Who would not like to use a warm towel after taking a shower? Upgrading your bathroom with a quality heated towel rack would be a great idea.
They are not only used to dry towels but you can also use them to dry clothes, warm baby items and beddings among other things. You will find them useful during the cold weather.
Today, the market provides a dazzling array of heated towel racks which comes in different styles, features and price. Are you searching for a quality heated towel rack? We’ve got you covered.
The best heated towel racks should be durable, affordable and should fit perfectly in your bathroom. In addition, they should be large enough to accommodate multiple towels (Source).
Best Heated Towel Racks 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Heated Towel Racks 2018
- 2 1. Amba RWH-CB Radiant Hardwired Curved Towel Warmer, Brushed – Best Overall
- 3 2. LCM Home Fashion 6-Bar Freestanding Towel Warmer, Drying Rack – Best For Easy Placement
- 4 3. Warmrails HSRC Regent 25.25-Inch Wall Mounted Towel Warmer, Chrome Finish – Best on Budget
- 5 4. Homeleader 100W Towel Warmer and Drying Rack – Most Power Efficient
- 6 5. WarmlyYours 10-Bar Infinity Towel Warmer, Plug-in, Stainless Steel – Best for Multiple Towels
- 7 Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Heated Towel Rack for Your Bathroom
- 8 Our Final Review
|Amba RWH-CB Radiant Hardwired Curved Towel Warmer|
|LCM Home Fashion 6-Bar Freestanding Towel Warmer|
|Warmrails HSRC Regent 25.25-Inch|
|Homeleader 100W Towel Warmer and Drying Rack|
|WarmlyYours 10-Bar Infinity Towel Warmer, Plug-in|
1. Amba RWH-CB Radiant Hardwired Curved Towel Warmer, Brushed – Best OverallThis is a good option if you prefer something modern in your bathroom. The towel rack has a sleek and modern design. Apart from being used in the bathroom, you can also use it in your home spa or modern kitchen. It can be mounted on the wall to save space.
It has a stainless steel exterior which is 100% waterproof. Apart from that, it has a brushed finish. It has a unique great curved design which makes it look great in any room. If you are searching for an efficient towel rack which you can use outdoors for example when swimming, this one can be great option. It features ten heated crossbars which provide the best drying pattern and optimal heating temperature.
You can interweave the towel across the bars then heat the towel at 112° degrees. This will heat the towel within a very short time. Some people complain that it consumes a lot of electricity but you can avoid this by turning it off when it is not in use.
2. LCM Home Fashion 6-Bar Freestanding Towel Warmer, Drying Rack – Best For Easy PlacementThis one is a 6 bar freestanding towel rack manufactured by LCM Home Fashion. The rack comes with freestanding feet and wall mounting brackets which makes it ideal for differently designed rooms. It is very useful for those who own a swimming pool since you can use it to warm your towel as you swim. It is also useful during the cold days or at the beginning or end of summer.
The towel rack is an excellent choice for those who own a home spa or hot tub since it can be mounted directly on the wall. A permanent towel rack is a perfect addition to a home spa. Apart from drying your towels, you can also use it to dry your clothes especially when you are in a hurry. All you need to do is to place the clothes on the rack then plug it in. Allow it to heat up to 122° degrees which is the recommended temperature for drying clothes.
However, you should note that sometimes it overheats when left for more than 4 hours. To prevent this, you can look for an energy saving outlet timer. This will ensure that your towels are heated properly without overheating.
3. Warmrails HSRC Regent 25.25-Inch Wall Mounted Towel Warmer, Chrome Finish – Best on BudgetHere comes another great option for those searching for a wall-mounted towel rack. This one is very effective and it is suitable for those with a limited space. It is able to heat large bath towels at optimum temperatures without getting too hot.
It has a high-end design and despite its quality, it is reasonably priced. With this one, you can turn your bathroom into a professional spa and your family will be able to enjoy the use of heated towels. It is also great for drying undergarments and linens. You can also leave it all day if you want to use it as a drying rack.
Most people like it because it uses 50 watts only which means you will enjoy using warm towels without any increase on your electricity bills. The only disadvantage of this model is that it does not get as warm as larger towel warmers. To solve this, you can leave the towels on the rack for long hours.
