating and contracting, easily help relieve your fatigue and improve circulation.
Preparing Hot Stones for a Massage
Buyer’s Guide – Things to Consider Before Buying a Hot Stone Massage Kit
In this guide, we will walk you through the key considerations for choosing the best hot stone kit. Aside from the stones themselves, you also need to consider your specific needs. Your choice will depend on what you’re looking for.
- Do you need an all-round kit to use with different types of clients?
- Are you a professional athlete wanting to ease muscle tension?
- Do you seek relief to alleviate a painful condition like rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia?
- Are you an insomnia sufferer looking to get more restful sleep?
Once you have a clear idea of your needs and goals, you’ll need to pay attention to the stones and their features.
- Stone types: Basalt is most commonly used for hot massage due to its exceptional heat-retention properties. It is naturally smooth and does not require a lot of polishing. Sedimentary rocks rich in minerals, such as limestone, can also be used for hot massage.
- Stone shapes: The best kits include hot massage stones of various shapes. They should have flat and large surfaces without rough edges to rest smoothly against the skin.
- Stone sizes: Look for a kit that contains differently sized stones. The smaller stones are suited for the palms and face, while the larger ones are intended to lay along the spine.
- The number of stones: Most kits come with a dozen stones. Consider how you’re going to use the stones and how well they retain heat to realize how many stones you actually need.
What is the Best Hot Stone Massage Kit?
With so many hot stone massage kits on the market, it is hard to say which one is the winner. We recommend choosing the Complete Massage Stone Kit by TIR Massage Stone. It will give you the best value for your money, allowing you to create a spa-like experience at home.
This high-end set includes 4 large round stones, 4 larger oblong stones, and 8 small oblong stones. Since all the stones are basalt, you can rest assured that they will hold heat well. That means you will not have to reheat them too frequently.
Reviews particularly highlight the density and size of the stones which are tailored for back, arm, and leg massage. Also, many people like that the stones can be heated without using a custom device.
There is a nice carrying pouch to store the stones when not in use. This is a good way to keep your stones together.
Tips on How to Use Hot Stone Massage Kits
Here are some tips on how to use your hot stone massage kit the right way:
- Read the instructions carefully: Most hot stone massage kits include an instruction booklet. If you are new to this type of massage, take the time to read the instructions. You can also look for information online to feel confident that you are using stones properly.
- Heat the massage stones to the proper temperature: Make sure your stones are heated somewhere between 130 and 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything above this can be dangerous to the skin. Use an infrared thermometer for accurate readings.
- Stay well hydrated: A person who gets hot stone massage must be hydrated properly to prevent burns. This will help you keep your skin protected during the massage. Remember that even warm stone can cause skin burns if left for too long in one place.
- Be careful when placing the stones: Avoid placing stones beneath your clients. For the face and areas sensitive to heat, use warm (not hot) stones and place them over a sheet rather than on the bare skin.
Ready to Use a Hot Stone Massage Kit?
Hot stones have been used for centuries. It comes as no surprise, given the fact that the heat from certain stones can stimulate blood flow and relax muscles.
In addition to reducing muscle tension, hot stone massage can also ease chronic pain and reduce stress. However, you should choose the best stone massage kit and use it properly to get the most out of your massage practice.
Pregnant women and those with skin-related problems should not use hot stones without consulting a doctor. Before giving or getting a hot stone massage, you will want to be sure that it’s completely safe.
If you are looking for a massager that will help relieve leg soreness, buying quality air compression leg massagers will be a wise choice. If you’re driving and have back pain, consider getting these massagers.