There are several ways to keep cool when summer sets in. Wearing few clothes, drinking cold drinks frequently are generally popular options many people observe.
However, sometimes, doing these doesn’t help. This is why you need to consider investing in a high velocity floor fan. Floor fans are portable, convenient and can be set up anywhere. They can be directed at one area or set to oscillate to cover a wide area.
Different models also come with varying speed settings that allows for an increased or decreased flow of cool air, perhaps depending on the individual’s needs.
That said, there is no need to suffer the intense heat waves when you can have a fan to cool you down. However, with the crowded market place, it isn’t always easy to know which can be the best option as you plan to make a purchase.
Well, worry less as our high velocity fan review below outlines some of the best products on the market. This will help you make a decision on the best fan that meets your cooling needs.
Best High Velocity Fans 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best High Velocity Fans 2018
- 2 1. Lasko 1827 Pedestal Fan – Best Overall
- 3 2. Rowenta VU2531 Turbo Silence Oscillating 12-Inch Table Fan – Most Premium Choice
- 4 3. Honeywell HT-900 Turbo Force Air Circulator – Best for the Money
- 5 4. Stanley 655704 High-Velocity Blower – Most Feature Packed
- 6 5. Patton PUF 1810C BM High-Velocity Fan – Most Versatile
- 7 Things to Consider Before Buying a High-Velocity Fan
- 8 High-Velocity Fans Maintenance Tips
- 9 Our Final Review
|Product Name||Top Features|
|Lasko 1827 Pedestal Fan||90-degree oscillation|
3 speed settings
|Rowenta VU2531 Oscillating Fan||5 speed setting|
Nearly silent operation
|Honeywell HT-900 Turbo Force Air Circulator||Quiet operation|
Powerful air movement
|Stanley 655704 High Velocity Blower||Three speed fan|
|Patton PUF 1810C BM High Velocity Fan||All metal construction|
Head can tilt
1. Lasko 1827 Pedestal Fan – Best OverallIf you are in the market for a powerful and fully adjustable fan that guarantees effective air spread throughout your house, consider the Lasko 1827 Pedestal Fan. The fan offers a wide oscillation, thanks to its 90-degree ability. This ensures that the fan spreads air throughout your room, keeping it cool and fresh.
If you need a steady stream of air within one direction, you can simply turn the oscillation feature off. This fan is fully adjustable and can adjust its height from 38” to 54.5.” The head can also tilt allowing you to direct the airflow to where you need the most.
The fan meets the basic safety requirements for in-house operations. It comes with a patented blue plug feature that shuts down the fan automatically in case of electrical faults. Assembling the Lasko 1827 Pedestal Fan is a breeze, as it requires no tool.
Many people are often concerned with how much noise a fan produces. However, the Lasko 1827 Pedestal Fan is among the quietest on the market. As for the speed, it offers three-speed settings that allow you to select the quantity of air you want.
With such features, this high-velocity fan is perfect for both small and large homes. It is energy efficient and fully adjustable, making it one of the best oscillating fans on the market.
2. Rowenta VU2531 Turbo Silence Oscillating 12-Inch Table Fan – Most Premium ChoiceThe Rowenta VU2531 Oscillating Fan is a feature-packed fan that allows remote control. It provides an assurance of cooling down your home in intense heat summer days. Energy efficient, powerful, quiet and safe are just but a few outstanding things to mention about this fan.
Perhaps the feature highlight of this fan is the five-speed settings. This allows you to adjust the speed based on how much airflow you need. It has an inclusive turbo boost that not only cools your home but also generates the best air circulation you can experience. It moves the air at approximately 2436 cubic feet per minute.
This fan’s electronic control panel provides for an eight-hour sleep timer. Its remote control feature also allows you to control your fan remotely. Like other models, its assembly is pretty easy, requiring no tools.
Each of the fan’s speed setting is quiet. Its nearly silent operation puts out 35dBA while delivering quality performance. Besides, it has an energy saving mode that decreases the airflow for the fan, providing an energy efficient setting.
3. Honeywell HT-900 Turbo Force Air Circulator – Best for the MoneyIf you are in the market looking for a fan that suits both your office and home, consider the Honeywell HT-900 Turbo Force Air Circulator. It can be used as a table fan or mounted on the all for utmost convenience. This is one of the best fans that will keep your house cool during the summer period.
The fan features an aerodynamic turboforce design. This design ensures that the fan provides maximum amount of air around your office and home, cooling the air to acceptable levels. Its grille is easy to remove for cleaning.
Honeywell HT-900 Turbo Force Air Circulator contains 7” blades that tilt up to 90 degrees. It also offers three-speed settings for utmost convenience. It comes fully assembled with a removable grid that allows easy maintenance and cleaning.
The fan offers an extremely quiet operation. It operates with around 25% less noise compared to its competitors. Besides, it is energy efficient.