4. Homeleader 100W Towel Warmer and Drying Rack – Most Power EfficientThis one is one of the quality products from Homeleader and it has a very nice design. If you are searching for a sleek and smooth towel rack this one might be what you need. It measures 32 X 25 Inches wide which is a very balanced width to height ratio which ensures you can place at least 2 towels at once.
In addition, it comes with an inline switch which allows you to turn the heating element on and off. However, it does not have an auto shut off feature. It is very flexible which means it can be mounted on the wall or used as a standing rack depending on your preference.
The material used in the manufacture of this product is of high quality and it is designed in a way that enables it to prevent odors that are associated with burning electronics. It reaches its maximum temperatures of 48 degrees within 15 minutes and it’s able to retain the warmth for more than 30 minutes.
Another thing is that it comes with a unique radiator heat system which prevents it from consuming a lot of electricity.
5. WarmlyYours 10-Bar Infinity Towel Warmer, Plug-in, Stainless Steel – Best for Multiple TowelsThis one contains ten horizontal bars and is available in two types. That is; hardwired which is meant for permanent installation and plug in which is for temporally use. The hardwired model contains a programmable timer which allows you to set it in a way that it can operate in specific time of the day. This is an important feature for those with a similar routine everyday for example you can set it to switch or off at your preferred time.
However, it is good to mention that the timer contains just the basic options and it is not so much advanced. You can look for a more advanced separate timer if you are looking for one with different options.
The plug-in model comes with a long cord which works perfectly when plugged in any standard power outlet. The best thing with this model is that it is portable which makes it easy to move from one place to another.
Most people like it because unlike others, this one can hold different towels at once. This is because the spacing between the bars is large enough to accommodate more than one towel. You can fill it up with towels without any worry of overloading it.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Heated Towel Rack for Your Bathroom
Here are some of the factors that will help you to decide on the best heated towel rack for your home
Towels racks comes in different sizes and it is therefore good to consider the size of your bathroom. If you are planning to mount the heated towel rack on your bathroom, it is good to take the measurements of the wall first to ensure that it will fit perfectly.
You should also consider the number of towels the rack can accommodate. Another thing you should consider is the number of people using the bathroom. You should also thing about how it will affect furniture or objects around it.
Most towel racks are made of stainless steel or chrome. They look similar but heated stainless steel provides increased heat output as compared to chrome racks.
Heated towel racks are available in different price ranges. Whether you are searching for a towel rack with a sophisticated design or a moderately priced unit, you can find a good warmer with any amount. The price of these racks depends on style, size, and the material. Considering the amount you would like to spend is the first step in selecting a good towel rack.
Most towel racks becomes hot and this means you should be very keen when touching them. However, there are some models which do not get too hot and these are the best options especially if you have kids or if you are searching for an energy efficient towel rack.
The two types of towel warmers are electric warmers and hydronic towel warmers.
6. Electric warmers
are the most common and they work similarly with electric space heaters. Some contains a dry heating element while others contain mineral oil which is placed in the chassis and heated mostly by electric power.
Most of the electric towel racks comes with a 120V cord which can be plugged in any electric outlet. Others are hardwired into your electricity grid. If you are searching for a hardwired model, it is good to consult a plumber for installation.
7. Hydronic Towel warmers
normally work by passing hot water through a loop. These ones do not use electricity and they are very cost effective as compared to electric warmers. When installing them, you should contact a professional plumber for guidance.
8. Heat output required
Another thing you must put into consideration is the British Thermal Unit [BTU] output of the heated rack. The higher the number, the better the heated the rack. The amount of power you require will depend on the size of your bathroom or the number of towels you would like to heat at a time. The radiators should also be able to heat the room as well as the towels.
9. Will you mount it on the wall or place it on the floor?
This is a very important question should ask yourself before buying. Most of the heated racks are mounted on the wall but if it cannot fit on your wall, you can opt to just place it on the floor. However, this might not be appropriate for small bathrooms or if you don’t have enough space. If you decide to place it on the wall, ensure the fixings you choose are correct. It is good to consult a professional if you are not
Our Final Review
Heated towels racks are very important especially during the cold weather. However, choosing the best is not a simple task. When searching for the best product, it is good to consider the features to ensure that you are investing in a quality product.
Heated towels racks come in different sizes and design. Ensure that the product you have selected is large enough to accommodate many towels. It should also be durable, affordable and safe.
This guide will be helpful when choosing the best heated towel racks for your bathroom.