4. Stanley 655704 High-Velocity Blower – Most Feature PackedThe Stanley 655704 High-Velocity Blower is a powerful and rugged fan that meets your cooling needs both at home or at a workshop. It is packed with numerous features that make it easy to use and move around, thus perfect for extensive cooling and ventilation.
Starting off its features are the powerful three-speed settings. This high-velocity flow or air makes it perfect even for small and enclosed spaces that need adequate ventilation. It is a versatile floor fan with a pivoting head that allows users to aim the airflow where they need the most.
Like other fans of its class, its safety features include a patented fused safety plug with a re-set button circuit breaker. The fan comes completely assembled and ready for immediate use. Despite using the three-speed settings, this high-velocity fan is remarkably quiet.
5. Patton PUF 1810C BM High-Velocity Fan – Most VersatileThe Patton PUF 1810C BM High-Velocity Fan is a high-velocity fan, perfect for use at home, garage or the workshop. It is powerfully made, sturdy and gives the best cooling services in any environment.
Unlike other high-velocity fans, its all-metal construction provides assurance of durability. The 3-speed setting coupled with 18” metal blades are designed to move the air efficiently. You can adjust or tilt the head to aim the airflow just where you need.
With its powder coated finish, the Patton PUF 1810C BM High-Velocity Fan is great looking and good aesthetic addition to your home, office or workshop. The carry handle provides for its portability. This fan requires limited assembly. However, it is great when it comes to noise and energy efficiency.
Things to Consider Before Buying a High-Velocity Fan
As mentioned, investing in a high-velocity fan is the best and perhaps most affordable way to keep your home cool during the summer.
Floor fans are shorter than pedestal fans but are larger and more powerful. They are also lightweight and easy to move around.
That said, to find the best product, below are some of the features you should consider.
Your home setting is different from another persons’ home. Whereas some have lots of space with large, open rooms, some may have limited, poky space.
Some rooms have high ceilings while others have low ceilings. Therefore, you should select a fan that suits your home based on the available space.
Portability should also be put into consideration. Being in the summer season, you might not be stuck in one room in your house. You need to get a fan you can easily move to the living room or kitchen during the day and to the bedroom as the night sets in.
There are other reasons you might need a portable fan. Therefore, you should consider a lightweight fan with a carrying handle or one that can be disassembled for ease of transport.
The best high-velocity fan should offer to provide minimum head tilting. This will allow you to position the fan to blow air in a direction you need. Some floor fans have oscillation abilities. As such, the head will move from side to side, spreading the air to a wider area.
This is a key feature when it comes to energy efficiency in your fan. You might not always require a fan with high airflow, but having an option of variable speed settings is great. Common floor fans offer three-speed settings, starting from the most powerful to the less powerful.
This not only determines the amount of airflow but also determines the noise produced by the fan.
Noise and Size
Big, powerful fans put out more noise compared to less powerful fans. This is because powerful fans move a lot of air compared to their small counterparts. However, big fans cool down your room, garage or workshop quite faster compared to less powerful ones.
Therefore, it is a matter of balancing the size of the fan and noise production. Large, powerful fans are a good choice for workshops and garages where noise isn’t a big problem.
This is what most people cite as the most important factor. However, the price of the fan shouldn’t be a deal breaker. Nonetheless, nobody certainly wants to pay a lot for something that can’t perform. Don’t go for a poor quality fan because it is cheaper.
Luckily, there are plenty of high-velocity fans on both ends of the price spectrum. Make a prudent choice depending on your budget.
Other Floor Fan Uses
The most important use of floor fans is keeping your home cool by circulating air. However, you can look beyond this and consider an item that provides extra functionality.
For instance, you might consider a fan that can help blow air from a fire and light a stove during the winter seasons. Some models are well suited for this, while others can’t.
Blade Size and Number
Long and wide blades translate to greater airflow. A fan with more blades serves the same purpose. The only drawback associated with this is increased resistance resulting from the additional blades.
A fan with more blades or large-sized blades consumes more energy due to increased resistance.
High-Velocity Fans Maintenance Tips
In order to keep your fan up and running, observe the following maintenance tips.
- Blades of any fan work expertly in collecting dust. Therefore, you should establish a safe maintenance routine to keep your fan in good operating condition.
- Use a soft, damp cloth to clean the fans’ blades and a soft, dry brush to clean the motor. This should be done at least once every four months.
- Fans produce some noise when functioning. Some people may find this noise soothing while others may find it disturbing. If noise is a concern to you, consider getting a fan with almost quiet operation.
Our Final Review
Floor fans are affordable and energy efficient option to cool your home compared to using air conditioners. They are also simple and easy to use than ceiling fans as they require no or minimal installation.
When searching for the best high-velocity fan, it is important to prioritize safety measures. Floor fans have large grills compared to desk fans, thus could be easy for your child to put through fingers. Therefore, consider a fan with safety considerations including the fused safety plugs.
Other important things to look into include the noise levels, speed settings, tilting head, portability and oscillation ability.
Having checked our best high-velocity fan review, which one is your favorite? Share with us in the comments section below.